Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It really irritates me when people say RDM should not get the job and then don't name who they think should get it. People seem to think the grass is always greener on the other side:rolleyes:

As for pep, I really don't know why anyone at chelsea would want him at the club. He was the perfect manager for barca given their style and the players avaliable but the skills needed to manage barca are completely different to any other job in football so being a success at barca is relatively easy with that squad. If he was at chelsea he would be another AVB and I don't want to go through that sh!te again.

TBF i have not seen any posts saying we dont want Di Matteo in charge. I think he has shown enough quality with what he has and he should be given funds and next season to show what he can do. As for Pep i dont think he would be a success at Chelsea either. I think he will need a lot of time to buld a squad that fits his style of play and he deffinitly wont get that at the Bridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RDM deserves at least a year in the job, anyway we have this to keep us right up to date.

http://hasrobertodimatteobeensackedyet.com/

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

what a day wrote: »
    TBF i have not seen any posts saying we dont want Di Matteo in charge. I think he has shown enough quality with what he has and he should be given funds and next season to show what he can do. As for Pep i dont think he would be a success at Chelsea either. I think he will need a lot of time to buld a squad that fits his style of play and he deffinitly wont get that at the Bridge!

I'm in the "not sure" camp, but I would give RDM a chance, lets face it, if he then gets sacked it wont be anything that we havent gone through before!
    My doubts with him are over the league form, the type of football played (quite negative) and the fact we havent beaten any team higher than 14th (Stoke) under him in the league.
    Now it could be because we have rotated\tiredness\focusing on cups etc, so it would be interesting to see how he does with a fresh squad at the start of the season

The league is the bread and butter, and surely that comes ahead of any cup, even the CL? Although Roman wants both of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Question is who will be available next year for the job?

If matteo wins the CL i can see us giving him the job, i would like to see him get it for a year anyway and i wouldn't tie him down to a 4 year deal or anything.

I don't see many other options for managers around that would be willing to take the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

The league might be a higher priority for the club, but winning a competition is probably a higher priority for an interim manager. I wouldn't judge RDM on league form as I dont think it was his priority.
    I'm in the "not sure" camp, but I would give RDM a chance, lets face it, if he then gets sacked it wont be anything that we havent gone through before!
    My doubts with him are over the league form, the type of football played (quite negative) and the fact we havent beaten any team higher than 14th (Stoke) under him in the league.
    Now it could be because we have rotated\tiredness\focusing on cups etc, so it would be interesting to see how he does with a fresh squad at the start of the season

The league is the bread and butter, and surely that comes ahead of any cup, even the CL? Although Roman wants both of course

• Advertisement

Falcao scoring twice in the Europa league final. Courtois is on his way to picking up a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Chelsea 1-0 down in second leg of FA Youth cup, this leaves them currently 4-1 up on aggregate.

18 minutes left gents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

204265.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Tomorrow's [Thursday 10 May] signing session with Didier Drogba at the Stamford Bridge Megastore has now been cancelled due to medical treatment Didier is receiving on an injury.

We would like to sincerely apologise to supporters for any inconvenience caused.

???

______

FA Cup is all blue this year!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

3 FA Cup wins this season, not bad

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Falcao scoring twice in the Europa league final. Courtois is on his way to picking up a medal.

Courtois just done an amazing save - been good tonight, excellant signing by Chelsea

Do you think we are watching our new manager and some new signings he will bring with him?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

How can you not like David Luiz

Courtois just done an amazing save - been good tonight, excellant signing by Chelsea

Do you think we are watching our new manager and some new signings he will bring with him?:eek:

Just give me Courtois. The young man is a beast and has some career ahead of him. Well done young man.

bullpost wrote: »
    The league might be a higher priority for the club, but winning a competition is probably a higher priority for an interim manager. I wouldn't judge RDM on league form as I dont think it was his priority.

Yep, been thinking about that, and I think you are right.
    Chelsea, under RDM deffo seem to have targeted the cups rather than the league and that must have been agreed with them upstairs.
    The teams we have put out for the cups and the league have been very different with the strongest team put out for the cups (IMO)

Winning the FA Cup goes some way to proving Chelsea were right to switch track, since the league was pretty much gone before christmas, but what if we do miss out on CL football next season?
    CL football brings basically 2 things - money and prestige (And with prestige, the supposed ability to attract better players)
    This years run to the final has made us 46 million - thats double Arsenals money apparently. So we have compensated a good bit if we do miss out next season, as entry normally means around 20 million

City have shown that you can attract the type of player needed to challenge for the league and to get back into the top 4 next season, even if you finish outside the top 4.

So on reflection, we were dead right to gamble and it might even pay off big time if we actually win the damm thing this time.
    After all, we could have had a season like Utd are looking at - winning sweet FA. (Arsenal of course do the same thing every year and even they may miss out on top 4 and no trophy again this year)

An FA Cup and CL final appearence is not to be sniffed at, even if we lose and finish outside the top 4.
    Unlike other teams, we have an owner who WILL invest in the team , to get us back up there, because he wants a winning team rather than asset stripping or advertising their company\brand raise their profile etc etc
    Plus we might just get an iconic new stadium to boot

Win or Lose in Munich, the futures bright, the futures CHELSEA BLUE!

Carefree!

^ Great post Sgt. Pepper.:)

Borussia Dortmund are playing Bayern Munich in the German Cup on Saturday.

Heres hoping for Robben, Ribery and Neuer all to pick up nocks nad miss the UCL Final. :p

A report on our loan players.

Thibaut Courtois has spent the season on loan at Atletico Madrid in Spain and, after catching the eye with a string of impressive performances, he ended the season on a high, playing the full 90 minutes and keeping a clean sheet as his side defeated Athletic Bilbao 3-0 to win the Europa League. Atletico are fifth in the Spanish league table with a game to go.

Ben Gordon, meanwhile, also took part in a major final and ended up with a winners' medal. The left-back has flourished since moving north of the border to join Kilmarnock following a brief, unsuccessful stint at Peterborough earlier in the season.

Gordon forced his way into the reckoning shortly after arriving at Rugby Park, and has been a first team regular since. The highlight of his season, and probably career thus far, however, was playing the full 90 minutes as Kilmarnock sprung a major surprise by beating Celtic 1-0 at Hampden Park in the Scottish League Cup Final.

Josh McEachran joined Brendan Rodgers at Swansea back in January, but the talented midfielder has found it difficult to force his way into a team which has exceeded all expectations this season, making five appearances since his arrival at the Liberty Stadium.

Jeffrey Bruma, currently on a two-year loan deal with German side Hamburg, has impressed at the heart of the defence in a side which has been struggling to consolidate their top-flight status for much of the campaign.

Bruma's consistency and reliability have seen him start 22 matches, and his performances have also earned him recognition at international level, with the 20-year-old featuring twice for Holland in the lead-up to the European Championships.

Gael Kakuta has enjoyed a decent second half of the season personally at Dijon in France after making the switch at the turn of the year. However, having scored four times in 12 appearances, the creative wide player's side is struggling to avoid dropping out of the top flight.

After clinching the signing of Kevin De Bruyne from Genk in January, the Belgian was loaned back to his former club for the remainder of the season. One of the most influential players in Belgium, De Bruyne made 22 appearances and scored eight goals.

The 2010/11 champions were unable to retain their title, finishing fifth, 21 points behind the leaders Anderlecht, but De Bruyne signed off in style, scoring the final goal in a 3-1 win over Gent on the final day of the season.

Sam Walker made 20 appearances for Yeovil following his decision in January to link up with Gary Johnson, a manager he also played under at Northampton Town. It's undoubtedly been a difficult season for Yeovil, but having been languishing in 18th when Walker signed, they finished in 17th, 12 points clear of the relegation zone.

Another of our young goalkeepers, Rhys Taylor, has been enjoying the benefits of first team football while on loan at Rotherham in League Two. He made 20 appearances for Steve Evans' side, as they finished safely in mid-table.

Yossi Benayoun has spent the season across London at Arsenal, and having been used only sparingly by manager Arsene Wenger for much of the campaign, the Israeli midfielder has featured more regularly in recent weeks. Benayoun has scored three goals while at the Emirates, including the opener in last Saturday's 3-3 draw against Norwich City.

Following a brief spell at Doncaster Rovers earlier in the season, Milan Lalkovic has spent the second half of the season on loan at Den Haag in the Dutch Eredivisie. The Slovakian is yet to start a game but has featured twice from the substitutes' bench, while goalkeeper Matej Delac has made one start for Dynamo Ceske Budejovice in the Czech Republic.
    Blues trio Patrick Van Aanholt, Tomas Kalas [pictured below] and Ulises Davila have all been gaining invaluable first team experience at Vitesse Arnhem, with mixed results.

Kalas has shone in central-defence since breaking into the side, making 29 appearances for a team which finished seventh, while Van Aanholt has featured nine times. The Mexican Davila is yet to start but has come on twice as a sub, and the youngster has impressed while playing for the reserves.

Got to wait for the press conference but the Telegraoh is confident Luiz will be back.

David Luiz, the Chelsea centre-back, could make his comeback from a hamstring injury against Blackburn on Sunday and remains confident of playing a full part in the Champions League final.

The Brazilian has been progressing well in training and, although he is unlikely to start Sunday’s match, there is a temptation to give him some playing time ahead of the game against Bayern Munich.

Roberto di Matteo knows that this decision is finely balanced and, while the priority is clearly not to risk any setback, it has to be weighed up against the fact that Luiz has not played since the FA Cup semi-final on April 15.

With John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic both suspended, Luiz is vital to Chelsea’s chances of beating Bayern Munich. Di Matteo also still hopes that Gary Cahill, his only other senior centre-back, will return for the Champions League final although he is behind Luiz in his rehabilitation.

Di Matteo is also monitoring more minor injuries to Didier Drogba and John-Obi Mikel, who should both be fit for the Champions League final.

With Chelsea now unable to finish in the Premier League's top four regardless of whether they beat Blackburn on Sunday, they must defeat Bayern Munich on May 19 to keep their place in Europe's elite club competition.

Sgt Peppers Lonely Transfer Rumour

According to Blic, Chelsea are reportedly close to signing Partizan midfielder Lazar Markovic for approx 5 million pounds

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/10/3093391/chelsea-negotiating-close-to-signing-belgrade-youngster-markovic-

He's highly rated and very good in Fm2012 ;)

• Advertisement

never heard of him, but if goal wrote it it must be gospel :D

was just searchin for any news on Willian, all gone quiet lately.
    his contract us up at the end of june so i suppose we will get him cheap if we are in for him. Any wingers welcome at this stage.

what a day wrote: »
    never heard of him, but if goal wrote it it must be gospel :D

Its Blic, more than goal.com and the same source that leaked the Savic to Man City story

Apparently Liveprool were after him
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DBlic%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=sr&u=http://sport.blic.rs/Fudbal/Domaci-fudbal/214350/Lazar-Markovic-vec-prodat-Celsiju

I love Sgt Peppers crazy transfer rumours. :D

You know its the season for spending when he starts posting.

Keep it up, your more reliable then most of the genuine sources around, maybe you can get a job working with these guys for the summer transfer
    window.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDyFBsK7qP0Oa4VL7lGKWl_nDkhhy1Ge6ILrALlBS2fBITK0v1
    :pac:

Sgt Peppers Lonely Transfer Rumour

According to Blic, Chelsea are reportedly close to signing Partizan midfielder Lazar Markovic for approx 5 million pounds

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/10/3093391/chelsea-negotiating-close-to-signing-belgrade-youngster-markovic-

He's highly rated and very good in Fm2012 ;)

This could be the tasty part.

The young prospect, who earned his first cap for Serbia on February 28 against Armenia still aged 17, is understood to have been personally recommended by Partizan's coach Avram Grant to his friend Roman Abramovich.

Taken from another thread, but none the less a good little read.

Nothing we ahvent seen already but outlines figures and numbers fairly easy to follow if you click on each team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255617/Revealed-the-financial-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html

Net debt: What money is owed to the banks: it does not include football debts such as unpaid transfer fees.

Income: All money earned from television, sponsorship, the gate etc. Transfer fees are not included.

Wages: Salaries paid to players and other staff.

Other costs: Other general running costs, eg: lighting, heating, food, travel, auditing, legal and agents' fees etc.

Operating profit/loss: A number that includes accounting charges called "amortisation and depreciation" which have no effect on the club's cash position.

Operating cash flow: The true cash income/losses from running the club day to day. This does not include discretionary spending such as transfers/stadium improvements.

Net interest paid/received: Cash paid/received from bank debts/cash balances .

Net transfer spending/income: Cash received for selling players minus cash paid for signings.

Net cash inflow (before financing): The total cash deficit/income after all the above. £0 is breakeven; a negative number represents what support a club's owner (or lenders) have had to provide to cover costs. A positive number means the club was richer at the end of last season than at the start.

Taken from another thread, but none the less a good little read.

Nothing we ahvent seen already but outlines figures and numbers fairly easy to follow if you click on each team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255617/Revealed-the-financial-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html

I dont think we even have to break even although thats the goal.
    They will accept if the club can show that they have tried to conform!

I dont think we even have to break even although thats the goal.
    They will accept if the club can show that they have tried to conform!

Well we are making more money recently so thats a positive sign.

Torres, Luiz, Ancelotti and AVB have all stung the club in recent times but we'll be ok.

Now, a move to a new stadium will bring in even more money so we'll be fine. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Has everyone forgotten the new jersey came out today? Or are we waiting for the Champions of Europe edition? :D

Checked lifestyle, €73, Elverys €65. No launch day deals.

Guy in Champion said Adidas screwed up delivery and no shops probably have it :rolleyes:

I noticed sportsdirect have it for £40, should have added that to my order last night but it's too late to cancel now

• Advertisement

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/daily-news/exclusive-sketches-of-chelseas-plans-for-battersea/8630142.article?blocktitle=Daily-News&contentID=3169

So assuming somebody isn't taking the piss, it looks like one of the stands (hopefully the single tier one) will be in the power station, which could be amazing.

Has everyone forgotten the new jersey came out today? Or are we waiting for the Champions of Europe edition? :D

Checked lifestyle, €73, Elverys €65. No launch day deals.

Guy in Champion said Adidas screwed up delivery and no shops probably have it :rolleyes:

I noticed sportsdirect have it for £40, should have added that to my order last night but it's too late to cancel now

I'm going over this weekend to the game so im going pick it up over.

Going to get no name on it though as id like Torres so il wait until 1st September before i commit to a name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lucas Piazon wins Chelsea's Young Player of the Year

Not much of a shocker: Rami gets goal of the season.

Apparently two years running, but for the life of me I can't remember last season?

amiable wrote: »
    Lucas Piazon wins Chelsea's Young Player of the Year

Deserved

Rami got players player of the year. Paulo is translating for him on stage. I want to make a joke about that being his biggest contribution of the season, but I kinda love the guy so I'd feel bad.

• Advertisement

Ramires picks up Players player along with goal of the season

edit: ugh thanks masked man.... :)

You can take player of the year :)

I'm going to announce it before they do...... Congrats to Jose Bosingwa :D

Juan Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Masked Man wrote: »
    Not much of a shocker: Rami gets goal of the season.

Apparently two years running, but for the life of me I can't remember last season?

Manchester City at home to make it 2-0. Also well deserved this year, classiest chip in a game of such magnitude.

Its obviously impossible to argue against Mata getting it, but I really feel like Ivanovic deserved the recognition. Him and Cech have been our most consistent players over the last two seasons imo.

• Advertisement

Its obviously impossible to argue against Mata getting it, but I really feel like Ivanovic deserved the recognition. Him and Cech have been our most consistent players over the last two seasons imo.

Both have really stood out alright. Mata, Ramires, Ivanovic and Cech have easily been the standout performers this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Can Ramires not speak English yet?

I assume he can and I think he used some English in his speech for the goal award (that's what it said on another forum). Mightn't be that confident in it though.

edit: apparently he promised to give his speech in English next year, if he has to make one.

I assume he can and I think he used some English in his speech for the goal award (that's what it said on another forum). Mightn't be that confident in it though.

edit: apparently he promised to give his speech in English next year, if he has to make one.

Well done Rambo and Piazon. Did Mata get player of the year ya?

Cech and Ivan would definetly run Mata close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

since we're gonna finish 6th can we please give lukaku and piazon some playing time against blackburn? cheers

Id like to see Lukaku start up front instead of Torres/Drogba.
    Piazon to start in behind him.

Hilario
    Ferraira--Ivan--Terry-Bertrand
    Essien-Oriel
    Sturridge---Piazon---Malouda
    Lukaku

Drogba to come for his last game in Stamford Bridge.
    Would also like to see Sturridge up front if not Lukaku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Had a horrible dream last night, we were 3 nil up in champs league final, only 2 lose 4-3 with an injury time penalty. :(

Hate nightmares :pac:

Dont worry we are going to win it for sure :D Torres to get the winner, Luiz to get MOM and Mata with one assist and one goal ;)

2-1 Chelsea

Any one any updates on Bayern players that may miss out on Champion League final?

Im gonna be praying tommoro night for some injuries :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone know the cheapest place in Dublin to get the new Chelsea jersey?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement