Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There is always the possibility Ashton is wide of the mark here....

True, we wont know for a few hours hope hes wrong to some degree.
    solarith wrote: »
    Now you're trolling

:p I'll have to ban myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I was only kidding why did RDM have to read this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats RDM thinking?

Hey, he won the thing so he thinks whatever he likes!

from chelsea daft

There has been a lot of talk around twitter, apparently Roberto Di Matteo is going to drop Fernando for our vital Champions League clash in favor of Hazard as a false 9. Before I get into this I will quickly talk about the source for this info.

Yes it is from the DailyMail, commonly dubbed "the DailyFail", which granted reduces the credibility of the story. However this has been, for lack of a better word, "confirmed" by John Chapman on twitter, who is apparently very reliable when it comes to info like this.

Now, I am sure you are all aware that Hazard is more than capable of playing this role, he did so against England for Belgium. But I have to say I am a little sceptical about how this will work away from home against such a strong team. The reasons being;

- We won't have any sort of direct outlet at all for the counter, Hazard is a small technical player, not a natural striker by any means.

- We will lack penetration in attack, we will essentially be playing a 4-2-4-0, with Hazard dropping into midfield. Barcelona have the luxury of having Messi to do his thing, we unfortunately do not.

- We will not be able to cross balls up into the box with any sort of success, Hazard did score a header, but it was a one in a million (shown by his hilarious reaction to scoring the goal)

- Experimenting a new style of attack in such an important game is risky to say the least!

However, there are some clear benefits;

- Hazard's attacking threat can be utilized without his lack of defensive abilities hindering our defence

- We will be almost impossible to man mark, with so much movement in and around the box

- It will undoubtedly lead to a more lively attack, especially compared to Fernando Torres' recent outings.

Apparent starting line-up;

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Luiz-Cole

Mikel-Ramires

Azpilicueta-Oscar-Mata

Hazard

Azpilicueta seems to be the "defensive" change to the midfield that Di Matteo was talking about, Oscar, Mata, Ramires and Mikel are unconfirmed, however I am pretty certain they will all start as per usual."

Chelsea have to watch the 2 key men and close Juve down fast . thats how Inter beat them. Last time Oscar did a good job on Pirlo but we also need to watch Vidal.
    I dont think it will be our normal open attacking game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Just posted on Twitter

"@neilashton_: Ashley Cole latest name dragged into Clattenburg case. Interviewed Sunday by FA compliance team at the Bridge. More on Mail Online soon."

amiable wrote: »
    Just posted on Twitter

"@neilashton_: Ashley Cole latest name dragged into Clattenburg case. Interviewed Sunday by FA compliance team at the Bridge. More on Mail Online soon."

Ah jaysus, what did poor Ashley do now? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cech Cahill Luiz Ivan Cole Ram Mikel Mata Oscar Hazard Moses.

Ashton was wrong about the false no 9 :rolleyes:

smuckers wrote: »
    Cech Cahill Luiz Ivan Cole Ram Mikel Mata Oscar Hazard Moses.

Ashton was wrong about the false no 9 :rolleyes:

That confirmed?

• Advertisement

UEA website says : Chelsea (Official, UEFA website): Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Mata, Oscar, Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Oh isn't this exciting

solarith wrote: »
    Oh isn't this exciting

Match thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056811893
    Torres dropped and hazard starting in his position,is this Torres as good as gone I wonder?

Yup I reckon so, also..........Match thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056811893

:pac: :p

GavRedKing wrote: »

Ah jaysus, what did poor Ashley do now? :eek:
    To be fair that tweet was a bit vague

amiable wrote: »
    To be fair that tweet was a bit vague

It was really.....there was no mention of Cole coming forward saying he heard something unless it was a p*ss take at how Cole defended JT throughout his case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Torres dropped and hazard starting in his position,is this Torres as good as gone I wonder?
    Yep.

They'll keep him in the frame to make him more saleable. And there might be a worthwhile goal or two in him while he's on the books.

But Torres is a goner as far as Chelsea are concerned. He's been mediocre for far too long and Chelsea are building a different kind of team that doesn't require a forward like him.

It was really.....there was no mention of Cole coming forward saying he heard something unless it was a p*ss take at how Cole defended JT throughout his case.
    I think Sturridge not getting picked tonight instead of Torres is probably as significant as Torres being dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How much of a hit do you think Chelsea would take on Torres? Can't see him fetching much over £15million given his form over the last two or three years.

How much of a hit do you think Chelsea would take on Torres? Can't see him fetching much over £15million given his form over the last two or three years.
    IMO you're in the right ballpark there. CFC will ship a big loss on Torres. Like on Shevchenko.

He will also be almost 29 come January.
    Add to that whoever takes him may have to take on his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well, better to lose at this stage then in the knockouts v Barça..

Also this time a year ago we would have signed for winning the CL and losing in the groups the following season - in fact for 10 seasons in a row...

Pity we won't be in the CL next season ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well, better to lose at this stage then in the knockouts v Barça..

Also this time a year ago we would have signed for winning the CL and losing in the groups the following season - in fact for 10 seasons in a row...

Pity we won't be in the CL next season ...

Chelsea should finish top 4. Just unsure who the manager will be and our strikers.

Hope RDM gets the year and a good strikers in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

that half really was a load of ****, RDM gambled and ballsed it up. Its like Juve had an extra player all the time.
    Hazard's miss in first half has proved costly:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

RIP Chelsea FC

smuckers wrote: »
    that half really was a load of ****, RDM gambled and ballsed it up. Its like Juve had an extra player all the time.
    Hazard's miss in first half has proved costly:(
    It was a gamble. With a bit of luck we might have pulled through.

But the evidence is before our eyes now in a long sequence of results and the exhausting reality for our players that to get a result we have to score two or three without a properly functioning attacker.

RIP Chelsea FC
    RIP RA CFC MkI

RIP Chelsea FC
    Is there something you want to tell us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well that loss was not about tactics, they are just better than us and we have no confidence in our strikers to score goals. Sometimes you just got to admit that they are better than us. Ah well:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm really not looking forward to Sundays game now. It has all the makings of a good arsekicking!

Guillen Ballague was saying earlier that Chelsea were offered Falcao in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Too early to start calling for Di Matteo's head or has the Champions League win and an ageing squad bought him a season?

RIP Chelsea FC

F%ck off

Its going to be a long journey home for the players.

That formation didnt work at all so what to do against City?

4-6-0?

1-8-1?

0-5-5?

Tough week ahead for RDM and the press are going to be on his back.

Too early to start calling for Di Matteo's head or has the Champions League win and an ageing squad bought him a season?

calling for RDM's head would be stupid,nobody could do a better job with this current squad. We need at least 2 strikers and maybe a defender and then we can have higher expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really need Shakhtar to win the last game or get hammered. As 4 goal difference to make up if Juventus win. Still a chance to go through and guaranteed Europe at worst.
    Who is the striking coach for Chelsea?

Have you heard of Mr. Abramovich?

RDM, for my money will be gone very soon, this side of X-mas.

First defending champs K/O in the group stage is looking odds on so I'd expect Roman to act then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

No he's not the right guy to lead Chelsea forward IMO and if we're being honest its just a matter of time until he goes.

Its going to be a long journey home for the players.

That formation didnt work at all so what to do against City?

4-6-0?

1-8-1?

0-5-5?

Tough week ahead for RDM and the press are going to be on his back.
    How about the No. 1O bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I was only taking up for RDM on here and then he goes and does that, absolutely ridiculous decision to start with that team & formation. IMO he has to take all the blame for that defeat.

Considering we were playing a very good Juve team away from home, with a formation nobody knew and no striker, we did t play as bad as some people are making out, we just lacked that end product.

What a load of bollocks that was.

Was to be expected though. The major problem RDM has is that there are very little options to change things. We just have to accept that without any strikers we are going to be muck (until january).

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I was only taking up for RDM on here and then he goes and does that, absolutely ridiculous decision to start with that team & formation. IMO he has to take all the blame for that defeat.

Considering we were playing a very good Juve team away from home, with a formation nobody knew and no striker, we did t play as bad as some people are making out, we just lacked that end product.

And do you really believe that Torres was going to give us that end product:rolleyes: Absolute delusion from some chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jeez the man only won the Champions League final 6 months ago?

Spoiled I tell ya. Spoiled ! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Really need Shakhtar to win the last game or get hammered. As 4 goal difference to make up if Juventus win. Still a chance to go through and guaranteed Europe at worst.

I thought it was games against the two teams if Chelsea were to finish level with Shaktar? Not sure if they do it on away goals, but you might want to double check .

• Advertisement

Yea but why oh why wasnt someone brought in during the summer if they were hell bent on loaning Lukaku out

Yeah I agree. Apparently RDM was unhappy that another striker was not bought in the summer. Blame emenalo or roman for that because it's costing us now. Also missing terry is a big loss at the moment, he is our best defender by far and it shows when he's missing from the team.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    And do you really believe that Torres was going to give us that end product:rolleyes: Absolute delusion from some chelsea fans.

Where in my post did I mention Torres ?

Where in my post did I mention Torres ?

So whats the other option up front. Danny is injured, moses is a winger. So what striker option would you suggest then?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    So whats the other option up front. Danny is injured, moses is a winger. So what striker option would you suggest then?

Well in my earlier posts I was in favour of Danny starting until I found out he was injured, either way Chelsea are not good enough to play without a striker, so that should mean Torres should of went straight into the team.

Do you honestly believe that RDM was right in trying out a new formation in such a big game?

Well in my earlier posts I was in favour of Danny starting until I found out he was injured, either way Chelsea are not good enough to play without a striker, so that should mean Torres should of went straight into the team.

Do you honestly believe that RDM was right in trying out a new formation in such a big game?

I don't see any other option. I have no faith in Torres. When he plays it feels like we are down to 10 men and without danny there was just no other option. I am actually impressed with RDM for having the balls to make the change.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement