Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I would agree Haz has been very disappointing over past few weeks, more so as he had a full pre season no European championships or Olympics so should still be fresher than most. Wouldn't consider dropping Mata but would consider Haz.

His performance level has dropped in recent weeks, I think thats more to do with the teams confidence, we've been trying too hard to defend, out of Oscar, Hazard & Mata, none of them have been great in recent weeks, lets hope that changes tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Should get rid of that Hazard lad, and bring in some Premiership proven quality.

Now because I am feeling nice today, I will take that unproven player off of your hands and replace him with two Premiership proven English internationals.

This fall down on the job type

th?id=H.4690560368051896&pid=15.

for two wonderful totally proven internationals.

joe_cole.jpg

th?id=I.4576567637312196&pid=15.1

If you all play your cards right I might even throw in a third English international who is of course Premiership proven.

gazza_carroll.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Caveman1 wrote: »
    His performance level has dropped in recent weeks, I think thats more to do with the teams confidence, we've been trying too hard to defend, out of Oscar, Hazard & Mata, none of them have been great in recent weeks, lets hope that changes tonight.

Mata and Oscar have been brilliant in my view, im not saying Hazard has been poor by any means. just mean he is not as affective. The thing that is wrong with us is we done keep the ball. We have 3 creative players but how can they create if we dont have the ball?
    And the times when we do get the ball we have a missfiring Torres up front to lose the ball again for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kess73 wrote: »

Banned.

:p

what a day wrote: »
    Cech
    Azpilcueta Ivan Luiz Cole
    Mata Mikel Oscar
    Moses Torres Hazard

We cant bench Ramires, hes our best CM by a mile.

He lacks a bit of creativity but his drive and energy is second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GavRedKing wrote: »

He does not offer the same creativity that Oscar and Mata do.
    Ramires has been head less this season playing beside Mikel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hi Gav do you know what the contract situation is with Daniel Sturridge?
    I know we discussed it before and I'm pretty sure his contract runs out next summer.
    If that is true the fees being mentioned for him lately seem pretty silly IMO.

what a day wrote: »
    He does not offer the same creativity that Oscar and Mata do.

Neither would put there foot in a hot bath. Ramires is there because he can play in CM and has the ability to mix it up nad has the intensity.

Neither Oscar or Mata could do half the job that he does. I would trust Oscar and Mata to mix it up and help Mikel. Only way it will happen is its Mikel Ramires Oscar/Mata, one could play in there but not both of them.
    Ramires has been head less this season playing beside Mikel.

Hes playing a withdrawn role from last year, because of the 3 lads ahead of him hes meant to stay back but with Mikel and 2 CB's we should be caught on the break so I see no problem with him going forward, he is and always will be an energetic box to box midfielder, hes not going to thread the ball through or control a game but his physical attributes put him head and shoulers above anyone we currently have to play CM.

Banned.

:p

SITE BANNED :mad:

amiable wrote: »
    Hi Gav do you know what the contract situation is with Daniel Sturridge?
    I know we discussed it before and I'm pretty sure his contract runs out next summer.
    If that is true the fees being mentioned for him lately seem pretty silly IMO.

Thats my understanding too, signed a 4 year contract back in '09 to run until next year.

So I agree, we wouldnt get £15 million for him, we'd be doing well to get half.

Like look at the Cahill and Chelsea situation, we signed him in January as he had 6 months left and Bolton were forced to sell him at a knock down price.

IMO £15 million would be too much for danny if he had 3 years left let alone 6 months. If Liverpool offered £7-8 Million I'd say we'd sell and at that price its not to much of a gamble really.

• Advertisement

Thats my understanding too, signed a 4 year contract back in '09 to run until next year.

Like look at the Cahill and Chelsea situation, we signed him in January as he had 6 months left and Bolton were forced to sell him at a knock down price.

IMO £15 million would be too much for danny if he had 3 years left let alone 6 months. If Liverpool offered £7-8 Million I'd say we'd sell and at that price its not to much of a gamble really.

I think even if his contract ran out next summer Chelsea are still entitled to a fee due to his age. I'm open to correction on that though

Just checked some of the prices for the betting on tonights match, Mikel is 1/100 to score 1st with Betfair :D

Gonna back Torres & also a small bet on Luiz @ 25/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Just checked some of the prices for the betting on tonights match, Mikel is 1/100 to score 1st with Betfair :D

Gonna back Torres & also a small bet on Luiz @ 25/1

100/1 ON !!!! :eek:

What do they know that we dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

1/100 for Mikel to score Betfair not really living up to its name there.

amiable wrote: »
    I think even if his contract ran out next summer Chelsea are still entitled to a fee due to his age. I'm open to correction on that though

Not 100%, although I think players that are 23 and under are covered and Chelsea would be woed soemthing, much like how we got Danny in the first place.

Man City are owed money to from any future fee, think its 10%.

I would not want to go near him for 7m-8m tbh. Would imagine that the likes of Huntelaar or Walcott could be got for in and around that price. Sturridge is certainly, imho, a much lesser player than either and brings far less to a team.

Would prefer to see him stay at Chelsea until the summer and then get picked up by the likes of Fulham/West Ham/QPR rather than see Liverpool spend money on him.

I would not want to go near him for 7m-8m tbh. Would imagine that the likes of Huntelaar or Walcott could be got for in and around that price. Sturridge is certainly, imho, a much lesser player than either and brings far less to a team.

Would prefer to see him stay at Chelsea until the summer and then get picked up by the likes of Fulham/West Ham/QPR rather than see Liverpool spend money on him.

Aren't Huntelaar and Walcott out of contract soon too? Could be good value for a team, especially Huntelaar.

But if Liverpool want to waste spend more money then by all accounts do. :pac:

I wont complain if Danny goes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Hazard to the bench, not just to rest - he hasn't done much in recent games. Certainly not setting the game alight like he did in earlier matches this season. So give Moses a chance instead of him. I've little mass in Mikel too. He's (very) good a closing people down but terrible on the ball.

Would like to get Marin on at some stage too.

Cech
    -- Azp - Ivan - Cahill - Cole --
    Ramires - Romeu
    ---- Moses
    Mata ----
    Oscar

Torres

Aren't Huntelaar and Walcott out of contract soon too? Could be good value for a team, especially Huntelaar.

But if Liverpool want to waste spend more money then by all accounts do. :pac:

I wont complain if Danny goes anyway.

Huntelaar, Walcott, and Llorente, to name but three, are all free agents come June, so as things currently stand this January will be the last time their clubs can sell them for even a semi decent fee.

As for Sturridge, I reckon a lot of Chelsea fans would be delighted to see him sold to Liverpool or another club this January as it would mean getting in a fee for a player that is really not good enough for your team, and who is also not good enough, imho of course, to strengthen whoever you sold him to enough to be any sort of threat.

Huntelaar, Walcott, and Llorente, to name but three, are all free agents come June, so as things currently stand this January will be the last time their clubs can sell them for even a semi decent fee.

As for Sturridge, I reckon a lot of Chelsea fans would be delighted to see him sold to Liverpool or another club this January as it would mean getting in a fee for a player that is really not good enough for your team, and who is also not good enough, imho of course, to strengthen whoever you sold him to enough to be any sort of threat.

I just find Sturridge very frustrating with very little end product, yes he likes to beat people with pace and shot all the time but that doesnt really benfit the team in general.

He might turn into a decent goal scorer at a mid/lower level club but I dont think he'll do it consistently for a top club, I think his football brain lets him down alot and he more often then not takes the wrong option and that usually seperates the good players from the top players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Random rumour of the week

Buzz around twitter that we are close to signing Bernard Duarte from Atletico Mineiro. can't find any reliable source atm, but here is an article:

http://translate.goo...cino-a-bernard/

http://www.gianlucad...cino-a-bernard/

A crystalline talent from Brazil, Chelsea tries again. After Oscar, now in the viewfinder is Anicio Bernard Duarte Caldeira, for all simply Bernard. Chelsea wants ahead of the competition, is trying to close the transaction. Bernard is a playmaker, is dragging the Atletico Mineiro, third in the Brazilian championship. The reflectors are all for him, who stole the show also mate Ronaldinho. 10 goals and 12 assists in 35 part, many more geometries and throwing perfect. Bernard has conquered all, and to think twice failed the audition with Atletico Mineiro for reasons of height. Now it is 1.63 m high, but it is still capable of great shots. It 'sa class '92, grew up and has always played nell'Atletico but one season on loan at Democrata. It also has a Spanish passport, so it is outside the EU. After Oscar, Chelsea also want this talent: an attacking midfielder concrete, with a great vision of the game. Approached also Italian clubs, Bernard is close to the Premier.

6 million and loaned back, the lad is some talent apparently (but very small and weak looking, like Oscar)

translates as "Ah great, another attacking midfielder, just what we need. if oscar, mata, hazard can not help Roman's pet Torres score goals, the solution : stockpile on AM's"

Random rumour of the week

Buzz around twitter that we are close to signing Bernard Duarte from Atletico Mineiro. can't find any reliable source atm, but here is an article:

http://translate.goo...cino-a-bernard/

http://www.gianlucad...cino-a-bernard/
    A crystalline talent from Brazil, Chelsea tries again. After Oscar, now in the viewfinder is Anicio Bernard Duarte Caldeira, for all simply Bernard. Chelsea wants ahead of the competition, is trying to close the transaction. Bernard is a playmaker, is dragging the Atletico Mineiro, third in the Brazilian championship. The reflectors are all for him, who stole the show also mate Ronaldinho. 10 goals and 12 assists in 35 part, many more geometries and throwing perfect. Bernard has conquered all, and to think twice failed the audition with Atletico Mineiro for reasons of height. Now it is 1.63 m high, but it is still capable of great shots. It 'sa class '92, grew up and has always played nell'Atletico but one season on loan at Democrata. It also has a Spanish passport, so it is outside the EU. After Oscar, Chelsea also want this talent: an attacking midfielder concrete, with a great vision of the game. Approached also Italian clubs, Bernard is close to the Premier.

That hurt my brain.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJHr04ZDTDZl6nbf35hSorjIDwdiEWLqCfXgiPMoxH7zqY8JBSg

Anyone doing a match thread?

Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez has suggested Marko Marin will feature in his plans at Stamford Bridge.
    Summer signing Marin has failed to make an impact since his arrival from Werder Bremenspacer.gif in July, with injuries frustrating his start to life in West London.
    The 23-year-old has made just one appearance for the Blues,spacer.gif appearing as a 70th-minute substitute in their 6-0 Capital One Cup thrashing of Wolves.
    The attacking midfielder did not feature in former manager Roberto Di Matteo'sspacer.gif set-up, with the likes of midfield stars Eden Hazard, Juan Mataspacer.gif and Oscar already at his disposal.
    But Benitez has hinted he will give the German a chance to play for the European champions.
    Questioned if Marin was desperate for football, Benitez told the Fulhamspacer.gif Chronicle: "I don't believe he's desperate. He was training really well.
    "He's been injured a while, but I know him. He's a good player I know from Werder Bremen.
    "Hopefully we can improve fitness for many players and create competition."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Roll on next season will anyone rid me of this troublesome Priest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cech Ivan Luiz Cole Azpi Ram Romeu Bert Oscar Hazard Torres.

Mata on bench, did look leggy against City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

3 full backs, the Benitez era begins.

Anyone got a link?

Nice to see Dave Sexton on programme cover

• Advertisement

Lukaku scores again for West Brom, if only Chelsea had bought a player like him :eek:

Lukaku scores again for West Brom, if only Chelsea had bought a player like him :eek:

Blame Rafa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Dark dark dark dark dark times ahead for Chelsea.

This is the price we pay for winning the CL.

Chelsea football club
    R I P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Very poor game but on a brighter note marin looked like he could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Absolutely disgusted with that performance!! Fcuking fuming, and to make it worse they just lost me 100 quid on an 8 team accumulator! Only team that didn't win, un****ing believable!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jesus that sucks, you would have won a lot then with 8 team accumalotor €100 as stake ?

anyway -rubbish rubbish, wait till you see Benitez being positive in the interviews.

Terrible negative guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Marin looked good. Better than Hazard.

As well as striker we seriously need a dominating central midfielder, like Frank was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really need Torres to get sick / injured or sent off. Need to try a different striker up front.
    Poor game to suffer through. The only good is a clean sheet.
    At this point a title ring is looking very unlucky and forth be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I thought Marin did well when he came on, he was much better than hazard and oscar who were dreadful.

It's hard to see us getting 3 points on saturday tbh. Good chance of a clean sheet but can't see us scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

No leader on the pitch once again. Clueless display once again. Why are the club persisting with Torres? He adds nothing to the team as far as I can see.

Fulham are the type of team you should be dispatching at a canter if'n you are going for the title or top 4 even.

Roll on January and bring back Lukaku n give him a go.

Garzorico wrote: »
    No leader on the pitch once again. Clueless display once again. Why are the club persisting with Torres? He adds nothing to the team as far as I can see.

Fulham are the type of team you should be dispatching at a canter if'n you are going for the title or top 4 even.

Roll on January and bring back Lukaku n give him a go.

we dont have a great record against Fulham to be fair

Get better soon danny!

First time since 2002 we failed to win on 4 consecutive league matches at the Bridge apparently

Our interim manager reckons we moved the ball too slowly yet Moses didn't figure Marin comes on with 7 mins left and Nando plays a full 90 minutes. Inspires you does that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

the_monkey wrote: »
    Dark dark dark dark dark times ahead for Chelsea.

This is the price we pay for winning the CL.
    ?????

Third in the Premier League with some of the best young players in Europe in the squad, and a mega rich owner who'll once again spend big in about a months time.
    Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

blue-army wrote: »
    ?????

Third in the Premier League with some of the best young players in Europe in the squad, and a mega rich owner who'll once again spend big in about a months time.
    Get a grip.

Your exactly right, there are clubs in far more dire situations, however it is exactly the reasons that you cite that that we should expect more and that the current situation is far from acceptable.

I'm happy I didnt get to see the game, was training until 9 and by the time I was showered and on the way I realised there was only 15 minutes left and I knew we wouldnt win.

2 clean sheets and undefeated sounds good but when it only returns 2 points its not good enough at all.

The worse thing about it is both Manchester clubs are winning without looking to convincing which isnt good for us as we cant buy a win at this stage.

We'll soon be battling with Spurs and Arsenal for 3rd/4th and out of the title race if it doesnt turn around.

I think we are out of the title race already to be fair. Hopefully we can get our ass in gear to get a comfortable third place which we really should, there was always going to be a settling in period this year.

It will be interesting to watch the title race develop, Man City are a very good team with a slightly dodgy manager ManU are a dodgy team with a very good manager. If Fergie was in charge at City it would be almost over already similar to us with Jose.

Its about time, goal line technology being tested at the world club championship. No need to put it in the goal we are attacking then.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/323695/?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement