Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The problem is Torres. I like the guy and I want him to do well. But he's a busted flush. He has no pace, no touch, no killer instinct and no confidence. He is done at the highest level.

Chelsea have other problems and deficiencies like any team. But they are minor. You would be amazed how quickly they would forgotten with a world class striker thrown in there. A striker will be bought in January I would wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Ye see Kev and PistolPete

we are not fickle.

We are real people and real fans. Who enjoy the pain as well as the pleasure ( Like a good dominatrix!)

Who realise that you cant have a sunrise without the dark night that precedes it.

In other words, we are lovers of CFC through THICK AND THIN.

Who can see that there is a balance in everything.

who can foresee that UTD will go into decline when Fergie goes... and Fergie time ceases to exist !! ha ha

we can see that City's owners will eventually be broke due to changes in the oil economy.

As fans, we see and hope for everything. For that is what is makes us poets and adventurers. Always sailing in expectation and anticipation.

We love Chelsea, not Roman Abramovich.

We will always love Chelsea.

Love. that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Kirby wrote: »
    The problem is Torres. I like the guy and I want him to do well. But he's a busted flush. He has no pace, no touch, no killer instinct and no confidence. He is done at the highest level.

Chelsea have other problems and deficiencies like any team. But they are minor. You would be amazed how quickly they would forgotten with a world class striker thrown in there. A striker will be bought in January I would wager.

I do agree but I still wouldn't underestimate the effect that the severe self confidence issues he obviously has is having on him he's just not to be able to cope with the pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kirby wrote: »
    The problem is Torres. I like the guy and I want him to do well. But he's a busted flush. He has no pace, no touch, no killer instinct and no confidence. He is done at the highest level..

Have to agree. We all thought that Torres would come good eventually, that surely he'd rediscover his form at some stage. But it seems clear now that that isn't going to happen. He has lost his touch, his pace, his confidence, and in all honesty he just isn't much good any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

At least Sheva had the odd class goal and game.

I love Torres, think he was (in his day) one of the best centre forwards going. But now... he just is not up to the task. I seriously feel so sorry for the chap. I remember screaming with joy when he scored his first goal for Chelsea against West Ham and seriously believed "This is it!" (as in, he would starting banging the goals in for Chelsea then).

But there have been so many "This is it" moments now, that they mean nothing. The most famous one being THAT goal against Barcelona. But even at that, it was not the most difficult goal to score and in the end meant nothing, as Chelsea were still going through to the final at that point on away goals. All it meant was that every Chelsea fan could sit back, relax and enjoy the last few moments of that game.

I also think Torres wants to play well, he always looks utterly gutted when he misses an opportunity. But I think he is half scared to pop off shots. He's always trying for the perfect angle, the perfect shot. If he popped off a few shots, he might get a goal or two.

I'm probably the last one still clinging to that hope that "today will be the day" for Nando. I sincerely hope something clicks (especially now under Rafa) and with no major big guns coming up in the next few weeks (Everton being the biggest threat some time in December), it could be the time for him to bang in a few.

And I consider myself an atheist, yet I still believe Torres can be class for Chelsea... :P Maybe more fool I am, but I hope we can all be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan for way too long, I dont appreciate histrionics, and expendability, and throwing your dummy out of the *****in pram when things go cloudy for a day or two.
    In fairness, there's not a feckin' chance in hell we would've won a CL and FA Cup last season under AVB. We were going nowhere.
    Roman didn't want to sack him, but he took the loss of having to pay him off and it resulted in one of the best seasons in our history. (We even ended the year in profit!)

I don't for a second agree with how RDM was treated, but there must be more to this than the previous months results. The lack of RDM in the media, and players giving their opinions since him leaving sort of back up this theory.

Really think anyone calling for Abramovich to leave is completely deluded too. Bates ran the club into the ground ffs! We were days away from administration until Roman came in and gave us the best 9 years in the clubs history. Without Roman, we could've been just another Leeds Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It was obvious from the beginning that RDM was never 1st choice for the job, I dont think anybody can argue that, IMO the job was too big for him at this stage of his career. Having said that I think the way he was sacked has left a bad taste in every fans mouth.

However I actually felt embarassed yesterday watching all those fans with their "Benitez Out" posters. I dont know why people are so angered by the Benitez appointment, he's a great manager, so what if he managed a rival team, its only football.

Also those calling for RA to leave the club are absolutely crazy, hes obviously a bit quick to fire a manager, but without him there wouldn't even be a Chelsea, so people need to be a little more grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy but frustrated with the point yesterday.

We created very little as City really dominated a lot of the game, I didnt expect Rafa to come in and work magic but I'm happy with the clean sheet which is a good start.

I did find myself shouting a Chirs Foy for a lot of little decisions and the more it went on the more I was shouting conspiracy theories over the Clattenburg incident. :o

We have to sort out our CM, Ramires and Mikel played well on the defensive bit offered nothing going forward of note and cant create much between them, Mata was way off yesterday, Oscar and Hazard werent much better, Torres done his usual good shift but nothing of threat, Moses was ineffective, the back line was good, solid, together, I do agree with Cech's kicking and it has been bad for sometime, his aimless lumps are absolutely useless and often give up possesion.

Decent foundations laid yesterday though, hopefully something to build on.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

blue-army wrote: »
    In fairness, there's not a feckin' chance in hell we would've won a CL and FA Cup last season under AVB. We were going nowhere.

Really think anyone calling for Abramovich to leave is completely deluded too. Bates ran the club into the ground ffs! We were days away from administration until Roman came in and gave us the best 9 years in the clubs history. Without Roman, we could've been just another Leeds Utd.

I have no argument with you there, my friend. Yes, both Leeds and us were both precarious financially. And yes, I have no delusions about some of the trophies that we won. Dont get me wrong. I love Chelsea ( over 40 years at this rate!) .

I do think we are a joke and a laughing stock at this stage, and I dont like it.
    I dont care what others say or think about Chelsea. But I do care about how I feel, and at this moment the club is being run as a very tawdry soap opera.

I am tired of Paris throwing her toys out of the pram. Enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It's amazing the difference between us and city in the striking options. They started with Dzeko and aguero and with 20 minutes to go they brought on tevez and then balotelli. We have not got a single striker who can match any of man city's options. Thats the fundamental difference between the sides IMO.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It's amazing the difference between us and city in the striking options. They started with Dzeko and aguero and with 20 minutes to go they brought on tevez and then balotelli. We have not got a single striker who can match any of man city's options. Thats the fundamental difference between the sides IMO.

They still didnt create anything short of half chances thoug which hopefully means a better defensive side of things.

I was convinced we'd ship a goal and get a score draw, in fact I had btts in an accum. that let me down for €280 quid. :(

No christmas presentys for anyone. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

well you can't win football matches if you can't score goals! and either of our striker's can't score goals, just another example of the delusional advisers that Roman listens too.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    well you can't win football matches if you can't score goals! and either of our striker's can't score goals, just another example of the delusional advisers that Roman listens too.

Thats why i want emenalo out more s then anyone else. I just cant seem to trust him for whatever reason.

Hes the proper defintion of a yes man for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

GavRedKing wrote: »
    They still didnt create anything short of half chances thoug which hopefully means a better defensive side of things.

I was convinced we'd ship a goal and get a score draw, in fact I had btts in an accum. that let me down for €280 quid. :(

No christmas presentys for anyone. :pac:

Good point there Gav. On paper and form, their attack is miles better, but even they couldnt score. Torres had one good chance that he blazed over. You are looking for strikers who can do nothing but score the one winning goal, maybe Drogba would have scored that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Caveman1 wrote: »
    It was obvious from the beginning that RDM was never 1st choice for the job, I dont think anybody can argue that, IMO the job was too big for him at this stage of his career. Having said that I think the way he was sacked has left a bad taste in every fans mouth.

However I actually felt embarassed yesterday watching all those fans with their "Benitez Out" posters. I dont know why people are so angered by the Benitez appointment, he's a great manager, so what if he managed a rival team, its only football.

Also those calling for RA to leave the club are absolutely crazy, hes obviously a bit quick to fire a manager, but without him there wouldn't even be a Chelsea, so people need to be a little more grateful.

I would fully agree Caveman calling for Roman to walk is nuts I do actually believe he has the well being of the club at heart and really wants to do well. I do believe he had made a fundamental mistake with this appointment he cannot have been in any doubt how our current manager is viewed by the majority of Chelsea supporters with the reaction when AVB was sacked. I think that will colour how he is viewed by Chelsea supporters for a long time I also think it will give the CPO huge backing.

I love RDM what a cool player he was he just oozed class. He was also a fantastic front for the club in its current difficulties you really could not be charmed by the man, but was he ready for this job just now. No I think it was just a little beyond him but he really should have been given the season.

However after making the decision to sack him Roman really has shown his disregard for Chelsea supporters by appointing the current manager, I must admit I found it hard to get enthusiastic over yesterdays match and I really cannot remember that happening before and I have been a Blue for well over 40 years.

I would fully agree Caveman calling for Roman to walk is nuts I do actually believe he has the well being of the club at heart and really wants to do well. I do believe he had made a fundamental mistake with this appointment he cannot have been in any doubt how our current manager is viewed by the majority of Chelsea supporters with the reaction when AVB was sacked. I think that will colour how he is viewed by Chelsea supporters for a long time I also think it will give the CPO huge backing.

I love RDM what a cool player he was he just oozed class. He was also a fantastic front for the club in its current difficulties you really could not be charmed by the man, but was he ready for this job just now. No I think it was just a little beyond him but he really should have been given the season.

However after making the decision to sack him Roman really has shown his disregard for Chelsea supporters by appointing the current manager, I must admit I found it hard to get enthusiastic over yesterdays match and I really cannot remember that happening before and I have been a Blue for well over 40 years.

I understand where your coming from but we need to remember that RDM was never a part of RA plans for the club, they only reason he even got his foot in the door was because AVB brought him in. When RDM was kept on it was only until the end of the season, luckily for him he won us 2 cups.

I would actually have to praise RA for even offering RDM a 2 year contract, it was plain for everyone to see that the job was too big for him, but the fans wanted him there so Roman gave it to him.

It wasn't nice the way RDM was let go but it makes perfect sense from a Chelsea point of view, it gives Rafa time to assess the squad and make the neccessary changes in Jan.

I just think its ridiculous the way some fans are carrying on, the past can't be changed, RDM is gone, Rafa is in, the people protesting are only causing more problems than anything else.

Good point there Gav. On paper and form, their attack is miles better, but even they couldnt score. Torres had one good chance that he blazed over. You are looking for strikers who can do nothing but score the one winning goal, maybe Drogba would have scored that chance.

That particular chance was very difficult coming across his body on his weaker left leg, even Drogba would have struggled with it IMO.

It did reflect on the game that Cole had one of our only shots in anger at Hart that he made a simple save against and we didnt get the corner.

What I'd like to see in the next game is to start Marin/Moses and tell them get wide all the time and run at people and drop Oscar and move Hazard/Mata centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

One real positive from the game was seeing Ivan play in the centre. While he does a job at right back, I really think CB is his best role, and the new lad looks capable of dealing with a lot down the right (seems to have a bit more pace?). It gives an experienced head as JT is presumably phased out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I just think its ridiculous the way some fans are carrying on, the past can't be changed, RDM is gone, Rafa is in, the people protesting are only causing more problems than anything else.

In fairness, Rafa is not the most appealing personality, and disparaging comments about Chelsea fans in the past don't help. I suppose a lot of people also recall the 'sh*t on a stick' CL and EPL games as well.

True, the 'Rafa out' signs are a bit histrionic, but I thought the pro-RDM demonstration on the 16 minute mark was brilliant. Shows the esteem he's held in as a player and a manager, which is worth doing. Honestly, if and when Robbie pitches up at another club, I can see myself rooting for them on that basis alone.

• Advertisement

I understand where your coming from but we need to remember that RDM was never a part of RA plans for the club, they only reason he even got his foot in the door was because AVB brought him in. When RDM was kept on it was only until the end of the season, luckily for him he won us 2 cups.

I would actually have to praise RA for even offering RDM a 2 year contract, it was plain for everyone to see that the job was too big for him, but the fans wanted him there so Roman gave it to him.

It wasn't nice the way RDM was let go but it makes perfect sense from a Chelsea point of view, it gives Rafa time to assess the squad and make the neccessary changes in Jan.

I would agree with pretty much everything you said there except I will never accept the current manager. You can be supportive if your team (which if you are the manager of course you should be) but there is no need to be insulting of an opposition team and its supporters. In my opinion he was very insulting of us and should not be here now.

God knows I don't like Fergie much but if we had a chance of getting him for 3 or 4 years you would have to jump at it. And that to me is the difference there is a huge (maybe grudging I admit) respect for Fergie which is totally absent for our current manager.

That particular chance was very difficult coming across his body on his weaker left leg, even Drogba would have struggled with it IMO.

It did reflect on the game that Cole had one of our only shots in anger at Hart that he made a simple save against and we didnt get the corner.

What I'd like to see in the next game is to start Marin/Moses and tell them get wide all the time and run at people and drop Oscar and move Hazard/Mata centrally.

Thought Oscar was one of our better forwards yesterday certainly would not drop him. His workload is phenomenal, he is getting stronger and stronger physically and can produce the unexpected. Maybe drop him a little deeper but he has to start.

Thought Oscar was one of our better forwards yesterday certainly would not drop him. His workload is phenomenal, he is getting stronger and stronger physically and can produce the unexpected. Maybe drop him a little deeper but he has to start.

If thats the case then we'd have to drop Mikel or Ramires and both were good yeaterday at doing their jobs.

If it comes down to picking 2 of 3 between Hazard/Mata/Oscar I'd be picking Hazard and Mata.

We need a different dimension out wide and Moses or Marin could be it if they're played on the wing.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see whos rotated and who impresses.

Romeu played ok when he came on yesterday, Rafa understood City werent going to resort to long balls when Tevez came on for Dzeko so Romeu came on for Mikel, good option as the fresh legs would help.

there is no need to be insulting of an opposition team and its supporters. In my opinion he was very insulting of us and should not be here now.

What insult are you referring to? I know recently theres been a lot of fabricated quotes floating around.

What insult are you referring to? I know recently theres been a lot of fabricated quotes floating around.

I think Rafa answered that question when he said as manager as Liverpool he was defending the club and fans and if given the opportunity he'd do the same here.

Which is only fair, the signs yesterday though were cringeworthy.

I dont know if its to do with Rafa coming in or RDM going out, I imagine if we got in Pep or José they'ed be no signs at all.

IMO Rafa is the 3rd best manager we've had under Roman, after Carlo and José, if hes allowed byt he fans and Roman he'll do a good job for us.

I think Rafa answered that question when he said as manager as Liverpool he was defending the club and fans and if given the opportunity he'd do the same here.

I dont know if its to do with Rafa coming in or RDM going out, I imagine if we got in Pep or José they'ed be no signs at all.

IMO Rafa is the 3rd best manager we've had under Roman, after Carlo and José, if hes allowed byt he fans and Roman he'll do a good job for us.

Well if you consider some of the ill tempered games we've had against Barca, I'm sure if you went digging you'd find some sort of bad comments from Pep (maybe not) but my point is that why are people surpsired if an oppisition manager gives another team a bit of stick? It's all mind games. Nothing personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

You can be supportive if your team (which if you are the manager of course you should be) but there is no need to be insulting of an opposition team and its supporters. In my opinion he was very insulting of us and should not be here now.

Is this what you mean?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81876612&postcount=7533

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Poor Mata getting poor ratings by some, he was brilliant but Citys defenders out muscled him a times, Mata was left alone on ocasion. Oscar was brillant as was Azpilicueta Luiz and Mikel. Our weak points again was Torres and Ramires. Ramires is caught time and time again out of position or not marking up, dont get me wrong he is a quality player but played in the wrong position for me. Torres is finished with us. I have no doubt we will try and sign another striker in January, Roman knows best!

Well if you consider some of the ill tempered games we've had against Barca, I'm sure if you went digging you'd find some sort of bad comments from Pep (maybe not) but my point is that why are people surpsired if an oppisition manager gives another team a bit of stick? It's all mind games. Nothing personal.

Ya, I'd agree, its nothing but defendig your own, which I'd have no doubt he'll do for us if any manager starts giving out about Chelsea.

Its not going to happen i know but id love to see us drop Torres and play a 4-3-3 formation. With the current players we have and going on form id play

Hazard Moses Sturridge
    Oscar Mikel Mata
    Cole Luiz Ivan Azpilicueta
    Cech

Play a more possession based game but we would have a quicker counter attack and 3 players looking to take on defenders. This way we have more forwards and can attack together while Moses and Sturridge can revolve places and Mata can float in and around the area while Oscar can spray passess into the danger area and release quick balls for counter attacks.

what a day wrote: »
    Its not going to happen i know but id love to see us drop Torres and play a 4-3-3 formation. With the current players we have and going on form id play

Hazard Moses Sturridge
    Oscar Mikel Mata
    Cech

Play a more possession based game but we would have a quicker counter attack and 3 players looking to take on defenders. This way we have more forwards and can attack together while Moses and Sturridge can revolve places and Mata can float in and around the area while Oscar can spray passess into the danger area and release quick balls for counter attacks.

Has Rafa ever played 4-3-3 with Liverpool?

I always thought he played a 4-4-1-1 style foramtion which isnt to far from 4-2-3-1 really.

• Advertisement

Hazard Moses Sturridge
    Oscar Mikel Mata
    Cech

Very lightweight midfield, would be blown open in the premier league. If you want 4-3-3 then a midfield of mikel, lamps and ramires would be more likely.

Has Rafa ever played 4-3-3 with Liverpool?

I always thought he played a 4-4-1-1 style foramtion which isnt to far from 4-2-3-1 really.
    It was generally 4-2-3-1 with Rafa at Liverpool with Gerrard in the centre of the 3 playing behind Torres.
    Perhaps Lampard back and fit playing just behind Torres might work?

Very lightweight midfield, would be blown open in the premier league. If you want 4-3-3 then a midfield of mikel, lamps and ramires would be more likely.

3 could work but 2 would have to be defensive midfielders IMO.

4th at the very best Gus was head and shoulders above him Claudio was possibly better as well.

For me it is the new manager coming not Robbie going. Sad as it is it had a touch of the inevitable about it. Never been too sure if Pep is for us but would welcome him with open arms and the fatted cow right now.

With regard to the side Oscar is one of our most consistent performers cannot see any reason at all why he should be dropped. In many ways RDM was on the right road against Juve but the mistake was picking Cesar on the right instead of Moses. Of the forwards it is Nando who needs time watching or if one of our number 10's need to be dropped then Haz is the least performing at present. Started the season great but been poorish of late, works hard enough though.

We could be radical and give Islam Feruz a run, that guy looks mustard. Maybe very radical but would have to be a better option than Nando at present it is only the ST£50m tag which is keeping him in the team at the moment.

amiable wrote: »
    It was generally 4-2-3-1 with Rafa at Liverpool with Gerrard in the centre of the 3 playing behind Torres.
    Perhaps Lampard back and fit playing just behind Torres might work?

Maybe 3-5 years ago but I dont think he has the drive he once had to get into the position to hurt teams.

Time will tell though.

4th at the very best Gus was head and shoulders above him Claudio was possibly better as well.

Debtable, Guus, while having a good international record has an ok club record and Claudio was an ok option too.
    For me it is the new manager coming not Robbie going. Sad as it is it had a touch of the inevitable about it. Never been too sure if Pep is for us but would welcome him with open arms and the fatted cow right now.

But is it only because its Rafa? Jose or Pep would have been loved if they walked out against City.
    With regard to the side Oscar is one of our most consistent performers cannot see any reason at all why he should be dropped. In many ways RDM was on the right road against Juve but the mistake was picking Cesar on the right instead of Moses. Of the forwards it is Nando who needs time watching or if one of our number 10's need to be dropped then Haz is the least performing at present. Started the season great but been poorish of late, works hard enough though.

Truth be told we're well off the boil at the moment so nobody is safe from the axe for our next 2 London derbies.
    We could be radical and give Islam Feruz a run, that guy looks mustard. Maybe very radical but would have to be a better option than Nando at present it is only the ST£50m tag which is keeping him in the team at the moment.

Now thats a tad rash, maybe play him against Leeds but theres no way we could play him in the EPL, I'd rather we play Moses/Hazard up front if Torres is dropped and Sturridge injured.

Has grumpy clarified what these insults were?

Has grumpy clarified what these insults were?

I presume it was the Rafa quote thats been mis-quoted by large portions of the printed media and taken out of context.

Could be wrong though.

I presume it was the Rafa quote thats been mis-quoted by large portions of the printed media and taken out of context.

Could be wrong though.
    Ignorance is bliss :)

Rafa was always going to get a rough ride given the Liverpool connections but the way the Media has blown out of proportion his supposed words is madness.

As I said earlier, I'd expect him to back Liverpool up, course he would at the time, he was their manager going into one of the biggest games of the season and the way his quote has been manipulated to show him as some Chelsea hating anti-christ by some sections is a bit sad.

Also, hes the best candidate we could have got on such short notice and he ainta bad one IMO.

• Advertisement

Debtable, Guus, while having a good international record has an ok club record and Claudio was an ok option too..

Dont know about that he should have taken us to a champions league final, only lost one league match and won an FA cup .... not too shabby that.

But is it only because its Rafa? Jose or Pep would have been loved if they walked out against City..

For me it is the new manager coming not RDM going thought that was clear.

Truth be told we're well off the boil at the moment so nobody is safe from the axe for our next 2 London derbies..

We really are off the boil the next few fixtures really are critical to our season, we need to get above the baggies

Now thats a tad rash, maybe play him against Leeds but theres no way we could play him in the EPL, I'd rather we play Moses/Hazard up front if Torres is dropped and Sturridge injured.

I cant see how that is a tad harsh on Nando he has been struggling really badly and looks like he is just shot of confidence. His pace seems to be gone as well he was chased down twice by City defenders yesterday when you would have expected him to do much better. I was absolutely delighted when we got him from Liverpool and really want him to do well it just is not happening for him.

Rooney, Owen and Fowler were around Islam's age when they broke into and stayed in the first team - we rarely if ever give young players a decent chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Maybe we should give the youngsters more a chance,Piazon,Lukaku,Feruz, Chalobah,Mc Eachran etc
    Failing that do you think we will go for Falcao and Schurrle in either the January window or the summer?

To be honest we need to do something, we have no real threat up front to my mind which is making it all too easy for defenders in many ways (funnily I would not draw that inference fully from yesterdays game Man City are a very good team and Kompany is a fantastic defender). We spend a fortune by all accounts on our academy and then ignore quite odd really.

Because we have no real punch from our striker I think it puts too much pressure on Haz, Mats and Oscar. I think thats what RDM was trying against Juve to get at them using raw pace on a breakaway, good idea in many ways given the players he had to hand I think Cesar was just the weak link there. He had a great game yesterday he is after all a right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

With yesterday's game in mind (Long ball etc),What would chelsea fans think of trying to get in Berbatov as a signing in the jan window ,Still a great hold up player and could/would link up well with Hazard and co breaking from midfield IMHO. Don't think the price would be to high and could be a great stop gap till the summer.

So these comments were never made?

"We don't need to give away flags for our fans to wave; our supporters are always there with their hearts, and that is all we need. It's the passion of the fans that helps to win matches, not flags."

"For me there is only one club in England, and that's Liverpool."

Is that what you are saying

Phoenix wrote: »
    Maybe we should give the youngsters more a chance,Piazon,Lukaku,Feruz, Chalobah,Mc Eachran etc
    Failing that do you think we will go for Falcao and Schurrle in either the January window or the summer?

I'm a big fan of youth football and have already said that Feruz deserves a place in the capitol one cup squad, but thats as far as he should go. There's no doubting the talent we have in our youth academy but the step up to the senior team is a huge leap.

Piazon is probably our best youth player at the moment and you can see how he struggles when playing in the 1st team. all our decent prospects should be loaned out, theres no better way of developing their skills, just look at how good Chalobah is doing at Watford, if he had of stayed with us and not being loaned out he would be just wasting his talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Big period now where our fixtures arent as difficult as the last month, we HAVE to start putting wins together now, 4 and 5 in a row is a must.

I'm a big fan of youth football and have already said that Feruz deserves a place in the capitol one cup squad, but thats as far as he should go. There's no doubting the talent we have in our youth academy but the step up to the senior team is a huge leap.

Piazon is probably our best youth player at the moment and you can see how he struggles when playing in the 1st team. all our decent prospects should be loaned out, theres no better way of developing their skills, just look at how good Chalobah is doing at Watford, if he had of stayed with us and not being loaned out he would be just wasting his talent.

I totally agree Caveman! We have some fantastic youths coming through at the moment but there is no point in us playing them once or twice in the cup when we can get them out on loan and play regular and grow. Izlam looks like the real deal and will be good enough for the PL i think but at the moment id rather start Sturridge or Moses up front for us and let Izlam get a loan spell if possible.

Out of all our youths at the moment from the ones iv seen, only Courtois Bruyne and PVA would get game time with us this season but again they would get more games under their belt on loan.

As for us been too weak in midfield with Oscar Mikel and Mata playing a 4-3-3 formation thats just a silly comment. Yes our players are small but if coached correct we defend as a team and attack as a team.

4-3-3 formation is very simular to a 4-2-3-1 formation but the 4-3-3 is more fluid and batter used if we dont have a target man like now.....Torres is not a target man!

When we dont have the ball our 4-3-3 formation reverts back to 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1 formation. And your correct Rafa never played a 4-3-3 formation as far as im aware, im just stating i think we with players we have at the moment thats what i would like to see.

Oh and another crazy taught is on Ramires his best position is right mid or id even like to see him play a game or two at right wing back.

I totally agree Caveman! We have some fantastic youths coming through at the moment but there is no point in us playing them once or twice in the cup when we can get them out on loan and play regular and grow. Izlam looks like the real deal and will be good enough for the PL i think but at the moment id rather start Sturridge or Moses up front for us and let Izlam get a loan spell if possible.

Out of all our youths at the moment from the ones iv seen, only Courtois Bruyne and PVA would get game time with us this season but again they would get more games under their belt on loan.

As for us been too weak in midfield with Oscar Mikel and Mata playing a 4-3-3 formation thats just a silly comment. Yes our players are small but if coached correct we defend as a team and attack as a team.

4-3-3 formation is very simular to a 4-2-3-1 formation but the 4-3-3 is more fluid and batter used if we dont have a target man like now.....Torres is not a target man!

When we dont have the ball our 4-3-3 formation reverts back to 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1 formation. And your correct Rafa never played a 4-3-3 formation as far as im aware, im just stating i think we with players we have at the moment thats what i would like to see.

Oh and another crazy taught is on Ramires his best position is right mid or id even like to see him play a game or two at right wing back.

I think he's terrible when played out wide. His best position is in a 3 man midfield where he is given license to make bursts forward. At the mo he is being asked to be very disciplined and I don't think it suits him tbh.

• Advertisement

Rooney, Owen and Fowler were around Islam's age when they broke into and stayed in the first team - we rarely if ever give young players a decent chance.

Feruz mustn't be upto the standard yet, Owen and Rooney were exceptional talents lets not forget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement