Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I dont think it will be that much of a disaster. We've made more than enough money from this run to cover any losses and we can still attract the right type of player as City did.
    One thing is clear, Roman wont gamble on the manager again and thats why I dont think Robbie will be selected but offered No2 again.
    Roman will go for someone more experinced this time, no idea who, but more than ever AVB proved that man management is an important quality.

One thing that struck me about Mikel's recent comments was

“You would go into training and think ‘should I train well?’ And then you’d think probably not because you won’t be playing on Saturday. It was things like that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251046/John-Obi-Mikel-Andre-Villas-Boas-wouldn-t-listen/

Now, surely, as a professional, you should train "well" regardless, especially if that could mean you get selected???

Thats the sort of attitude that needs to be cut out IMO

RDM won't accept no.2, I don't think he enjoyed it before AVB was sacked and now it would just be degrading.

I can see where Mikel is coming from though, the uncertainty that AVB's method brings can't be good for moral or confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

wow at those Mikle comments. Compare to Romeu:
    Of course I like to hear that, because it is good for me. But they are not the coach! The coach knows what is the best team and he decides. If he decides to leave me on the bench, he has his reasons -- I will have to do something else to play. If you are not playing, it is because you are not deserving of a place, so you have to do better.
    Sometimes at Barcelona I played there, yes. I have no problem -- I just want to play! I have always preferred playing in midfield, though. This is the position I have always wanted to play and I have learned how to play. It doesn't matter if you play at center-back, left-back -- all that matters is that you play. Would I go in the goal? No, I'd only damage the team!

Its not the worst thing for RDM to not be here next season. Goes down as an even bigger legend no matter what happens against Munich and no chance of getting fired next February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Masked Man wrote: »
    wow at those Mikle comments. Compare to Romeu:

Its not the worst thing for RDM to not be here next season. Goes down as an even bigger legend no matter what happens against Munich and no chance of getting fired next February.

This exactly - He will become like Guus, an untouchable legend.
    Although results in the league could have gone better, he started from an unwinnable position and rightly (IMO) went for the cups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

It's going to be a long week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Especially for me, with 5 exams in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I dont think it will be that much of a disaster. We've made more than enough money from this run to cover any losses and we can still attract the right type of player as City did.
    One thing is clear, Roman wont gamble on the manager again and thats why I dont think Robbie will be selected but offered No2 again.
    Roman will go for someone more experinced this time, no idea who, but more than ever AVB proved that man management is an important quality.

One thing that struck me about Mikel's recent comments was

“You would go into training and think ‘should I train well?’ And then you’d think probably not because you won’t be playing on Saturday. It was things like that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251046/John-Obi-Mikel-Andre-Villas-Boas-wouldn-t-listen/

Now, surely, as a professional, you should train "well" regardless, especially if that could mean you get selected???

Thats the sort of attitude that needs to be cut out IMO

I still think anything short of Champ's league football will be a big turn off for any potential signing's. City have the money to throw at signing's + wages, to an extent so do we but we have nowhere near the same clout as we used to have, the clout city have now! Let's face it RA has and will throw his toys out of the pram with the failure to win the CL (look at Grant) I can only imagine his reaction to not even having the chance to play in the comp next season. But all in all I feel it will be a huge negative on the club (maybe disaster is too strong a word but its not far off it) if we don't get CL football!

I can't see RDM taking up the No.2 position I can see him going elsewhere to manage next season over staying here as No.2 if that situation comes about.

Them Mikel comments are just quite simply disgraceful (if they are true that is). One thing is for sure and that is that we need a massive clear out of dead wood from the squad regardless of whom we sign. Fully agree with your last comment, some of the squad ego's need to be taken down a peg or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It would be disrespectful for the club to offer RDM the no. 2 position now after the job he has done. It sounds like the type of thing the muppets than run our club would do though.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It would be disrespectful for the club to offer RDM the no. 2 position now after the job he has done. It sounds like the type of thing the muppets than run our club would do though.

First thought was nah who the **** would do that. Them I remembered the way we treated Ray Wilkins :(

I still think anything short of Champ's league football will be a big turn off for any potential signing's. City have the money to throw at signing's + wages, to an extent so do we but we have nowhere near the same clout as we used to have, the clout city have now! Let's face it RA has and will throw his toys out of the pram with the failure to win the CL (look at Grant) I can only imagine his reaction to not even having the chance to play in the comp next season. But all in all I feel it will be a huge negative on the club (maybe disaster is too strong a word but its not far off it) if we don't get CL football!

I can't see RDM taking up the No.2 position I can see him going elsewhere to manage next season over staying here as No.2 if that situation comes about.

Them Mikel comments are just quite simply disgraceful (if they are true that is). One thing is for sure and that is that we need a massive clear out of dead wood from the squad regardless of whom we sign. Fully agree with your last comment, some of the squad ego's need to be taken down a peg or two!

I dont think we are going to go for all big signings. I think we are mainly trying to get cheaper stars of the future but who are around the 20-23 age like Marin, ones who at this stage of their career are prepared to do without CL football for a season maybe because they havent yet had it.

Maybe 1 or 2 big signings will be attempted, but again, we have a lot of players who I think will play a bigger part next season like De Bruyne.

I agree its better to have it, but we still have buying power and even City will have to sell to buy as Mancini already said (Bye bye Dzeko and Tevez)

We're not a limted company like Pool with an actual budget!;)

I can definitely see Hulk coming and, since Athletico failed to get CL football themselves, possibly Falcao. That'd certainly be a good start anyway.

• Advertisement

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I can definitely see Hulk coming and, since Athletico failed to get CL football themselves, possibly Falcao. That'd certainly be a good start anyway.

Athletico are in big money dodo, so I think if Chelsea are clever, they wont have to pay the current going rates for him and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Athletico are in big money dodo, so I think if Chelsea are clever, they wont have to pay the current going rates for him and others

We surely won't be the only ones in for him though and atletico will be well aware they can get some competition in the bidding.

abelard wrote: »

We surely won't be the only ones in for him though and atletico will be well aware they can get some competition in the bidding.

A lot of the big teams don't need strikers though, that's why he went there in the first place. Perhaps PSG and Juve, I can't really think of anywhere else who'd be willing to pay for him.

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2012/05/13/hulk_tem_acordo_com_o_chelsea.html

First bit says:
    Hulk made his last game with the jersey of FC Porto last Saturday in Vila do Conde. The team already knew FC Porto's Brazilian decision to move from Porto to London,...

Would love this as along as we don't overpay that much. Which we probably will cause Porto seem to despise us.

Masked Man wrote: »
    http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2012/05/13/hulk_tem_acordo_com_o_chelsea.html

First bit says:
    Hulk made his last game with the jersey of FC Porto last Saturday in Vila do Conde. The team already knew FC Porto's Brazilian decision to move from Porto to London,...

Would love this as along as we don't overpay that much. Which we probably will cause Porto seem to despise us.

Just beat me to it!

Chelsea have signed.....The HULK!

Hulk already has an agreement with Chelsea

The FC Porto's Brazilian striker will start the season 2012/2013 in the London club Chelsea.

Hulk made ​​his last game with the jersey of FC Porto last Saturday in Vila do Conde. The team already knew FC Porto's Brazilian decision to move from Porto to London, and should have been the reason why the striker has not played since the beginning.

The SAPO Sports knows that the Brazilian striker has already fired the people closest to the city of Porto, and revealed that changes to the British capital at the beginning of next season.

However, it is unknown if the value agreed by the two clubs since Hulk is shieldedfrom FC Porto for € 100 million, a valid contract until June 2016.

Paragraph 12 of the Dragons went on Sunday, holiday and when you return the business of his transfer to Chelsea is already completed.

Probably arounf the 30-40 million mark and its a likely to be a pre window agreement.

All transfers have to be released to the stock market

Pretty reliable source, they got the Falcao and AVB story right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Just watching the highlights of today's game and Ashley cole is still showing excellent positional sense by sitting next to the hot Physio!!

The sly old dog....

Chelsea "sweating on Malouda injury" LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Chelsea "sweating on Malouda injury" LOL!

In fairness, you'll probably need him with the amount of suspensions you have!

Any word on Cahill and Luiz? Surely the two of them will have to play, even if they are half injured? Well at least one anyway.

I see Bayern got humbled 5-2 by Dortmund at the weekend, nice time to be playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Good post on Cole!!! He is showing his experience :D

Would be a supper siging if we managed to finally get hulk! Still looks like we are going to get Willian aswell, maybe we will finally have a set of wingers on both flanks next season.

As for the Bayern match i dont think there is ever a good time to play them especially when your missing so many starting 11 players.
    I think Luiz and Cahill will be back for it....probably full of injections but they will be there. One might have to start on the bench and Hutch could start for us.

If we are missing Malouda id probably start bertrand to help track Rafinha/Lahm while Cole can consentrate on Robben.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    One might have to start on the bench and Hutch could start for us.

If we are missing Malouda id probably start bertrand to help track Rafinha/Lahm while Cole can consentrate on Robben.

Is Hutch registered for the CL? Their registration system is quite strict, slightly stricter than the PL.

Also, I know it's not Bertrand's favoured position but he's a great crosser. Not ideal but I'd nearly prefer him to Kalou. Thank god we won't have this problem next season, looks like we'll have a few wingers to choose from.

Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer has expressed concern over the club's midfield ahead of Saturday's Champions League final against Chelsea.

Beckenbauer, who captained Bayern to European Cup glory in three consecutive seasons during the 1970s, believes that the line-up manager Jupp Heynckes will most likely field in the showpiece at the club's own Allianz Arena will be "crazily attacking" and "unpredictable".
    The man who led Bayern to the Bundesliga title as manager in 1994 also worries that star central midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will not be fully fit for Bayern's second Champions League final in three seasons this weekend.
    Writing in his column for German newspaper Bild, Beckenbauer said: "I assume that (Thomas) Mueller will come into the starting XI. With (Franck) Ribery, Mueller, (Arjen) Robben, behind them Schweinsteiger and (Toni) Kroos we would have a crazily attacking midfield. But perhaps also a somewhat unpredictable one.
    "With Schweinsteiger you sense that he is still not 100 per cent fit after his injury."
    Bayern did not have the ideal preparation for Saturday's final last weekend, when they were beaten 5-2 in the German Cup final by Borussia Dortmund, the same club who last month had beaten them to the Bundesliga title for the second year in a row.
    "Despite the debacle against Dortmund, the Champions League final is not lost by a long shot," Beckenbauer said. "And I would not like to imagine that Bayern will be without a single title at the end

Is Hutch registered for the CL? Their registration system is quite strict, slightly stricter than the PL.

Also, I know it's not Bertrand's favoured position but he's a great crosser. Not ideal but I'd nearly prefer him to Kalou. Thank god we won't have this problem next season, looks like we'll have a few wingers to choose from.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/clubs/club=52914/index.html

Doesnt look like he is

Sgt peppers lonely wild transfer rumour No 2

Torres + 15M for Falcao - Telemadrid

Telemadrid supposed to be pretty legit

How does Falcao\Mata\Hulk sound? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I see Bayern Munich lost 5-2 in the German cup final to Borossia Dortmund ....

good sign ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Falcao\Mata\Hulk sounds great, I sure as hell wouldnt be giving them Torres + 15Million!

by the sounds of everything going on in the background we could be def in for Hulk and it may already be done, I would LOVE Falcao but not at the expense of Torres, room for both I think!

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me but would be sad to see Torres going. Im Sure id quickly get over it once i saw Falcao in the Chelsea strip.

Hulk is a player we could certanly do with especially since hazard is going to City. Seems like we have missed out massive the past couple of seasons.

We should have signed Aguero when we had the chance!
    How did we miss out on the likes of Silva, Ashley Young, Kompany etc

I have to say iv been empressed by our latest signings like Cahill, Ramires Mata, Luiz. Keep up the good work Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Agree .

We will see a day in the near future when all the old guard will no longer represent the spine of a Chelsea team and its great to see these new signings gel.

Hopefully Marin and one or two other signings this summer, coupled with a few of our promising youngsters also progress to be first team regulars next season.

We most likely cant compete with City or the Spanish clubs for the extravagantly expensive players, but our CL run this season shows what can be achieved when there is proper unity and spirit at the club (plus a wee sprinkling of luck).

what a day wrote: »
    I have to say iv been empressed by our latest signings like Cahill, Ramires Mata, Luiz. Keep up the good work Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

That link does not have any info (now).

Anyway, I would doubt they (Abramovich) will leave Torres go this season, especially after just coming good at the tail end of the season.
    I would also doubt he will be left go until they can make more money out of him. If Torres can score more goals, he will be worth more to sell. At the moment, he isn't yet proven to be the striker of old and he needs a few more goals to prove he is worth serious cash.

cadaliac wrote: »
    That link does not have any info (now).

Anyway, I would doubt they (Abramovich) will leave Torres go this season, especially after just coming good at the tail end of the season.
    I would also doubt he will be left go until they can make more money out of him. If Torres can score more goals, he will be worth more to sell. At the moment, he isn't yet proven to be the striker of old and he needs a few more goals to prove he is worth serious cash.

I think Torres and 15 million for Falcao is the best we'll ever get for Torres, considering that Falcao cost Athletico 40 million, and his value has only risen since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Cant see them going for that deal tbh. Cash is king these days .
    I think Torres and 15 million for Falcao is the best we'll ever get for Torres, considering that Falcao cost Athletico 40 million, and his value has only risen since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I love how the press are only thinking about Manchester for the title next season.
    While we quietly go about our business and plan to come back strong to challenge.

We are the forgotten billionaires ;)

Aquila wrote: »
    Lads we should congratulate or commiserate :o gavredking on his appointment of mod in the soccer forum!

Where the hell is he?? i miss him on here!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

He is usually in every morning for his constitution , congrats on the modship , good to have a blue on board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

An update on injuries..
    Gary Cahill and David Luiz will both train with the rest of the squad on Tuesday afternoon, but Florent Malouda is a doubt for Munich.
    Neither defender has featured since picking up injuries last month, Cahill in the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona and David Luiz in the FA Cup semi against Tottenham, but both are in with a chance of featuring in Munich.
    Roberto Di Matteo said on Tuesday lunchtime: 'We are working towards that. Gary and David are going to try and train with us today.
    'Florent Malouda we still have to assess and it will be touch and go for him to be available for Saturday.'
    Malouda was withdrawn towards the end of the first half in our final Barclays Premier League game against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday.
    With four suspensions for Saturday's Bayern Munich clash, Di Matteo admitted he is having problems selecting a side. If the three doubts do not make it, he said youngsters will fill the holes in the squad.
    'That's the worst-case scenario,' the Italian explained. 'If then, we will take some reserve team players on to the bench or the squad, and figure out what to do. I have been trying different options in training for a solution, just in case.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Aquila wrote: »
    Lads we should congratulate or commiserate :o gavredking on his appointment of mod in the soccer forum!

The feckin ITK's missed that one :p

Congrats Gav :)

Are you mad though?

Drogba linked with Barcelona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

amiable wrote: »
    Drogba linked with Barcelona

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I see Ladbrokes have shortened the odds to 5/1 Barca is his next club. In other news, has anyone seen him in this video?! Skip to 3.50.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

David Luiz @DavidLuiz_4

I'm so happy! I love football

Someone's feeling fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

David Luiz @DavidLuiz_4

I'm so happy! I love football

Someone's feeling fit
    Lets hope he tweets that again sat night.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-15/champions-league-win-may-determine-samsung-s-backing-of-chelsea.html
    Chelsea’s jersey sponsorship contract with Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) may hinge on the London soccer team’s performance in the May 19 Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

“Being associated with a winning team is much better than a failing team so it’s natural that Samsung should wish Chelsea could win,” Hwang said in an interview in London. “Of course that will play an important role when we decide whether or not we renew the contract.”

Absolute ****.

The sooner we sign a deal with The Qataris the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Just beat me to it!

WAGNH? Best Chelsea webstie going.

Also:

Gsx02.jpg

9WOpj.pngY73mR.png

tOggy.png

GTRCR.jpg

Source?

Sorry Willy, Only noticed this post now.
    It was widely reported a couple of weeks ago and resurfaced via twitter again today through some reliable people.

Another doing the rounds tonight is that only one of John Terry or Rio Ferdinand will travel to the Euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just back from the Blackburn game. Stayed a few days extra as its the G/F's bday soon so was out of coverage.

A few things. Luiz will definetly be fit. He was running around with Hialrio and P.Ferriera kids after the game. :pac:

Drogbas lap of honour was very long. Thanked and applaued tge whole ground, the shed end sang songs about him throught the game, id expect him to be gone.

I couldnt post about it but i was asked to be a mod 2weeks ago and said id take up the offer. Hope I can do the forum justice.

Hope none of ye are bad or the ban hammer will be out :pac:

Ill try get up pictures 2mw or something.

Now rumours that Rio is out of the Euros through injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

England thread thata way
    >

MUSEIST wrote: »

England thread thata way
    >
    Im sorry. I thought this was the Chelsea thread and I made a post about the Chelsea captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Congrats Gav, another worthy poster joins the Mod team!
    Hapes a Chelsea fans mods!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement