Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think we need an "interim" interim manager :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Absolute disgrace how does he justify Torres playing 90 minutes. Did nowt to counteract hammers half time change just same oh same oh when we were second best from 20 minutes onwards.

Claims that RDM had no tactical nous look non sense now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ah who cares anymore. I love chelsea and always have and always will but I can't be arsed with this team so atm I am beyond caring. Fook this sh!t:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

bullpost wrote: »
    I think we need an "interim" interim manager :(

I think you need a new owner tbh.

Thought Chelsea really looked good in the first half. Second ye went to pot. West Ham started putting the pressure on and ye fell apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    I think you need a new owner tbh.

Thought Chelsea really looked good in the first half. Second ye went to pot. West Ham started putting the pressure on and ye fell apart.

Nah we just need an owner that learns from his mistakes, atm he is as thick as sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Not too sure where to begin, talk about a game of two halves.

What's the rules on bringing back Lukaku?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

RDM should still be in charge the club is going backwards RA is off his rocker the way he is constantly fu*king things up and bringing in Benitiz has to be the worst thing RA he has done at this rate we are looking at the Europa league.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Nah we just need an owner that learns from his mistakes

............ a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Not too sure where to begin, talk about a game of two halves.

What's the rules on bringing back Lukaku?

Chelsea have the option to bring him back in January if they want.

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    ............ a new one.

No, i like romans £££££££££££$$$$$$$$ but unless he uses it correctly then we will just have more of this sh!t

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rafa the master tactician just got out flanked by Sam Allardyce, that was truly embarrassing, Well in control at half time too getting slaughtered in the second .

Takes off Hazard when Ramieres was absolutely dire today
    Takes off Mosses when Ramieres was still being absolutely dire and totally at fault for the second goal.
    Torres is done , complete cack , cant even control the ball and gets bullied all over the park

Blood is boiling here ,

Rafa and Torres are a like a cancer at the moment , hope Roman is felling trigger happy again

We looked decent for 20 - 30imins tide turned well before half time and was all hammers in second. Our interim manager had his day in the sun years ago there is a reason why he has not had a team since destroying Joses Inter team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

S28382 wrote: »
    RDM should still be in charge the club is going backwards RA is off his rocker the way he is constantly fu*king things up and bringing in Benitiz has to be the worst thing RA he has done at this rate we are looking at the Europa league.:mad:

Might have to win that to get in next year as sliding down the table fast and unless Torres is dropped I be surprised if we beat last year position in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Ah who cares anymore. I love chelsea and always have and always will but I can't be arsed with this team so atm I am beyond caring. Fook this sh!t:mad:
    We've no choice but to stick with Benitez.

As far as RA is concerned, he has to give up on Torres now. We can't be playing any longer with 10 men and no striker. And we can't keep shipping points at this rate.

Priority no. 1 is to keep in touch with 4th until January, get in a half decent striker, and put everything into the league for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Phoenix wrote: »
    We should change the motto to suit how the team currently play,instead of "Carefree" from today it will be "Apathy"

A-path-y

Wherever you may be

Cos we are the famous

CFC

And we don't give a fúck

No seriously...

We don't give a fúck

Meh

Yadda yadda yadda

Fill this bit in yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The players are not the problem its the owner and his stupid ways of running the club, we have good players we had a good up and coming manager in RDM and the owner went and f*cked it all up because he has a hard on for Guardiola who will never come anywhere near Chelsea. RA IS A F*CKING MUPPET!

Rafa the master tactician just got out flanked by Sam Allardyce, that was truly embarrassing, Well in control at half time too getting slaughtered in the second .

Takes off Hazard when Ramieres was absolutely dire today
    Takes off Mosses when Ramieres was still being absolutely dire and totally at fault for the second goal.
    Torres is done , complete cack , cant even control the ball and gets bullied all over the park

Blood is boiling here ,

Rafa and Torres are a like a cancer at the moment , hope Roman is felling trigger happy again

Until both are gone chelsea are in trouble. Torres is ruined and rafa will NEVER win the fans over (rightly or wrongly, who cares). They both need to go quickly for any progress to be made.

Until both are gone chelsea are in trouble. Torres is ruined and rafa will NEVER win the fans over (rightly or wrongly, who cares). They both need to go quickly for any progress to be made.

You're basically asking RA to publicly admit his feck-up. What purpose will that serve?

No. Best to hold our nerve, get in a couple of decent players who'll do a decent job for us and aim for UCL qualification.

Perhaps the man who should fall on his sword is Emenalao.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Make up your mind, you said this a few hours ago :rolleyes:
    I agree, personally I will support anyone who is in charge because that will help the team. This nonsense from some fans is counter productive especially since rafa is only interim manager.

I do wonder sometimes ...

Make up your mind, you said this a few hours ago :rolleyes:

I do wonder sometimes ...

I said I will support whoever is in charge and I still do. The point I was making is that the fans on the whole will not support benitez so maybe its best if he was not here. I still support him btw but the reality is that the fans (as a whole) are never going to shine to him and that will be detrimental to the progress of the team. There is no contradiction in what I have said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City losing, any chance of both Manchester clubs f'ing up at home?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City losing, any chance of both Manchester clubs f'ing up at home?

Not relevant to us tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think 'Arry would have been a better interim!:eek:

Not relevant to us tbh.

Loads of games left to turn around our fortunes.....City have just equalised though.
    Panthro wrote: »
    I think 'Arry would have been a better interim!:eek:

:eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It's no good saying Torres must go. He is the only fit striker we have, otherwise Danny would be starting. We have no one else!
    We just weren't clinical enough we had chances to win it, but it was down to the players and not rafa

Rafa is right as well. We have the nucleus of a great squad but lack a striker and dm

Arsenal lost and City drew, its asking for alot for Utd to f' up although Utd only Lose or win, haven't drawn yet this season so I'm expecting them to pounce on City's slip , WBA also lost but Spurs won.

Chelsea, Spurs, WBA all on 26.

• Advertisement

Rafa is right as well. We have the nucleus of a great squad but lack a striker and dm

Striker, dm and a manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't think it will be too long until Torres becomes 1st big scapegoat in a long time. Torres has never given the fans much cause to celebrate him, but time and again they sang his name and allowed him to fluff chance after chance. Fans would still, I think, have stuck by him through thin and thin until the arrival of Benitez, now they are both tarred with the same brush and Torres will either have to finally hit some kind or form or the discontent with him will become much more audible.

Saying that, Chelsea fans are a lot more patient with players generally these days, I remember the old days when Joe McLaughlin was booed for weeks on end, even after his daughter died, or Dave Beasant enduring barracking or (admittedly crap players) Dave Mitchell and Joe Allen getting dogs abuse week in week out. So maybe Fernando is safe for a while yet.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arsenal lost and City drew, its asking for alot for Utd to f' up although Utd only Lose or win, haven't drawn yet this season so I'm expecting them to pounce on City's slip , WBA also lost but Spurs won.

Chelsea, Spurs, WBA all on 26.
    This is all grist to MU's mill. They're no great shakes, yet they're starting to put clear blue water between themselves and the following pack. Things could also start to go badly wrong for Mancini if he loses ground on Utd. We could then be in a four or five way dogfight for the three other UCL places.

That's why CFC has to get behind Benitez, get in a couple of hard-working bargains and slog through to the summer.

It's vital not to lose heart. We need to make the most of what we've got until January when the squad can be freshened up. By that stage it should also become clearer who's going to be managing CFC in June. The worst thing Chelsea can do is create the conditions for a complete implosion. Obsessing about Benitez could be our undoing. Let's just get on with the dogfight that the rest of this season is going to be.

The best we can hope for is for Roman to sit down and be honest with himself.
    His actions bring short term success and Chelsea are as far away from his dream of playing Barca football as they have ever been, and without even the solace of playing winning football.
    Maybe he will step back a bit, coax Mourhino or another manager and give them a bit of a chance to shape the team.
    (Rafa will never win the fans over, even if he wins something)
    Hopefully he will also fire some of his advisors like Michael E.
    When you fire the managers, change the players and still things dont work, surely its time to look in another direction
    We certainly dont want Roman to go.
    But even for him, there are lessons to be learnt and he needs to take a long hard look at how his actions have affected things, because there is no one else left to be responsible.
    Man City are more like I expected Chelsea to be - less interfering and leaving the football to those who know.
    Really Roman only has himself to blame, because we should have won a lot more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Got to get through this bad run of results.

And I think the Club World Cup is the perfect opportunity to do this!

All is not lost, believe in the team, even if you dont want the manager....

Weve been in bad situations before and got out of them..

I think we as fans need to get behind our players, and not keep putting pressure on the manager, obviously it doesnt help the team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

@Sarge, Roman will never change, he's had plenty of opportunities to notice/correct the error of his ways and he's never taken them.

When it comes to football he's obviously a clueless control freak. As long as he's around the club will remain stuck in this endless loop and will only become more of a laughing stock over time.

I don't know what people are expecting from Pep, if you ask me, no one will ever deliver the impossible results RA seems to expect. That's if he even wants the job, I know If I was him I wouldn't go near Chelsea.

• Advertisement

The best we can hope for is for Roman to sit down and be honest with himself.
    His actions bring short term success and Chelsea are as far away from his dream of playing Barca football as they have ever been, and without even the solace of playing winning football.
    Maybe he will step back a bit, coax Mourhino or another manager and give them a bit of a chance to shape the team.
    (Rafa will never win the fans over, even if he wins something)
    Hopefully he will also fire some of his advisors like Michael E.
    When you fire the managers, change the players and still things dont work, surely its time to look in another direction
    We certainly dont want Roman to go.
    But even for him, there are lessons to be learnt and he needs to take a long hard look at how his actions have affected things, because there is no one else left to be responsible.
    Man City are more like I expected Chelsea to be - less interfering and leaving the football to those who know.
    Really Roman only has himself to blame, because we should have won a lot more

It would be nice to think that roman would sit down and accept his mistakes and learn from it but I really don't think he will. He will keep sacking managers until he gets whatever he wants, he will keep emenalo because he wants to control every aspect of the club, put simply he does not trust a mourinho type to spend his money and play football the way he wants. Most fans of the club would never have sacked jose and would be prepared to give him full control and success would naturally follow.

Just looked at the table. Ten points off Utd. That's quite a turnaround from their hesitant start.

If Benitez is correct to say that our squad is too small and already tired out, it doesn't bode well for the next 6 weeks. We can expect to drop more points, go out of the UCL and flunk the World Club Championships.

And it looks like a long hard season after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The bigger problem isn't that Benitez is ex-Liverpool or once said some mean things about Chelsea, but that he doesn't give a monkey's.

Interim manager doesn't have to mean ineffectual - look at Hiddink - but certainly the players don't seem too bothered about results and performances. This is exacerbated by the back channels for mumbling to Abramovich that have always existed.

I wouldn't even mind if this season was a write-off in terms of trophies or even qualifying for the Champions League, if the remainder of the season was spent teeing up the side for the arrival of Pep. That would mean less concentration on week-to-week results and more on retaining possession and perfecting the passing game. But I see no sign of that.

Short-term thinking would be to get a few live bodies in in January - a centre-back, defensive midfielder and striker - to get us over the line in terms of CL qualification. But if this is all about the lead-up to a glorious new Reign of Pep, then we should only buy world class players (such as Falcao) and wait until they are available. Surely the one non-negotiable demand Pep would have would be complete control over buying players. If Abramovich won't give it to him, there are plenty that will, including Manchester City. And what if SAF announces his retirement at the end of the season?

If you're Guardiola, what looks more attractive? A club that's had one manager in 20 years and gives you total control or a club that has a new manager every 6 months and has an owner who thinks he's playing Football Manager 2012?

Sorry, I still can't figure out why Benitez has been brought in. If he's not progressing the club towards the Barcelona-In-Blue team of Roman's fantasies, what is the point of him?

The annoying thing is how close we came to winning yesterday. We did play some nice stuff and for the first goal,Torres showed how important it is to get around the back.
    If we had got that second goal, that would have been it, but the longer it went on, the more nervous and desperate we got.
    I thought Moses was very wasteful, got in good positions and then choose the wrong pass or the hollywood shot. Like to see Marin start next time
    Part of it is us trying to find Torres instead of the better option. Obviously the manager has told us to pass it to him, but he gets in terrible positions with lots of defenders between himself. When ramires passed it to him for example, he should have slipped it through to the runner (which is the run Torres should have done) then we would have been one on one with the keeper
    If the runner with the ball is on the right, Torres will go to the far left, requiring a precise pass, but the ball is crossed too fast for him.
    We are creating which is good, just not clinincal enough

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Morning peeps.

Are we happy now?

A week on from my meltdown diatribe against Paris Abramovich, I'm beginning to see things even more clearly.

I suffered myself to watch that West Ham game yesterday. We ( Yes, I'm still part of "we") performed well in the 1st half, and should have been 3 up, but were blown away by drive, desire and fearless West Ham play in the second. I dont like Fergies-little-friends style of play, but we were just out-Boltonned in the end. Well done Big Sam.

End of match report.

Now. Having mulled over my on line diatribe, I began to critique my statements and sentiments. The more I think about it, the more correct I feel. It all comes down to this statement;

Abramovich's hubris over his "golden" signings has cost us not once but twice, at least"

Remember when the original Mrs, A used to sweep up to the back of the West Stand in her merc, and be escorted up to her own aerie ( yes, aerie as in "home of a bird of prey") in the sky? And a fine looking lady she was too, though she refused my offer of a pint, a hot dog and a quick squeeze behind the old Shed wall. Well she needed a playmate in SW6, so Roman signed our friend Shevchenko, and more importantly, Mrs Shevchekno. This guaranteed that the girls could have fun around Sloane Square, Kensington et al. And Roman could have some peace in his domestic life. This Shevchenko was one of the root causes of the disharmony that swamped the club and led to the departure of our greatest manager in 2007.

** see end of page

And here we are again. Two years on from the arrival of El Nino, and still the structure of the club crumbles as we try to get the great Fernando to perfrom once again. Paris' golden plaything, on whom he spent 50,000,000 pounds. Well, according to Paris' view of the World, money is everything, the true barometer of worth. Therefore, Torres MUST be brilliant. The logic of accountants, and the same level of love and pride. Good, young managers leave. and yet Fernando toils on. and toil is the word. I have seen tectonic plates move faster.

Dear Paris, you have been sold a pup. Now please admit it, and move on or move out and take your golden boy with you. Self criticism and learning is the true sign of emotional and personal maturity.

Fernando is no Emperor, and he most definitely has no clothes. There, I've said it. Is anyone listening in the Millennium suites? Thought not.

Love, Tigerbaby.

True and Blue forever.

** This story about Mrs A. and me may have been wishful thinking or perhaps even a lucid dreaming experience on either her behalf or mine. I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Part of it is us trying to find Torres instead of the better option. Obviously the manager has told us to pass it to him, but he gets in terrible positions with lots of defenders between himself. When ramires passed it to him for example, he should have slipped it through to the runner (which is the run Torres should have done) then we would have been one on one with the keeper
    If the runner with the ball is on the right, Torres will go to the far left, requiring a precise pass, but the ball is crossed too fast for him.

For me, this is the biggest problem in Torres' game since he arrived at Chelsea. He just never seems to get in decent spots, he always seems to leave a couple of defenders between him and the goal and as a result he loses possession, in fact I'd say he's conceded the ball more times than any other player in his time at the club.

It's no good having the playmakers looking for him if he keeps hiding, there's only so much they can do.

We had and let him go - All our problems have been since he left.
    Forget Pep - go on bended knee and bring HIM back!

Master showman Jose Mourinho may have pulled off one of the best stunts of his career on Saturday night, in the lead up to the derby win over Atletico Madrid.

Under pressure after a poor La Liga start to the campaign, with sections of the Real Madrid support booing The Special One during the victory over Alocyano in midweek, Mourinho spectacularly turned the tables with a move almost unseen in professional football.

Seriously, which other manager or coach could pull something like this off?!

As he had promised and planned, Mourinho walked on to the Bernabeu pitch at 21.20 Madrid time (40 minutes before kick off), receiving plenty of applause from those present for his two-minute vigil.

Any boos heard were put down to the Atletico Madrid support in the Bernabeu and there were also home made banners in support of Mourinho spotted at the famous ground as well as songs for the former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan coach.

The success of this brilliant stunt (no doubt some will be critical) was ensured when Los Blancos secured a 2-0 win. And in the long term it gives Mourinho yet more clout with a notoriously difficult hierarchy at Real Madrid with the back drop of plenty of mouth watering job prospects at the likes of PSG, Manchester City or even a return to Chelsea.

In recent history only under Mourinho did Chelsea have a playing style and identity that was fully understood by all, including its fans, supported and executed by the team bringing in unprecedented success.

After Mourinho's era, no Chelsea manager has come any close to creating a successfully playing style and team identity, though many have tried to solve the problem in their own different ways. It wasn't a surprise that finally the Champions Cup glory was achieved by using the old playing identity after many attempts at finding a more attacking style of play had failed.

Read more: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=532031#ixzz2DtLmM5LV

Would anyone want Jose over Pep?

F$CK YESSSSSS

Any day of the week

Jose is god.

Having jose* back would breath life back into the club, we would have a sense of identity back again and can you imagine the atmosphere at the bridge if that were to happen. Unfortunately this string of interim managers has ripped the soul out of the place IMO.

*I am aware that there is no chance of TSO coming back but I can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

In a heartbeat. I'm not getting the Pep hype at all. Bringing back Mourinho won't happen but it would be amazing if we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Getting rid of Maureen, biggest mistake Abraham made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Why are people giving Benitez stick over our results, he's only been here 3 weeks, the fact of the matter is we are basically playing with 10 men every game, Torres is better off not turning up at all, last season we were trying to give Torres a run of games and phase out Drogba and look what happened, we we're absolutely horrendous, we had to get Drogba to rescue us time & time again.

Unfortunately we havn't got a striker thats able to do that for us now, hopefully we bring in a decent striker in Jan and see how we're able to perform.

Hopefully we put in a good performance in the CL in midweek, we need to be on a bit of a high going into the Sunderland game, we really cant afford to be dropping more points.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement