Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I f**king forgot to record it. :(

Bo**cks anyway.

Sky remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Looks like a great call by Rafa.

As i said before Rami tends to get lost in the deep role and Luiz is a much more powerfull player with a better range of passing than Rami. With Luiz and Mikel in the deep role we will be very solid.

I dont want Luiz to move perminant to Midfield because i think he can offer us more as a CB but at the moment he is one of our best options in defensive midfield.

I may be warming to Rafa..............................nah maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sky remote!

Dont have it setup and I dont know any of the account details off the top of my head. :(

Feck it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I thought you could watch this on BBC iplayer??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I wonder will it be Mikel & Oscar in the middle with Luiz in behind ? Seems starnge both Mikel & Luiz playing together as both are defensive minded.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I thought you could watch this on BBC iplayer??

Mine wont platy in work anyway but I think the iPlayer is only available in the UK, unless people have a way of getting around it. ;)
    Caveman1 wrote: »
    I wonder will it be Mikel & Oscar in the middle with Luiz in behind ? Seems starnge both Mikel & Luiz playing together as both are defensive minded.

Luiz and defensive minded rarely go hand in hand. :pac:

Mikel will be the bruiser and holding of the two while Luiz will be allowed to join the attack and link play IMO.

Dont have it setup and I dont know any of the account details off the top of my head. :(

Feck it anyway.

if you can log into your sky account you can get all your details

Lads if anyone wants a link, drop me a PM.

if you can log into your sky account you can get all your details

Access denied in work.

Ah I'll just catch the highlights later on.

Access denied in work.

Ah I'll just catch the highlights later on.

get a smart phone and the app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Living in the uk at the moment myself, anybody know if its actually on bbc player? Can't find it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

On BBC Red Button as well I understand.
    Or Sky 143 BBC HD.

kleefarr wrote: »
    On BBC Red Button as well I understand.
    Or Sky 143 BBC HD.

No even better, goes though my work proxy
    live on this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20710542

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Never mind, found a really good stream. Absolutely delighted Luiz is starting in midfield, could be the beginning of something good!

Never mind, found a really good stream. Absolutely delighted Luiz is starting in midfield, could be the beginning of something good!

Its live on the bbc web site

Luiz already playing a stormer

Luiz already playing a stormer

No need for Fellaini when we have our own crazy haired midfield dynamo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Damn you firewall damn you to hell.

From twitter seems like we are missing a lot of chances hopefully not shades of Liverpool a few years back.

wooo hooo ooops didnt realise there was a match thread

http://bombsight.org/#15/51.4758/-0.1973

Interesting 2 bombs feel on Stamford Bridge apparently during the blitz in London but none on Craven Cottage or Loftus Road though one did fall on Brentford. Wembley Stadium escaped as well.

In case anyone was wondering what JT was doing during the Monterrey game well here you are, very odd that he should post it but each to their own.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gallery/gimages/image/john-terry-posts-a-bizarre-semi-naked-picture-on-instagram-as-chelsea-take-on-monterrey/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

In case anyone was wondering what JT was doing during the Monterrey game well here you are, very odd that he should post it but each to their own.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gallery/gimages/image/john-terry-posts-a-bizarre-semi-naked-picture-on-instagram-as-chelsea-take-on-monterrey/

That is a weird picture alright haha!

Whilst you were all enjoying the match (again damn you firewall) I scoured the web for interesting bits and bobs. Failing miserably I came up with this instead.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/40202_real_madrid_set_to_sell_marcelo_to_fund_bid_for_tottenham_s_bale_-_report.html?

Not surprising of course that Bale is being chased, fine player, just not sure about Marcelo decent going forward maybe not the best defender. Also always seems to be getting booked or sent off but that could be lust my imagination as well of course. Also ST£25m bit steep, would much prefer to keep Ash for 2 or 3 more years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »

That's why I asked. I've €100 on Chelsea. :pac:

Thanks lads! :pac:

Whilst you were all enjoying the match (again damn you firewall) I scoured the web for interesting bits and bobs. Failing miserably I came up with this instead.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/40202_real_madrid_set_to_sell_marcelo_to_fund_bid_for_tottenham_s_bale_-_report.html?

Not surprising of course that Bale is being chased, fine player, just not sure about Marcelo decent going forward maybe not the best defender. Also always seems to be getting booked or sent off but that could be lust my imagination as well of course. Also ST£25m bit steep, would much prefer to keep Ash for 2 or 3 more years.

That would be a really stupid move if they sell Marcelo or Coentrao. Both are fine LB's.

In fact I'd love if we got Coentrao or Marcelo, also I cant see Bale playing LB on a regular basis for any club in hte next couple of years. If anything they'll be playing him on the opposite wing to Ronaldo.

Just had a quick look in fairness to Marcello he has cleaned up his act re bookings over the past few years. Still ST£25m is way too much for him.

It will be interesting to see if Bale is at Spurs next season if they don't make the champions league.

Those that were hanging us out to dry over the Clattenberg affair and its fallout seem to have missed this. So here you are guys...

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/cps_drop_case_over_alleged_racist_fan_incident_at_chelsea_match_1_1741211

Not everything that happens at Chelsea is bad contrary to popular belief.

Just had a quick look in fairness to Marcello he has cleaned up his act re bookings over the past few years. Still ST£25m is way too much for him.

It will be interesting to see if Bale is at Spurs next season if they don't make the champions league.

I cant see anyone paying stupid money for him though. That article mentioned £50+ million, hes not worth nowhere near that, realistically but its all down to supply & demand I suppose.

• Advertisement

Cant see this happening at all : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-join-manchester-city-in-chase-1488045

Would give us an other option to play in the front 3 positions, sure thats what we need is another one. :p

Was good to see Luiz play in midfield, he done a good job and would only get better with more games. Still think he should be a CB for us though once we can get a better DM.
    Was suprized not to see Marin get some time and i would have played him out on the left and moved Oscar/Hazard to fit im in on our left. Moses was also good to see him playing up front, he gives us some thing different to Torres and is our nearest thing to a striker we have other than Danny and Torres.

Cant see this happening at all : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-join-manchester-city-in-chase-1488045

Would give us an other option to play in the front 3 positions, sure thats what we need is another one. :p

Cant really see why he would be frustrated OK Malaga not the biggest club in the world but top 4 in Spain last 16 of the Champions League and plays just about every game. Unless his wages are poor I would have thought he is loving it at the moment.

No doubt ambitious but this is silly season I suppose, every player in Europe up for grabs.

I have not seen him play but if he is any thing like Mata sign him up!!!
    I dont understand when fellow fans dont like us signing top quality players. If we signed him he could turn out to be better than one of our first 11 and would better the squad. Im all for it.

Those that were hanging us out to dry over the Clattenberg affair and its fallout seem to have missed this. So here you are guys...

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/cps_drop_case_over_alleged_racist_fan_incident_at_chelsea_match_1_1741211

Not everything that happens at Chelsea is bad contrary to popular belief.

It could be argued that because of his bad performance, he got RDM sacked and we lost a valuable team member for 3 matches :p

Phoenix wrote: »
    What striker do ye actually think we get come January?

None I reckon, Torres, Sturridge and Moses will be played.

Wait until summer until we spend big, big transfers in January are always risky.

None I reckon, Torres, Sturridge and Moses will be played.

Wait until summer until we spend big, big transfers in January are always risky.

IMO, Danny is off. Somebody like Ba to come in and maybe 1 more striker - a loaner maybe

IMO, Danny is off. Somebody like Ba to come in and maybe 1 more striker - a loaner maybe

Demba Ba though? :confused:

Should be setting our sights higher then him.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Shola Ameobi?:pac:

Thats it I'm done.

:p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY_dWQ3Skwj_x0cbtmh-hjr6mlCLIYcenBXcZGyGwtivBc_JlK1w

I think Sturridge is gone too lads. We will defo sign some on in January. Maybe some one like Ba, cheap and PL proven. We could also make a bid for Shurrle and who know i would not be suprized to see us look for Falcao/Higuain.

I read some where during the summer that Real Madrid were offering us Higuain as long as we left the path clear for Falcao to go to them. Only snag was real wanted too much off us for Higuain and we told them to take a hike. Maybe a better deal can be done now for Higuain.

I still think we will be at least one striker and sell on Sturridge to Pool.

I seen some Benitez quotes on twitter earlier, not sure how true they are but he said something along the lines of he knows there's been some contact with Chelsea & other clubs regarding Sturridge, to me that sounds like we're open to offers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him join Liverpool in Jan, I think it would be a good move for all concerned as long as we have a replacement lined up.

Will Demba Ba be going to the now annual African Cup of Nations. If so there has to be better options for a short term signing Drogba anyone????

Will Demba Ba be going to the now annual African Cup of Nations. If so there has to be better options for a short term signing Drogba anyone????

No he wont, Senegal got knocked out :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Good interview was Eden HAZZZZZZARRRD
    Eden Hazard has praised his Chelsea team-mates and described his delight at how he has settled in west London following his big money arrival from Lille in the summer.

The Belgian has made an encouraging start in the Premier League and was in dangerous form in the Blues’ 3-1 Club World Cup win over Monterrey today in Japan.

“I couldn’t be happier to be a part of Chelsea Football Club,” he told FIFA.com after the game.

“Every day I get to play with some great warriors.

“The fans are incredible at the club,” he continued.

“The English Premier League is a big league with big games. It’s exactly where I want to be.

“I’m a Chelsea player and I am going to do everything I can to win the trophy here in Japan and bring it back to Stamford Bridge

No he wont, Senegal got knocked out :D

Didnt they get kicked out for trouble with the fans??

I seen some Benitez quotes on twitter earlier, not sure how true they are but he said something along the lines of he knows there's been some contact with Chelsea & other clubs regarding Sturridge, to me that sounds like we're open to offers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him join Liverpool in Jan, I think it would be a good move for all concerned as long as we have a replacement lined up.

If we can off load for the reported £12-15 million it would be the deal of the century for us, Liverpool fans would hate it.

Just check their thread and I'd agree with them, hes not worth that money but if we managed to get it I'd be very happy.

If we can off load for the reported £12-15 million it would be the deal of the century for us, Liverpool fans would hate it.

Just check their thread and I'd agree with them, hes not worth that money but if we managed to get it I'd be very happy.

We should ask for Suraz PLUS 15 million! ;)

• Advertisement

We should ask for Suraz PLUS 15 million! ;)

No harm asking they can only say no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement