Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

This appears to be the starting XI against Corinthians

Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Moses, Hazard, Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

RichT wrote: »
    This appears to be the starting XI against Corinthians

Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Moses, Hazard, Torres

I'm actually a bit disappointed to see Lamps start, I know he's only getting his fitness back but when he came on in the last game he was annonymous.

Really hope we win this cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If you're Oscar you must be disappointed. Excellent in the last game, playing in the final of a tournament that is so important to him and his countrymen, against the great rivals of the team he supported as a boy, the established starting number 10 for Brazil and he is stuck on the Chelsea bench.

If you're Oscar you must be disappointed. Excellent in the last game, playing in the final of a tournament that is so important to him and his countrymen, against the great rivals of the team he supported as a boy, the established starting number 10 for Brazil and he is stuck on the Chelsea bench.

I was thinking that myself, you can be sure he'll get a run out at some stage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sarcasm?

Not from me, a final is a final. Arsenal would love to swap places.
    Really looking forward to it

Monterey beat Al Ahly 2-0 in the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Set up a match thread. Not sure it'll be that busy but hey it's a Final.

How come Chelsea havnt got the star over the crest yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Too classy for that.

(My champions of europe jersey has one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Got to be the end for Chelsea surely,? Lucky to finish 10th in he league rubbish can't even beat 11 fat old donkeys ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

the_monkey wrote: »
    Got to be the end for Chelsea surely,? Lucky to finish 10th in he league rubbish can't even beat 11 fat old donkeys ...

Seriously, GO AWAY and take your bullsh!t with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone still think we can be reliant on Torres?

NO, it's depressing watching him play.

We are paying for the euro 2012 .... We never deserved it anyway so this is the price ... To fall and fall , I reckon 5 years Nd we are in the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What are you talking about? :confused:

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What are you talking about? :confused:

The monkey is in full mental breakdown mode today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Poor from all but what was Moses on for so long for worst player on the pitch for me today aside from Torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good man the monkey, you've brightened up my day :D
    What an overreaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Worst game ive seen Torres play.. He just could not keep hold of the ball at all.. and that late chance, I dont know what to say about it.. it really looked like he was getting better in the last 3 weeks!

Worst game ive seen Torres play.. He just could not keep hold of the ball at all.. and that late chance, I dont know what to say about it.. it really looked like he was getting better in the last 3 weeks!
    His one saving grace last year was his link up play and eye for a pass but even that is alluding him now.

• Advertisement

It was just the latest false dawn for torres, that's the third or fourth now since he came to chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Torres has been finished for months. He simply won't be part of Chelsea's future. The only question is when he goes. Maybe he can get us a few points in the premiership and help keep us on track for the UCL next year. But that's the most we can expect.

Anyway, if we're not going to make big changes at every level in January, it's going to be a long, hard season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We are paying for the euro 2012 .... We never deserved it anyway so this is the price ... To fall and fall , I reckon 5 years Nd we are in the championship

This gimmick really isn't funny, it never was but at this stage it's approaching trolling.

If you're not joking, you're the worst attempt at a football supporter ive ever seen.

Tis a disaster for benitez. His popularity with chelsea fans is sinking lower by the day.

It's obviously the end for the old guard. This season is obviously a transitional one. There's a lot at stake in getting the next generation up and running. We'll see if it actually comes to pass. But to say Chelsea are finished is premature if not outright silly.

Monkey go home, your drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Listening to Davage and Nevin on the Beeb is making me a bit sick. "nobody cared more than Lampard" "Oscar won't grab the game by the scruff of the neck"

Have a look at David Luiz, there's a guy who cared. No, Oscar wont go around smashing people in midfield ala Roy Keane but he can impose himself on a game in a way in which none of our other midfielders can, in 2012, in the age of Barcelona, that kind of player is the one that more often than not dictates a game.

Thought Oscar was one of our better players when he came on..

Moses' performance was very very disappointing too.

Cant fault David Luiz thought he was very good.

Also, one of Mata's worst games, thought he was fairly sloppy with his passing at times!

Well it's easy to see why we are linked with paulinho, he bossed our current midfield and made ramires and lampard look out of their depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

We never got going. No energy/legs/guile in midfield and that's why we lost. Mikel would have been perfect for that type of game. Get stuck in n all of that. Lampard slows the game down too much. Mata never plays well when Lampard plays. We could have done with a sticker too wha'....Corinthians deserved to win but they are a mid table Prem team at best. Their keeper is a lunk, should have had a couple past him. There was a peno shout too around the 70mins mark...no reply, looked a dead cert to me....

Again I hope top fook RA doesn't buy that Gueurerro dude because of that performance as he's muck too.

• Advertisement

Lamps for me was a bit anonymous today and I can't see why Oscar wasn't started, in fact I was a little disappointed at the team selection in general considering how well luiz played on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Has benitez improved anything since he joined?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

His bank balance? :pac:

It's too early to judge. Torres a bit? But again a false dawn?

A victory today followed by a win on Wednesday would have created some sense of momentum and improved morale. But this hasn't happened. In order to demonstrate improvement, Benitez will need a decent unbeaten streak. But with this squad, and no attack, this is unlikely.

Today was a day for Benitez to get some traction. It didn't happen. So it's going to make the Christmas programme a particularly torrid one for him. Perhaps then he can be judged more fairly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well for those who said that our interim manager is some sort of tactical genius I think today showed why he has been without a job for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Seems to me it goes around in circles, he`ll be brutal for ages then bag a few goals in a row and go back to being brutal again. Round and round it goes.

The real Torres is back, Torres sucks!, The real Torres is back, Torres sucks!

Chelsea need to invest in a top class striker and not rely on someone who may have a good game but the majority of the time will be hopeless

Looks like we will have to really use the squad v Leeds now due to the later flight back to London..

Malouda may even get a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ah come on - to write him off on the basis of one bad game in a nice to win but not important competiton is a bit premature.
    Well for those who said that our interim manager is some sort of tactical genius I think today showed why he has been without a job for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The odds on Klopp taking over you guys have plummeted according to el Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

bullpost wrote: »
    Ah come on - to write him off on the basis of one bad game in a nice to win but not important competiton is a bit premature.

One bad game. You obviously have not been watching since our interim was installed, clueless absolutely clueless.

Essien wrote: »
    This gimmick really isn't funny, it never was but at this stage it's approaching trolling.

If you're not joking, you're the worst attempt at a football supporter ive ever seen.

I'm a Chelsea fan.

I know how low I felt in 2008 when Terry slipped in Moscow,
    I know how low I felt in 2009 when Iniesta equalised at the bridge -

I also know how incredible it felt when Torres rounded Valdes and rolled the ball into the net to send us to Munich

Also I know how the best moment of my football supporting life felt when Drogba scored that penalty in Munich

If I'm not a real fan , I'd love to meet a real one , they must be hard f*cking Core!!!

So what if I'm a bit negative, it's how I vent when I get frustrated.

We all felt frustration today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So what if I'm a bit negative, it's how I vent when I get frustrated.

We all felt frustration today.
    It's the World Club Championship ffs.
    Save it for something important :pac:

The most disappointing thing for me today was how flat everyone looked, only a select few seemed interested.

More worrying is the fact that we've played 3 finals this season so far and beaten in all them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Caveman1 wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing for me today was how flat everyone looked, only a select few seemed interested.

More worrying is the fact that we've played 3 finals this season so far and beaten in all them.

All 3 a tiny blip on most peoples radar and would put the last 2 on a par with the Capital One Cup personally.

• Advertisement

Capital One Cup is better than the Super Cup really...

Regardless of what cups they are once you're in a final you want to win them.

On a side note Falcao just scored a lovely goal against Barca, I really hope we sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Not a hope Falcao will want to come to us. :(

Falcao wont be going anywhere til the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kleefarr wrote: »
    Not a hope Falcao will want to come to us. :(

Money talks though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement