Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Well it is international week

I far one am absolutely delighted with our start to the season and think it can only get better

I love the fact we are now a young vibrant technical team and cant wait to see whats next for our trio behind Torres.

I probably go against the grain here but I think Terry should be fired for what he said pure and simple and it would be a good stand to make by the club.

Cashley did what any kid taken away from his home to grow up in a world where he was told he was fantastic and thrown loads of money would do and acted like a typical spoilt footballer, I can understand that, there are not that many lampards out there who have a sharp head on their shoulders and I don't think a footballer should have to carry the baggage of being a good example, racism or hatred is another thing altogether.

I am intrigues by marko marin - I wonder how good he is, I still havent seen enough of cesar to make any real opinion and would love a star striker at this stage, I can only imagine how much we would have beat norwich for example if we had a falcao or ronaldo or messi upfront.

Things are looking good and im loving it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Connor Clifford has been called up to the Irish senior squad for the games against Germany and the Faroes. Not that we'll see him of course.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ah you've ruined it now.

Was about to upload my powerpoint presentation with my projections for the next five years growth for the brand(or do I mean club?)!
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Ah lads,dont let this place become this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Connor Clifford has been called up to the Irish senior squad for the games against Germany and the Faroes. Not that we'll see him of course.....

Fairplay to the lad, he may not make it with is but he is a decent prospect.

Top going into the second international break is excellent.

Also Mata not getting called up by Spain is good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Ah lads,dont let this place become this!
    ........tumbleweed gif

Head over to THIS thread for some of this then......

tumblr_l9zpoiyyth1qzulc2o1_500.gif

I like to think we have a bit more decorum on this thread. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Must admit, disappointed with how petty the FA are

They call cole a liar, and because he responds, they are going to punish him by not letting him be capt for his 100th cap

Just show themselves up more really

Actually - I feel a thread coming on!

RichT wrote: »
    Head over to THIS thread for some of this then......

tumblr_l9zpoiyyth1qzulc2o1_500.gif

I like to think we have a bit more decorum on this thread. :p
    I love that episode and the Duck Dodgers in the 25th and 1/2 century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone think that Clifford might get a chance against Faroe Islands?

As much as I hate to admit, he needs to leave Chelsea to progress in my opinion.

Piece on young Conor

Chelsea midfielder Conor Clifford has been called into the Ireland squad for Friday night’s clash with Germany amid a growing injury crisis for Giovanni Trappatoni.

The Palmerstown native, who has just turned 21, has been recently on loan at cash-strapped Portsmouth, having excelled at Plymouth, Notts County, and Yeovil in previous loans away from Stamford Bridge.

While he is yet to make a first team appearance for Roman Abramovich’s big spenders, Clifford has been an impressive part of Chelsea’s Youth and Reserve squads over the past few years. He famously scored a late winner in the 2010 FA Youth Cup Final for the Blues in front of 10,000 at Stamford Bridge.

After being capped at international level all the way up to U21, Clifford was previously called into the senior squad for a friendly against Croatia in August 2010, but was an unused substitute. He joins up with the squad in Malahide today as they continue their preparations for the visit of Joachim Loew's superstars.

Following spells with schoolboy royalty Cherry Orchard and Crumlin United in Dublin, Clifford was snapped up by Chelsea in 2007. A powerful and combative midfielder with an impressive range of passing, Clifford has been likened to a ‘mix of Keane and Scholes’. Peter Reid, who managed Clifford at Plymouth, was struck by the maturity of the then 19 year-old when he was on loan at Home Park for a short spell: "I've got to say, he's been a breath of fresh air. He's enthusiastic, presses the ball, and has been our leader for such a young man while our captain has been out injured; a tremendous character." Reid remarked.

Whether Clifford will make his senior debut for Ireland on Friday remains to be seen, but with Glenn Whelan out, and Trap possibly opting for a three-man midfield, he may very well be biting at Bastien Schweinsteiger’s heels come Friday evening.

He may not get a chance with us but a mix of himself amd josh mc in cm would be great to watch at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Just heard that guillem balague has tweeted about Milan approaching pep for the managers job. Would anyone else here be happy for this to happen? I think this could be a blessing in disguise if it does!

RDM hasnt set a foot wrong so far. We can only jusge him on his full 38 game season with us and where we finish. Id like Pep but if it aint broke dont fix it TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

GavRedKing wrote: »
    RDM hasnt set a foot wrong so far. We can only jusge him on his full 38 game season with us and where we finish. Id like Pep but if it aint broke dont fix it TBH.

Pep ain't missed at the Neu Camp at the Mo, RDM will be judged on where he finishes and I like the look and movement of the squad, as ever defence is the key but looks stronger than this time last year, even Cech was making mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ryan was on twitter to clarify it wasnt just a sore throat that's keeping him out of the England squad.
    Twitter needs to be banned.

Ramires and Oscar playing for Brazil at the moment, against the mighty Iraq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

blue-army wrote: »

That is actually AMAZING. goosebumps or what.

Yer man at the end going mad in his room though, why is is daytime? DON DON DON CONSPIRACY.

Ah I joke, brilliant video though, I'll always remember that game. I completely forgot Messi missed a penalty aswell haha, so Drogba gave away two saved penalties in the semi's and the final haha.

• Advertisement

1-0 Ooooooschar

2-0 Ooooooschar

Oh Luiz is playing too, nearly gets the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Panthro wrote: »
    Ryan was on twitter to clarify it wasnt just a sore throat that's keeping him out of the England squad.
    Twitter needs to be banned.
    He did more than just clarify it

On a different note, how do we think Ireland will do tomorrow night agaist Germany?

2-0 loss for me I reckon. :(

• Advertisement

I'm gonna go for a win.
    Yes we will beat the Germans
    1-0 you heard it here first!

When did ya change your name :o

if that happens I'll be surprised but delighted.

Me and a few of the buddies are heading up to it so hoping for a good night.

I'm gonna go for a win.
    Yes we will beat the Germans
    1-0 you heard it here first!
    2/3 days ago!
    A big performance from the lads,no one expects them to do anything,now is our time:D

So 1-0 you say? Whos going to score?

/awaits betting advice :)

A cross goes amiss hits Andrews in the arse and flies into the bottom left corner:pac:

Andrews will never be that far forward. :o Trap will have the snipers eaiting if he crosses the half way line :pac:

• Advertisement

2-0 to Zeee Germanzzz
    Langweilig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

1 - 1 draw, think the Irish will score first and hang on until last 15 minutes before Germans scrape an equaliser

/specifics

2-0 to Zeee Germanzzz
    Langweilig

That was your 6666 post.

Evil.

\m/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

TheStook wrote: »
    That is actually AMAZING. goosebumps or what.

Yer man at the end going mad in his room though, why is is daytime? DON DON DON CONSPIRACY.
    4.10 onwards, when Torres rounds the keeper and scores.... To quote Gary Neville - "UNBELIEVABLE!" :D

... Oh, and I'm guessing that guy is in the US or Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That was your 6666 post.

Evil.

\m/

Is that you, Jim Corr?!:pac:

Roman wants Falcao according to the Daily Mail.
    Oh Holy jeebus

Roman wants Falcao according to the Daily Mail.
    Oh Holy jeebus

yeah, right - daily fail!

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/10/13/3496904/the-daily-mail-contradicts-itself-on-falcaos-price-sends-hulk-off-to

anyway - back in the REAL world.
    Debruyne got a goal and an assist!

yeah, right - daily fail!

anyway - back in the REAL world.
    Debruyne got a goal and an assist!

You'd have to admit though you wouldn't be surprised if Roman did want him.
    It's probably just more lazy journalism though as they link a bang in form striker with a mega rich (sometimes fickle) owner.
    Any one of us could probably write for that rag

amiable wrote: »
    You'd have to admit though you wouldn't be surprised if Roman did want him.
    It's probably just more lazy journalism though as they link a bang in form striker with a mega rich (sometimes fickle) owner.
    Any one of us could probably write for that rag

Wont happen - Torres is scoring, we already rejected paying silly prices for Hulk and Cavani.
    We will look to bring in a more realistic option for around 10 million like Remy or someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wont happen - Torres is scoring, we already rejected paying silly prices for Hulk and Cavani.
    We will look to bring in a more realistic option for around 10 million like Remy or someone

I doubt you'll get Remy for 10 mill.
    I think he's a bit meh anyway.

At last, some good news involving that 'T' word! :)
    ........Bertrand also decided his presence on the popular social networking site was a hassle he could do without and he has told friends he will never use it again.

LINK

RichT wrote: »
    At last, some good news involving that 'T' word! :)

LINK

Surely this isn't twitters fault

amiable wrote: »
    Surely this isn't twitters fault

Of course not!

It's the individual that does the 'tweeting' fault. Which is why I said it's good news that he won't be tweeting anymore.

Any Sunday paper gossip?

Cole wants a 2 year deal and has rejected the 1 year deal and is off at the end of the season

daily fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2217686/Ashley-Cole-leave-Chelsea-end-season.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DNeil%2BAshton%2B

As much as I like Bertrand, hes not up to Coles level and may never reach it so if Cole was to leave we'd be left with a problem at LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Id hate to see Cole leave especially to the likes of Utd but i have full fait in Bertie and PVA to succeed Cole. Granted they may never be as good as Cole but lets not write them off, both fantastic young players and both good enough to have a go with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tbh I don't see why they just don't give him 2 years, he's only 31.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement