Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Panthro wrote: »
    Congrats Gav, another worthy poster joins the Mod team!
    Hapes a Chelsea fans mods!:D

What's that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

amiable wrote: »
    What's that got to do with anything?

An observation?
    That all right with you?

An observation?
    That all right with you?

That's dandy.

Is that alright with you?

That's dandy.

Is that alright with you?

:confused:

:confused:

I'm not surprised

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised

Ara, I'm not in the humour for you tonight to be honest.
    Toodles poodles!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone reckon Rio is out due to JT being invovled? Could be fishy of yes not injured.

gavredking wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Rio is out due to JT being invovled? Could be fishy of yes not injured.

I think Roy talked to them both and I'd guess Rio said he couldn't play with Terry so I'd say Terry said he had no problem to play with anyone and was selected.

But I'm informed the England thread is thataway >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I'm not surprised

pointless, leave this planet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Im sure that played a part, but in fairness Terry is the teams true captain/leader, has played a massive part in their qualification for the tournament and has had a more successful season and potentially much more successful season than Rio had.

People dont like the guy, pending court case included, but my biased opinion is that he's a better player than Rio anyway.

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Im sure that played a part, but in fairness Terry is the teams true captain/leader, has played a massive part in their qualification for the tournament and has had a more successful season and potentially much more successful season than Rio had.

People dont like the guy, pending court case included, but my biased opinion is that he's a better player than Rio anyway.

If it was down to form Rio would be picked as terry has been awful for a while now

I think Roy talked to them both and I'd guess Rio said he couldn't play with Terry so I'd say Terry said he had no problem to play with anyone and was selected.

But I'm informed the England thread is thataway >>>>>>>>>

Well between JT and Rio, on this season Id pick JT on form and the games hes played.

Id assume something was up alright but with the cover England have at CB, JT would play well wth any of them.

Maybe Lescott and JT will start, cant see Cahill starting but hes well able.

LanceStorm wrote: »

Worse thing about it though is both Rio and JT have players in the squad that respect them and any of the United players in the squad could rebel, irs not likely but possible.

England could be in the horrors before they start.

Well between JT and Rio, on this season Id pick JT on form and the games hes played.

Id assume something was up alright but with the cover England have at CB, JT would play well wth any of them.

Rio has played better than Terry the last few months.
    I'd say Roy was desperate to get the 2 of them to play together.
    It's a pity that Terry and Chelsea got the trial date put back so far

Rio has played better than Terry the last few months.
    I'd say Roy was desperate to get the 2 of them to play together.
    It's a pity that Terry and Chelsea got the trial date put back so far

Apart from the anfield game and barca away i think JT's played well.

Agreed, JT and Rio would be the ideal partnership but Lescott is a capable partner. He needs a leader next to him, like Kompany to keep him focused but Terry should be able to pull them together.

Agreed on the court date, it should have been dealt with earlier, everyone involved has made a mess of it and England could be without a CB for the Euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just back from the Blackburn game. Stayed a few days extra as its the G/F's bday soon so was out of coverage.

A few things. Luiz will definetly be fit. He was running around with Hialrio and P.Ferriera kids after the game. :pac:

Drogbas lap of honour was very long. Thanked and applaued tge whole ground, the shed end sang songs about him throught the game, id expect him to be gone.

I couldnt post about it but i was asked to be a mod 2weeks ago and said id take up the offer. Hope I can do the forum justice.

Hope none of ye are bad or the ban hammer will be out :pac:

Ill try get up pictures 2mw or something.
    congratulations on you're new role but please take heed of this cautionary tale:D:D
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/26/i-had-it-all-then-i-blew-itsacked-boards-ie-moderator-tells-all/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Just back from the Blackburn game. Stayed a few days extra as its the G/F's bday soon so was out of coverage.

A few things. Luiz will definetly be fit. He was running around with Hialrio and P.Ferriera kids after the game. :pac:

Drogbas lap of honour was very long. Thanked and applaued tge whole ground, the shed end sang songs about him throught the game, id expect him to be gone.

I couldnt post about it but i was asked to be a mod 2weeks ago and said id take up the offer. Hope I can do the forum justice.

Hope none of ye are bad or the ban hammer will be out :pac:

Ill try get up pictures 2mw or something.
    congratulations on you're new role but please take heed of this cautionary tale:D:D
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/26/i-had-it-all-then-i-blew-itsacked-boards-ie-moderator-tells-all/

Brillant :pac:

kev1.3s wrote: »

Haha! That's a good 'un!

Aquila wrote: »
    Any more news on the transfer front?

Talk of Sturridge being sold by lots over but nothing concrete. Lukaku looked decent on Sunday and I was impressed with Hutchinson again. I would have loved to see Piazon thpugh get some time but wth Malouda going off early it was always going limit his possible game time.

• Advertisement

Talk of Sturridge being sold by lots over but nothing concrete. Lukaku looked decent on Sunday and I was impressed with Hutchinson again. I would have loved to see Piazon thpugh get some time but wth Malouda going off early it was always going limit his possible game time.

I told you about Sturridge before. I think he's getting bad advice.
    He has plenty of ability but his head is wrong IMO.

What do you make of Hulk Gav?

I think he's over rated. I think Falcao would be a good addition to Chelsea

I told you about Sturridge before. I think he's getting bad advice.
    He has plenty of ability but his head is wrong IMO.

Ya lots of terrace and pub talk about him being sold and Lukaku being the next best option. With Marin and De bruyne coming in Sturridge could be shifted bt he would be a lose to us. First few mobths of the season he was the sole reason we were still in any race for Europe. Hes faded away but he has plenty to learn for next season.

Hes a good player, no doubt and Id hope we kept him. His decision making on the pitch can be questionnable bt he has everything else going for him.

I would rather have Falcao or Cavani over Hulk anyway.

I think Hulk is a good player but Falcao and Cavani would be goal machines for any team.

Falcao in the last 3 years has been in excellent form and his 2 goals the Europa final justified what Atli paid for him, not just the final but all season hes been on fire, if we do go for him it would take a huge sum possibly Torres going home and for Atli to be allowed to keep Courtois for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hulk is overrated.

To sell Torres would be a travesty. He deserves another season.

Falcao would be excellent, especially if Drogba leaves. But then again, do we need more additions to an already fairly solid strike-force? Central midfielder needed more urgently, IMO.

Absolute bollocks that Piazón wasn't given a run against Blackburn.

Who else is there apart from RDM? Who would accept this poisoned chalice, that is arguably equal to the England Job in how much of a poisoned chalice it is???

We should never have sold Alex... how badly would we love to have him now??? (Ok, he handed in a transfer request, but only cos AVB was cutting him out and so on...)

New central midfielder needed... badly. Not sure who the hell we could get, but if we get a decent midfielder for the centre, I think it would be a great boon.

Ok, that's my 'shotgun-style' summing up of how I feel for the time being. Got the new jersey on Sunday, had great craic (despite not sleeping for like 72 hours or so), and have Saturday and Sunday off work. Get in. Chelsea, Chelsea. Carefree...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Nothing like a bit of forward planning!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2772376,00.html

NEWS OF POSSIBLE PARADE

Posted on: Mon 14 May 2012
    Chelsea Football Club would like to make local residents and supporters aware that if the club wins the Champions League Final we will hold a parade in the Fulham area on Sunday.
    Should we beat Bayern Munich on Saturday night, not only would it be our maiden Champions League victory, but the first time a London club has lifted the European Cup.

(Plus it will drown out the crying from White Hart Lane!)

and , just in case the unthinkable happens

No parade will take place if we lose the Champions League Final!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Good player and i think he'd score goals at any club but he'd be to expensive.

It cost Atletico 40 million to sign him and would cost us even more.

I also can't see a Torres plus cash deal happening.

Unrealistic target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think we should focus on Torres being our main point of attack next season but we need wide players that can support him and asist him.
    Hulk IMO would be a terrific signing and perfect wide player for the PL.
    He is fast,strong, technically sound and has a good shot too.

I know we signed DeBruyne and will have Marin too but we still need a Right sided wide player, one that is already good enough for Champpions league football ready to slot into the squad. Hulk fits that bill.
    I think Hazard is going to ManCity so Hulk would be my second choice.

Also as Daz pointed out we need another CM.
    With Lamps getting older, Essien is falling to pieces, Malouda will be sold, Meireles not good enough we will only have Ramires and Mata as attacking midfielders. Piazon should get a run next season too.

Good player and i think he'd score goals at any club but he'd be to expensive.

It cost Atletico 40 million to sign him and would cost us even more.

I also can't see a Torres plus cash deal happening.

Unrealistic target.

A Madrid need money so anything is possible

• Advertisement

I'm still firmly in the "Flog Torres for as much as we can get" camp

We've all got excited about a hat trick over QPR for chrisssakes and some assists.

We've been making the same excuses about the lack of quality service etc etc for 1 1/2 years now.

We need a 20 goal season striker and that just isnt going to happen with Torres.

His goal return is just plain woeful when you consider he is supposed to be a senior star striker

I admire the guy for trying but surely to compete with the likes of Man City (who have said they are going to spend spend spend), we have to cut our losses now

The thing is that Danny outscored him with the same type of service and he was played out of position!

Drogba's probably going and even if he stayed, even he isnt the player he was and wouldnt expect to start every game

Almost any player we're linked with, can improve our attack. Remember we have Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge (I still have faith in him) and Torres and Drogba, who have scored ELEVEN league goals between them.
    I still belive in Luka, but I expect him to be loaned

Hulk is over hyped, but he is quick, can play on the wing and has a great shot and for the right price would be worth a punt.

Jovetic, Schurrie, Falcao are all reasonable realistic options for us.

Cavani's probably off to Juve, Lavezzi to Inter.

DeBruyne, may or not be shipped out on loan again

Piazon, imo, just isnt ready yet

Midfield

The whole Modric saga will start again if we win the CL.
    Hazards going to City
    Hamsik is probably staying

I agree we do need a midfielder but as Mata create 13 assists, we need a striker more IMO

And Daz, yep we should have kept Alex, (Although Cahill was his replacement) and Anelka and Yossi (Our best player in pre season)

AVB's strange decisions there and to cut out players who werent happy, ultimately back fired on us, leaving us short
    We had no reason to get rid of those players at the time and didnt get in any replacements

City will buy, and buy big and we need to do the same in 2 key areas - Attack and midfield

Pepper OUT! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'm still firmly in the "Flog Torres for as much as we can get" camp

We've all got excited about a hat trick over QPR for chrisssakes and some assists.

We've been making the same excuses about the lack of quality service etc etc for 1 1/2 years now.

We need a 20 goal season striker and that just isnt going to happen with Torres.

His goal return is just plain woeful when you consider he is supposed to be a senior star striker

I admire the guy for trying but surely to compete with the likes of Man City (who have said they are going to spend spend spend), we have to cut our losses now

The thing is that Danny outscored him with the same type of service and he was played out of position!

Drogba's probably going and even if he stayed, even he isnt the player he was and wouldnt expect to start every game

Almost any player we're linked with, can improve our attack. Remember we have Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge (I still have faith in him) and Torres and Drogba, who have scored ELEVEN league goals between them.
    I still belive in Luka, but I expect him to be loaned

Hulk is over hyped, but he is quick, can play on the wing and has a great shot and for the right price would be worth a punt.

Jovetic, Schurrie, Falcao are all reasonable realistic options for us.

Cavani's probably off to Juve, Lavezzi to Inter.

DeBruyne, may or not be shipped out on loan again

Piazon, imo, just isnt ready yet

Midfield

The whole Modric saga will start again if we win the CL.
    Hazards going to City
    Hamsik is probably staying

I agree we do need a midfielder but as Mata create 13 assists, we need a striker more IMO

And Daz, yep we should have kept Alex, (Although Cahill was his replacement) and Anelka and Yossi (Our best player in pre season)

AVB's strange decisions there and to cut out players who werent happy, ultimately back fired on us, leaving us short
    We had no reason to get rid of those players at the time and didnt get in any replacements

City will buy, and buy big and we need to do the same in 2 key areas - Attack and midfield

Pepper OUT! ;)

Based on what?

G.K. wrote: »
    Based on what?

Piazon is still very young, its the same as Josh, no top team puts 18/19 yrs old into the first team, not even Utd. 20 years old yes.
    He is showing promise that is true, and maybe 10 mins here and there
    Even he says himself

You find yourself ready to act in the team up? If you need to take the field now, are you ready?

- Anxiety will always exist. To play 15, 30 minutes, I'm ready. For 90, I think not. I need a little more experience, contact with them, training, rapport, trust ... But to play 15, 10 minutes, you can already premiered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Piazon is still very young, its the same as Josh, no top team puts 18/19 yrs old into the first team, not even Utd. 20 years old yes.
    He is showing promise that is true, and maybe 10 mins here and there

Except Lille (Hazard), Dortmund (Gotze), Real Madrid (Varane), Barca (Messi)...

Piazon is clearly good enough, if he wasn't he wouldn't have done the World Cup Draw with Lucas Moura, Neymar and Ganso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hulk is vastly overrated, a good player but not for the prices being thrown around.

Congrats gav on becoming a mod. :)

Piazon is clearly good enough, if he wasn't he wouldn't have done the World Cup Draw with Lucas Moura, Neymar and Ganso.

How many (full) games have you watched him?

and wow - Good as he is, hes not really the same class as those you mention now is he?

AVB and RDM both have looked at him and left him where he is

• Advertisement

I have to agree with sgt about Piazon not quite ready yet. The guy is very young and i have watched a few of his games for the reserves. I am all for giving him game time in the first team but 10 -15 mins here and there is all untill he proves what he can do. Untill then we still need another attacking CM, Modirc/Lucas are good options IMO.

I think Torres has slowly but surely got better as the season went on and i do think Torres could thrive under DiMatteos tactics if he is manager next season. Torres is perfect for counter attacking football. I think we can hold on to him and Sturridge to be his under study as a striker and not a winger. If Torres does not hit form im sure Sturridge will in his position.

We really do need to spend this summer if we are to keep up with the top clubs. We need wingers an attcking midfielder and if we can get a better RB than Ivan.

Phil Jones, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Alexander Pato, Theo Walcott can all be added to that.
    Lets not forget the Ox

what a day wrote: »
    I have to agree with sgt about Piazon not quite ready yet. The guy is very young and i have watched a few of his games for the reserves. I am all for giving him game time in the first team but 10 -15 mins here and there is all untill he proves what he can do. Untill then we still need another attacking CM, Modirc/Lucas are good options IMO.

I think Torres has slowly but surely got better as the season went on and i do think Torres could thrive under DiMatteos tactics if he is manager next season. Torres is perfect for counter attacking football. I think we can hold on to him and Sturridge to be his under study as a striker and not a winger. If Torres does not hit form im sure Sturridge will in his position.

We really do need to spend this summer if we are to keep up with the top clubs. We need wingers an attcking midfielder and if we can get a better RB than Ivan.

In 2 or 3 years time, we should have the basis of a great first team

Piazon, Luka, De Bruyne, Chalobah, Josh, Bertrand, Feruz, Davilla, Courtois, kakuta (maybe) to name but a few
    Could be our UTD golden generation

In 2 or 3 years time, we should have the basis of a great first team

Piazon, Luka, De Bruyne, Chalobah, Josh, Bertrand, Feruz, Davilla, Courtois, kakuta (maybe) to name but a few

J.Swift and Bamford also ;)

We really do have some real quality coming trough our youth system now. At last we can start to see te results with the likes of Bertrand McEachran coming trough and here we are arguing still about more players who are ready :pac: :pac: :pac: the future looks bright!

• Advertisement

Piazon will definetly get game time next year. If we really wanted to we could have Josh Mac play in midfield and not spend silly money and have Piazon ready to replace Mata if he needed resting.

Piazon, if he has a good pre season should find himself in 1st team plans next season.

We're in danger of getting left behind though in the league. Our form in the league was shocking and RDM didnt really improve it, hes done well in the cups and I thank for that, but we need to perform in the league.

Every team above us will spend and improve their squads and we ade in danger of being left behind if we dont make the right choices and we wont be fighting for the league if the inconsistency we showed all season strikes next year again.

We're in danger of getting left behind though in the league. Our form in the league was shocking and RDM didnt really improve it, hes done well in the cups and I thank for that, but we need to perform in the league.

Every team above us will spend and improve their squads and we ade in danger of being left behind if we dont make the right choices and we wont be fighting for the league if the inconsistency we showed all season strikes next year again.

I agree gav but to say Robbie did not improve us is just wrong.
    We played 11 PL games under him.
    We won 5
    Drew 3
    Lost 3 (one loss was our 2nd team against liverpool after our season was finished)

Not a bad record considering what he had to deal with and the cups we were still competing in when others were not.

I think we will do even better if he is given his kind of players and a full season in charge.

I agree with McEachran, he has not taken his chances on loan but i do think he will make it here at Chelsea. Id not let him go on loan if he is not guarnteed playing time. If not keep him and us him in Carling Cup games and as a sub during some PL matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Heading to Munich to meet up with some Chelsea/Rangers mates, should be some party atmosphere.
    Cheap German beer, great weather,... Can't wait :D

In the start I would have preferred Bayern to win it, but now I kind of hope Chelsea win it (A tenner on them might have to do something with that :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I'm so nervous about Saturday.

Really we should beat this lot but with key players out and their home advantage, it could go wrong .........

it will be extra sweet to screw Spurs as a win bonus !

Pal wrote: »
    I'm so nervous about Saturday.

Really we should beat this lot but with key players out and their home advantage, it could go wrong .........

it will be extra sweet to screw Spurs as a win bonus !

Ara, the Camp Nou with ten men round two is all it is!:pac:
    (Insert "300" quote about their numbers count for nothing etc etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Ara, the Camp Nou with ten men round two is all it is!:pac:
    (Insert "300" quote about their numbers count for nothing etc etc)

Sorry. What are you talking about ? :confused:

Exactly :D

Going into a game, they have home advantage, we are not expected to win etc etc. The players could have one more big game in them!:)

Luka Modric, the Tottenham Hotspur and Croatia midfielder, has suggested that he may be ready to leave White Hart Lane but will decide after the European Championships

The 26 year-old, who was the subject of one of last summer's most protracted transfer sagas as Chelsea attempted to lure Modric to Stamford Bridge, has now said that he will wait until after the European Championships to make any decisions on his future despite being contracyed to the club for another four years.

"I will decide about my future after the Euros," Modric has said. "I will make the decision where to continue my career. I'm ready for the big tests."

Tottenham supporters will, no doubt, be rankled by Modric's comments and will now be watching Chelsea's European Cup final meeting with Bayern Munich closely. Spurs, after finishing fourth in the Premier League, qualified for next season's Champions League though will have to play a qualifier before going through to the group stages.

However, should Chelsea beat Bayern on Saturday then they will progress to next season's competition at the expense of Harry Redknapp's side while offering Modric, who has previously stated that he wants to play Champions League football next season, a route to the exit door at White Hart Lane

what a day wrote: »
    Luka Modric, the Tottenham Hotspur and Croatia midfielder, has suggested that he may be ready to leave White Hart Lane but will decide after the European Championships

The 26 year-old, who was the subject of one of last summer's most protracted transfer sagas as Chelsea attempted to lure Modric to Stamford Bridge, has now said that he will wait until after the European Championships to make any decisions on his future despite being contracyed to the club for another four years.

"I will decide about my future after the Euros," Modric has said. "I will make the decision where to continue my career. I'm ready for the big tests."

Tottenham supporters will, no doubt, be rankled by Modric's comments and will now be watching Chelsea's European Cup final meeting with Bayern Munich closely. Spurs, after finishing fourth in the Premier League, qualified for next season's Champions League though will have to play a qualifier before going through to the group stages.

However, should Chelsea beat Bayern on Saturday then they will progress to next season's competition at the expense of Harry Redknapp's side while offering Modric, who has previously stated that he wants to play Champions League football next season, a route to the exit door at White Hart Lane
    I reckon Man United will go for him this summer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement