Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

You lads don't actually wish injuries on players, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

You lads don't actually wish injuries on players, do you?

I certainly don't, because Karma can be a bitch sometimes, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

since we're gonna finish 6th can we please give lukaku and piazon some playing time against blackburn? cheers

Your wish may just be granted.

The Blues are certain to finish in sixth place, no matter what their result against Rovers and with the Champions League final on the horizon it gives the Italian the opportunity to blood a couple of young players.
    “It’s different,” Di Matteo admitted. “It’s going to be a different game.
    “We want to finish the season with a high and carry that on into next week.
    “I think it’s going to be a mix of it. There will probably be one or two youngsters. Some of the other guys that need a game.
    “We’ll have to find a balance. There will probably one or two youngsters and players who are going to be involved next Saturday.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/di_matteo_to_give_youth_a_chance_against_blackburn_1_1375252

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Piazon has to play.

Luiz and Cahill both out of Blackburn game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

On the way to London as we speak.

Hoping to see a Torres hat trick....failing that i wanna see

Hilario
    Hutchinson Ivanovic JT Bertrand
    Romeu Meireles
    Sturridge Piazon Malouda
    Lukaku

gavredking wrote: »

Hilario
    Romeu Meireles
    Sturridge Piazon Malouda
    Lukaku

Fair play Gav, hope its a good game for you

I like your team, but I'd like to see Danny through the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

gavredking wrote: »

Hilario
    Romeu Meireles
    Sturridge Piazon Malouda
    Lukaku

I was wondering why we were so quiet today!!! :p

Have a good one Gav!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dont mess the place while I'm gone :pac: :p

• Advertisement

Any one able to post the rumors about Van der wiel??

Im Stuck in work and dont have access :(................so bored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

what a day wrote: »
    Any one able to post the rumors about Van der wiel??

Im Stuck in work and dont have access :(................so bored!!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120510/chelsea-madrid-and-roma-three-way-fight-dutch-star-171783
    Chelsea will face a battle with Real Madrid and Roma to land Gregory Van Der Wiel.

The Ajax right-back looked all set to join Valencia this summer but advanced talks have broken down.
    Van Der Wiel is still expected to depart Amsterdam in the summer as he looks for a new challenge - and Chelsea could be ready to make their move.
    The Blues' interest in the 24-year-old has cooled slightly this season, following some up-and-down form in the Eredivisie. But with a squad shake-up in the summer looking likely, they may decide to move for him if he impresses during Euro 2012.
    But, according to reports in Italy, the Champions League finalists will have to compete with Madrid and Roma, both of whom have now joined the race for the Holland international.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I assume this has been discussed a lot here already, but I'm not going through the whole thread and just wanted to say sport1.de running with Marko Marin moving from Werder to Chelsea.

Fine ex-Borussia Moenchengladbach player with great feet and pace who's looking for his big breakthrough yet and if anything just a bit light on the physical side. Another Ramires just not as big. :D

Thanks Amiable!

Havent seen much of Van der Wiel so cant comment on him.
    Cant see him going to real Madrid with Ramos in his way.
    Id imagine we would keep Ivan as or RB and keep Bosi as back up.

Going to get the new jersey after work (come on 5o'clock) think il get mata on it, what a player!!

Any one find out the cheapist place to get it?
    Only place near me is Champion sports and its €65 without names on the back.

Boskowski wrote: »
    I assume this has been discussed a lot here already, but I'm not going through the whole thread and just wanted to say sport1.de running with Marko Marin moving from Werder to Chelsea.

That was broke on a saturday morning nearly 2 weeks ago as far as recall

It was on the Chelsea website back then

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2752630,00.html

what a day wrote: »
    Thanks Amiable!

Havent seen much of Van der Wiel so cant comment on him.
    Cant see him going to real Madrid with Ramos in his way.
    Id imagine we would keep Ivan as or RB and keep Bosi as back up.

Ajax fans reckon he wouldnt cut in our league and is a bit over rated - goes missing defensilvely apparently

And the rumours are just rumours apparently - also linked with Roma, was supposed to be going to Valencia?

• Advertisement

Ajax fans reckon he wouldnt cut in our league and is a bit over rated - goes missing defensilvely apparently

And the rumours are just rumours apparently - also linked with Roma, was supposed to be going to Valencia?

And there's no quotes with any of these links
    Usual rubbish from the likes of Talksport IMO

Seems to be a shortage of world class RBs these days, im a fan of Kyle walker. I know he is not world class but i can see him becoming very good all round as a right back. I cant for the life of me think who would do a better job at RB than Ivan other than the obvious Alves/Lahm/Ramos suggestions. Who else is ther out there? Any one any suggestions?
    Also a fan of Richards but dont think we could sign him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

@juanmata10 'Lucas Piazon is like Ramires and @DavidLuiz_4 younger brother. He is quick, fast, a typical Brazilian. Next season he'll play.'

I think I'm going to like Piazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Masked Man wrote: »
    @juanmata10 'Lucas Piazon is like Ramires and @DavidLuiz_4 younger brother. He is quick, fast, a typical Brazilian. Next season he'll play.'

I think I'm going to like Piazon.
    I know I can't understand how more of these guys were given a chance against the pool last week, anything would be better than malouda and unfortunately even one of my favourite players essien.
    I may be being optimistic but some of the current batch of kids look like having real potential, hopefully enough to counteract our difficulty to sign top players if we don't qualify for the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I know I can't understand how more of these guys were given a chance against the pool last week, anything would be better than malouda and unfortunately even one of my favourite players essien.
    I may be being optimistic but some of the current batch of kids look like having real potential, hopefully enough to counteract our difficulty to sign top players if we don't qualify for the champions league.

They had a Youth Cup final the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So Roberto has admitted he is testing out rookie CB's should Luiz and Cahill not make it for the final. Bloody hard decision to make.
    On that note...
    What line up would you go for?!
    I'll go brave and throw Sammy Hutch into the fire alongside Paulo, leave Bosingwa to deal with Ribery.

Bosingwa--Essien/Mikel/Hutch/Paulo/Oriel--Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Panthro wrote: »
    So Roberto has admitted he is testing out rookie CB's should Luiz and Cahill not make it for the final. Bloody hard decision to make.
    On that note...
    What line up would you go for?!
    I'll go brave and throw Sammy Hutch into the fire alongside Paulo, leave Bosingwa to deal with Ribery.

Bosingwa--Essien/Mikel/Hutch/Paulo/Oriel--Cole

Interesting... I would have Paulo [RB] Bos [CB] Chalobah [CB] Cole [LB]

I would have thought Essien would have slipped in if Cahill doesn't make it though? - If RDM hadn't said that...

Interesting... I would have Paulo [RB] Bos [CB] Chalobah [CB] Cole [LB]

I would have thought Essien would have slipped in if Cahill doesn't make it though? - If RDM hadn't said that...

Ya I would have gone for Essien myself but I now think he might not be best suited. (recanting a previous statement where I said he might do a job at CB).

edit:
    Wonder how Bertrand would figure at RB.
    Bertrand--Bosingwa--Paulo--Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Who are your guys's favourite Chelsea players of recent times? By recent times I mean from 2004 onwards cause the obvious answers would be Zola,RDM,Poyet, Wise etc.
    Mine would have to be Eidur Gudjonsson and Carvalho, great players who played crucial parts in our 04/06 winning seasons....Obviously Lampard, Cech and Terry get special mentions..

Anyway, hoping Lukaku,Romeou and Piazon all get starts today in a meaningless game, prediction 4-0 to Chelsea..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Ya I would have gone for Essien myself but I now think he might not be best suited. (recanting a previous statement where I said he might do a job at CB).

edit:

I shudder at the thought of Bertrand marking Ribery...If he gets destroyed enough in such a big game and at such a young age, its enough to destroy any players confidence.....Bos and Paulo marking Gomez is an even worse thought...Please get fit Luiz and Cahill

I certainly wouldn't like to have to make the selection personally!

Bertrand is hardly "at such a young age".

Bertrand is hardly "at such a young age".

He'll be 23 at the start of next season.

I think RDM threw him in to last chance saloon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd be shocked if Cahill and Luiz don't play. Mind games me thinks, will carry on until next Saturday, and there they will be starting come kick off.

I'd be shocked if Cahill and Luiz don't play. Mind games me thinks, will carry on until next Saturday, and there they will be starting come kick off.

I'll only be delighted if you are right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd be surprised too if they don't make it and also a little concerned, I think someone mentioned it here before but if we were that stuck I'd rather put Drogba at cb than bosi or ferarra and I wouldn't dream of using a champions league final to blood some of the youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Obviously I'm not a Chelsea fan but I'd put Chalobah at CB for the CL final ahead of Ferreira or Drogba any day of the week.

Bayern Munich currently losing 4-1 to Borussia Dortmund

Daily mail are claiming that Jose wants Ivanovic and is willing to part with 15million for his services.
    Wouldn't let him go personally, quality player.

edit:

Gutted for Luiz and Cahill if they cant make it, though Kuiz might make the bench. Typical that both are available CB's got injured

We cant play Paulo, we just cant, hes just too slow.
    Essien could do a job or Sam is the most experienced of the young un's or we turn to Nathan - the guys an athlete, amazing speed and has england youth experience.
    I actually think Bose does better at CB than at RB!

Minutes+Played.png

Goals+and+assists.png

http://www.carefreechronicles.com/2012/05/some-chelsea-statistics-in-fa-cup-2011.html

I actually think Bose does better at CB than at RB!

He has in the last couple of games but Bos against Gomez icon13.gif

That rumour has been going around a while, I doubt TSO actually wants Ivanovic. We'd be absolutely stupid to sell him anyway.

Champions League program on TV3 at the min, Robben was interviewed, next segment will be focusing on Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Think Gav and also Daz are at the game today, didn't make it for this one but enjoy the game lads! Hoping for a good performance and too see some of the youths playing. Still want Torres to start though.

cech is rested and Bruce buck has said that finishing 6th is not good enough and the club will be taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again! read into that what you will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dear Chelsea,

Please please please beat Bayern Munich.

Kind regards,

Your North London friends Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

cech is rested and Bruce buck has said that finishing 6th is not good enough and the club will be taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again! read into that what you will!

Hopefully he means spending some money to improve the squad, we should have done that last summer so hopefully we get busy this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

How is that bad news for RDM?
    It's hardly his fault. They have performed well under him.
    If Chelsea win next week he'll surely be untouchable?

I wouldn't be that disappointed to see Robbie managing somewhere else next season. By my count we've got 18 out of 33 points under him. That includes wins against Stoke, Blackburn, Villa and QPR and barely beating Wigan.

Yeah we've done brilliantly in cup competitions, but we've been saying all season that this could be the older players last year to win the cl together or ever for some of them. I think that's mattered a lot. We'd be out of the cl if it wasn't for Drogba.

I think he deserves a chance and do want him to get it. One year contract seems the best idea.

• Advertisement

Looking ahead to next week, I wonder was leaving Torres on the bench at the start a sign that he might well start with him for the CL final? Surely he can't start with both up front Drogba and Torres, any time they have both played up front it's been a disaster.

I wouldn't be that disappointed to see Robbie managing somewhere else next season. By my count we've got 18 out of 33 points under him. That includes wins against Stoke, Blackburn, Villa and QPR and barely beating Wigan.

Yeah we've done brilliantly in cup competitions, but we've been saying all season that this could be the older players last year to win the cl together or ever for some of them. I think that's mattered a lot. We'd be out of the cl if it wasn't for Drogba.

I think he deserves a chance and do want him to get it. One year contract seems the best idea.

The problem is Who is out there and available to manage ATM who will do a better job than RDM (Pep aside as he isn't managing anywhere)?

The way I see it is that as fantastic that great cup runs / wins are for the club the real bread and butter stuff is the league. Our lack of form in the league could have massive implications on our CL final because there is massive amounts of pressure on the Chelsea squad now to win the thing because its the only way we can play in the thing next season.

If we don't Qualify for the next season's CL it will be a disaster for the club IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Glad it turns out losing the 3 points against Liverpool didn't matter in the end. Saturday will be incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Looking ahead to next week, I wonder was leaving Torres on the bench at the start a sign that he might well start with him for the CL final? Surely he can't start with both up front Drogba and Torres, any time they have both played up front it's been a disaster.

We might see Torres taking Ramires' right wing role, he's more reliable than Danny S anyway.

The problem is Who is out there and available to manage ATM who will do a better job than RDM (Pep aside as he isn't managing anywhere)?

The way I see it is that as fantastic that great cup runs / wins are for the club the real bread and butter stuff is the league. Our lack of form in the league could have massive implications on our CL final because there is massive amounts of pressure on the Chelsea squad now to win the thing because its the only way we can play in the thing next season.

If we don't Qualify for the next season's CL it will be a disaster for the club IMO.

I dont think it will be that much of a disaster. We've made more than enough money from this run to cover any losses and we can still attract the right type of player as City did.
    One thing is clear, Roman wont gamble on the manager again and thats why I dont think Robbie will be selected but offered No2 again.
    Roman will go for someone more experinced this time, no idea who, but more than ever AVB proved that man management is an important quality.

One thing that struck me about Mikel's recent comments was

“You would go into training and think ‘should I train well?’ And then you’d think probably not because you won’t be playing on Saturday. It was things like that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251046/John-Obi-Mikel-Andre-Villas-Boas-wouldn-t-listen/

Now, surely, as a professional, you should train "well" regardless, especially if that could mean you get selected???

Thats the sort of attitude that needs to be cut out IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement