Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Put your handbags away guys, anyone heard what Clattenberg was supposed to have said?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8203692/Referee-Mark-Clattenburg-accused-as-Chelsea-make-complaint-over-language

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lads / Ladies , getting roped into a tit for tat with amiable tut tut you should know better , newbies take note .

Loves a good aul debate but you will be going round and around the roundabout with differing views !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

article-2224550-15BBD9FC000005DC-449_634x411.jpg

Steward crushed. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lads / Ladies , getting roped into a tit for tat with amiable tut tut you should know better , newbies take note .

Loves a good aul debate but you will be going round and around the roundabout with differing views !
    Tit for tat. Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

amiable wrote: »
    Tit for tat. Indeed.

No. both had eyes on the ball, in no game a red card.

Change the record son

No. both had eyes on the ball, in no game a red card.

Change the record son
    So if you are looking at the ball you can do what you want 'son'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So if you are looking at the ball you can do what you want 'son'?

If your looking at the ball it suggest your not trying to hurt the opponent. It's a contact sport so sometimes dangerous contact will occur and refs give out yellow cards for it especially when it involves a high foot. It's a run of the mill decision tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Why do people get into debate with amiable.

Just ignore him.

• Advertisement

Why do people get into debate with amiable.

Just ignore him.
    Why do people debate in an open forum designed for debate?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tit for tat. Indeed.

The is a gif going around too that makes Young looks like he is already diving before ivan touches him ,

There was no intent to do the man , simple as

djPSB wrote: »
    article-2224550-15BBD9FC000005DC-449_634x411.jpg

Steward crushed. Not good.

No he wasnt , slipped and fell over , the nearest person is about 5-6 feet away from him !

Thats coming from someone at the match, carry on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Why do people debate in an open forum designed for debate?

But its a Chelsea forum for Chelsea supporters and other fans who are interested in what Chelsea fans have to say or want some questions answered.

There's no point coming in here telling us Torres should have been sent off when first of all- He shouldn't have been. And second of all- he got a yellow for it anyway and eventually got sent off so its all very irrelevant.

We're all very unhappy right now and rightly so and I don't think we're in the mood for a debate.

We were cheated today, if you think you can debate that then please do, Id love to hear it.
    The fact is you can't possibly debate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No he wasnt , slipped and fell over , the nearest person is about 5-6 feet away from him !

Thats coming from someone at the match, carry on now

Where that picture come from, it looks dodgy.

TheStook wrote: »

But its a Chelsea forum for Chelsea supporters and other fans who are interested in what Chelsea fans have to say or want some questions answered.

There's no point coming in here telling us Torres should have been sent off when first of all- He shouldn't have been. And second of all- he got a yellow for it anyway and eventually got sent off so its all very irrelevant.

We're all very unhappy right now and rightly so and I don't think we're in the mood for a debate.

We were cheated today, if you think you can debate that then please do, Id love to hear it.
    The fact is you can't possibly debate that.
    May I suggest you read the charter as this is an open forum.
    Keep telling yourself that Torres shouldn't have Breen sent off in the first half as you may eventually start to believe it yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

May I suggest you read the charter as this is an open forum.
    Keep telling yourself that Torres shouldn't have Breen sent off in the first half as you may eventually start to believe it yourself

okay Mr. Impartiality......

now jog on good sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

1st Big test.

failed

I can't wait for the day Fergie "retires" - wink wink .... no more bullying
    of refs , officials the FA .... the FA are pussies with this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the_monkey wrote: »
    1st Big test.

failed

I can't wait for the day Fergie "retires" - wink wink .... no more bullying
    of refs , officials the FA .... the FA are pussies with this guy.

Not failed at all.
    so we were a victim of a linesman mistake - but we have got them ourselves before, say la vee!
    Only our first defeat, already won away to spuds and arsenal
    Got it back to 2-2 from 2-0 down, and did it playing our new football.
    We werent out played at all and could won the match, but indiviudal mistakes and a bad ref\linesman day cost us.
    Heads held high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Not failed at all.
    so we were a victim of a linesman mistake - but we have got them ourselves before, say la vee!
    We werent out played at all and could won the match, but indiviudal mistakes and a bad ref\linesman day cost us.
    Heads held high

This.

I wouldn't call it much of a failure. Even with a 2 man advantage United needed a dodgy goal to get over the line. Chelsea really weren't at the races for the first 25 minutes or so and were duly punished. Once they did show up, they were the better team for longer spells, even after Ivan got sent off. They showed great character to come back, and if not for a monstrous display from DeGea, some criminal officiating and dreadful luck, could have easily won the game.

In terms of unjust results against us, this is second only to the obvious one in recent memory for me.

Chelsea will play a lot worse on occasions this season and still pick up 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Now that everyone has hopefully calmed down after the game, I'd just like to say WHAT A GAME! The game had everything and honestly could have went either way. The quality on show was great and there was some great battles. I thought Mata was outstanding again, Hazard was on the periphery but once he got on the ball it was clear to see his talent, if he was more involved I thought Chelsea could have won this game. Torres was Torres again, flattered to deceive, but one great save from De Gea denied him a great header.

Chelsea's back 4 were a little dodgy, but United's movement with Young, Rooney and RVP would have caused any defence problems. David Luiz is still that bit of a liability. Cahill was solid enough.

Overall a good performance. Chelsea can feel aggrieved about the result but the performance was a positive one.

Chelsea still lead by 1 point and they will have a big say in the title race. Let the title race commence and hope for another cracking game on Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Wednesday I expect to see
    Marin, Cesar, Danny and Moses all start - probably Romeu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Not failed at all.
    Heads held high

exactly, while conceding 2 goals was annoying, once we woke up I thought we were by far the better team, particularly in midfield where we were running circles around utd for the most part, even with 10 men I thought we were favourites and with 9 they still needed an offside goal to win it. I was really happy with how we played overall, that was league winner material I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Phoenix wrote: »
    I hope we get revenge in the cup.that is all

think the atmosphere might be a bit lively !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'm with the Sergeant and Essien on this one. I was worried before this game that we'd had too easy a start to the season and we'd fold under pressure from a top team (I'm still traumatized from the Atlético Madrid game). Truth is, we were all over them at 2-2 before we started losing players. We'll get tonked a few times before the season is out - probably more so in the Champions League - but this is a quality side with some grit and plenty of potential.

In the summer, I'd still like to see a dominating presence signed for the defence (Terry/Desailly/Carvalho/etc type). Back four feels ropey to me and lacking a leader to organize the line. Falcao in the January transfer window would also be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Phoenix wrote: »
    I hope we get revenge in the cup.that is all

You're welcome to it.

growler wrote: »
    think the atmosphere might be a bit lively !

Meh. I don't think the loser will be too bothered.
    It's always good to win silver ware but if you do happen to go out this early it's not the end of the world either.

On a sidenote I've had a little bet on Juan Mata to win PFA player of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

"Revenge" in the Capital One Cup??? Yeah, I'm sure that will really sting Man United if we knock them out of one of the least coveted trophies in English football...

I'd have rathered a 1-0 squeak past United yesterday and then to get hammered on Wednesday night by 5 goals. Not vice versa. But c'est la vie.

Also: anyone else think that this Clattenburg thing could become farcial and embarrassing to the club? Particularly if Clattenburg is cleared of saying anything? I realise the man is a useless referee, but that doesn't automatically make him a racist or anything of the sort. I really hope that if the club is making this kind of an allegation that it turns out to be true; not so much for seeing Clattenburg's head on a pike, but for meaning that the club weren't just seeking revenge following his inept refereeing on Sunday.

DazMarz wrote: »
    "Revenge" in the Capital One Cup??? Yeah, I'm sure that will really sting Man United if we knock them out of one of the least coveted trophies in English football...

I'd have rathered a 1-0 squeak past United yesterday and then to get hammered on Wednesday night by 5 goals. Not vice versa. But c'est la vie.

Also: anyone else think that this Clattenburg thing could become farcial and embarrassing to the club? Particularly if Clattenburg is cleared of saying anything? I realise the man is a useless referee, but that doesn't automatically make him a racist or anything of the sort. I really hope that if the club is making this kind of an allegation that it turns out to be true; not so much for seeing Clattenburg's head on a pike, but for meaning that the club weren't just seeking revenge following his inept refereeing on Sunday.

good post.
    The Mikel one will be difficult to prove as it apparently took place in the ref's changing room, so unless there were other witness's, it will be one word against another

If only Chelsea could stay away from all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If it gets to the end of season and we have no chance of premier league, champions league or fa cup I'd gladly take the capital one cup!
    Reckon utd would have been over the moon with it last season after finishing up trophyless. A cups a cup I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

We will be world champions before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

DazMarz wrote: »

It almost certainly will be a farce, and cause trouble for the club - just look at the thread on the issue to see some bizarre reasoning (apparently Terry being captain makes Chelsea players fair game...)

But honestly, the club has a duty of care to its employees. If Mikel and Mata say Clat came out with this stuff, they have to take it seriously. To do otherwise would be absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Right, missed the game as I was going away for the weekend with the GF.

I've seen the highlights and all I can say is, its only one game lads.

We we're always going to lose at some point, now to lose in the manner we did leaves more then a bitter taste in the mouth but thats a seperate point.

1st goal, very unlucky, bad defending though leading up to it.
    2nd goal, same again, poor defending and a good finish from RVP.
    3rd goal, again poor defending and alot of luck, only a technology could have ruled out Chico's goal.

We're still top of the league and after going 2-0 down we showed good fight to get back to 2-2 and I actually thought we'd take the game then.

Branna's red was desered, although when viewed again as it did look like a coming together but I suppose it is a red when its the last man invovled.

Torres one was silly, ref's are coming down to harsh now on genuine contact, we've gone from not punishing diving to coming down very strict which is the wrong way to go IMO.

Still loads of points to play for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Geeky, i think you have a very good point. This ref is never going to be found guilty and it only hides the fact he had a nightmare of a game. We are only projecting more negative light on our club and i understand the club have to look after our players and rightly so but this is just more negativity thrown on us.

The sooner the better we bring in technology the better.
    We were terrible unlucky with deccisions again, Ivan was unlucky to see red as Luiz was also chasing down Young. Couldn really argue too much but i felt the red was harsh and ruined the game.
    As for Torres red that was an absoloute farse!! I dont know how DiMatteo didn call the rest of the squad off the pitch.

Im looking forward to our trip to old toilet now for some revenge!!!
    Forget the cup we have to play the fring players.

Overall i taugh we rallyed well together after we went down 2 goal and we had the momentum to win the game untill Clatenberg grabbed all the attention. Was a great game untill an inept ref ruined the game.

The Clattenburg thing has to be looked into, I just hope it doesn't end up distracting the team. The United game showed the shortcomings, particuarly in defence when Terry's absent. I think Torres is good for a goal every other game, but a club of the ambition of Chelsea needs a Drogba or a Falcao.

One of the wilder rumours on the interweb I read was that Pep is already on a retainer from Chelsea. Bag of bollocks of course, but whether it's true or not, the direction of the team is the same - quick, intricate passing and possession football. At the moment, the Mata-Oscar-Hazard midfield is good in bursts, but it doesn't seem to me that Chelsea are getting the amount of possession they're aiming for.

TBF, we've been the best side in the league so far this season.

We have to continue at this level and even improve slightly as we have City/Liverpool coming to the Bridge soon as well as some huge UCL games.

I've no interest in revenge in the Capital One cup, I'd rather keep that for Old Trafford later in the season.

Any chance of posting that bag of Bo**ocks Duck?? I could do witha read in work :)

I think we are certainly moving that way but DiMatteo is really making it difficult for Roman. I wonder if we ever do get Pep to work with us will we be able to retain DiMatteo as hi understudy or will he feel he has to move on. Would be bad to see DiMatteo go!!

Your right Gav, we have been the best team so far this season and we were unlucky yesterday. We we poor for the two goals we concedded in the first half but Utd got a huge slice of luck fo the Luiz OG.

With Ivan and Terry out we will see a bit more of Azpilicueta now and maybe some of Marin in the tommororow. Sturridge will also get a game as our central striker and i have huge faith in Danny leading the line.

Team for tomorrow night should be :

Turnbull
    Azp Cahill Luiz Bertrand
    Romeu
    Marin Piazon Moses
    Sturridge

Not sure who will play next to Romeu in the other anchor role, maybe Mikel, Ramires has played alot recently.

We could play Paolo F at CB and move Luiz into CM but I'm not even sure if Cahill/Luiz will play at the back either.

Send out the U21's. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd take a few things from the match the other day ...

1: What the hell was with that start? Was that Fergie owning Di Matteo tactically till Chelsea did something about it?? That was such an obvious problem the minute the teamsheets came out and I'm surprised the fullbacks were left so isolated.

2: Ivan was the real turning point. He blazed into one challenge totally out of control, it wasn't a red but it was out of control, and then afterwards he got the red. He's an awesome player but a bit of a liability at times as is Krusty, and they always have the potential to win or lose big games for you.

3: What an awesome team this Chelsea outfit is! If not for the red cards, Chelsea would have won it. Seriously good fightback and seriously talented team.

I'd take these things because they relate to the rest of the season. Nothing else from the other day matters because it won't be changed

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Any chance of posting that bag of Bo**ocks Duck?? I could do witha read in work :)

I think we are certainly moving that way but DiMatteo is really making it difficult for Roman. I wonder if we ever do get Pep to work with us will we be able to retain DiMatteo as hi understudy or will he feel he has to move on. Would be bad to see DiMatteo go!!

Your right Gav, we have been the best team so far this season and we were unlucky yesterday. We we poor for the two goals we concedded in the first half but Utd got a huge slice of luck fo the Luiz OG.

With Ivan and Terry out we will see a bit more of Azpilicueta now and maybe some of Marin in the tommororow. Sturridge will also get a game as our central striker and i have huge faith in Danny leading the line.

Can't find the Pep on a retainer story (saw it a while ago), but here's a story from May this year, claiming that Chelsea was willing to pay €325m for Messi. Dream on! :)

http://m24digital.com/en/2012/05/11/chelsea-willing-to-pay-325-million-euros-for-messi/

gosplan wrote: »
    If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd take a few things from the match the other day ...

1: What the hell was with that start? Was that Fergie owning Di Matteo tactically till Chelsea did something about it?? That was such an obvious problem the minute the teamsheets came out and I'm surprised the fullbacks were left so isolated.

2: Ivan was the real turning point. He blazed into one challenge totally out of control, it wasn't a red but it was out of control, and then afterwards he got the red. He's an awesome player but a bit of a liability at times as is Krusty, and they always have the potential to win or lose big games for you.

3: What an awesome team this Chelsea outfit is! If not for the red cards, Chelsea would have won it. Seriously good fightback and seriously talented team.

I'd take these things because they relate to the rest of the season. Nothing else from the other day matters because it won't be changed

I like Ivan, but as a FB, hes a liability, the sooner Azp gets up to speed the better. Ivan as you pointed out can be very reckless, now the red yesterday was clumsy but it was a red.

RDM is setting the team out to attack attack attack, it leaves us exposed at the back and I said it here that a better team the Spurs and Arsenal, which Utd are, will punish us, and they did.

Should be an interesting rest of the season campaign, unless the team completely collapses, RDM should use the match as a rallying point and fire the ladsup for the rest of the season.

I agree with your team for tommorow Gav. Id love to see Oriol start and Bertrand at LB and also Marin at LM.

Id go with

Turnbull

Ceasar
    Cahilll
    Luiz
    Bertrand

Mikel
    Oriol

----Moses
    Oscar
    Marin----

Sturridge

Bring on Piazon for the second half.
    Is Conor Clifford still with our reserves or is he gone back on loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Chelsea were terrible in the first half brilliant in the second half until the sendings off. I dont believe that the team needs to panic just yet . We still have the talent to win the league. We definitely need a striker as i think Torres is not ever going to do it for us if we dont buy one in jan we can kiss goodbye to winning anything.

The whole issue regarding the ref is a joke i cant believe the any player will complain about the ref not saying nice things to them when most of the time its the refs who get abused its stupid that the club are getting involved in something like this. Unless clattenburg is proven to have said something really rascist i think this is a very petty attempt by Chelsea to get at the ref. The whole race issue in general is a joke and its getting ridiculous how its becoming the main talking point in the season its taking the good away from watching the game.

I think the club is taking this seriously as there is somethig for Clattenberg to answer for, I'm talking about the supposed racial comment.

I wouldnt care about foul language as the ref's put up with it btu if there is anyhting racial said then its adifferent matter.

Agree with ya what a day, team looks sound, I think clifford is still with us, throw him on to sure, its only the Capital 1 cup sure. ;)

I agree Gav, i think there must be some thing in this with the Ref because i dont think we would be silly enough to willy nilly accuse a ref of racist remarks when we are covered in controversy over the same issue and the fact that the club left it so late t study the facts and take into account what happened.

However having said that i dont think a ref will be found guilty TBH and i fully support the clubs backing of their players but i do fear we are going to come out the worst of this sh1t storm!!

Technolgy has to be brought in to police the game IMO.

• Advertisement

TBF we're probably one of the most hated clubs in England anwyay so this is going to just follow the same line.

Mata & Mikel dont strike me as players that would say something unless there was a case for it, it could be sour grapes but making up stories like that would be totally stupid.

I expect nothing to happen about this other then us not getting Clattenberg for a few months.

what a day wrote: »
    I agree Gav, i think there must be some thing in this with the Ref because i dont think we would be silly enough to willy nilly accuse a ref of racist remarks when we are covered in controversy over the same issue and the fact that the club left it so late t study the facts and take into account what happened.

However having said that i dont think a ref will be found guilty TBH and i fully support the clubs backing of their players but i do fear we are going to come out the worst of this sh1t storm!!

Technolgy has to be brought in to police the game IMO.

Chelsea have accused a ref of stuff in the past and retracted the accusations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

gosplan wrote: »

It might not be popular to say this but I primarily blame Cole for the two early goals. He clearly doesn't trust Luiz in the same way as he does Terry, tries to do his job, and gets beaten because of it. They murdered us down that flank because Cole was never in position - he was always tucked in and gave them free reign.

Re the Second, Cahill was guilty of not tracking Van Persie properly. If he had followed the actual run, Van Persie wouldn't have had the space he did to shoot. But if Cole just did his job rather than trying to do everyone else's, that cross wouldn't have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8210497/Chelsea-s-Juan-Mata-didn-t-hear-Mark-Clattenburg-s-alleged-comment
    Oriol Romeu says Chelsea team-mate Juan Mata did not hear referee Mark Clattenburg's alleged racist comment during Sunday's defeat by Manchester United.

Chelsea have made a formal complaint after accusing Clattenburg of using 'inappropriate language' during the match at Stamford Bridge which saw the Blues have two men sent off.

Mata and John Obi Mikel are reported to have been the subjects of Clattenburg's alleged comments, and Romeu was told of the allegations by his team-mates.

"Neither Juan nor Fernando [Torres] told me they heard it because from what I have understood they didn't hear anything," Romeu, who was an unused substitute, told Spanish radio station Cope.

"I only know Chelsea made a complaint and I think there could really be a problem if what Chelsea players say happened really happened."

"It was someone else who heard it, but not directly at them. It was another player who heard it and that is what they told me.

"I didn't hear anything as I left quickly to go home but after talking to Juan he told me there was some problem and he had to stay.

"I only know Chelsea made a complaint and I think there could really be a problem if what Chelsea players say happened really happened.

"If there was really a racist comment or something said against a Spanish player this will be serious.

"We know in this country people are very vigilant about these issues."

Cole was at fault for the first goal alright and Cahill should have done better for the second. Hugh slice of luck with the first goal and TBF Utds second goal was a good goal, you cant give RVP that much room in the area.

Iv said it before and il say it again, our down fall is we give some teams too much respect and dont go for the jugular from the start.
    I dont mean to undermine quality teams like Utd Shaktar and Atletico but these are teams we should be better than. We all saw what we could do to Utd once we were out of the game at 2-0 and we had to go for broke.

Id rather us attack from the start, all guns blazing and if we get caught on the counter fair enough we can learn from it and continue to attack.
    We need to be intimidating our oponants so we can force them to play us on the counter and predict what way they will play.

Like Barca most teams they play will defend and give the initiative to Barca to retain possession and play the ball with their fluid pass and movement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement