Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

what a day wrote: »
    I agree with your team for tommorow Gav. Id love to see Oriol start and Bertrand at LB and also Marin at LM.

Id go with

Turnbull

Ceasar
    Cahilll
    Luiz
    Bertrand

Mikel
    Oriol

----Moses
    Oscar
    Marin----

Sturridge

Bring on Piazon for the second half.
    Is Conor Clifford still with our reserves or is he gone back on loan?

He's with reserves think he played for Portsmouth in earlier round so is cup tied not 100% though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Ashley Cole ruled out of tomorrows game due to injury, didn't expect him to feature anyway, George Saville & Nathan Ake have both been training with the squad today and are expected to be in the squad. Would love to see Ake make an appearance although I think it will be unlikely, definitely one for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

All looks well so far.. next few games are really difficult though.

Spurs (A) L
    Shakhtar (A) UCL
    Man Utd (H) L
    Man Utd (H) LC
    Swansea (A) L
    Shakhtar (H) UCL
    Liverpool (H) L
    WBA (A) L
    Juventus (A) UCL
    Man City (H) L

All from 20th October to 25th November.

What a crucial month.

After this, we will know what our side are really like and how good we really are..

My post from 24 days ago!

Not had the best start to this run of fixtures.. yes, we beat Spurs (a game where a point would have been ok) but lost to Shakhtar and United!

The League Cup game now takes more importance, and the Swansea game, fail to win both of those and the rest of this period looks formidable and daunting.

I would also say that the most important games for us now in this period are Swansea, Liverpool and WBA, these are the most winnable games and we cant afford to slip up in these, a point would be acceptable with City.

My post from 24 days ago!

Not had the best start to this run of fixtures.. yes, we beat Spurs (a game where a point would have been ok) but lost to Shakhtar and United!

The League Cup game now takes more importance, and the Swansea game, fail to win both of those and the rest of this period looks formidable and daunting.

I would also say that the most important games for us now in this period are Swansea, Liverpool and WBA, these are the most winnable games and we cant afford to slip up in these, a point would be acceptable with City.

We definitely have a tough run of games coming up which we will undoubtably drop a couple of points, but up to this point I dont think we can fault the team on any performance bar the Shakhtar game.

We should of had 2 penos against QPR and that ended 0-0, against United last week...well I shall say no more :mad:

We seem to be starting slow in games but this is the best football ive ever seen Chelsea play, our games are actually enjoyable to watch now & we're still winning most of them.

More of the same I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont care if we lose 4-0 tonight. Wont matter a f**k really, it will be a competition for the younger/fringe players but nothing more.

If we were guarnteed a win away to Swansea I'd gladly lose this game right now.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont care if we lose 4-0 tonight. Wont matter a f**k really, it will be a competition for the younger/fringe players but nothing more.

If we were guarnteed a win away to Swansea I'd gladly lose this game right now.

A bit off topic here Gav, but I don't suppose you could tell me whats the best way about getting a ticket for a Chelsea away game ? going to be in Liverpool when we play Everton so I'm hoping to get a ticket for the game. I asked in the Everton thread also.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    A bit off topic here Gav, but I don't suppose you could tell me whats the best way about getting a ticket for a Chelsea away game ? going to be in Liverpool when we play Everton so I'm hoping to get a ticket for the game. I asked in the Everton thread also.

If ya have a membership that would be your best bet, you could get a ticket through the club, an official one or try Viagogo, its only £25 for a membership.

Or......

You could always ask one of the lads here if they would sort ya out and let ya book through their membership and you could sort them out with the price of ticket & booking fee.

Anyone willing & able to help Caveman, drop him a PM.

If ya have a membership that would be your best bet, you could get a ticket through the club, an official one or try Viagogo, its only £25 for a membership.

Or......

You could always ask one of the lads here if they would sort ya out and let ya book through their membership and you could sort them out with the price of ticket & booking fee.

Anyone willing & able to help Caveman, drop him a PM.

Cheers Gav, I dont have a membership, I'm considering getting one, would I have to but the gf a membership too or can you order more than 1 ticket on a single membership?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Cheers Gav, I dont have a membership, I'm considering getting one, would I have to but the gf a membership too or can you order more than 1 ticket on a single membership?

Yes you would have to get herself another membership. :(

If it was a home game and it was against a team like Reading, Norwich etc etc then you might pick up a second ticket with your membership once they go on general sale.

For away games they dont go on general sale as far as I know.

So its £50 for 2 memberships. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Phoenix wrote: »
    What a load of bull**** this new saga is

Was away on hols, saw the Spurs match (really enjoyable and a great game), didn't see the Shaktar game (thankfuly) and was just back in time to see the Utd game which again was a great game though obviously tainted with some dodgy decisions. Saw RDM's post match interview and thought very classy and accurate, showing the club in a good light and hopefully we would move on. Then bang, all this blows up, more controversy, and IMO can't see any positives coming out of this for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I Agree Phoenix!

Fair enough if the club think there was racist remarks made these have to be investigated. But because it supposidly took place in a match we lost due to poor refereeing we are making it up and its all because we lost the game.

CFC are totally correct in backing up their players 100% but i think this could and should have been handled better.

I dont mean to sound like an old fart but our players should be band from discussing club issues with the public. i.e Oriel talking to spanish radio regarding this current racial affair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Probably only fair United win something this season after winning diddly squat last season, Capital One Cup would be a fitting trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Probably only fair United win something this season after winning diddly squat last season, Capital One Cup would be a fitting trophy.

lol poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

lol poor

I know, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jesus lads but Hazard is some player and can only improve. That's 2 stunning passes (the one against spurs & tonight) to play in a player who scored that were nothing sort of world class.

I am glad we won tonight too but wouldn't have been bothered to go out either, a good cup run can do the world of good all the same no matter what cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Leeds away in the next round, I'll take it, won't be a walkover though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I love the way Oscar plays. Looks like a fárt would blow him over, but he's near impossible to get the ball off. Also has a killer shot.

Mata and Hazard have an incredible understanding, but sometimes it feels like some of the other players get as bamboozled as the opposition. Still not sold on Sturridge. Supersub material.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

it's on

G.K. wrote: »
    it's on

Do we still get to sing "Two one, two one"? :)

cup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I for one would have been gutted if they had beat us again as I've said a cup is a cup in my book and after watching tonights and last nights footy it's clear that the teams are beginning to show it more respect too. I think we sorely need a clinical striker but I really can't understand how anyone thinks sturridge is a better option than Torres, if Hernandez and co had been getting the same kind of service especially from Moses they would have seriously punished us!
    But just loved watching little Oscar making sh1t of Nany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I for one would have been gutted if they had beat us again as I've said a cup is a cup in my book and after watching tonights and last nights footy it's clear that the teams are beginning to show it more respect too. I think we sorely need a clinical striker but I really can't understand how anyone thinks sturridge is a better option than Torres, if Hernandez and co had been getting the same kind of service especially from Moses they would have seriously punished us!
    But just loved watching little Oscar making sh1t of Nany.

Danny is no better than backup and we need another 2 strikers and a defender
    Torres - goodbye and if someone like Barca offer us 30 million for Luiz, I'd take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Sturridge, my God. Can't stand his rubbish. I'd certainly perfer Torres but I'd perfer someone better moreso. Mikel is poor too. Luiz needs the chop also.

Torres has done alright this season, cant complain with his ratio of goals to games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

solarith wrote: »
    Sturridge, my God. Can't stand his rubbish. I'd certainly perfer Torres but I'd perfer someone better moreso. Mikel is poor too. Luiz needs the chop also.

Sturridge: young striker, needs work. Could be a superstar given some time. Yes, he's too selfish and needs to look up for the better option, but that will all come with time. Don't write him off yet.

Torres: proven, world-class striker who is slowly returning to form following a torrid time in his last days in Liverpool. Plus, his play is excellent. He may not be banging the goals in for fun anymore, but he is involved in building play, he terrifies defenders and he could be a match-winner. If we were to try and bring in another striker too soon, we'd get our trousers pulled down on the price and plus Torres would lose confidence.

Mikel: some of his passes are incredible. He's also pretty young and can do his job. He can have off-days (who doesn't) but I think calling him poor is incorrect.

Luiz: A real hot/cold player, I'll admit. There are times when he can be imperious and can be brilliant. Then there are times when he could potentially cost you a game. But I wouldn't write him off either. Young enough to learn. Cracking in the air, brilliant in building play and attack. Needs to tighten up defensively. He's stopped with the mad lunges, more or less, but now just needs to keep a cooler head in possession and concentrate on defensive positioning.

We have a solid squad, one that is in transition. And there is no need to panic and I also feel that some players in the squad are getting a negative rap for a few bad performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

solarith wrote: »
    Studge is class. Doesnt get games.

Mikel is class, DM only learn their trade by 29 or so. The lad is going to be a monster til 35 if given the chance.

Luiz is cat at times, has potential to be the best footballing CB in Europe, needs to get it right by the end of this season though. No way he should be up for the chop. He is on the fine line of bad or class, I think he will make it.

Torres is class. Is doing a great job in a system that nobody understands.

Anyone who mouths about Torres this year does not understand Chelsea.

Things I took from last night :

We need a bigger squad, we were missing 3 from suspension and 1 through injury and we were forced to play a few players that played only Sunday against Utd.

Ramires is turning into an excellent box to box CM. His drive and energy matches anything Essien had in his locker but his technical ability and running withthe ball is superior to Essien.

Moses played well, should have scored at least one, offered good cover to Azpilicueta, who played ok.

Sturridge did ok, took his goal really well and didnt stop.

Mata/Hazard/Oscar, dont need to say much about these lads that hasnt been said, Mata if he continues his form will be player of the year, Hazard scores a cool penalty and set up Ramires with a good run and hit the post, Oscar has adapted really well to the English game.

We're far from the finished article at this stage but thats a good thing, we can improve much more and that cant be good for the rest of the league.

Swansea got a good win away to Liverpool last night so going away to them this weekend could be tricky, we've to start really well and put the game to them and we should win.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    it's on

This game is going to be a great game I reckon.

Leeds will be bulling to get to the Semi's, the game will come right in the middle of one of our busiest times as we'll be just back from the Club World Cup so its hard to tell who we'll play then.

Be some goame for atmosphere at Elland Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hmmm - he doesnt have that amazing power and strength Essien used in his prime to boss games.
    Great player though.

Ramires is turning into an excellent box to box CM. His drive and energy matches anything Essien had in his locker but his technical ability and running withthe ball is superior to Essien.

bullpost wrote: »
    Hmmm - he doesnt have that amazing power and strength Essien used in his prime to boss games.
    Great player though.

I agree, he cant do things Essien could do and vice versa, but Ramires has all the ability to be a better player then Essien was and he looks less prone to injuries which will help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Must comment on Hazard man love. Thought he was brilliant when he came on last night. He will create some goals over the season. The weight on every pass is perfect, and the vision to see it is even more impressive. Well worth every cent

Must comment on Hazard man love. Thought he was brilliant when he came on last night. He will create some goals over the season. The weight on every pass is perfect, and the vision to see it is even more impressive. Well worth every cent

Hes got a good few assists so far this season.

5 in the league, 2 goals.
    1 in the UCl.
    1 in the C1 , 1 goal.

Mata is right in the middle of a purple patch and its even over shadowing Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep - these are nice problems to mull over , rather than all that other stuff going on with the club at the moment :)
    I agree, he cant do things Essien could do and vice versa, but Ramires has all the ability to be a better player then Essien was and he looks less prone to injuries which will help a lot.

bullpost wrote: »
    Yep - these are nice problems to mull over , rather than all that other stuff going on with the club at the moment :)

As long as the club is performing on the pitch and getting results then thats all I really care about.

Ethics mean nothing at the cost of winning. :p :pac:

A win at the weekend against Swansea and next week against Shakhtar and then all is well again for the Blues :)

Although to be fair, Shakhtar away was our only really poor game this season. (Not counting Athletico in the Super Cup)

We could be 2nd by the time we K/O if Utd can beat Arsenal in the early K/O.

Hope for a good injury free in against Swansea and then look forward to a must win game against Shakhtar at the Bridge.

When does JT's ban finish?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Missed the game last night,did Marin make an appearance?

Phoenix wrote: »
    Against Swansea is the last day so he will be able to play against Liverpool wont he?

Should be so!

Itl be harsh enough on Cahill for him to be taken out again, hes been doing fine this season! Scoring goals too!

Think JT's ban is up after the Swansea game.

Missed the Spurs, Utd x 2 games.

Torres is back for Swansea ya, 2 yellows(red card) is 1 game ban, and Ivanovic will miss Swansea and Liverpool.

Should be so!

Itl be harsh enough on Cahill for him to be taken out again, hes been doing fine this season! Scoring goals too!

For Swansea I'd go with :

Azp Luiz Cahill Cole

For Liverpool I'd go with :

Luiz Cahill JT Cole

For Swansea I'd go with :

Azp Luiz Cahill Cole

For Liverpool I'd go with :

Luiz Cahill JT Cole

No way I can see Luiz being played right back, although he would probably be good out there!

Why wouldnt you play Cesar against Liverpool? It would be Raheem Sterling on the left wing for Liverpool too.

No way I can see Luiz being played right back, although he would probably be good out there!

Why wouldnt you play Cesar against Liverpool? It would be Raheem Sterling on the left wing for Liverpool too.

Raheem Sterling has been one of Liverpools best players this season and has put in some good performances against FB's this season.

Reason I'd play Luiz is it gives us a player thats playing regaurly and well up to speed and used to this level now and it still allows Cahill and JT to play CB, I thought Azp played ok last night, nothing great nothing to poorly, except from the penalty in the last few seconds.

At the moment hes not really up to speed for such a game IMO.

Although that been said, for the Liverpool game I'd be either going with the back 4 I suggested or drop JT all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Ivanovic will miss Swansea and Liverpool.

Ivanovic will only miss Swansea as he has only a one match ban.

RichT wrote: »
    Ivanovic will only miss Swansea as he has only a one match ban.

Straight Red = 3 games isnt it?

1) Man Utd (Capital 1 Cup)
    2) Swansea
    3) Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Straight Red = 3 games isnt it?

Only if its violent conduct .......I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement