Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kess73 wrote: »
    Damn that's where I was going wrong. I forgot to spout off some of the plastic flag/No history/buying silverware rubbish. :D

Don't worry though, come the 11th Nov I will have my knife in Chelsea for the day.

I think I'll take that game off, never a good idea modding when a bias might come into it.

Although I could weild the ban hammer for a few of the 'Pool brigade for the match. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Here ya go Kess, even more of ye turning up as we speak. :pac:

scousers.jpg

I'm getting sick of my family pictures being put up online. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And to keep the Liverpool/Chelsea thing going even further, there is a Torres chat in the LFC thread. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    And to keep the Liverpool/Chelsea thing going even further, there is a Torres chat in the LFC thread. :D

Interesting.......off I go to the Liverpool thread. :pac:

JT is accepting his ban from the FA so hes out of the Spurs & Utd game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea was sensible thing to do. With Sideshow, Cahill and Ivan should be no problems.

Yea was sensible thing to do. With Sideshow, Cahill and Ivan should be no problems.

I'd agree, more pace between those 3 that hopefully will see us not lose over the next 3 games.

We need to beat Utd at home I reckon, our 3-0 cóck up last year still haunts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Ashley Cole also fined 90k today by the FA for his twitter moment.
    Better off getting them out of the way in one day.

amiable wrote: »
    Ashley Cole also fined 90k today by the FA for his twitter moment.
    Better off getting them out of the way in one day.

About a weeks wages seems right.

Take it on the chin and move on.

• Advertisement

About a weeks wages seems right.

Take it on the chin and move on.

Exactly and the fact Chelsea have 2 'bad news stories' in one day gets it out of the way rather than another one next week

Over ST£300k in fines from Chelsea players today, nice work if you can get it. At least Ash didn't get a ban which is good from our point of view at least.

Over ST£300k in fines from Chelsea players today, nice work if you can get it. At least Ash didn't get a ban which is good from our point of view at least.

It was never going to be a ban. Whether Cole was right or wrong about feeling victimised or wronged he shouldn't have broadcast it.

As Gav says he's better off putting it behind and moving on.
    The FA are no angels themselves but it's very hard to beat the system.

Exactly and the fact Chelsea have 2 'bad news stories' in one day gets it out of the way rather than another one next week

Another thing that could be considered is this could lead to the phasing out of JT from team.

There is 2 huge games for Cahill to throw his hat into the ring to replace JT.

I dont think he has the defensive know how or overall defensive ability that JT has but hes a much better footballer and athlete then JT.

It was never going to be a ban. Whether Cole was right or wrong about feeling victimised or wronged he shouldn't have broadcast it.

As Gav says he's better off putting it behind and moving on.
    The FA are no angels themselves but it's very hard to beat the system.

This.

As soon as the FA get involved the majority of time you can expect a ban or fine to come down the line.

Agreed about Cole, alot of footballers would love to have a go at the FA but to do it in Coles context was always going to get him pulled up on it.

Hope hes got it out of his system and can carry on, we've a huge early K/O against Spurs and Cole will be pivotal to try stopping Lennon going down the right, Lennon will cause problems but hopefully he can keep him ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Looking forward to the Spurs game, we have to beat them, but id settle for a draw TBH. We have to beat either Utd or Spurs and can afford to draw one of the two.

Would love to get one over on a smugg AVB and take 3 point lane back!

I think we have a better defence and a better attack than Spurs so im going to go for a 3-2 win to us......should be a thriller :)

• Advertisement

Chelsea have said John Terry will face further punishment from the club but it will remain confidential.

I heard Ashley Cole is going to shoot him with an air rifle :D

I'd love a clean sheet but Spurs have a mean attack so keeping them out could prove difficult.

What I'd like to start with is

Cech
    Ivan Cahill Luiz Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Ramires will be a key player if he plays, he'll have to break up Spurs play and get around Bale if he comes inside. Hes one of the only players in our team that could even dream of tracking Bale.

Ivan should be ok if Bale goes dwn the outside, even though Bale is a strong guy Ivan is a beast and will rarely lose an aerial battle with him or 50/50 but if its a foot race over anything greater then 10 yards Bale will burn him all day long.

Chelsea have said John Terry will face further punishment from the club but it will remain confidential.

I heard Ashley Cole is going to shoot him with an air rifle :D

As I said, could be a great excuse to phase JT out on the starting XI.

If its anything like his real life shooting JT is ok. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Spurs away will be very difficult. A draw would be a great result for us. It's important we don't have a high line as spurs have pace to get in behind us. I'm not too confident about this one, it's always hard to predict how teams will do after an international break, I have a feeling we will be off form.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Spurs away will be very difficult. A draw would be a great result for us. It's important we don't have a high line as spurs have pace to get in behind us. I'm not too confident about this one, it's always hard to predict how teams will do after an international break, I have a feeling we will be off form.

If beating Arsenal away has thought me anything its that we're well capable of beating Spurs away.

Another vixtory against a top 4 rival will be very welcome but not expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Wasnt that AVBs downfall with us last year?
    He will play the high line against us and with Torres Oscar Mata and Hazard in our attack im sure will will be just a bad a treath to them as they will to us.

what a day wrote: »
    Wasnt that AVBs downfall with us last year?
    He will play the high line against us and with Torres Oscar Mata and Hazard in our attack im sure will will be just a bad a treath to them as they will to us.

The high line aided his downfall, falling out with the players didnt help and dropping the senior lads instead of uniting them forced a few out in the cold.

I think hes learned from it and he will become a better manager for it and our current squad and starting XI is something he would have loved to managed in his time.

Hopefully though we can at least avoid defeat, I couldnt stand to see his celebration if they win. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Is anyone else really disappointed in Chelsea's 'undisclosed' punishment of John Terry? It might have been too much to hope that they'd cancel his contract for gross misconduct, particularly when he'd been acquitted of the criminal offence. But for the team to be captained by someone whose explanation for racial abuse was barely credible really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Even leaving values aside, it's an appalling business decision to have such a figure representing the club internationally. Both commercially and morally it's a depressing move.

Also, absolutely shocking that Cole gets fined more than twice as much as Rio Ferdinand did. Cole reacted stupidly to being called a liar, and apologised profusely. Rio Ferdinand endorsed a racially charged slur about another professional and, unless I'm mistaken, has never apologised. The FA seem to make this stuff up as they along.

The high line aided his downfall, falling out with the players didnt help and dropping the senior lads instead of uniting them forced a few out in the cold.

I think hes learned from it and he will become a better manager for it and our current squad and starting XI is something he would have loved to managed in his time.

Hopefully though we can at least avoid defeat, I couldnt stand to see his celebration if they win. :(

I can imagine him giving it absolute loads. The slide, a 'shhhh' to the crowd, the works.

That's why I hope they knick a go-ahead goal on the 90 mark, then we bang two in during injury time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

geeky wrote: »
    Is anyone else really disappointed in Chelsea's 'undisclosed' punishment of John Terry? It might have been too much to hope that they'd cancel his contract for gross misconduct, particularly when he'd been acquitted of the criminal offence. But for the team to be captained by someone whose explanation for racial abuse was barely credible really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Even leaving values aside, it's an appalling business decision to have such a figure representing the club internationally. Both commercially and morally it's a depressing move.

Also, absolutely shocking that Cole gets fined more than twice as much as Rio Ferdinand did. Cole reacted stupidly to being called a liar, and apologised profusely. Rio Ferdinand endorsed a racially charged slur about another professional and, unless I'm mistaken, has never apologised. The FA seem to make this stuff up as they along.

Whats that? Hangin not good enough for him?!
    I'm sure Chelsea are disappointed, but ultimately players are commodities and unless someone has pictures of them wearing klu klux clan get up, or sniffing loads of coke then the clubs will sigh and carry on

Cole got fined for calling the FA twats, rather worse than a fellow professional so you can see how the FA value them

Over the years footballers have been "allowed" to get away with murder

Cantana's kung fu kick
    Tony adams acholism plus gambling , all widespread and still prevelant in the game today, just a few examples and the FA have been just as bad
    Its a thin line and I reckon Terry walked the thinest line, but there you go

Im not pushed about Cole and JT, main focus is on Saturday, losing JT is a bit of a blow but in Cahill and Luiz we should be ok especially against a quick team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Im not pushed about Cole and JT, main focus is on Saturday, losing JT is a bit of a blow but in Cahill and Luiz we should be ok especially against a quick team.

Mata is such a clever and key figure for us
    its all about the holy trinity
    Mata, Oscar and Hazard

I would have to say Gav it is quite a while since I thought it was a blow losing JT. We did well enough with 10 men against Barca and against Bayern we have 3 high quality centre halfs so we really should be fine. As you mentioned earlier being without him against Spurs may well be a blessing.

I would be surprised if he gets a new contract after this one though, I dont know when it is up but for me it should be a case of so long and thanks for all the fish.

I would have to say Gav it is quite a while since I thought it was a blow losing JT. We did well enough with 10 men against Barca and against Bayern we have 3 high quality centre halfs so we really should be fine. As you mentioned earlier being without him against Spurs may well be a blessing.

I would be surprised if he gets a new contract after this one though, I dont know when it is up but for me it should be a case of so long and thanks for all the fish.

He signed a 5 year deal in 2009 to keep him here up to the Summer of 2014.

That could easily be his last contract before hes either shipped or advised to take up a coaching role.

With Chelseas policy of 1 year extensions for over 30's and JT's recent controversy this could be the chance to cut the losses but ya just never know really.

He signed a 5 year deal in 2009 to keep him here up to the Summer of 2014.

That could easily be his last contract before hes either shipped or advised to take up a coaching role.

With Chelseas policy of 1 year extensions for over 30's and JT's recent controversy this could be the chance to cut the losses but ya just never know really.

Thanks for that, indeed we are consistent at being inconsistent at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Whats that? Hangin not good enough for him?!
    I'm sure Chelsea are disappointed, but ultimately players are commodities and unless someone has pictures of them wearing klu klux clan get up, or sniffing loads of coke then the clubs will sigh and carry on

No - as I said, wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally if Chelsea cancelled his contract. But keeping him as captain, to me, sends the wrong message - to fans, to players, and to the broader community.
    Cole got fined for calling the FA twats, rather worse than a fellow professional so you can see how the FA value them

Calling someone a 'choc ice' (which is a racially charged term) is, to my mind, worse than saying the FA are a bunch of twats.

The Ferdinand brothers are reported to not be wearing the " Kick Racism out of the game " T-shirts this weekend in protest to JT's punishment.

Rio - :rolleyes:

Next 3 games are huge for us.

Spurs (A) , Shaktar (A) , Man Utd (H)

If we can remain unbeaten in those games and pick up 5 - 7 points I'll be delighted, now 9 points would be excellent but a huge task and test of the team.

Some bits from the tabloids, Daily Mail reckon we're among a few clubs keeping an eye on Shawcross, with United apparently heading the que.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2220005/Manchester-United-Chelsea-Spurs-watching-Ryan-Shawcross.html
    Ryan Shawcross could be set for a sensational return to Manchester United with Old Trafford scouts monitoring the Stoke captain.

The centre back was rewarded for his consistent displays with a call-up to Roy Hodgson's England squad for the recent World Cup qualifying double-header against San Marino and Poland.

And his performances are not going unnoticed among the Premier League's big guns, with Chelsea and Tottenham also monitoring the player, according to Sky Sports.

TBH I think there is little between Cahill and Shawcross, I'd prefer Cahill as he appears to be a slightly better footballer.

Martin Lipton is having a go at Chelsea for keeping Jt on as captain despite him not contesting the FA's racism charge.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-have-let-football-and-the-country-down-by-keeping-1386495

On Thursday, as Terry accepted his FA punishment, his four-game ban and record £220,000 fine, was Chelsea’s opportunity to take a stand.
    Not by sacking Terry for his racial abuse of Anton Ferdinand - after all, nobody called for ­Liverpool to sack Luis Suarez - but by making a mark, showing a principle, an understanding of the hurt and damage the affair has caused, demonstrating an ­awareness of how this case has led to the worst outpourings of tribalism, and at times outright and blatant racial abuse.
    And, sadly, Chelsea flunked it.

Completely, totally and utterly.

Now, he either has forgot about the court case or choose not to mention it.

Anyway, its better to just get on with it at this stage its almost a year since it happened.

So JT is no longer the captain, this is a good oppertunity to phase him out of the team.

So JT is no longer the captain, this is a good oppertunity to phase him out of the team.

Where did you see that?? :eek:

Regardless if he has an armband or not hes a leader of men so he'd still be the same vocal, organiser of the team.

I assume the next line will be Lamps then Cech then possibily Cole.

Regardless if he has an armband or not hes a leader of men so he'd still be the same vocal, organiser of the team.

Was watching the press conference with robbie. Refused to confirm that terry is still the captain.

If he is stripped of the armband would chelsea not be better off to select someone for the longterm?

• Advertisement

Was watching the press conference with robbie. Refused to confirm that terry is still the captain.

So the club dont want to confirm what action has taken place.....pretty clear if he lines out against Shaktar and someone else has the arm band. :pac:

If he is stripped of the armband would chelsea not be better off to select someone for the longterm?

Agreed.

Cech, 30 , Cole 31, Lamps 33 are all pushing on.

Looking at our strongest XI (IMO)

Its

Cech

Ivan Luiz JT Cole

Ramires Mikel

Mata Oscar Hazard

Torres

Now looking at that Cahill could and probably will replace JT soon but if I was to appoint anyone of those as captain it would be Luiz.

The guy is vocal on the pitch and a big presence but the same could be said if Cahill was to dislodge JT soon. I know Mikel has captained the team before but he doesn't strike me as a leader, infact I think we're lacking one or two of them if you take Lamps/JT out of the team.

Its Friday tomorrow we go to Spurs as European Champions I wonder do they remember this when they play in the Thursday league :-)

Fixed it for ya. I'd say they do remember and AVB will remember his tenure here aswell.

Alot of venegance to be dished out but lets hope RDM does the job, similar performance like the one away to Arsenal and I'll be happy.

Good work Gav that just never works for me on any site with my computer.

Good work Gav that just never works for me on any site with my computer.

Its not to hard.

Say this is your link : www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSLd2P3mrI

What you do is throw everything after the " = " into the Youtube tags.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

If Chelsea were to take the armband off Terry I dont really see a long term candidate in the team, maybe Luiz or Cahill?

Anyway, onto more important things, if Chelsea can go through the next 3 fixtures unbeaten we'll be in a great position both domestically and in the CL.

I think the Shakhtar game will probably be the toughest game, but thats the one were we need at least a point IMO.

• Advertisement

The away game in Donetsk is going to be huge. If we can manage 4 points from our back to back games with them I'd be delighted. I'd also want to stay unbeaten at home for as long as we can, gone are the days of Mourinho's not losing at home in the league record. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You give the armband to Lampard. When he leaves you find somebody else to give it to but it would be ridiculous for anyone else to get it. Granted, he won't play every game but it would be a slap in the face for him to be overlooked.

Is he not the current vice-captain?

Kirby wrote: »
    You give the armband to Lampard. When he leaves you find somebody else to give it to but it would be ridiculous for anyone else to get it. Granted, he won't play every game but it would be a slap in the face for him to be overlooked.

Is he not the current vice-captain?

Yup, hes the current vice captain and when hes benched and JT is out it goes to Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd look at maybe giving vice-captain to Torres if Lamps gets it. Torres has been talking about expanding his role on the pitch and this might be a nice way for a vote of confidence from the club for him.
    Yup, hes the current vice captain and when hes benched and JT is out it goes to Cech.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd look at maybe giving vice-captain to Torres if Lamps gets it. Torres has been talking about expanding his role on the pitch and this might be a nice way for a vote of confidence from the club for him.

Lamps doesn't play as much these days so theat would see Torres taking the arm band alot. Now, when hes fired up Torres is very vocal but that normally only happens when hes been kicked and doesn't get a decision.

If he wanst to take on the responsiblity then thats a good sign though, sign of improved confidence maybe. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement