Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I know this wont be a popular choice but I think the CB pairing of Cahill/Luiz should be left in place. Luiz is the better defender but he's just prone to too many crazy decisions. Considering that in the long term these will be our CB's I think they should be given as much playing time together as possible.

We should use JT every now and again when we're resting players etc. If he starts against Liverpool I have a feeling Suarez will run rings around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I agree with ya, I'd feel safer with Luiz/Cahill especially against someone like Suarez who will turn and beat most CB's anyway it just helps if both CB's are fairly quick, which both Luiz/Cahill are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Agree with previous posters re Luiz.

Commentators and pundits love to slag him off - because he stands out and makes some strange decisions, you can always put a highlight reel together where he looks like a lunatic - but he's the most athletic and skillful defender we have. If Cahill can keep his concentration, and we get Cole doing his job rather than everyone else's, I'd be optimistic about a result.

Liverpool have a way of getting up for games and putting in big performances when they need it so I'd expect somethign similar on Sunday.

RDM should drill it into the players heads we're the better team and that they should not fear Liverpool and go out to attack from the get go.

I've no doubt we'll give up chances to Liverpool but I just hope we're clinical when it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool team tonight is likely to be Jones Downing Coates Wisdom Carragher Flanagan Shelvey Henderson Coady Cole Morgan so practically.a reserve team.

I can't wait for Sunday. I'll be there

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool team tonight is likely to be Jones Downing Coates Wisdom Carragher Flanagan Shelvey Henderson Coady Cole Morgan so practically.a reserve team.

I can't wait for Sunday. I'll be there

So is Reina going start on sunday dya reckon or just keep playing Jones? Maybe Doni to start Sunday?

You're going over? I am in no way shape or form jealous of ya.

B@stard

:pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »

So is Reina going start on sunday dya reckon or just keep playing Jones? Maybe Doni to start Sunday?

You're going over? I am in no way shape or form jealous of ya.

B@stard

:pac:
    Depends on the performance of Jones tonight.
    Personally I'd play Reina.

Yep I'm heading to the game at the Bridge.
    Buzzing at the thought of it.

I think RDM needs to avoid telling the Chelsea team and they are better and tell them to play to their capabilities. If they do Chelsea will win

I think RDM needs to avoid telling the Chelsea team and they are better and tell them to play to their capabilities. If they do Chelsea will win

AS I said a few pages back, we havent beaten Liverpool at the Bridge in about 3 years so I'm hoping we can pull out a performance.

I've a match early sunday so looking forward to getting that out of the way.

Dya know what Liverpools allocation is for Sunday?

Going on form this season you would say this should be a Chelsea win, but Liverpool always seem to raise their game against the bigger teams. I think this has the makings of a great game with the style of football both teams are playing.

I think Chelsea will win but I wouldn't be willing to put money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

A lot of people on Luiz back but if you look at the goals we conceded it was down to Bertrand Mikel and Ramires for not marking up. We were shocking in defence, time and time again we left some Shaktar players unmarked. I think Bertrand had a poor game but was decent going forward, he has to learn when to make his runs forward and remember his main duty is to defend.

Hazard was awsome as was Oscar and Mata. Ramires made some great runs and Ivan played very well with his defending and attacking runs. I think we have to work on our passing and movement so we can keep the ball for longer than 5 passes.

A lot of work to do with this new team but we are doing well so far

• Advertisement

Chelsea are currently 2-0 up against FC Molde in the NextGen Series, Islam Feruz scored both goals, thats 6 in his lat 5 games plus he also got a hat trick for Scotland U19, He has only recently turned 17 and has been called into the Scotland U21 squad. Ive watched him play a few times and by the looks of it we have a serious talent on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think your right Caveman, i think he looks the most promising young striker we have. Although he is small i think he looks like he will make it big time........ reminds me of Eto

Is that the guy that Celtic " gave " us not so long ago?

Is that the guy that Celtic " gave " us not so long ago?

Yes Chelsea got him as a gift from Celtic ;)

Yes Chelsea got him as a gift from Celtic ;)

Not a bad gift and all we had to do is give them £300K compo?

Some agents are really bad for young players when all they see is the ££££ sign.

Not a bad gift and all we had to do is give them £300K compo?

Some agents are really bad for young players when all they see is the ££££ sign.
    300k is a night out for Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

A quiet night in more like

I'm sure he wont miss while hes moored up in the Med in his HUGE yacht. :P

Feruz is definitely one for the future, even though he's only small he's well built. There has been a lot of controversy over Chelsea signing him, we done something similar with Sturridge iirc.

The only thing I'd worry about is that Feruz has got a lot of bad press so far for such a young player, There was rumours that when he was with Celtic he was also going off playing sunday league football, drinking and in with a bad crowd, now I know these are only all rumours but I'm sure they didnt come from nowhere, hopefully not another Ravel Morrison.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Feruz is definitely one for the future, even though he's only small he's well built. There has been a lot of controversy over Chelsea signing him, we done something similar with Sturridge iirc.

The only thing I'd worry about is that Feruz has got a lot of bad press so far for such a young player, There was rumours that when he was with Celtic he was also going off playing sunday league football, drinking and in with a bad crowd, now I know these are only all rumours but I'm sure they didnt come from nowhere, hopefully not another Ravel Morrison.

I'd more compare his transfer with Kakuta then Sturridge IMO.

If the press was Scottish you could see some bias when a young Scottish player ups sticks and decides to take the moeny been offered in London.

Although I think I read somehwere that Lennon came out and wasnt happy with him leaving as a few years ago Celtic helped his family stay in the country.

• Advertisement

I'd more compare his transfer with Kakuta then Sturridge IMO.

If the press was Scottish you could see some bias when a young Scottish player ups sticks and decides to take the moeny been offered in London.

Although I think I read somehwere that Lennon came out and wasnt happy with him leaving as a few years ago Celtic helped his family stay in the country.

I'm not actually sure where I read these rumours, I think it through a link on twitter. The scottish press should think twice about giving him a bad name, after all there's still time for him to jump ship and declare for his home nation.

On a side note, Chelsea won todays game 6-0 :)

Cant imagine hes in a rush to head back to............<checks Google>.........Somalia. :eek:

Jaysus, although Somalia would probably give Scotland a run for their money. :p

Cant imagine hes in a rush to head back to............<checks Google>.........Somalia. :eek:

Jaysus, although Somalia would probably give Scotland a run for their money. :p

I checked his Wiki earlier and there seems to be a lot of confusion about his past, I used to follow him on twitter though and he tweeted something about being able to choose between 3 or 4 different countries, I also just remembered that he tweeted about wanting to play in the ACON one day and got a lot of stick over it.

We could always turn the Irish flag around and tell him hes playing for the Ivory Coast. ;)

Ivanovic is on 29k per week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

:eek: serious? link?

I thought he got bumped up to over £40K in the last year?

There is a decent gap between people like Lamps/JT/Torres/Hazard and the rest of the squad, think the next nearest players to those 4 would probably be Mata/Cole/Cech.

I thought he got bumped up to over £40K in the last year?

There is a decent gap between people like Lamps/JT/Torres/Hazard and the rest of the squad, think the next nearest players to those 4 would probably be Mata/Cole/Cech.

Below is from twitter, I dont believe it for a second that Marin & Bertrand are on bigger wages than Ivanovic.
    Below is a list of Chelsea’s player wages as of September 2012. The figure shown is a weekly wage before tax.

Eden Hazard - £185,000
    Fernando Torres - £175,000
    John Terry - £175,000
    Frank Lampard - £140,000
    Ashley Cole - £120,000
    Petr Cech - £100,000
    Gary Cahill - £80,000
    David Luiz - £75,000
    John Obi Mikel - £75,000
    Juan Mata - £67,000
    Daniel Sturridge - £60,000
    Ramires - £55,000
    Oscar - £40,000
    Paulo Ferreira - £40,000
    Ryan Bertrand - £40,000
    Marko Marin - £35,000
    Cesar Azpilicueta - £30,000
    Victor Moses - £30,000
    Branislav Ivanovic - £28,500
    Ross Turnbull - £17,000
    Oriol Romeu - £15,000

This is sourced from the latest version of the Sports Interactive football management simulation game, Football Manager, who have access to the official wage figures from Premier League clubs.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Below is from twitter, I dont believe it for a second that Marin & Bertrand are on bigger wages than Ivanovic.

This is the part I have contention with.
    "This is sourced from the latest version of the Sports Interactive football management simulation game, Football Manager, who have access to the official wage figures from Premier League clubs"

Why would SI have access to official wages from the clubs when none of the EPL sides are licensed?

Main bone of contention is Hazard, I know the guy is on big wages but to be on more then the captain? I'd doubt it TBH.

• Advertisement

Why would SI have access to official wages from the clubs when none of the EPL sides are licensed?

Main bone of contention is Hazard, I know the guy is on big wages but to be on more then the captain? I'd doubt it TBH.

It doesnt take much to spread false info on twitter. If it was true then Ivanovic really needs to sack his agent, Tal Ben Haim was on 30 grand a week with Portsmouth FFS :pac:

I cant see Ivanovic been on that figure at all, short of him saying it, it's impossible to tell really but he signed an extension last year sometime that brings him up to 2016, theres no way hes on just £28.5K.

I'd reckon its nearly double it but if not and hes happy on that wage then happy days. :p

Lollerskates. Football Manager? Jesus wept.

geeky wrote: »
    Lollerskates. Football Manager? Jesus wept.

Leave FM alone, great game. :(

Although using it as a source of information is subjective to say the least.

They COULD be right but I'd seriosuly doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sunday.

All bets are off.

Angry-Face-9.jpg

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :pac:

Torres wants to beat Liverpool sundy and ensure we're well in the title race......well score so Sunday 'Nando. :pac:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9666201/Chelsea-striker-Fernando-Torres-eager-to-end-Liverpool-nightmare.html
    Fernando Torres is looking to finally end his Liverpool jinx and help Chelsea stay firmly in the Premier League title race.
    Torres said: "It's a big game and now we are in second position in the table.

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres eager to end Liverpool nightmare

Fernando Torres is looking to finally end his Liverpool jinx and help Chelsea stay firmly in the Premier League title race.

Torres' miserable debut against his former club, following his £50 million move from Anfield, set the tone for his nightmare start to life at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea surrendered top spot in the Premier League to Manchester United last weekend and they could find themselves four points adrift in third place by the time they next take to the field.

Torres said: "It's a big game and now we are in second position in the table.

"We want to be at the top as soon as we can, so the first step is winning against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge."

The striker, who ended his latest scoring drought in Wednesday night's last-gasp Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk, will be up against former Liverpool team-mate and fellow Spain star Jose Reina.

Revealing the pair had already discussed Sunday's game, Torres added: "They are really looking forward to the game because they need points, they need to win these kinds of big games to get confidence.

"But we also need them so hopefully the three points can stay at Stamford Bridge."

• Advertisement

All bets are on. :p

I have the game as BTTS so hoping for a sneaky 2-1 victory but hoping for 7-1 just to be sure. :p

Suarez will be at Stamford Bridge. :eek:

Kess Kessler will be at Stamford bridge. :eek::eek:

Brother of Kess Kessler will be at Stamford Bridge. :eek::eek::eek:

Amiable will be at Stamford Bridge. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

We are wheeling out all the big guns to London this weekend. :D Plus I will not forgive Hazard for going to you lot.

To quote good old Marv....

These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

The way I see it I might as well get the false bravado out of the way early :D

If we left Stamford Bridge with a point I would be happy as we are going up against a better team that has more stand out individuals and who have some frankly amazing attacking options.

Kess, Kess, Kess.....that old trick of bigging up the opposition and hoping for a point wont work around here my friend. :pac:

We both know Liverpool , apart from the FA Cup final, have a good recent record against Chelsea, better then most in fact.

I'd agree we have a good attacking options but in Suarez you lot have a guy that could win the game for ye easily, it depends on how we start the game.

If we dont go dictating the game I think we'll struggle to impose ourselves and dictate the tempo.

Key man is Mata, if ye can stop him then you'll effectively stop us from flowing.

Hazard isnt that good. :eek: :p

There is no need to big you lot up though. We go into the game as underdogs and Chelsea will rightly be expected to win.

So if we leave with one point it will be a good result, and if we left with three it would be a great result. If we leave with none, then I will be disappointed to see my team lose but will know we got the expected result.

We do have Suarez, a guy who is top class and who can change a game, but he is the only attacking threat we have on that level and the rest of our attacking options are well below his level.

Chelsea on the other hand have Hazard and Mata who are both on the same level as Suarez. You have Oscar who looks at least as good as any of the regular attackers we have used this season. Then you have Torres up front who, despite the criticism (unwarranted imho) he is getting from some quarters this season, is a real goal threat and must be close to a goal every two games for you this term.

So in attacking terms Chelsea have far more quality options.

I think we can match you in terms of quality of defense, as our best back four is as good as your best back four.

The one part of the field that we potentially could beat you is in midfield, but that would depend, imho of course, on Rodgers twigging that he needs to switch Sahin and Gerrard. He has been playing Sahin in the advanced attacking midfielder role and putting Gerrard in the deep playmaker role. Gerrard is no deep lying playmaker and Sahin is certainly no CAM, if anything both players have had their best career moments playing in the role the other is getting in the Liverpool team.

Sahin alongside Allen with Gerrard in the attacking slot could edge any Chelsea midfield combo imho, and that is where we need to win the battle so we can retain possession.

Also our wide men will need to be working hard to prevent your fullbacks from advancing. Personally I would start with Assaidi and Sterling as both have very high workrates, both are good attackers, but both as very hard workers when they do not have the ball and will track back.

Whilst I am not expecting points from this game, I am worried about the game because if we come into the game with passengers we could find ourselves in real trouble against your attack, and you have the attacking options behind Torres that I would regard as being better than those of any of the other current top four teams if giving time and space.

What sort of line up do you and the other Blues here think will start for ya? Will RDM stick with Mikel and Ramieres in midfield or will he start Lampard or even switch to three in the centre?

Hazard, Oscar, Mata behind Torres?

Leave FM alone, great game. :(

Although using it as a source of information is subjective to say the least.

They COULD be right but I'd seriosuly doubt it.

Ha! Ah I love the game, but taking it as gospel is very dubious.

Just ask Walter Smith :D

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    There is no need to big you lot up though. We go into the game as underdogs and Chelsea will rightly be expected to win.

So if we leave with one point it will be a good result, and if we left with three it would be a great result. If we leave with none, then I will be disappointed to see my team lose but will know we got the expected result.

We do have Suarez, a guy who is top class and who can change a game, but he is the only attacking threat we have on that level and the rest of our attacking options are well below his level.

Chelsea on the other hand have Hazard and Mata who are both on the same level as Suarez. You have Oscar who looks at least as good as any of the regular attackers we have used this season. Then you have Torres up front who, despite the criticism (unwarranted imho) he is getting from some quarters this season, is a real goal threat and must be close to a goal every two games for you this term.

So in attacking terms Chelsea have far more quality options.

I think we can match you in terms of quality of defense, as our best back four is as good as your best back four.

The one part of the field that we potentially could beat you is in midfield, but that would depend, imho of course, on Rodgers twigging that he needs to switch Sahin and Gerrard. He has been playing Sahin in the advanced attacking midfielder role and putting Gerrard in the deep playmaker role. Gerrard is no deep lying playmaker and Sahin is certainly no CAM, if anything both players have had their best career moments playing in the role the other is getting in the Liverpool team.

Sahin alongside Allen with Gerrard in the attacking slot could edge any Chelsea midfield combo imho, and that is where we need to win the battle so we can retain possession.

Also our wide men will need to be working hard to prevent your fullbacks from advancing. Personally I would start with Assaidi and Sterling as both have very high workrates, both are good attackers, but both as very hard workers when they do not have the ball and will track back.

Whilst I am not expecting points from this game, I am worried about the game because if we come into the game with passengers we could find ourselves in real trouble against your attack, and you have the attacking options behind Torres that I would regard as being better than those of any of the other current top four teams if giving time and space.

What sort of line up do you and the other Blues here think will start for ya? Will RDM stick with Mikel and Ramieres in midfield or will he start Lampard or even switch to three in the centre?

Hazard, Oscar, Mata behind Torres?

All excellent points and well written Kess.

I wouldnt exoect Lampard to play unless we have an injury.

Our formation is often down as 4-2-3-1 but in real terms Oscar, who is central of the 3 AM's drops into a midfield role just ahead of Ramires and Mikel and leaves Mata and Hazard further up the field.

So what I'd expect, if we're injury free is :

Cech

Ivan----Cahill
    Luiz----Cole

Mikel----Ramiers

Mata
    Oscar
    Hazard

Torres

Although you could easily slot JT in there over Cahill/Luiz and put Lamps in there for Oscar and go :

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    JT
    Cole

Mikel

Ramires---- Lamps

Mata
    Hazard

Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Waaaaaahaaaaay. :D
    @BenSmithBBC: #CFC announce a profit of £1.4m for year ending June 2012 - the first time the club has done so since Abramovich took over.

Welcome to the black.

But you really do need to shift some of those players on high wages.

Players like:
    Mata
    Hazard
    Oscar

actually if you get rid of them before this Sunday you could get the saved monies in this years figures:P

Do it !

Leiva wrote: »
    Waaaaaahaaaaay. :D

Only took the best part of a decade. :pac:

Watch that profit blown away when we try sign Falcao for €50 Million.

Edit : Ya I suppose we could drop those 3 and save on appearence money. :)

Throw in Moses/Sturridge/Lamps. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Wooooohooo profit, we need to celebrate by buying falcao for 50 mill.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Wooooohooo profit, we need to celebrate by buying falcao for 50 mill.

FM13 said has buy ouy is €52 Million, dont think we'll go to €52Million, now €50 is nice round number but I really hope we put the foot down and say no, take €50Million or nothing. :pac: :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Supply and demand surely. Terry was under contract last Summer wheras Hazard was virtually able to name his price with City and Chelsea, among others, after his signature.

greendom wrote: »
    Supply and demand surely. Terry was under contract last Summer wheras Hazard was virtually able to name his price with City and Chelsea, among others, after his signature.

Sure City have Tevez & Toure on £200K + a week, maybe Aguero is on similar money but I'm still surprised that City didnt offer to pay him more or if reports are to be believed, pay his agent more. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

All your summer signings aren't included in that financial year, right? The summer before was quiet, which may explain the profit. Also Abramovich appears to be writing off ****loads of your debt. £166m this year. Nice one Roman.

All your summer signings aren't included in that financial year, right? The summer before was quiet, which may explain the profit. Also Abramovich appears to be writing off ****loads of your debt. £166m this year. Nice one Roman.

Ya the summer signings wouldnt have been included.

We had to improve the squad though as we were in danger of getting left behind.

I think the current squad is definetly good enough to compete domestically and to a good level contentially which was the point of bringing in Oscar, Hazard etc etc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement