Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

"He comes from Stamford Bridge, he's bigger than a fridge - Oh Lukaku", via @larssivertsen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Interesting debate about Guardiola.. Personally, I dont want him, give RDM this season and next season too at least.. he won the European Cup with us and is a club man too..

Guardiola is untested outside of Barcelona, where he spent nearly all his career.. So I think that'd be a risk taking him on..

Also, the talk about Lukaku is crazy!! Torres is in better form and has scored more goals.. If we brought back Lukaku and gave him games we would only be complaining about him too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Interesting debate about Guardiola.. Personally, I dont want him, give RDM this season and next season too at least.. he won the European Cup with us and is a club man too..

Guardiola is untested outside of Barcelona, where he spent nearly all his career.. So I think that'd be a risk taking him on..

Also, the talk about Lukaku is crazy!! Torres is in better form and has scored more goals.. If we brought back Lukaku and gave him games we would only be complaining about him too!

Surely the suggestion for Remy is worse, he has yet to score this season in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Remy would have been a panic buy, the guy isnt at the level we need or want and would be just a squad filler IMO.

Very tough games coming up.

We must beat Shakhtar tomorrow night at all costs if we want to go through and we need to beat Liverpool at the Bridge Sunday.

Last time we beat them in '09 this was our starting team :

Hilario
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry Cole
    Ballack Essien Lampard
    Anelka Drogba Deco

As you can see, alot has changed since then for us and only Cole, barring an injury is certain to start for us.

Liverpool's team on the day was :

Reina
    Johnson Carragher Skrtel Insua
    Kuyt Mascherano Lucas Riera
    Gerrard
    Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yeah we have to go all guns blazing tommorow night right from the kick off.
    Hopefully we will have Mata back, the guy is an amazing player!

We have to win and get some thing from Juve too. I think we should beat Liverpool especially with the form they have been in under Rodgers so far.

Remi is not up to our standard, we should be looking for the best players in world football and the future best players in world football. i.e Neymar, Falcao, Shurrle etc

I'd say Falcao is smack bang in the middle of his prime, I cant see him getting much better, although he said himself he wants to start scoring more free kicks.

Stamford Bridge is hosting the UEFA Champions League Final.........for women. :pac:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2971518/title/stamford-bridge-awarded-women's-champions-league-showpiece

The final is on a few days before the Men's Final in Wembley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

what a day wrote: »
    Hopefully we will have Mata back, the guy is an amazing player!

I see he got player pf the month there, fully deserved too!

69735_10151239518362259_1178072394_n.jpg

As Gav says crucial period of games this, I'd go as far as saying season defining. I really hope the team can pull themselves out of it I think the defeat at the hands of united is still playing on their minds and the whole clattenberg thing will rumble on. I hope the lads have the sense to forget about it all and move on to bigger and better things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Delighted about Mata as it bodes well for my bet on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

amiable wrote: »

What's the story with his fitness? Is he carrying a bit of an injury since the Capital Cup game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

That was for PFA player of the year wasnt it?

What odds ya get again?

Phoenix wrote: »
    I hope hes back in the side ricky tick,we seem to really miss him!
    Anyone think Romeu will be out the door come the end of the season?

I think Romeu will struggle, with Josh McEchran getting a decent run of games at Middlesborough and with them playing very well I reckon he'll be in with a shot to play in CM next year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone showing the Shakhtar game tomorrow night lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

thebison wrote: »
    Anyone showing the Shakhtar game tomorrow night lads?

SSP3 and Setanta 1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That was for PFA player of the year wasnt it?

What odds ya get again?

Yes for PFA player of the year at 12/1.

Apart from his talent I think he's a very likeable person too so I think he has a good shot at it if he stays mostly injury free.

• Advertisement

Yes for PFA player of the year at 12/1.

Apart from his talent I think he's a very likeable person too so I think he has a good shot at it if he stays mostly injury free.

Voting is done early for the award too so if he continues his good form you could be onto a winner.

Tidy profit at the price too I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Voting is done early for the award too so if he continues his good form you could be onto a winner.

Tidy profit at the price too I imagine.

what are the odds on JT? :D

what are the odds on JT? :D

1,000,000/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I'd say Falcao is smack bang in the middle of his prime, I cant see him getting much better, although he said himself he wants to start scoring more free kicks.

Rumours that we may be getting a Falcao shaped christmas present have resurfaced today , now that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

growler wrote: »
    Rumours that we may be getting a Falcao shaped christmas present have resurfaced today , now that would be nice.

As much as I would love to see Falcao come in, I can't really see it happening, hopefully I'm wrong.

Anyway onto tonights game, its gonna be a tough match, its definitely a must win game, hopefully we get a result.

Is there a match thread?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    As much as I would love to see Falcao come in, I can't really see it happening, hopefully I'm wrong.

Anyway onto tonights game, its gonna be a tough match, its definitely a must win game, hopefully we get a result.

Is there a match thread?

No match thread yet.......hint hint nudge nudge. :cool:

• Advertisement

No match thread yet.......hint hint nudge nudge. :cool:

No hope from me, I'm not creative enough, if only there was a Mod around who might be able to do it??:pac:

No hope from me, I'm not creative enough, if only there was a Mod around who might be able to do it??:pac:

If only a mod could threaten a user into doing it. :p

If I've time in a minute I'll throw one up, if not, I'm sure Phoenix will do it. :pac:

I read some were this morning we finally signed Wallace the Brazilian RWB. 8m in total seems a lot for a 19 year old. Have not seen him play but im sure he will be the next Dani Alves : - )

what a day wrote: »
    I read some were this morning we finally signed Wallace the Brazilian RWB. 8m in total seems a lot for a 19 year old. Have not seen him play but im sure he will be the next Dani Alves : - )

Hope thats tongue in cheek. :p

• Advertisement

Have feck all access to most sites here in work but this one is from the times of India

LONDON: Chelsea have completed the signing of teenage Brazilian right-back Wallace from Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense.

The Premier League outfit already held a 40 percent stake in the 18-year-old's economic rights as part of the deal that led to former Portugal midfielder Deco's move from Stamford Bridge to Fluminense in 2010, reports Xinhua.

The remaining 60 percent of Wallace's economic rights were secured by Chelsea during a meeting Tuesday for eight million euros.

Fluminense officials and the player' s agent, Fred Moraes, declined to comment on the deal. Wallace will join compatriots Oscar, David Luiz, Ramires and Lucas Piazon at the London club.

Daily Fail have also picked up on the story

Chelsea set to beat City and Juve to £5m deal for Brazilian teenager Wallace

Chelsea are close to finalising a £5million deal for long-term target Wallace from Brazilian side Fluminense.
    The European champions have held 40 per cent of the young right-back's economic rights since 2010 following their free transfer of Deco to the Brazilian club.

They have been prompted to tie up a deal now following increased interest from Juventus and Napoli who offered £4.5m for the 18-year-old while Manchester City had also monitored the player.

Bound for the Bridge: Fluminense full-back Wallace (right) is heading to Chelsea
    Club representatives held further talks in Rio on Tuesday and a deal is expected to be confirmed on Monday after Fluminense hope to have won the Brasileirao Championship.

The Under 20 international, full name Wallace Oliveira Santos, was part of the same Brazil Under 17 side as Chelsea midfielder Lucas Piazon at the 2011 World Cup in Mexico. He could join Piazon at Stamford Bridge in January but a loan back to Fluminense has also been discussed.
    Wallace’s agent Frederico Morais said: ‘Wallace and I have talked about Europe, but agreed that he will be best served by staying in Brazil. He now needs to develop more.

‘He actually already has a lot of experience for a player of only 18 years of age.’ Fluminense coach Abel Braga rates Wallace highly.

He said: ‘This kid has an extraordinary future ahead of him. In the attacking third of the field, his level of crossing is superior.’

Doesnt really make good reading for Ivan does it?

I presume Azp was brought in for the long term and so will this guy.

Ivan to CB?

More good news from the Daily Fail

Florent Malouda is stepping up his bid land a 'beautiful' move away from Chelsea in January after seeing his Blues career end in humiliating fashion.

The Frenchman has spent the season training with the academy and Under 21 sides after failing to secure a summer move away from Stamford Bridge.

Teams in Brazil, as well as his former club Lyon all showed an interest while the window was open, but Malouda refused to take a significant wage drop from his £80,000 a week.

Feeling Blue: Florent Malouda is desperate to quit Chelsea in January

And with Chelsea actively seeking to move him on without much help from his advisors, Malouda was ostricised from the first team squad.

But with January fast approaching, the 32-year-old is thinking positive.

In the Daily Mirror, Malouda's personal physio Stephane Renaud said: 'He is training with Chelsea's juniors, but his attitude is good and he's prepared for one last beautiful challenge.'

The forward last appeared for Roberto di Matteo's side in May's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, when he was introduced with his side still trailing in the second half.

However, after appearing in three of France's Euro 2012 matches, Malouda returned to London to find himself surpluss to requirements.

Throughout the summer his most likely destination appeared Brazil, and more specifically Santos, but in October the club dismissed speculation they would make a fresh bid.

Last month, vice president Odilio Rodrigues said: 'There is no interest for Malouda, he is not in our plans and if the English press is giving details about it, it must be because some agent is telling that to them to increase his value.

'But there is nothing from Santos.'
    Malouda has won the Champions League, the Premier League title and three FA Cups since joining Chelsea in 2007, and was the club’s players’ player of the year in 2010

Doesnt really make good reading for Ivan does it?

I presume Azp was brought in for the long term and so will this guy.

Ivan to CB?

From the sounds of it Wallace will stay in Brazill for the rest of the season and maybe even next season. With Terry getting older we will have Luiz Ivan Cahill and JT to rotate. Still loads of games for Ivan even if both Ceasar and Wallace become better RBs.

I think we need a really good RB TBH, Ivan can play as CB as he is very quick for his size and strenght so he would be better suited to our new attacking high line style of play.
    JT will eventually fazed out and Kalas or Chalobha will replace him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

2 - 0 Chelsea tonight :)

JT at it again

JT at it again

Into the Humour Thread I reckon. :D

Also Malouda going................

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTACw2KVUXizqBxTb15a_kuuRtaTj1G-xE_WpAWe1FkSQ3y9NSeQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Think 2-1 or 3-1 tonight. Mata says he's confident they'll win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

And on three exhale!!
    Got away with on there tonight were asked more than one question by a very good shactor team. Referee was excellent aside from that penalty call but if we had not won I might not have been so forgiving, however onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Luiz was shocking tonight, I lost count the amount of mistakes he made, Bertrand didn't have a great game either, Torres started well but then went into hiding and when put through his lack of pace was evident.
    Hazard and Oscar outstanding, thank fark for Moses:D

Absolutely brilliant result, that result is going to do the teams confidence the world of good going into Sundays game after the bit of a dull patch we've been going through.

A lot of people aren't happy with the Chelsea performance tonight, I think they're seriously under-estimating Shakhtar they are a seriously talented team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We are dodgy at the back and it's been costing us.

I'd love to see Cahill and Terry partnership think it has potential to be a lot more steady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great result although a draw probably would have been fair. Shakhtar are a really impressive side. Liked the look of Willian and Fernandinho again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

MASSIVE WIN :)

Beat Liverpool Sunday now and I'll be very happy.

Beat Liverpool Sunday now and I'll be very happy.

Be interesting to see what sort of team Liverpool put out tonight against Anzhi, I cant imagine many 1st team players will get a run out, although it would be good for us if the likes of Gerrard & Suarez were to play.

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see what sort of team Liverpool put out tonight against Anzhi, I cant imagine many 1st team players will get a run out, although it would be good for us if the likes of Gerrard & Suarez were to play.

Liverpool will rest some players I imagine, beating Anzhi at anfield afforded them so breathing space.

RDM has a real head scratcher for the weekend, he could play JT/Luiz, JT/Cahill or stick with Luiz/Cahill, personally I can see him playing JT, although that will leave Suarez free to dance around him whenever he gets the ball unless Cahill/Luiz pick him up which is easier said then done.

Think its about time Torres scores against Liverpool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement