Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

A couple of official twitterings.........

RDM: "Frank Lampard won't be featuring at West Brom but he's not far off, we want to make sure he's 100 per cent and not take risks." #CFC

RDM: "With JT we're looking at approximately three weeks out, fortunately it's not as bad as we first thought." #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

what a day wrote: »
    As much as it pains me, id start Torres. He has had some decent form of late although he is still not good enough, i would not risk him taking a step back in his progress and wait till after the ManCity game to start Sturridge.

However, i would like to see Sturridge come on for Torres with at least 25mins for Sturridge to get into the game and show what he can offer. We need 3 points against WBA and id start our strongest squad, we need to get over this latest blip.
    I have to ease your pain there.
    I think, as you mentioned, Torres is not lighting up the pitch, although working hard.
    I would start Sturridge and start investing game time in Sturridge rather than waste game time with Torres. :o
    He gets the golden boot for European c'ships and can't score for us. Time to make him work for his place. I have been patiently waiting for two years to see the Torrres of old but alas, it is not to be, me thinks.
    No matter what he ever does in the future, the goal he scored against Barca in the CL will forever last in my memory as one of the greatest moments in time for me. Running on his own to beat the keeper - But, and there's always a but....
    it pains me to say, start Sturridge and bring on Torres late into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

That goal repaid a large chunk of the 50 mil he cost. I doubt too many other players would have had the composure and nerve to finish that goal , given the circumstances.

I'd be inclined to stick with Torres right up to the transfer deadline and give him every opportunity to shine. At least then if we bring Falcao in we still should have time to compete in the league and Torres cant say he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip.

cadaliac wrote: »
    No matter what he ever does in the future, the goal he scored against Barca in the CL will forever last in my memory as one of the greatest moments in time for me. Running on his own to beat the keeper - But, and there's always a but....
    it pains me to say, start Sturridge and bring on Torres late into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm starting to think Walcott would be a good option for us
    Cheap, fast and scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I'm starting to think Walcott would be a good option for us
    Cheap, fast and scores

You're making him sound like a dream hooker (not the rugby type).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

bullpost wrote: »
    That goal repaid a large chunk of the 50 mil he cost. I doubt too many other players would have had the composure and nerve to finish that goal , given the circumstances.

I'd be inclined to stick with Torres right up to the transfer deadline and give him every opportunity to shine. At least then if we bring Falcao in we still should have time to compete in the league and Torres cant say he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip.

Cheese were already going to the final so he cost Chelsea money as i say he gets paid for the goal and match time.
    Stick Moses up front even instead of Torres as he got well over the time needed to find his feet.

Hoping for a good win or even a win to get back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

what a day wrote: »
    As much as it pains me, id start Torres. He has had some decent form of late although he is still not good enough, i would not risk him taking a step back in his progress and wait till after the ManCity game to start Sturridge.

However, i would like to see Sturridge come on for Torres with at least 25mins for Sturridge to get into the game and show what he can offer. We need 3 points against WBA and id start our strongest squad, we need to get over this latest blip.
    Torres is a viable player with a market value. Shame is he's not viable for Chelsea's needs, and his market value has declined.

It makes sense to keep Torres fit and get something out him while keeping him in the shop window. But he's marginal now. The die is cast. He'll be moving on soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We have been awful since United beat us.

We are so lethargic and predictable we don't have a hope in the league or the champions league.

Di Matteo needs to show some balls and change it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lukker- wrote: »
    We have been awful since United beat us.

We are so lethargic and predictable we don't have a hope in the league or the champions league.

Di Matteo needs to show some balls and change it up.

He does not have many options in fairness especially up front, neither torres or danny are world beaters and thee is nobody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MUSEIST wrote: »
    He does not have many options in fairness especially up front, neither torres or danny are world beaters and thee is nobody else.

It'd be easily fixed if the problem was just up front. The whole system isn't working.

It'd be easily fixed if the problem was just up front. The whole system isn't working.

But if we were taking our chances it would get us points in games like todays. Utd are terrible defensively but their firepower up front rescue's them. We just don't have that option and it's costing us points.

What system changes would you suggest??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

We arent taking our chances, that does seem to be a big part of the problem, we are set up so offensively that we have to score alot of goals or we will lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Only picked up the pace when Oscar and Mata came on, Torres is an embarrassment and worse than Sheva, hope we goes in Jan.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Got to disagree there.

If we had a decent striker we would overrun most teams. Goals change games. If we had someone to convert the decent chances we did create we would have been in no bother. And that goes for the season as a whole. You can see the finishing issue beginning to affect the whole teams finishing not just the strikers.

Luiz has had his chance to prove himself but is making costly errors on a regular basis e.g. first goal today and as I've said above goals change games.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

While the strikers aren't playing well does anyone else feel that for the possession we have in the positions we get the ball that not enough clear cut chances are created?

smuckers wrote: »
    Only picked up the pace when Oscar and Mata came on, Torres is an embarrassment and worse than Sheva, hope we goes in Jan.:mad:

I agree about torres. I have tried to be supportive of him but my patience is gone. We have a very creative team and still he looks like a random member of the crowd with a chelsea shirt who won a competition to play for a few minutes.
    I actually think we should sign 2 strikers in january.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

jaysis I hope Abramovich wasnt watching Long today...he bought Torres on the back of 'he always plays well and scores against us'....as far as I remember Torres scored two against us in the Jan we bought him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Biggest problem in my opinion today was a lack of respect shown to west brom starting a practically new team against them a gamble which didn't pay off especially considering the players that we we're trying to rest had to be called into action anyway. Oscar is not up to speed with the premier league yet and for the first time I think Torres was woeful!! No desire at all which was only matched by sturridge trying to impress too much, his link up play was good but as soon as be gets a glimpse of goal he has blinkers on which wouldn't be a bad thing if he was able to produce the clinical finishes he was at bolton.

Could be 6 points off the pace now after the United game.. and if we dont beat City next week it could be 8 or 9 points back and that could potentially be the Premier League gone!

After such a promising start it all seems to be falling away pretty quickly.. :(

cech

ivanovich---cahill---luiz

Ramires----mikel----lampard----bertrand/cole

mata
    hazard

torres:mad:

Here is my Football manager (3-4-3) version of the current chelsea team. Very attacking and very good. If only what works on FM worked in real life.

:P:pac:

Well at least Utd fooked up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

One thing that's bugs me how come we are not let wear the gold numbers that we wear in the champions league in the premier league ? Swansea wear the gold numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Long anyone?

Reckon he only has a few years left because of how gunhoe he is. maybe falcao and long in Jan would be great! Maybe its the drink talking ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Long has potential but even though WBA are doing well he'd need a move up the ladder to a team below the level of Chelsea to further prove himself, for example Liverpool :)

But do you not think as a back up to Falcao he would be good?

• Advertisement

Depends on price. Are Chelsea gonna play 8-10 million for a backup player who still has yet to prove himself at the top? Hardly.

Long is so talented though, but would he suit against defences playing deeper against Chelsea?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Depends on price. Are Chelsea gonna play 8-10 million for a backup player who still has yet to prove himself at the top? Hardly.

Long is so talented though, but would he suit against defences playing deeper against Chelsea?

Oh yeh! Without a doubt. good in the air, quick, and a good finisher. I think a better player than moses, but do we need another of that quaility, im not sure. Dont think it would happen but i would like it!

Shane Long for Chelsea?

Ridiculous!

Shane Long for Chelsea?

Ridiculous!

Why? good reason

Why? good reason

ehhh hes not good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

As much as we obviously need to rethink our striking options in January, it is of equal importance that we get another CB too IMO.

David Luiz IS NOT, NEVER WAS and NEVER WILL BE a centre back.

So, who can we realistically get? Fabricio Coloccini anyone? If Newcastle refuse to sell, maybe we could kidnap him and put him in David Luiz's shirt. Who would know?

ehhh hes not good enough?

Are you asking a question? Bit Yeh you are right, hasnt a patch on Torres!

Give Danny a run of games and he will prove his worth. I thought he got into good positions\scoring chances plus he seemed to link up well with Mata. Just needs a run of games

Looks Torres could be dropped for the next league game

Luiz again at fault, the guy cant defend - cant wait for JT to come back.

Basically our 2, Jan 2011 signings have been woeful and held back this team for far too long

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Phoenix wrote: »
    According to that "ahem"article Roman wants to link Suraez with Falcao!are they very prolific for Uruguay?

Falcao plays for Colombia.

Guy obviously confusing Falcao and Cavani :)

Oh and Bertrand is nowhere near Cole in talent

But for all the negativity, we are still very much in the title race

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Torres had his chance to impress but has done F**K all.

His performances as of late have been pathetic and I for one would be happy to see Sturridge get a chance.

A775PO_CAAAtk3U.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Young kid named Jeremie Boga came on for Chelsea u21's against Liverpool at half time today and scored two goals. Looks a serious talent and completely changed the game. Amazed to find out afterwards he's only 15. Keep an eye on him.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Did anyone notice when Hazard scored yesterday Torres ran over with everyone else and seemed totally uninterested? I'll try and find it on YouTube now..

I'd like to see Danny get 90 minutes up front in the next league game and see what he can do.

thebison wrote: »
    Torres had his chance to impress but has done F**K all.

His performances as of late have been pathetic and I for one would be happy to see Sturridge get a chance.

A775PO_CAAAtk3U.jpg

That image sums up torres entire chelsea career. We need to put danny up front, yes he's wasteful and greedy but he still is more effective than torres.

Phoenix wrote: »

I'll see your Suraz and raise you a Drogba!

Drogba left Stamford Bridge at the end of last term to join Shanghai Shenhua, and is due back in west London to train with Roberto Di Matteo's first-team in a bid to keep his match sharpness.
    However, his agent Tcherno Seydi, has fuelled speculation of a return to Chelsea by revealing his intentions to ask FIFA for special dispensation to allow the forward to join a club on loan, outside of the transfer window.

"It would be an exceptional measure, but considering what he has brought to African football we can ask for it," he told L'Equipe.
    "Considering what he represents and he has achieved, FIFA could study that case."
    With Fernando Torres still struggling to rediscover his best form, the Blues have been linked with moves for a number of striker's in the forthcoming January transfer window.
    Negotiating a short-term deal for Drogba, though, would mean Roman Abramovich needn't fork out more money, after spending big over the summer, and could turn out to be a worthwhile arrangement for both parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was off for a few days, glad I was, that WBA game was just a mess.

More points dropped in games we should be winning, resting players and rotating at times is very confusing and frustrating for fans. WBA well finish more then likely inside the top 8 but we should have enough to beat them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement