Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

3-2 to the Blues, you read it here first.
    C'mon the Torres, don't miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

RDM says we try to be solid and not just score one more than the opposition, but the truth is, whilst Utd will have to cope with the holy trinitys ever changing movement, none of them like to track back
    Be amazed if either team finishes with a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Is there a match thread lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

RDM says we try to be solid and not just score one more than the opposition, but the truth is, whilst Utd will have to cope with the holy trinitys ever changing movement, none of them like to track back
    Be amazed if either team finishes with a clean sheet

+1, 3-2 to the Blues methinks, there's gonna be goals, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Drogba linked to Liverpool again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Well........I'm angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

TheStook wrote: »
    Well........I'm angry.

TBF when refs have games like that theres nothing we can do. Anything can happen. I was delighted with the comeback, even with 10 men I fancied our chances but then torres and offside goal.....joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm so fuqing angry, the 12 men of Utd won.
    Torres decision was a joke.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very disappointing to lose like that.

Very proud of the way we came back today but we need to cut out the sloppy defending from the first half. We really should have scored more before the game ended as a contest at the torres incident. Anyways still top of the league and loads to be positive about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is the The Monkey banned ? cause Im kinda looking forward to his reaction after that game !

Proud off the blues and looking forward to seeing if Danny takes his chance by the horns , must be chomping at the bit to prove he is good enough , I think Torres casts an isolated figure up top on his own sometimes and would love to see danny up beside him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

You know, in perspective, we are still doing very well.
    Still top of the league and getting used to playing a different style with new players and still some of the new ones to see.
    We gave Utd a good fright and came back from 2-0 down and already beaten Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs - all very tricky teams

the futures still bright and blue!

(especially when that new striker signs!)

You know, in perspective, we are still doing very well.
    Still top of the league and getting used to playing a different style with new players and still some of the new ones to see.
    We gave Utd a good fright and came back from 2-0 down and already beaten Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs - all very tricky teams

the futures still bright and blue!

(especially when that new striker signs!)
    We will take Torres on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

Really felt the momentum was with us after equalizing, thought a third goal from us was almost inevitable, so so so gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Never been so sickened by a defeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

is Torres only going to miss the cup game?
    Sicken by the ref but hopefully we never be down to 9 again and still win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Never been so sickened by a defeat

You've a short memory...

That barca game in the champions league, was much much much harder to take given what was at stake.

At the end of the day we are still top of the league and the players played their hearts out when down to 9 men. Chin up and move on, not much we can do about official decisions changing games. I'm just glad we got it out of the way now and hopefully it won't happen when it comes to the business end of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    is Torres only going to miss the cup game?
    Sicken by the ref but hopefully we never be down to 9 again and still win the league.

I think so 2nd yellow. Does the silly FA rule of you can't appeal against 2 yellows still stand?

I think so 2nd yellow. Does the silly FA rule of you can't appeal against 2 yellows still stand?
    Yes you can't appeal a yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

You've a short memory...

That barca game in the champions league, was much much much harder to take given what was at stake.

At the end of the day we are still top of the league and the players played their hearts out when down to 9 men. Chin up and move on, not much we can do about official decisions changing games. I'm just glad we got it out of the way now and hopefully it won't happen when it comes to the business end of the league.

It's a personal thing with United. Rest assured that Iniesta goal killed me but I dont hide the fact I hate United above any other team, and it was what seemed like an archetypal United win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No shame in losing like that. We outplayed them for the majority of the match even with 9 men. Torres shouldn't been sent off and Evans would have walked if the ref had spotted the contact. Ivans red was questionable at best as Young was going down before contact was made. It took an offside goal against 9 men to beat us so let the others revel in their false glory (they love that word don't they? cringe) but we're still top of the league. Proud to be a blue today and the support was fantastic also, crowd really gave it everything. Surely proves our title credentials.

Lukker- wrote: »
    No shame in losing like that. We outplayed them for the majority of the match even with 9 men. Torres shouldn't been sent off and Evans would have walked if the ref had spotted the contact. Ivans red was questionable at best as Young was going down before contact was made. It took an offside goal against 9 men to beat us so let the others revel in their false glory (they love that word don't they? cringe) but we're still top of the league. Proud to be a blue today and the support was fantastic also, crowd really gave it everything. Surely proves our title credentials.
    The Ivanovic was red was a definite red.
    Torres should have been sent off in the first half.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

No question in Ivans , although it was youngs foot that made contact rather Ivan making contact his was the man in front and the conntact made him go down

amiable wrote: »
    The Ivanovic was red was a definite red.
    Torres should have been sent off in the first half.

I disagree about Torres the ref can show some discretation as he showed Rooney who already on a yellow when he pulled Ramires back when he was about to counter.

Ivanovic you see them go either way. Minimal contact regardless but this is modern football I suppose.

Shocking standard of reffing whatever way you look at it, his awful decisions influenced the outcome of a game.

I disagree about Torres the ref can show some discretation as he showed Rooney who already on a yellow when he pulled Ramires back when he was about to counter.

Ivanovic you see them go either way. Minimal contact regardless but this is modern football I suppose.

Shocking standard of reffing whatever way you look at it, his awful decisions influenced the outcome of a game.
    I think the Torres tackle on Cleverly was awful he's Lu cky the ref booked him otherwise he may have got a 3 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Chelsea were excellent today with 11,10 and indeed 9 men.

• Advertisement

I think the Torres tackle on Cleverly was awful he's Lu cky the ref booked him otherwise he may have got a 3 game ban.

Theres no way you are looking at violent conduct for that, it was reckless but his eye was on the ball and both players went in with their legs raised torres just had more momentum. Clearly accidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
    #cfc lodge complaint with PL match delegate over "inappropriate language" allegedly used by Clattenburg to two Chelsea players

#cfc lodge complaint with PL match delegate over "inappropriate language" allegedly used by Clattenburg to two Chelsea players

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Looking forward to the game on Wednesday. Hope a few squad players get a run out and trash united.
    Torres would have been rested so the match banned not too bad.
    Still confused by the ref today and linesmen.
    The good is it shows Chelsea team are playing attacking football this season against the top teams and fight back when losing.
    The bad apart from losing is it seems we have in refs eyes a diving culture even when fouled.

If that leads to an investigation then it should at least stop clangerburg from reffing any of our games for a while. Phew.

Theres no way you are looking at violent conduct for that, it was reckless but his eye was on the ball and both players went in with their legs raised torres just had more momentum. Clearly accidental.
    Very biased post IMO.

Torres was chest high and dangerous.
    Definite red card and he's very lucky

• Advertisement

By the way reckless if dangerous is still red

Very biased post IMO.

Torres was chest high and dangerous.
    Definite red card and he's very lucky

Nah, the ref got that one correct IMO, yes it was dangerous but clearly not deliberate. Never a red, not in a million years. I think you are the one being biased amiable.

MUSEIST wrote: »

Nah, the ref got that one correct IMO, yes it was dangerous but clearly not deliberate. Never a red, not in a million years. I think you are the one being biased amiable.
    Please explain how I am being biased
    Dangerous tackle like that is red.

Please explain how I am being biased

Please explain how lukker was being biased?

Please explain how lukker was being biased?
    So you can't explain how I am being biased and you resort to childish behaviour.
    Lukker is a Chelsea fan hence my reference to him being biased.
    I would have thought that was obvious.

• Advertisement

So you can't explain how am being biased and you resort to childish behaviour.
    Lukker is a Chelsea fan hence my reference to him being biased.
    I would have thought that was obvious.

so your only reason for calling him biased is because he is a chelsea fan regardless of the merit to what he was saying.

so your only reason for calling him biased is because he is a chelsea fan regardless of the merit to what he was saying.
    I gave my opinion on an open forum and I stand by it.
    You still can't address what I put to you.

I gave my opinion on an open forum and I stand by it.
    You still can't address what I put to you.

You wrote off what one fans said based on the fact that they are a chelsea fan and thus branded their views as 'biased'. I responded by writing off your comments based on the fact that you are not a chelsea fan and thus branding your views as 'biased'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Love Torres and prefer Chelsea, but the tackle should have been a red

You wrote off what one fans said based on the fact that they are a chelsea fan and thus branded their views as 'biased'. I responded by writing off your comments based on the fact that you are not a chelsea fan and thus branding your views as 'biased'.
    I'm also not a United fan so you are talking rubbish.
    I gave an opinion that Lukker is biased for valid reasons.
    Your reasons for suggesting I'm biased appear petty and childish.
    The majority of journos who said Torres deserved red are also biased so?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Love Torres and prefer Chelsea, but the tackle should have been a red
    An obvious biased view

I'm also not a United fan so you are talking rubbish.
    I gave an opinion that Lukker is biased for valid reasons.
    Your reasons for suggesting I'm biased appear petty and childish.
    The majority of journos who said Torres deserved red are also biased so?

Not being a utd fan is irrelevant. If you dismiss someones view on an incident based on who they support then why do you expect people to think you are not biased when you hold an opposite view and support a different team (regardless of whether you are in fact correct or not). You can't have it one way and expect to be treated differently. So I simply branded you biased as it is in line with the logic you used in branding someone else biased.

Not being a utd fan is irrelevant. If you dismiss someones view on an incident based on who they support then why do you expect people to think you are not biased when you hold an opposite view and support a different team. You can't have it one way and expect to be treated differently.
    Perhaps because I have no love for either team?
    Add to that I still have a soft spot for Torres.
    If Anything I have a bias for Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Perhaps because I have no love for either team?
    Add to that I still have a soft spot for Torres.
    If Anything I have a bias for Torres

Out of curiousity, what team/teams do you actually support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, what team/teams do you actually support?

Liverpool I'd I imagine, just like torres

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement