Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

What ye make of Mourinhios daughter enrollling in a school in London last week folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Managing Anzhi isnt he?

I'd take Rafa in a heart beat, especially over Redknapp.

Never, ever Redknapp, ever.

If I could thank this post a thousand times I would.

Just seen the betting on Sky sports news for the new manager, John Terry is 20/1 :D

What ye make of Mourinhios daughter enrollling in a school in London last week folks?

There was talk of Mourinho coming back but I cant see it happening, Chelsea have obviously being mulling over this decision for quite a while now, so I assume whoever they bring in now will not just be temporary and I cant see Mourinho walking out on Real Madrid, although I would never say never in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One word, coincidence.

He was over last year too around Stamford Bridge and it was reported he was coming back, I can only assume it was something to do with the above but I'm sure José still has a home in London so I think its a none story really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It's London. There are lots of kids who move to London to go to school who have rich parents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Caveman1 wrote: »
    There was talk of Mourinho coming back but I cant see it happening, Chelsea have obviously being mulling over this decision for quite a while now, so I assume whoever they bring in now will not just be temporary and I cant see Mourinho walking out on Real Madrid, although I would never say never in football.

Supposedly we had been in touch with Pep recently so this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks I would reckon .

dont see Jose coming , why would he at the moment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Caveman1 wrote: »

If I could thank this post a thousand times I would.

Just seen the betting on Sky sports news for the new manager, John Terry is 20/1 :D
    That's just embarrassing. I'm getting an ear full at work too. Rafael or any temp manager is not the answer. Roman knows it too. Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Just part of being a Chelsea fan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

All a big game to Abramovich.

All a bit embarrassing for Chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Disgusted and ashamed to be a Chelsea FC Fan today.

What a disgrace.

Roman is a gangster.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt say I'm embarassed, but annoyed really.

Expected him to be sacked after the FC Nords game but never thought it would be now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wouldnt say I'm embarassed, but annoyed really.

Expected him to be sacked after the FC Nords game but never thought it would be now.

Its a Luiz's fault I tell you :D

I was going to post a big post but I posted similar a month or two ago anyway.
    Pj! wrote: »
    But I agree about Chelsea being somewhat of a joke club. They seem to be really lacking in class lately. Preferred them before their Russian sugar daddy took over.
    It won't be too long before they're on their 10th manager in the 10 years. This has included getting rid of the most successful manager in their history - Mourinho of course. One of the most successful managers the Premiership has seen. The sugar daddy that Chelsea fans bow down to didn't get on with him and has gotten through 7 managers in the 5 years since the 'great one' left. Ridiculous.

They've spent a crazy £700+ million in Abramovich's time on transfers and have ended up with Torres and Sturridge as front men. Many of the transfers chosen by Abramovich himself. It's a joke really. No doubt they will splash out over the odds for one soon. Whichever manager happens to be in charge may or may not have any say.

Of course there's John Terry. More class in an ashtray.

Lately there is the Clattenburg issue. Chelsea felt hard done by and as Warnock says, didn't take time to think about their actions and are out to ruin the ref's career. I know plenty of Chelsea fans (majority?) don't agree with any of this.

They are becoming an easily dislikeable team.

I really hope nothing similar ever, ever comes of Man Utd.

Supposedly we had been in touch with Pep recently so this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks I would reckon .

dont see Jose coming , why would he at the moment ?

I have reservations about Pep, I always thought Frank Rijkaard was a great manager then he went to Turkey and got the sack after a couple of months. IMO Barca nearly manages itself, from Rijkaard, Pep & Vilanova they havnt once changed the way they play.

I think Benitez would be a good appointment, seems the most likely one to me.

Its a Luiz's fault I tell you :D

RDM shouldnt have read him the rio act at the weekend so.

Luiz should be given a free role by the next manager, maybe replace Oscar as the AMC. ;)

Talk on twitter that Benitez has cancelled his scheduled tv appearances this weekend in Abu Dhabi, and has flown back to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Really hope RDM gets to the end of the season to try and sort this out. ...

With Pep being the supposed target and not wanting to take a job until next season, fingers crossed that buys RDM until the end of the season.

How wrong was I.

Just remember...

_60356745_dimatteo.jpg

Well RDM will always be remembered as the guy to bring us our 1st UCL.

Against the odds he acheived something even Roman couldnt imagine he coudl do for that he can be proud, given RDM's legacy and the esteem hes held in by the fans this is a huge step by Roman.

Have a look at Rory Smith's timeline on twitter.
    I'd be very surprised if Rafa Benitez is not the next Chelsea manager.

amiable wrote: »
    Have a look at Rory Smith's timeline on twitter.
    I'd be very surprised if Rafa Benitez is not the next Chelsea manager.

Anything main you wanna repost from him? Cant check in work at the moment.

• Advertisement

Anything main you wanna repost from him? Cant check in work at the moment.

Sorry Gav.
    Chelsea fans! Want to learn more about the man who may be your next manager? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0755363620

Is Eddie Newton gone too does anyone know?

Or was it just Robbie? I presume Eddie will be in charge for the weekend unless Roman has someone lined up and waiting for the last few days.

This is a quote attributed to Rafa today
    Benitez: Chelsea are a top side who can challenge for trophies and that is what I am looking for

Source is https://twitter.com/AndyLewisAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Really hope rafa doesn't take the job he's to decent a man to have to put up with abramovichs bullish!t. Is there any appetite among fans to protest against abramovichs ownership or is it a case of his money excuses everything. Genuine question not a swipe at the club just interested to know what fans think of the club being exposed to the sort of attention it is going to receive for sacking a manager 6 months after leading them to the supposed holy grail of the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Beggars belief - really does

poolboy wrote: »
    Is there any appetite among fans to protest against abramovichs ownership or is it a case of his money excuses everything.

You can be sure that without his money Chelsea fans wouldn't put up with him for long.

poolboy wrote: »
    Really hope rafa doesn't take the job he's to decent a man to have to put up with abramovichs bullish!t. Is there any appetite among fans to protest against abramovichs ownership or is it a case of his money excuses everything. Genuine question not a swipe at the club just interested to know what fans think of the club being exposed to the sort of attention it is going to receive for sacking a manager 6 months after leading them to the supposed holy grail of the owner.

RDM hung himself IMO. Look back at our results against the biggest teams in the league last year, we actually were worse off with RDM then AVB.

RDM's main charge was to finish top 4 and we got really, really lucky winning the UCL and getting in through the back door.

RDM's lack of tactical or stiutaional awareness of games cost him and last night I'm sure everyone involved with the club raised an eyebrow at the selection and formation and it played into Juventus hands.

Wether we as fans like it or not, Roman can do what he wants with the club, other then the managerial merry go round everything else is going better then anyone could have hoped or predicted at the club.

I really hope its Pep next as that should at least stop him been fired 6 months down the line.

You can be sure that without his money Chelsea fans wouldn't put up with him for long.

He wouldnt be in charge if he didnt have money and we wouldnt be where we are today without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

It's London. There are lots of kids who move to London to go to school who have rich parents.

Too right. And universities. It's not uncommon to see the teenage sons of Arabs driving around London in Ferraris and other supercars, its a nice toy to have when you're at college and have time on your hands=)

More or less all of the ruling elite of Middle Eastern countries send their children there to be educated.

• Advertisement

He wouldnt be in charge if he didnt have money and we wouldnt be where we are today without it.

And that's the answer that every Chelsea fan will give. Will be the same answer after the next manager is sacked.

Paul Edwards is now tweeting that Rafa's agent was in touch with Chelsea.

Paul Edwards is a solicitor who works for a firm that represents Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

So what happens if Pep comes in next, fails, then ultimately gets the bullet within a year? The same **** again.

At this stage, anything the club achieves is completely hollow due to the costs incurred, not just financial. I'm starting to wish we'd just go back to being broke also rans. At least then I could appreciate the clubs (albeit limited) achievements and victories.

Essien wrote: »
    So what happens if Pep comes in next, fails, then ultimately gets the bullet within a year? The same **** again.

At this stage, anything the club achieves is completely hollow due to the costs incurred, not just financial. I'm starting to wish we'd just go back to being broke also rans. At least then I could appreciate the clubs (albeit limited) achievements and victories.

Jose will come in and mop up Pep's mess and bring success to the club, its written in the stars. ;)

And that's the answer that every Chelsea fan will give. Will be the same answer after the next manager is sacked.

Its the correct answer, its not like Roman is doing a Mike Ashley on the club.

Roman has pumped enough money into the club to do what he feels free, do I agree with it, no, not at times as I think its mad to say the least, especially with some of his advisors and yes men but anyone willing to work with Roman knows full well what they're coming into from the start.

Paul Edwards is now tweeting that Rafa's agent was in touch with Chelsea.

Paul Edwards is a solicitor who works for a firm that represents Rafa.

Things are picking up quickly.

I'd love to be at Cobham this morning.

• Advertisement

Things are picking up quickly.

I'd love to be at Cobham this morning.
    BBC saying Chelsea hope to make a statement today on a new manager.
    Rafa is in Abu Dhabi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone shocked?

Not shocked just pissed off at how the club is a shambles :mad: and if people think that Guardiola is the saviour they are deluded.

Rafa is in Abu Dhabi

I'd say the statement wont give a name just that they're working on a replacement and hope to have him named in the coming days.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone shocked?

Nope and thats the problem.

Although when the team was named it was evident if he lost he was going to be under huge pressure I just didnt think it would come to this.

Its weird, AVB's team was leaked hours before the Napoli game and it had some mad changes and he was sacked.......fast forward a few months what happens? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im loving all the hatered for us, all the nonsense comments about us.
    DiMatteo has not got the best from our players in quite some time and if Roman feels he can replace DiMatteo with some one better so be it.

Every Chelsea fan owes Roman for the success he has brought to our club, more to come from him

All hail Roman!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan today.

This is all I have to say on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I'd say the statement wont give a name just that they're working on a replacement and hope to have him named in the coming days.

Mark Hughes in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Rafa is in Abu Dhabi

The BBC are also reporting Rafa is due to fly to the UK this week. I think the announcement due from Chelsea today will be about a caretaker manager for the Man City game on the weekend.

what a day wrote: »
    Im loving all the hatered for us, all the nonsense comments about us.
    DiMatteo has not got the best from our players in quite some time and if Roman feels he can replace DiMatteo with some one better so be it.

Every Chelsea fan owes Roman for the success he has brought to our club, more to come from him

All hail Roman!!!!!!!!
    What hatred?
    I think the majority just have sympathy towards Di Matteo

What hatred?
    I think the majority just have sympathy towards Di Matteo

I think he means hatred towards Chelsea and not RDM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sky sports saying ambramovich hopes to appoint someone by the end of the day?

just caught the end of it so dunno how accurate/truthful it is

sky sports saying ambramovich hopes to appoint someone by the end of the day?

just caught the end of it so dunno how accurate/truthful it is

If this is true then its very surprising as RDM was doing very well up until the end of Oct. It just shows that Roman only gave Robbie a contract because thats what the fans wanted, he obviously couldn't wait for a slip up so he could show him the door.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement