Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

More news on the massive profit.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2975285/title/chelsea-fc-announces-annual-profit

Chelsea Football Club has also recorded a record group turnover of £255.7 million, making Chelsea the fifth largest club in Europe in terms of revenue.

Group turnover was up from £222.3m to £255.7m

The £1.4m profit contrasts with a loss of £67.7m in the previous financial year and puts the club in a strong position to comply with UEFA Financial Fair Play criteria for the coming seasons. In order to compete in European competitions, these require clubs over a fixed period to achieve a break-even figure when expenditure is measured against the income from football-related activities.

The club also negotiated a deal with BSkyB to acquire its interest in Chelsea Digital Media Ltd (the holder of certain Chelsea media rights). This deal allows the club to have full control of our digital media strategy

Intergroup debt of £166.6m was capitalised into equity during the course of the year strengthening the balance sheet and making Chelsea FC plc debt free.

Good news all round. Break out the Dom Perigon, Coke, Hookers and Caviar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

GavRedKing wrote: »

Good news all round. Break out the Dom Perigon,

bubbly character with a cracking left foot all right and loves having a pop, but I would stick with trying to sign Falcao

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sure City have Tevez & Toure on £200K + a week, maybe Aguero is on similar money but I'm still surprised that City didnt offer to pay him more or if reports are to be believed, pay his agent more. :pac:

Even if you don't want to play for them, I'm sure that as a player, the threat of City is a very useful one to have when discussing salary requirements ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So what does that mean with regards to FFP? Isn't one of the main tenets that your wages be less than 50% of your turnover? Anyone know if that is the case? Great news for Chelsea if it is.

Leiva wrote: »
    bubbly character with a cracking left foot all right and loves having a pop, but I would stick with trying to sign Falcao

:)

Aaaahhhhh jaysus.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQayr2UM-QCANDLGJO6MMKh3hQFwjbtIntaA_bfLHPnBdpeMS_OENmCe_RuNw
    greendom wrote: »
    Even if you don't want to play for them, I'm sure that as a player, the threat of City is a very useful one to have when discussing salary requirements ;)

Oh definitely, pimping out your player to the highest bidder os part and parcel of football at the highest level, its sickening but it happensall the time and we're one of a handful of clubs that can afford and sometimes, be stupid enough to pay obscene amounts for players.

So what does that mean with regards to FFP? Isn't one of the main tenets that your wages be less than 50% of your turnover? Anyone know if that is the case? Great news for Chelsea if it is.

FFP is'nt coming into effect until 2013/14 I'm sure but clubs are rushing to get their houses in order in the run up to it.

If we can keep the wages somewhat static and increase turnover we should be ok.

In the article from ChelseaFC.com that I linked it shows that Chelsea have increased turnover year on year by £30 million.

We've left go players that were on high wages and replaced them with younger, less expensive talents.

Contracts that are up this summer include Malouda, Yossi B, Sturridge, Cole.

Malouda/Yossi wont be kept and I'd have my doubts about 2 or 3 more though.

Part of the reason I think we wont sign Falcao in January is the FFP. If we improve our league position and have a good showing in the cups then Roman can bank on £20 Million minimum of UCL revenue for next year so if we are to make a move for him I think it'll be in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Part of the reason I think we wont sign Falcao in January is the FFP.

But I think we WILL sign a striker, if we can get one cheap enough.
    he will be a backup striker, young, up and coming like Schurrie or Remy
    Possibly Danny will be sold or go out on loan, or we may have 3 strikers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Sgt is right. We will sign a striker wether it happens in january or the summer we will sign one. When you look at the players we currently have in the squad that we can off load im sure we will be fine finacially. With Essien Malouda Yossi all gone in jan/June there will then be question marks over Cole Lampard Terry Sturridge Kakuta and one or two other young players that will release som cash for our spending.

I think we will go for Falcao if the price is right, if not we will be after Neymar in the summer and possibly Shurrle as a replacement for Sturridge.

Why not take Huntelaar so in January? Proven goal scorer and UC eligible.

Will cost a fraction of what Falcao/Schurrle will cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Why not take Huntelaar so in January? Proven goal scorer and UC eligible.

Will cost a fraction of what Falcao/Schurrle will cost.

I think his time at Real proved that he is a striker that desperately needs to start games. Supposing that he was bought as a starter, would he be that much of an improvement over Torres, especially given his age? I haven't seen him play very often but from what I've seen he appears to be the exact kind of striker that tends to struggle at Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Alot of strikers tend to struggle at Chelsea :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

All your summer signings aren't included in that financial year, right? The summer before was quiet, which may explain the profit. Also Abramovich appears to be writing off ****loads of your debt. £166m this year. Nice one Roman.

For the FFP rules the cost of the player is split over the length of his contract ,

I would say Chelsea are reporting there results using this format

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Alot of strikers tend to struggle at Chelsea :(

Especially the clinical finisher types!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

For the FFP rules the cost of the player is split over the length of his contract ,

I would say Chelsea are reporting there results using this format

Ah yeah, all clubs will use amortisation when it comes to their accounts. Just wondering whether it's the most recent summer, where you signed a ****load of players, or the summer before where you signed very few.

Remember Josh?

1352492481212.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

There's rumorings that Ashley Cole is off in the summer......
    Ashley Cole has spoken to Paris Saint Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti about a summer switch to the Ligue 1 club, according to reports in France.
    The Chelsea left-back is out of contract in the summer and is yet to sign a new deal to extend his six-year spell at Stamford Bridge.
    That has led to speculation linking the 31-year-old with both PSG and Manchester United, but it appears that the former have shot ahead in the race for Cole's signature.
    And Le 10 Sport claim that former Chelsea boss Ancelotti has called Cole to sound him out ahead of a potential summer move.
    If Cole did join the big-spending French club he would be playing alongside stars such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Ezequiel Lavezzi, with PSG making waves since being bought by their Qatari owners.

SOURCE = TALKSPORT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ah yeah, all clubs will use amortisation when it comes to their accounts. Just wondering whether it's the most recent summer, where you signed a ****load of players, or the summer before where you signed very few.

Thats not really true, we signed more players last summer (previous year).
    mata 25 mill
    romeu 5 mill
    Lukaku 18 mill
    De bruyne 16 mill
    Courtois 8 mill

This summer
    Hazard 30 mill
    oscar 20 mill
    ceasr 8 mill
    moses 8 mill
    Marin 8 mill

I feel like I'm forgetting a few and not sure about prices but overall the financial results include a large spend on transfers for that season.

RichT wrote: »
    There's rumorings that Ashley Cole is off in the summer......

SOURCE = TALKSPORT

It's not really suprising, we are clearly not going to offer him more than a one year contract because of his age so he's almost certainly off in the summer. I don't really mind him going to PSG tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Phoenix wrote: »
    David Villa anyone?

No thanks, he's another "striker", a left sided version of hulk who's less suited to the premier league...

In my opinion we need a proper striker who will stay central and in and around the box at all times... and preferably someone who will get their head on the ball every now and then too, I'm getting so sick of seeing crosses and crosses going wasted in the box. Either put someone who can head up there or stop crossing them in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No thanks, he's another "striker", a left sided version of hulk who's less suited to the premier league...

In my opinion we need a proper striker who will stay central and in and around the box at all times... and preferably someone who will get their head on the ball every now and then too, I'm getting so sick of seeing crosses and crosses going wasted in the box. Either put someone who can head up there or stop crossing them in!

his name is falcao

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Another PL game another lead squandered. Really really need a striker and soon, missed chances cost us today... the slump continues.

Well put simply our failure to take our chances cost us 2 points today. Liverpool were shocking until the last 15 minutes and we have nobody else but ourselves to blame for that. Mata's miss was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Why is Robbie persisting with Torres?We need goals ffs

Sturridge is hardly pressing for a starting spot with his half arsed performances... Short of playing Hazard up front on his own and Moses in his place I can't see an alternative...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Why is Robbie persisting with Torres?We need goals ffs

And what's the alternative?....and don't say Sturridge. We were far better before Sturridge came on today.

And what's the alternative?....and don't say Sturridge. We were far better before Sturridge came on today.

I agree with this, torres is the best of our attacking options but it's not enough. WE NEED A GOALSCORER, if we had a consistant scorer then I would be fairly confident of us being the best in the league with the mata, oscar, hazard trio in behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cheeky bid in for Chico in Jan?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Sturridge and Torres are both muck next chance we have to get rid of them do it,then buy Falcao.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I agree with this, torres is the best of our attacking options but it's not enough. WE NEED A GOALSCORER, if we had a consistant scorer then I would be fairly confident of us being the best in the league with the mata, oscar, hazard trio in behind.

It's a pity we cant do anything about this until at least January, next summer imo. Don't think Lukaku is the answer (at the moment) either.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Cheeky bid in for Chico in Jan?:pac:

Would actually be an ideal player for us. Gets on the end of everything. Movement and positioning are great. Tores actually was decent today, but just tried breaking the line too much instead of squaring the ball.....ended up losing it most imes.

Would actually be an ideal player for us. Gets on the end of everything. Movement and positioning are great. Tores actually was decent today, but just tried breaking the line too much instead of squaring the ball.....ended up losing it most imes.

I'd doubt Fergie would allow the sale though!
    The Fell could be joining us come Jan if you believe the Daily Mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2231310/Chelsea-prepare-bid-sign-Marouane-Fellaini.html
    Might need to get in a goal scorer first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Writing is on the wall when we can't even beat a brutal team like Liverpool at home.

League "challenge" over allready.

another snoozefest of a season ahead.

League - Unireh
    CL - Barça

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe we need to change formation and tactics - play Danny and Torres, 3 at the back like City!

Drop on eof the trinity and start Moses or Marin

But we have to learn to kill off teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Torres was better today, but a clinical striker is clearly needed. Praying that we'll get Falcao!

Its such a pity we're playing such good football but getting nothing out of it :(

Maybe we need to change formation and tactics - play Danny and Torres, 3 at the back like City!

Drop on eof the trinity and start Moses or Marin

But we have to learn to kill off teams

No, formation is fine, just aren't clinical enough. Destroyed that Liverpool backline at times today, just missed out on the finish, will come in time/or with a different striker/ more experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Any news on Terry ?

I'm with ya Sgt, how about my idea..!:pac:

Cech
    ---Ivan--Cahill--Cole
    ----Ramires--Luiz----
    Moses---Oscar---Hazard
    Mata

Torres

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    Any news on Terry ?

Last I read there will be an MRI scan at 9am tomorrow morning

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm with ya Sgt, how about my idea..!:pac:

Cech
    ---Ivan--Cahill--Cole
    ----Ramires--Luiz----
    Moses---Oscar---Hazard
    Mata

Torres

Hahaha that's a joke right???? We would be murdered. Moses and Hazard covering that much would be suicide.

Hahaha that's a joke right???? We would be murdered. Moses and Hazard covering that much would be suicide.

It's the only way forward!:pac:
    (Sgt mentioned playing 3 at the back and I've been toying around with the idea, it's difficult enough, I can see why RDM hasn't ventured down that avenue!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've often wondered about 3 at the back but the only way I could see it working is.

Cech
    ---Ivan-Terry--Luiz---
    Ramires--Mikel-Oscar-Cole
    ---Mata
    Hazard--
    Torres

Lukker- wrote: »
    I've often wondered about 3 at the back but the only way I could see it working is.

Cech
    ---Ivan-Terry--Luiz---
    Ramires--Mikel-Oscar-Cole
    ---Mata
    Hazard--
    Torres

The problem with that, is Ramires is completely nullified. He was excellent again today. I actually remember certain posters saying he was useless when he joined :pac: Vital player. The dynamic between himself and Mikel is excellent. Frank will have a tough time breaking back into the team.

The problem with that, is Ramires is completely nullified. He was excellent again today. I actually remember certain posters saying he was useless when he joined :pac: Vital player. The dynamic between himself and Mikel is excellent. Frank will have a tough time breaking back into the team.

I actually thought Ramires was average today. He was great as usally at getting around the pitch and putting people under pressure but his passing was sub-par again and he doesn't lift his head often enough he's a great outlet but he tries to take the hard option of running past 2-3 players and losing the ball when most of the time a pass would have sufficed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Evenin' all, new poster, long time reader/lurker.

We desperately need a striker in Jan. It is never going to happen for Torres at Chelsea. Sturridge is not the answer. Bring Lukaku back in Jan and give him a whirl.

We also need one of the holy trinity to stay in the midfield. Drop Mikel to bench and drop Rambo back to cover.

There is no leader on the pitch and you can tell...it says a lot when your keeper is the captain.

Should have put that game to bed in the first half.

2 points from 9 is not great with two of those games at home. Saying that its only November still all to play for.

Roll on West Brom.

And the worst thing about today was the injury to Terry. We were shocking after he went off we seemed to lose our way a bit without him it's been evident in the last few games without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Can we please just get rid of Mikel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Ah now its an improving Liverpool team who always are able to get up for us so I wouldn't panic, I would be very happy with our league position now if I was offered it at the start of the year and its only very suspect referring that done us against utd.
    Our new midfielders are still figuring each other out and Oscar in particular is still adjusting to the physicallaty of the premier league, mikel was very poor today but he is strating to get a bit more proactive in his play.
    On a side note can anybody help me get 3 tickets for the arsenal game in Jan for Christmas presents for my two young fellas (and me of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

We should of won this game, we had chances but didn't take them.

The gulf in class at times was embarrassing but at only 1-0 any team no matter how poor they are have a chance of getting a goal back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement