Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Any links/quotes to the presser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Good first presser by Rafa:)

Bit deluded, he thinks we stand a chance in the CL!

New Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez believes the team can still win all five trophies they are competing for this season.
    At his official unveiling at Stamford Bridge this evening, Benitez said: 'The most important thing is I'm here because I want to be here. It's a massive a club, a club which allows me to fight for trophies.
    'I was looking for the right opportunity at a top side to fight for a trophy. I don't care about the short term. I want to win every game - we have five trophies to fight for and at the end we will see what happens.

'In seven months you can win some trophies and I'm sure at the end everyone will be delighted. I analyzed the squad. Can they win trophies? Yes. How many trophies can they win? We have five opportunities. I have more desire, more hunger to win trophies than before

'I have a very good relationship with Pep Guardiola and you never know what will happen in the future.

'For sure, I like to do things in the right way for the fans. But I'm sure they will be happy with a manger with a winning mentality and who wants to win games. In the end I hope they will be please.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237017/Rafa-Benitez-starts-Chelsea-Fernando-Torres--pictures.html#ixzz2CyioIUei
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

'I have a very good relationship with Pep Guardiola and you never know what will happen in the future.

Thats an interesting quote, Pep as manager and Rafa assistant next season :eek:

Bamford's gone to MK Dons on loan

Dons have completed the signing of 19-year-old Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford on an emergency loan deal which runs until January 7.
    The signing was completed just minutes before the close of the loan window today.
    Bamford, an England U19 international, will link up with his new team mates before Saturday’s home game with Colchester and he will be able to play against AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup next week.
    He signed a five year deal with Chelsea in January, a club he joined from Nottingham Forest for a reported £1.5million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Some people want bans handed out just for the sake of it, As far as we know Mikel was told that a referee called him a monkey, what way do you expect him to react? I'm not justifying what he allegedly said or done but I would have sympathy for the lad given the circumstances.
    Issuing threats of physical assault is not what you would expect. On the pitch he is supposed to keep calm and assess a situation as it develops in play. You would expect the same reaction. I would assume he was frustrated and annoyed with the refs performance but still a poor response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

More from Benny

Yes, he's bringing back Malouda and will try and re-sign Kalou in Jan

Rafa Benitez addressed the media at Stamford Bridge on Thursday following on from his shock appointment as interim first team manager by signaling his intent and revealing how it was impossible to turn down the lure of the European Champions.

“This is a massive club that allows me to fight for trophies, when you have a chance like this, you have to take it.”

“The fans and manager want to win every single game, nobody wants to win more than fans and manager. At the end I think that they will be pleased.”

“I will try to win from day one. In seven months we can win some trophies. I don’t care about the short-term, what I have in my head is to win every game. We have five trophies to fight for. We will see what happens, in seven months we can win some trophies.”

With many supporters of the Blues reeling from his predecessor Roberto Di Matteo’s inglorious sacking in the wake of Chelsea’s 3-0 defeat in Turin against Juventus, the media’s eyes were once more fixed to SW6 as tensions among the fan-base run high.

“I like to do things in the right way for the fans because at the end of the day it will be good for me,” explained the former Inter boss.

“I am sure they will be happy with a manager who has this winning mentality, this passion for the game, and will do everything he can to win games. I can understand that it is not easy at the beginning, people can have doubts but in the end I think they will be pleased.”

Previous derogatory comments made towards the Blues fan-base have damaged relations between the former Valencia and Liverpool manager and the supporters at Chelsea and while results may prove to be positive, it will take more than a comfortable league position to silence the dissenting voices. The Spaniard was bullish in the face of questioning on his comments but argued that he was fighting his former clubs corner and would do so for Chelsea now he is charge of the European Champions.

“I want to be honest, if I say this or that, I have to analyse the context. We can analyse every sentence and I can say yes or no I regret this. In the past I was playing against Chelsea, a top side, in the semi-finals of the Champions League and if I am a fan I like to see my manager fight for my team, trying to win every game and doing almost everything, so I don’t see a lack of respect for Chelsea fans, it was more a manager defending his team against another top side. I am sure they will like to see me defending my club now in the way I defended Liverpool at this time.”

Benitez’s long standing association with Liverpool is an obstacle that many Chelsea supporters cannot overlook and it is these doubters that the Spaniard must address if he is to win over the Stamford Bridge faithful.

Having had success on the continent domestically and with his European pedigree at Anfield well known to those on these shores, the Premier League remains an elusive trophy and when pushed on the significance of success in the competition with his new side the manager was visibly pressured.

“If I look at my CV I have won every trophy, not in England but then Guardiola has not won the Premier League.”

“We can win 5 trophies, of course we can win games and have injuries but my aim is to win.”

Presumably his first task will be to attempt to resolve the ongoing crisis surrounding misfiring striker Fernando Torres. With thousands of column inches dedicated to working out quite where the £50 million, British transfer record striker has gone wrong it will not be an easy job. His promising early season form has given way to anonymous and underwhelming performances.

It seems that for the first time in the two years he has been at the club, the fans patience with the Spaniard seems to be wearing thin. Benitez signed Torres for Liverpool during his tenure at Anfield and without doubt had the striker playing his most devastatingly brilliant football. It remains to be seen whether or not Benitez will be able to guide his former protégée back to his goal-scoring best.

He was coy when pressed on his initial impressions after his reuinion with the No.9 but remained confident he would perform when called upon.

“I know everybody will be talking about Fernando and today I was talking with him like I was talking with the other players and his attitude was good.”

“Everybody has been talking about him and how he was not doing well and I was the same because I was watching games and his attitude was really poor, and today it was the same as all the others.”

“He trained with a good attitude and he will improve, Fernando is a top class player, but I saw many today with a great attitude.”

“I will try to improve him.”

With the January transfer window looming and deals still not in place to secure the futures of Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard, Benitez revealed that dialogue with those in charge would take place if targets were needed. Florent Malouda was also offered a glimmer of hope as he currently trains with the youth team after being frozen out under Di Matteo.

“From what I know and see is that if they do the best for the team, then it is no problem.”

“They are behind me because they trust me, think I can do well, that we have a good team and he thinks I can do well with these players. The principle object is I have to win games.”

“I will talk to the (people in charge) about new players if I feel it is needed.”

Ultimately, for many Chelsea fans his new teams performances on the field will determine their views on him and he was resolute in his goals for the European Champions.

“I think that the priority of the fans is to win the game, I will do my best for them and for the team.”

“What will happen in the future I don’t know. When you analyse why go to a top side for seven months – it’s because you can win trophies.”

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

So far so good. H'on Benitez! Also, sign us Xabi Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Did Chelsea not try zonal marking already during the dark Scolari period?

Dont bring back Malouda, if he does I'll feel like hes trolling the fans. :o

• Advertisement

Somethign that made me laugh this morning.

75924_450515525007368_2122488149_n.jpg

Did Chelsea not try zonal marking already during the dark Scolari period?

Yes I think they did, but if anyone can make it work, I guess Benny can.

Fergie takes an early swipe
    (But i do agree with him!)

Manchester United boss took a swipe at new Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez at Friday's press conference.

Chelsea have got rid of another manager this week after Roberto Di Matteo bit the dust.

And while Ferguson expressed sympathy with the Italian, he could not resist a dig at new interim Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez, with whom he has had a tempestuous relationship.

"Everyone feels for Roberto Di Matteo, and quite rightly," said Ferguson.

"It is quite amazing when you think that he has won the FA Cup and the Champions League.

"The biggest disappointment for me is that in two weeks' time they are going to the world championship (FIFA Club World Cup). You would have thought they would have waited to give the guy a chance to win it.

"Rafa Benitez is very lucky because on his CV in two weeks' time he could have two world championships to his name - and has had nothing to do with the teams.

"Jose Mourinho won the treble with Inter Milan. He (Benitez) took over and won the world championship without having to do anything and having nothing to do with the construction of the teams."

Good old Fergie getting in the first blow. :D

He is right though about everything, especially the sacking of RDM, everyone thinks its silly, espeically us, the fans but we've to go forward with what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Obviously Fergie has been around for years and knows his stuff, but Sky Sports giving him his own "breaking news Fergies thoughts on Benitez" is just ridiculous, he's just another manager at the end of the day not GOD. They make out that whatever his opinion may be that its fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I see the fake 2007 Rafa quote is in print in Today's Mail alongside Neil Ashton's shyte stirring article. Good to see that the Mail's checking of quotes is as reliable as ever.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    I see the fake 2007 Rafa quote is in print in Today's Mail alongside Neil Ashton's shyte stirring article. Good to see that the Mail's checking of quotes is as reliable as ever.:D

How Ashton is so highly regarded in the media world is amazing and he does seem to get inside info

article-2236894-162A63A4000005DC-176_634x388.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    How Ashton is so highly regarded in the media world is amazing and he does seem to get inside info

Would ye expect anything else from the Daily Mail at this stage?

See Hughes got the sack, I imagine all the punters who had him as first out the door are fairly pee'd, bookies must have made a fortune on 1st manager sacked.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »

article-2236894-162A63A4000005DC-176_634x388.jpg

Is that Mata trying to score through Torres legs? :D
    Or is Rafa saying "Now Torres, that round thing is the ball, and big netty thing is the goal"!

Or is Rafa saying "Now Torres, that round thing is the ball, and big netty thing is the goal"!

Torres on goal v City? If he cant score he might keep them out, Cech upfront, plenty of long ball. ;)

Marin is visible in another pic, so he is real and not just a ghost that we've never seen. :o

Torres on goal v City? If he cant score he might keep them out, Cech upfront, plenty of long ball. ;)

Marin is visible in another pic, so he is real and not just a ghost that we've never seen. :o

Wow, you can recognise the blurred back of a chelsea player - im impressed\slightly worried for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Maybe rafa is playing defence vs Torres to boost his confidence?

Would ye expect anything else from the Daily Mail at this stage?

See Hughes got the sack, I imagine all the punters who had him as first out the door are fairly pee'd, bookies must have made a fortune on 1st manager sacked.

QPR to try for RDM?

Or maybe 'Onest 'Arry?

Would doubt RDM would go to QPR he is far better than that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Where is Kalou playing now?

QPR to try for RDM?

Or maybe 'Onest 'Arry?

'Arry I'd reckon, be weird if RDM walked striaght into another job, especially the QPR job, I reckon 'Arry and he'll keep them up if they go on a decent run between now and January.
    Where is Kalou playing now?

Lille.

Cant see why RDM would, QPR definitely have potential with a good few quid behind them but surely he will get offers of jobs from bigger clubs. Also he would know there is no love lost between the supporters, he still needs to put bread on the table but if he got the we will pay you till you get a new job deal then he can make afford to hang on.

Fergie has wasted no time in having a pop at the new manager, does he fear him or still just really dislike him?

At least our next manager is now available! :eek:

At least our next manager is now available! :eek:

Mark Hughes? :pac:

• Advertisement

Cant see why RDM would, QPR definitely have potential with a good few quid behind them but surely he will get offers of jobs from bigger clubs. Also he would know there is no love lost between the supporters, he still needs to put bread on the table but if he got the we will pay you till you get a new job deal then he can make afford to hang on.

Fergie has wasted no time in having a pop at the new manager, does he fear him or still just really dislike him?

I dont think Fergie fears any manager, he has no reason to so I'm going to say he just doesn't like him which would make a whole lot of sense with the ex-Liverpool connections, TBH I dont think Rafa has lost any love for Mr. Ferguson either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sitting down watching Chelsea recently and the missus turns to me, points at Mata and says "Mata looks like a skinny Rooney. With hair"

#cantbeunseen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sitting down watching Chelsea recently and the missus turns to me, points at Mata and says "Mata looks like a skinny Rooney. With hair"

#cantbeunseen

I'll go one better and present this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWVvFtpG9XTve4RgU4Mu45zEzCf-9wgW46RjyhJ5V1vSTRon3s

:pac:

I dont think Fergie fears any manager, he has no reason to so I'm going to say he just doesn't like him which would make a whole lot of sense with the ex-Liverpool connections, TBH I dont think Rafa has lost any love for Mr. Ferguson either.

Could have been a bit clearer there, yea didn't mean fear in that sense but more we do have a very good team if the new manager gets it purring then we would be strong contenders for the league. If he gets in his head first that may not happen, could be a bit of both but yea I think there is a very mutual dislike going on there.

Could have been a bit clearer there, yea didn't mean fear in that sense but more we do have a very good team if the new manager gets it purring then we would be strong contenders for the league. If he gets in his head first that may not happen, could be a bit of both but yea I think there is a very mutual dislike going on there.

If Fergie doesnt fear our team after the recent game he never will.

An o.g. and offside goal and 2 players sent off is all it took to beat us. ;)

Fergie is smart enough to know our squad are definetly contenders so getting in the first dig will start the mind games early, I'm just hoping Rafa pulls out a masterplan against City.

Would agree that he does not fear any other manager using the dictionary defintion of the word, but there is certainly a pattern in that his spats are nearly always with the managers of clubs that can have some impact upon the fortunes of his United team rather than with the managers of clubs that would not be real rivals for silverware or a CL place.

I think with Ferguson, you will notice a pattern of his compliments going mostly to managers of non threatening teams, and his sour sounding comments towards managers of rival clubs getting called mind games by the media.

They seem to be called mind games when you have a club that can win most games, but if you are a Neil Warnock type managing a weaker club then they get called small time comments.

So now that the FA have concluded the Clattenberg affair will the referees organisation take it further, just wondering with the 4th paragraph of Riley's statement. It will be interesting to see how referees take to us now starting with Foy on Sunday seen as it is the first time he has reffed us since QPR away last season.

http://www.kickitout.org/news.php/news_id/5684?

Personally would have thought better for all if it just goes away now but I am sure it was very distressing for Clattenberg.

So now that the FA have concluded the Clattenberg affair will the referees organisation take it further, just wondering with the 4th paragraph of Riley's statement. It will be interesting to see how referees take to us now starting with Foy on Sunday seen as it is the first time he has reffed us since QPR away last season.

Personally would have thought better for all if it just goes away now but I am sure it was very distressing for Clattenberg.

Oh christ. :eek: That was a game I dont want to remember in a hurry.

From next month the ref's mic will be recording which is a good thing IMO, it will offer the ref some protection if he books a guy for mouthing off he'll have a reason for it been justified.

I cant imagine any ref will go out to delibrately screw us over as they'll be assesed on their performance and could be demoted for the following weekend, unless the entire ref's union are going to go agaisnt I just cant see it.

Hope Clattenburg can get back into it now hes innocent, be interesting to see what happens Mikel.

Will Rafa take a gamble and shuffle Luiz forward into DM when Mikel is banned?

If the powers that be are serious about protecting refs (and I think they should be it is a difficult job) then why not help them. I would like to see a situation akin to rugby where the only person allowed to query a decision is the captain. In rugby it is not unusual for a captain to address the referee as sir at worst he is referred to as ref.

In big games at least the officials are all miked up (I also agree recording them is sensible) why not extend that the assessor in the stands can hear what the officials are saying as well (he has no need to communicate with them just listen). You can then rule that a referee should address players in a certain manner and players can address the referee in a certain manner and only the captain allowed to contend decisions. Players having a pop at the ref should then be issued a yellow card, and it will make things much easier for the ref as all he has to say is "its the rules and I have to book you because if I don't the assessor will have heard and he will report it, you will then get a retrospective yellow card and I will be in the mire".

There was a half hearted attempt to move the ball on 10m a few years back but it was rarely enforced and that is as much the referees fault as anyone else's. But if the assessor in the stand can hear exactly what the ref can hear and it is recorded then it must be easier for the ref to administer what ever needs to be done.

We could be without Mikel for a while if you throw in the African cup as well so does he make do with Ram (who I think can do that job but could be a bit of a waste of his talents) or does he think Romeu is ready for the job. Might be worth giving Luiz a shot if he can be disciplined enough

edit : I agree on the ref points you made but theres been no real effort by UEFA or FIFA to address the problems that have been persistent for sometime now, they could try and bring in the Rugby style officiating approach but I'm not sure it would work, I suppose it would if they came down hard on players acting up, easier said then done when you have a few thousand fans on your back too, more so then the Rugby crowd IMO.

Well with Mikel gone, we'll only have Romeu & Lamps to play next to Ramires.

With Luiz and Ramires I think we'd be opened up very easily but we'd be a hell of a lot more mobile then any other option inside there.

• Advertisement

edit : I agree on the ref points you made but theres been no real effort by UEFA or FIFA to address the problems that have been persistent for sometime now, they could try and bring in the Rugby style officiating approach but I'm not sure it would work, I suppose it would if they came down hard on players acting up, easier said then done when you have a few thousand fans on your back too, more so then the Rugby crowd IMO.

With Luiz and Ramires I think we'd be opened up very easily but we'd be a hell of a lot more mobile then any other option inside there.

Lots of talk of us moving for Paulinho in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I have no doubt Luiz would make a great DM but i think we have enough in Lampard Ramires and Oriol to cover the CDM roles. Id imagine Rafa will give Oriol plenty of game time during this period.

Oriol is the closest thing to Mikel we have in his role and he would be suited to play along side Ramires IMO. Both full of energy and will run their guts out to close players down. This is one tactic i do admire Rafa for, he gets his teams to press and close down and work hard.

I dont think Romeu is good enough.

If Rafa can get him playing reguarly maybe that would change but I just cant see it TBH.

Yea it has been ongoing really for too long, generally speaking if most people abused other people in their jobs as referee's sometimes get abused you would not last too long. There is no effort by the powers that be to get rid of it, it can be done just needs the will to do it.

I dont think Romeu is good enough.

If Rafa can get him playing reguarly maybe that would change but I just cant see it TBH.

Not sure he is good enough neither, thought when he first joined he looked the part but his last few games have been very poor. If Josh was still there would advocate giving him a shot but alas not.

I wonder if we will recall De Bruyne (? spelling) in January he seems to be doing rather well in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

If the powers that be are serious about protecting refs (and I think they should be it is a difficult job) then why not help them. I would like to see a situation akin to rugby where the only person allowed to query a decision is the captain. In rugby it is not unusual for a captain to address the referee as sir at worst he is referred to as ref.

In big games at least the officials are all miked up (I also agree recording them is sensible) why not extend that the assessor in the stands can hear what the officials are saying as well (he has no need to communicate with them just listen). You can then rule that a referee should address players in a certain manner and players can address the referee in a certain manner and only the captain allowed to contend decisions. Players having a pop at the ref should then be issued a yellow card, and it will make things much easier for the ref as all he has to say is "its the rules and I have to book you because if I don't the assessor will have heard and he will report it, you will then get a retrospective yellow card and I will be in the mire".

There was a half hearted attempt to move the ball on 10m a few years back but it was rarely enforced and that is as much the referees fault as anyone else's. But if the assessor in the stand can hear exactly what the ref can hear and it is recorded then it must be easier for the ref to administer what ever needs to be done.

Listened to a great interview with one of the former refs, can't remember which one, but he has some excellent points comparing the rugby ref situation with the football one, specifically on the micing up of refs, and the possible punishments to prevent players abusing the ref verbally.

For the micing up of refs he felt it was a great idea as excerpts could be released after a game showing exactly the language used by players against the ref. He thinks a couple of weeks of the players hearing exactly what they said, and the public judging them on it, would stamp out bad language almost immediately. Another ref last night made a different argument and felt that publicly releasing recordings of the ref would have an adverse reaction on the banter between refs and players, which could actually hamper their job. It's an interesting debate either way.

As for the punishments to stop players abusing the ref, he spoke about the 10m free kick rule. He said they were trying to emulate rugby with that rule but found that it's not very effective in football. In rugby the difference between a 40m and a 30m penalty could be 3 points. However in football moving the free kick forward 10m only has an effect if it the free is near the box and moving it 10m forward turns a free kick into a penalty. And that's why it never worked.

I'm in favour of the captain only being allowed to speak to the ref and if anyone else says two words out of place to him they get booked. A few weeks of sending offs will sort it out. Only issue there is what if the captain is a player far away from most infringements, e.g. goalie. Also a refs decision making really needs to be as good as possible for that to be fair, which it isn't at the moment. However bring in a video ref and it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Oriol did look class when he first signed for us but we cant write him off after 2 or 3 bad performances. He is still very young for his position and has a lot to learn.

I dont think we should recall any of our players TBH, id leave them were they are as long as they are getting games and doing well for themselves, let them grow.
    I would not be suprized at all if we bought Falcao in January any way so to recall Lukaku i think would be a mistake when Sturridge is not getting a chance.

This is turning out to be a really weird season for me but i taught the same last season and that turned out well so fingers crossed Rafa becomes our new Hiddink : - )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its good to get the racism claim behind him and the FA, but having said that, his standard of refereeing on the day was very bad. The whole racism thing wholly overtook any other issues there were with the poor standards of the officials at the match. I note too that the other officials did not hear anything though their ear phones when he was talking to Mikel. Do they mean nothing at all or just nothing racist? The standard of FA refereeing is good mostly, but the FA needs to be aware that it can be very bad at times.

Listened to a great interview with one of the former refs, can't remember which one, but he has some excellent points comparing the rugby ref situation with the football one, specifically on the micing up of refs, and the possible punishments to prevent players abusing the ref verbally.

For the micing up of refs he felt it was a great idea as excerpts could be released after a game showing exactly the language used by players against the ref. He thinks a couple of weeks of the players hearing exactly what they said, and the public judging them on it, would stamp out bad language almost immediately. Another ref last night made a different argument and felt that publicly releasing recordings of the ref would have an adverse reaction on the banter between refs and players, which could actually hamper their job. It's an interesting debate either way.

As for the punishments to stop players abusing the ref, he spoke about the 10m free kick rule. He said they were trying to emulate rugby with that rule but found that it's not very effective in football. In rugby the difference between a 40m and a 30m penalty could be 3 points. However in football moving the free kick forward 10m only has an effect if it the free is near the box and moving it 10m forward turns a free kick into a penalty. And that's why it never worked.

I'm in favour of the captain only being allowed to speak to the ref and if anyone else says two words out of place to him they get booked. A few weeks of sending offs will sort it out. Only issue there is what if the captain is a player far away from most infringements, e.g. goalie. Also a refs decision making really needs to be as good as possible for that to be fair, which it isn't at the moment. However bring in a video ref and it would work.

There is plenty of banter between the ref and players in rugby for the most part however this is how to deal with comments that are shall we say unhelpful. There is no room for doubt who is in charge after that little chat, mind you Nigel is one of the best referees in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoBNFOxlQM

• Advertisement

If Rafa doesnt start with a win I can see alot of the fans turning even more on him after the whistle.

Its a big ask for Rafa but he was willing to take on the job, I hope he can produce for us, I have faith that he will, the guy has ebough experience that he'll get us going again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement