Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

It will be interesting to watch the title race develop, Man City are a very good team with a slightly dodgy manager ManU are a dodgy team with a very good manager. If Fergie was in charge at City it would be almost over already similar to us with Jose.

Bit of a stretch to say United are a dodgy team. Mancini is a far worse manager than United are a team IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It was a terrible game to watch, the only positive to take out of it is that Marin played & we didnt concede.

IMO it's time to start playing wingers, although Marin only got a few mins last night, he created more chances than the rest of the team did all night, its just not working playing Hazard, Mata & Oscar all at the same time, it leaves the team playing with no width, we're far to easy to defend agaisnt.

West Ham away is going to be a much tougher game than last night, thankfully we're looking a lot better defensively, hopefully we get our act together going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think we are out of the title race already to be fair. Hopefully we can get our ass in gear to get a comfortable third place which we really should, there was always going to be a settling in period this year.

It will be interesting to watch the title race develop, Man City are a very good team with a slightly dodgy manager ManU are a dodgy team with a very good manager. If Fergie was in charge at City it would be almost over already similar to us with Jose.

We've heard it all before thats the problem. :(

We're not back in Stamford Bridge in the EPL until 23rd December, Villa are the team.

Next 3 games are West Ham, Sunderland & Villa.

We're seven points behind United, 2 wins in 10 matches. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Caveman1 wrote: »
    It was a terrible game to watch, the only positive to take out of it is that Marin played & we didnt concede.

IMO it's time to start playing wingers, although Marin only got a few mins last night, he created more chances than the rest of the team did all night, its just not working playing Hazard, Mata & Oscar all at the same time, it leaves the team playing with no width, we're far to easy to defend agaisnt.

West Ham away is going to be a much tougher game than last night, thankfully we're looking a lot better defensively, hopefully we get our act together going forward.

Spot on Cave man!

We have to mix it up a bit, we are not winning so we have to change it up.

Play a 4-3-3, play Hazard/Marin on the left side of Torres and play Mata/Moses on the right until Sturridge is back.

Oscar Mikel and Ramires/Mata in midfield. with the players we have we should be mixing it up, we are way too predictable every game. The players we have in attacking positions are well adaptable to play all over the pitch and switch roles during a game. I would have took Torres off last night and Threw Moses on in front of goal.
    We have no width at all and our fullbacks are not allowed to attack like they were.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We've heard it all before thats the problem. :(

We're not back in Stamford Bridge in the EPL until 23rd December, Villa are the team.

Next 3 games are West Ham, Sunderland & Villa.

We're seven points behind United, 2 wins in 10 matches. :(

Well to be fair, West Ham will be a tough game but the Villa & Sunderland are both struggling too, we need to get maximum points from these games.

I say just sack Benitez.

:p

what a day wrote: »
    I would have took Torres off last night and Threw Moses on in front of goal.

In fairness to Torres, he wasn't actually that bad last night considering the lack of service he got, The main problem I had with Torres performance last night was that he kept drifting out wide to receive the ball, then there was nobody in the box.

We should of bought Berbatov in the summer;)

Well to be fair, West Ham will be a tough game but the Villa & Sunderland are both struggling too, we need to get maximum points from these games.

We've had a lot of games we should have won or not lost, since Spurs away its been like this :

Utd in the league - Shouldnt have lost
    Swansea - Should have won
    Donetsk home - VERY lucky to win
    Liverpool - Should have won
    WBA - Shouldnt have lost
    Juventus - Needed a point, got trounced.
    Man City - Draw, not the worse result but performance was poor.
    Fulham - Should be winning.

Thats a shocking amount of games we're we expected more points then we actually picked up.

Players have to wake up fairly sharpish.

In fairness to Torres, he wasn't actually that bad last night considering the lack of service he got, The main problem I had with Torres performance last night was that he kept drifting out wide to receive the ball, then there was nobody in the box.

We should of bought Berbatov in the summer;)

Thats Torres problem with us though, he doesnt stay between the sticks.

Its good he wants to be invovled in the build up but by the time hes got inovled the ball is moved and theres nobody waiting for a tap in.

Somebody needs to sit him down and tell him when we have the ball in the final 3rd that he should be making runs across and behind defenders, giving players better angles rather then playing right/left wing to offer a simple pass.

My plan would be to sell Sturridge and bring in Huntelaar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

OK. Some positives...... (the_monkey can look away now)

We were shipping some god awful goals before Rafa came, so two clean sheets against 'goal scoring sides' is encouraging.

Azpilcueta looks ready to be set in stone as our first choice RB.

David Luiz is suspended for Saturdays game so we should get to see Ivan and Cahil at CB which is my preferred option whilst JT recovers.

The negative....... (the_monkey can look back now)

It's taken awhile, but I have now officially given up on Torres. :(

Thats Torres problem with us though, he doesnt stay between the sticks.

Its good he wants to be invovled in the build up but by the time hes got inovled the ball is moved and theres nobody waiting for a tap in.

Somebody needs to sit him down and tell him when we have the ball in the final 3rd that he should be making runs across and behind defenders, giving players better angles rather then playing right/left wing to offer a simple pass.

My plan would be to sell Sturridge and bring in Huntelaar.

Huntelaar would actually be a very good low risk signing, how much do ya think he could be bought for?

Huntelaar would actually be a very good low risk signing, how much do ya think he could be bought for?

Schalke's manager said this :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9708517/Arsenal-cannot-afford-Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar-says-Schalke-general-manager-Horst-Heldt.html
    The 29-year-old Dutchman, has been a revelation in the Bundesliga, scoring 29 goals in 32 league games for Schalke last season, and starting this season in similar form.

However, the former Ajax striker, who failed to make the grade at Real Madrid and AC Milan, will be a free agent at the end of this season when his contract expires. This means he can leave on a free in the summer or for around £6 million in January.

A steal if we want to go for it, offer him a 2 year deal witn a 3rd year as an option, it will set us up anyway before we spend big money on another CF in the summer.

even though it says £6Million I'd say it will be closer to £8Million and maybe £100K a week, it would mean Sturridge would be sold IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

RichT wrote: »

Ah now, he's so close to lighting the spark I can feel it :D

solarith wrote: »
    Ah now, he's so close to lighting the spark I can feel it :D

By god I hope you're right!

Schalke's manager said this :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9708517/Arsenal-cannot-afford-Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar-says-Schalke-general-manager-Horst-Heldt.html

A steal if we want to go for it, offer him a 2 year deal witn a 3rd year as an option, it will set us up anyway before we spend big money on another CF in the summer.

even though it says £6Million I'd say it will be closer to £8Million and maybe £100K a week, it would mean Sturridge would be sold IMO.

Definitely worth a bid, another player who id love to see Chelsea sign would be Pato, he's very injury prone but if he was to gain his full fitness he'd light up the PL.

What about Theo Walcott? has proven he can play centrally and would surely not cost much.

• Advertisement

Definitely worth a bid, another player who id love to see Chelsea sign would be Pato, he's very injury prone but if he was to gain his full fitness he'd light up the PL.

PSG and Carlo wanted him before Ibrahimovic, shows ya how much they rate him and were told to politely go do one, he'd cost a fortune and ,ay not want to leave, although I do agree with ya, he'd be excellent in the EPL.

My fantasy signing would be Higuain though.
    What about Theo Walcott? has proven he can play centrally and would surely not cost much.

He'd cost very little too, hes out of contract in the summer so would be got for very little.

Walcott expiring
    Huntleaar expiring
    Llorente expiring

They would be the main options from across Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Huntelaar is exactly the type of player we need, a real poacher. A player like that could make a huge difference for us especially in tight games like last nights.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Huntelaar is exactly the type of player we need, a real poacher. A player like that could make a huge difference for us especially in tight games like last nights.

I'd agree, the guy just scores and as an investment he wouldnt be to expensive at all.

If we get through the group in the UCL maybe we wont go after as he'll be cup tied but I still think he'd do a job in the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

RichT wrote: »
    OK. Some positives...... (the_monkey can look away now)

We were shipping some god awful goals before Rafa came, so two clean sheets against 'goal scoring sides' is encouraging.

Azpilcueta looks ready to be set in stone as our first choice RB.

David Luiz is suspended for Saturdays game so we should get to see Ivan and Cahil at CB which is my preferred option whilst JT recovers.

The negative....... (the_monkey can look back now)

Didn't realise Luiz was suspended for the game on Saturday, that is handy for our interim manager I was wondering if he would play him against the happy hammers in defence. They are shall we say a physical side so Cahill I would have thought would be the better option.

West Ham are a very decent home side Saturday could be very difficult indeed.

Bit of a stretch to say United are a dodgy team. Mancini is a far worse manager than United are a team IMO.

When I say dodgy I mean in comparison to the top four teams, without Fergie I really do not think the current ManU team would be even close to challenging for the league. If over the past few years ManU had serious investment ala Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Malaga etc they would be scary.

• Advertisement

Didn't realise Luiz was suspended for the game on Saturday, that is handy for our interim manager I was wondering if he would play him against the happy hammers in defence. They are shall we say a physical side so Cahill I would have thought would be the better option.

West Ham are a very decent home side Saturday could be very difficult indeed.

I'm sure Luiz would be upto the challenge.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

When I say dodgy I mean in comparison to the top four teams, without Fergie I really do not think the current ManU team would be even close to challenging for the league. If over the past few years ManU had serious investment ala Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Malaga etc they would be scary.

Ok well I completely disagree with that. If Fergie wasn't there, ie if his replacement was there, it would have to be a very good manager (at Guardiola or Mourihno level) so that argument doesn't hold up.

Granted Fergie is a great manager and demands excellence from his team, but part of his managerial greatness is his ability to assemble a very capable squad.

United's squad is just as good as city's if you compare them. We could do with a really top CM if you're picky, but lately Anderson is looking like he could be that player, finally.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this argument. I just couldn't leave that go...

Id love us to get Walcott on the cheap, very dangerous player but the chap is an out an out winger if you ask me. We do need a clinicle finisher in front of goal though but i our biggest failure is just leaving our attacking to Torres. Its just not working, our midfielders have to make runs past defenders and get in at goal.

As for Pato im not a massive fan TBH, we tried to sign him before but i dont think he is growing as a palyer the way the promised when younger. Id rather spend the money on Higuain etc.

Neymar is the way forward Roman, get your wallet out for the new Ronaldo/Messi.

Ok well I completely disagree with that. If Fergie wasn't there, ie if his replacement was there, it would have to be a very good manager (at Guardiola or Mourihno level) so that argument doesn't hold up.

Granted Fergie is a great manager and demands excellence from his team, but part of his managerial greatness is his ability to assemble a very capable squad.

United's squad is just as good as city's if you compare them. We could do with a really top CM if you're picky, but lately Anderson is looking like he could be that player, finally.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this argument. I just couldn't leave that go...

I'd argue City have a better squad, just, but Utd have the 2nd best squad in the league and it would be close between ourselves and Spurs then who would have the 3rd best squad.

I think Utd would knick the Goalkepper department, whiel City have Hart, Utd have 2 good keppers.

City have a marginally better back line, Kompany has no equal and I'd rate Zab higher then Rafael.

City win the midfield duo, just

I think its a draw in the forward battle, both have a few very good options.

What cant be taken away though is Fergie factor and thats worth its weight in gold and something City cant compete with, it will be interesting to see who goes in after Fergie.

Id love us to get Walcott on the cheap, very dangerous player but the chap is an out an out winger if you ask me. We do need a clinicle finisher in front of goal

If we need this ^ we dont need him. V
    Neymar is the way forward Roman

though but i our biggest failure is just leaving our attacking to Torres. Its just not working, our midfielders have to make runs past defenders and get in at goal.

As for Pato im not a massive fan TBH, we tried to sign him before but i dont think he is growing as a palyer the way the promised when younger. Id rather spend the money on Higuain etc.

Higuain is who I want over Falcao anyway but I dont see it happening at all.

I'd love Neymar but again I think its a pipe dream more then anything else IMO.

What do people make of El-Shaaraway of AC Milan? Very young, very talented but he'd very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

rafa-out.jpg

Really? Rafa out? Is this the solution?

I don't think the flair players like Neymar, Walcott are the answer right now.

Really? Rafa out? Is this the solution?

I don't think the flair players like Neymar, Walcott are the answer right now.

Dya know what, I wouldnt be surprised to see him sacked before the end of the season.

Our only hop and its a very long shot is that Roman hires Pep or Jose and just lets them manage and doesnt get involved too much himself.

Wont happen but its my x-mas wish and I've been good this year so I'm owed one I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

CFC has become footballs biggest joke iv been supporting Chelsea for a long time and the way the club is run is sickening and to add insult to injury we get rid of RDM and get in Benitez who just doesnt fit in with anything even remotely related to CFC. All this talk of getting certain players in is becoming a waste of time as the club needs stability with a good consistent manager and we all know that wont happen.

We have a fantastic midfield with a trio of attacking players that any team would love and we had a young talented manager in charge who won us the FA cup and CL and it still wasnt good enough all because the dipsh*t that runs the club wants us to play like Barcelona.......it took Barca years to build up that style of play with good managers at the helm and sensible presidents that just didnt sack people if they lost a couple of games. Guardiola is not the answer, consistency is.

CFC is a joke and it hurts me to say that.

So yes supporters need to protest against the current manager and the owner, im sure there is a nice wealthy sheik out there that would love to buy CFC :D Man city is on a nice road with their owners Chelsea could do with some of that.

Dya know what, I wouldnt be surprised to see him sacked before the end of the season.

Our only hop and its a very long shot is that Roman hires Pep or Jose and just lets them manage and doesnt get involved too much himself.

Wont happen but its my x-mas wish and I've been good this year so I'm owed one I reckon.
    I'd really just love to see Mourinho, not overly convinced of Pep, he lived and breathed Barca for 20 years.

My X-Mas wish is a dominating central midfielder, like Lampard was.

• Advertisement

S28382 wrote: »
    CFC has become footballs biggest joke iv been supporting Chelsea for a long time and the way the club is run is sickening and to add insult to injury we get rid of RDM and get in Benitez who just doesnt fit in with anything even remotely related to CFC. All this talk of getting certain players in is becoming a waste of time as the club needs stability with a good consistent manager and we all know that wont happen.

We have a fantastic midfield with a trio of attacking players that any team would love and we had a young talented manager in charge who won us the FA cup and CL and it still wasnt good enough all because the dipsh*t that runs the club wants us to play like Barcelona.......it took Barca years to build up that style of play with good managers at the helm and sensible presidents that just didnt sack people if they lost a couple of games. Guardiola is not the answer, consistency is.

CFC is a joke and it hurts me to say that.

So yes supporters need to protest against the current manager and the owner, im sure there is a nice wealthy sheik out there that would love to buy CFC :D Man city is on a nice road with their owners Chelsea could do with some of that.

I cant see Roman selling the club, theres no value in it at the moment.

What would you reckon he values the club at? Considering hes spent well over £1 billion on us, £1 billion, thats eye watering amount of money.

There is pro's to Romans ownership, he wants to win everything and will bring in the best to do it but the con is he wants a near instant return on his investment.

We do need consistency but managers are chopped and changed every 3-5 seasons now a days anyway so it isnt the biggest factor. What we have to stop do is panic sacking. Carlo was panic sacked, AVB and RDM too.

We all came to expect RDM would be given until the end of the season and results depending, could take the job long time but it didnt happen, he shouldnt have been sacked though as it was a panic decision.

Its nearly impossible to win while playing beautiful football, Pep had it down to a tee as he had the best players in the world playing a system they're comfortable with.
    I'd really just love to see Mourinho, not overly convinced of Pep, he lived and breathed Barca for 20 years.

My X-Mas wish is a dominating central midfielder, like Lampard was.

Thats the thing, what if Pep comes in and we finish 4th in his first season, managers have got sacked for less, at some point it has to stop and I think either Pep or Jose would be that, if either of them come in well have a manager for a few years.

What midfielder would you suggest?

I cant see Roman selling the club, theres no value in it at the moment.

What would you reckon he values the club at? Considering hes spent well over £1 billion on us, £1 billion, thats eye watering amount of money.

There is pro's to Romans ownership, he wants to win everything and will bring in the best to do it but the con is he wants a near instant return on his investment.

We do need consistency but managers are chopped and changed every 3-5 seasons now a days anyway so it isnt the biggest factor. What we have to stop do is panic sacking. Carlo was panic sacked, AVB and RDM too.

We all came to expect RDM would be given until the end of the season and results depending, could take the job long time but it didnt happen, he shouldnt have been sacked though as it was a panic decision.

Its nearly impossible to win while playing beautiful football, Pep had it down to a tee as he had the best players in the world playing a system they're comfortable with.

Thats the thing, what if Pep comes in and we finish 4th in his first season, managers have got sacked for less, at some point it has to stop and I think either Pep or Jose would be that, if either of them come in well have a manager for a few years.

What midfielder would you suggest?
    Sneijder, Alonso, Schweinsteiger.

If we get Jose in summer then Alonso could actually happen too.

// edit - Didn't realise Alonso was 30.

Sneijder, Alonso, Schweinsteiger.

If we get Jose in summer then Alonso could actually happen too.

// edit - Didn't realise Alonso was 30.

Was just going to say Alonso is pushing on, Sneijder and Schweinsteiger would be impossible to convinve to leave IMO and not what we need.

I'd suggest Khedira but he probably wouldnt leave Real anyway.

Was just going to say Alonso is pushing on, Sneijder and Schweinsteiger would be impossible to convinve to leave IMO and not what we need.

I'd suggest Khedira but he probably wouldnt leave Real anyway.
    You wouldn't know, I think Khedira could be convinced! Real look less team like every week. Sneijder could be convinced with enough cash IMO. As for Schweinsteiger, yeah, impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I don't normally get involved in the chat around here, usually just happy to lurk, but I have to ask. Does anyone seriously think Pep is going to come to the bridge?

I don't, I can see us being left with egg on our face. I don't think Abramovich realises that some people are motivated by more than just money. You know things like professional pride and dignity.

What I think is a real possibility is that if he goes anywhere in England, it will be MUFC. I think that Fergie will not want to leave Old Trafford without a manager like Pep to step into his shoes. At least with them a manager will be allowed to nurture and build a team.

Alonso Snjider and Kediera are not what we need FFS. We have a brilliant midfield!!
    Neymar is not Clinical ?????????
    Considering he plays wide on the left most times this season he scored 41 goals in 44 games. He is just 20 years old and the best prospect in world football.

As i said earlier, we need to be able to mix things up, play a 4-3-3 from time to time.
    Id love Roman to sign us Neymar and if he wants us to be like Barca he has to have the best players in the world. Get rid of Torres and bring in Falcao, sign Neymar and off loads the dead wood in our inflated squad.

All of this crap of so called supporters talking of turning on Roman after all he has done for us and our club, some fans are so stupid it make me gag!
    Roman loves this club and always will, he is striving for perfection and the man wont stop untill he gets it. Granted some managers are premiturly sacked but again its Roman who does not want the club falling out of the champions league and is going to do what ever it takes to get into it each year.

Who cares if we go through a manager every 6 months??? The managers all get well paid and we still win throphys. Its the media that make a huge deal over it and every thing we do, its up to fans to not be influenced by some of the rubish that is printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This guy Taison, is the latest rumour!

According to well respected Brazilian source Globoesporte Chelsea are very close to completing a deal to sign Metalist Kharkiv striker Taison.

Indeed the 24 year old forward was reportedly in the stands at Stamford Bridge last night as the West London side registered a second successive blank under new boss Rafa Benitez.

It seems clear that Chelsea need to reinforce a strike-force that relies almost exclusively on off-form Spanish international Fernando Torres. The 28 year old hasn’t scored in his last seven Premier League appearances and may well be offloaded if he doesn’t hit the type of form one would expect from a £50m signing.

The former Internacional forward is into his third season at Metalist Kharkiv and the adaptable 24 year old has seemingly attracted growing attention with his recent displays.

Taison can play in a number of attacking roles and would join a number of his compatriots with Brazilians David Luiz, Oscar, Ramires and Lucas Piazon already plying their trade at the Premier League club.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I don't normally get involved in the chat around here, usually just happy to lurk, but I have to ask. Does anyone seriously think Pep is going to come to the bridge?

I don't, I can see us being left with egg on our face. I don't think Abramovich realises that some people are motivated by more than just money. You know things like professional pride and dignity.

What I think is a real possibility is that if he goes anywhere in England, it will be MUFC. I think that Fergie will not want to leave Old Trafford without a manager like Pep to step into his shoes. At least with them a manager will be allowed to nurture and build a team.

Yep, this has been my thinking for a while now. Why on earth would Pep at the end of his sabbatical want to get into bed with Abramovich when he could basically pick any job he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Alonso Snjider and Kediera are not what we need FFS. We have a brilliant midfield!!
    Considering he plays wide on the left most times this season he scored 41 goals in 44 games. He is just 20 years old and the best prospect in world football.

As i said earlier, we need to be able to mix things up, play a 4-3-3 from time to time.
    Id love Roman to sign us Neymar and if he wants us to be like Barca he has to have the best players in the world. Get rid of Torres and bring in Falcao, sign Neymar and off loads the dead wood in our inflated squad.

All of this crap of so called supporters talking of turning on Roman after all he has done for us and our club, some fans are so stupid it make me gag!
    Roman loves this club and always will, he is striving for perfection and the man wont stop untill he gets it. Granted some managers are premiturly sacked but again its Roman who does not want the club falling out of the champions league and is going to do what ever it takes to get into it each year.

We can't just rely on flair. Look at the top teams in the world that consistently perform year in year out. There is a time and space for your super skilful guys and there is a other time and another space for less skilful, hardworking guys that impose themselves into games. 11 Messis would e a crap team. 5 Messis would be a crap top 5. Roman wants the beautiful game so he only buys these extremely skilful guys, but one needs the other types of players to allow the creative players be creative.

weiland79 wrote: »

You would imagine that Pep will only return to a team capable of winning the Champions League. Realistically at the moment that would mean there would be a maximum of 10 teams in the running of these lets see

Barca unlikely
    RM certain no
    Man City will they sack Mancini I am not sure
    Man U is Fergie ready to retire?
    Chelsea Could he work with Roman?
    PSG Will they sack Carlo - doubt it
    Inter Are they serious contenders?
    AC Are they serious contenders (could as easy be Juve)?
    Bayern Certainly have shown interest having a great season but Jupp is no spring chicken
    Dortmund Not having a great season but Klopp been there a long time and done really well

If he does not take the Brazil job my guess is ManU or Bayern will be next Pepe port of call

You would imagine that Pep will only return to a team capable of winning the Champions League. Realistically at the moment that would mean there would be a maximum of 10 teams in the running of these lets see

Barca unlikely
    RM certain no
    Man City will they sack Mancini I am not sure
    Man U is Fergie ready to retire?
    Chelsea Could he work with Roman?
    PSG Will they sack Carlo - doubt it
    Inter Are they serious contenders?
    AC Are they serious contenders (could as easy be Juve)?
    Bayern Certainly have shown interest having a great season but Jupp is no spring chicken
    Dortmund Not having a great season but Klopp been there a long time and done really well

If he does not take the Brazil job my guess is ManU or Bayern will be next Pepe port of call

Felipe Scolari has been named Brazil coach until after the 2014 WC

Why do people want rid of Mikel and Ramires so?

Hes not a forward, not in the out and out sense of the world. Torres moves into the channel and is criticised as nobody is in the box Neymar prove the same problem unless we play him from wide and he wont join us.

Its not always as simple as Rich club + talented player = transfer.

I'm sure Roman doesnt to spend another £100 million on 2 players, throwing cash at a problem cant always sort it out.

Who cares if we go through a manager every 6 months??? The managers all get well paid and we still win throphys. Its the media that make a huge deal over it and every thing we do, its up to fans to not be influenced by some of the rubish that is printed.

Thats the thing RDM won the UCL but done a worse job then AVB in the league and was found out and axed.

Barca unlikely - He'd walk back in if he wants
    RM certain no - Never happen
    Man City will they sack Mancini I am not sure - Mancini wont be there long I reckon, they've been terrible in Europe for 2 seasons with a very good team.
    Man U is Fergie ready to retire? - Likely choice IMO, but depends on Fergie.
    Chelsea Could he work with Roman? - He'll be the best paid manager in the world if he did.
    PSG Will they sack Carlo - doubt it - No need to sack Carlo, hes an excellent coach.
    Inter Are they serious contenders? - Wouldnt say so
    AC Are they serious contenders (could as easy be Juve)? - They'll be lucky to qualify for the UCL next year.
    Bayern Certainly have shown interest having a great season but Jupp is no spring chicken - Possibily, Bayern are a god team too.
    Dortmund Not having a great season but Klopp been there a long time and done really well - Cant se them changing manager anytime soon and a good UCL run will help them.

Above ^

Barca are having a terrific season so if Pepe did go there maybe we could have Tito instead so far he is doing a bang up job.

• Advertisement

Barca are having a terrific season so if Pepe did go there maybe we could have Tito instead so far he is doing a bang up job.

He has less experience then Pep.

4 years as his assistant and this is first managerial role, walking into a job he was well familiar with?

No thanks. :D

Why do people want rid of Mikel and Ramires so?

Hes not a forward, not in the out and out sense of the world. Torres moves into the channel and is criticised as nobody is in the box Neymar prove the same problem unless we play him from wide and he wont join us.

Its not always as simple as Rich club + talented player = transfer.

I'm sure Roman doesnt to spend another £100 million on 2 players, throwing cash at a problem cant always sort it out.

Thats the thing RDM won the UCL but done a worse job then AVB in the league and was found out and axed.

Whats this we cant just reply on flair? Im not talking any thing about play, im talking about the best players on the planet. Gav i dont see many people wanting rid of Mikel and Ramires. Mikel has been one our best players this season bar one or two games he made mistakes. Ramires is doing a job but the position does not suit him IMO, a really good player and very versitile. As for us needing a ball winning midfielder we have 3 in Ramires Mikel and Oriol. Besides we should be working as a team and the whole squad tracking back and closing down the oposition to win the ball back.

Neymar is not a forward? ok

Im sure Roman does not want to spend another 100 million on 2 players but if he wants the best he will, he done with with Torres and Sheva not to mention the others. He is learing as he goes and i have full faith in him.

As for us hiring Pep, im all for getting him in, give him a go and if he fails he will be sacked too. If he is a success, well the sky is the limit on how far he could take us but il enjoy the ride if Roman manages to get him to sign. We have a good a chance as any one to sign the likes of Guardiola/Neymar/Falcao etc. All this doom and gloom is doing my head in!! We are in a CL spot, have and excellent squad, loads of money, European Champions and FA cup winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

What midfielder would you suggest?[/Quote]

None, we have oscar & josh. As someone else suggested, and I have also, time to move to 4-3-3. Oscar and ramires in the centre would work extremely well imo

Whats this we cant just reply on flair? Im not talking any thing about play, im talking about the best players on the planet. Gav i dont see many people wanting rid of Mikel and Ramires. Mikel has been one our best players this season bar one or two games he made mistakes. Ramires is doing a job but the position does not suit him IMO, a really good player and very versitile. As for us needing a ball winning midfielder we have 3 in Ramires Mikel and Oriol. Besides we should be working as a team and the whole squad tracking back and closing down the oposition to win the ball back.

Yes, they should but they're not., it needs to be coached into them.
    Neymar is not a forward? ok

Read the rest of what I said, hes not a proper CF, like in the same sense Messi isnt but he plays up there anyway is allowed to do what he likes but the rest of the team have to work for him.
    Im sure Roman does not want to spend another 100 million on 2 players but if he wants the best he will, he done with with Torres and Sheva not to mention the others. He is learing as he goes and i have full faith in him.

Roman is the reason we are where we are.
    As for us hiring Pep, im all for getting him in, give him a go and if he fails he will be sacked too. If he is a success, well the sky is the limit on how far he could take us but il enjoy the ride if Roman manages to get him to sign. We have a good a chance as any one to sign the likes of Guardiola/Neymar/Falcao etc. All this doom and gloom is doing my head in!! We are in a CL spot, have and excellent squad, loads of money, European Champions and FA cup winners.

We do but we need consistency as a team, we go through to many slumps and dont win games when City and Utd are dragging out 3 points were struggling to draws, our mentality has to change.

I don't believe Oscar or Ramires are good enough to be a focal point in a top 6 in the world team, which is what we are aiming to be.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement