Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

mike65 wrote: »
    Some nostalgia for Blues fans on ITV4 tonight 8 pm

Will this be the same programme that Sky were showing a while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt it, SKY never sell their own programmes to other UK broadcasters. They just recycle them on their own for ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Marin is starting tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Looking forward to seeing Marin actually play!

Interesting to see if there'll be any tough tackles thrown about, its been along time since we last played and I cant imagine many of the current players caring too much about the rivalry anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

what a day wrote: »
    Apparently Barca were to hold a christmas dinner today with some reporters and fans but it was cancelled. Tito rumours seem to be true. I can see Pep coming back to help out there.
    Pep to Barca?

Only if the sabbatical was intended as a break from Barcelona. If Guardiola is gone, he's gone and won't want the water muddied by digging out his old club.

Having said that, the thought has crossed my mind a number of times that Pep just wanted time to recharge his batteries before taking up the reins again. But on balance, I don't think it's at all likely. Otherwise his agents wouldn't be fielding interest from other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really need Luiz to play further forward or else put a shock collar on him to stay in his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Nice win! :D

Looked a bit dodgy for a while.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Chelsea at home first leg vs Swansea

Hopefully we put the tie to bed before the return leg. We really should go on to win the cup now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with the win and performance. Mata was brillant the guy can do no wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Guillem Balague on Falcao

The crazy transfer season has started and nobody attracts more attention than Falcao. Mostly because it is clear that at least four clubs (Real Madrid, City, PSG and Chelsea) are willing or thinking about paying his buy out clause of 60 million euros. This is what I have been told: Chelsea are favourite for his signing but Florentino Perez at Madrid would like him to be the galactico signing of next season. Atletico will not contemplate him leaving in January. It is not totally up to the club as the payment of the buy out clause leaves the decision in the player's hands. But IMPORTANTLY the player has told the club that he wants to stay till the end of the season.

Ideally he wants to decide where to move next by February or March, and he has told some team mates Madrid or London are his preferred destinations.

So, Atletico Madrid insists, negotiations are not as advanced as people are claiming. And the have the word of the player to stay to help the club fight for a top two or three finish.

So lots to talk about before that transfer gets confirmed

Main thing now is to win our next 2 games which is a very realistic possibility.

Villa at 4pm on Sunday and Norwich and Stephen's Day.

Should be a good christmas period if we can take maximum points.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Johner wrote: »
    Marin is starting tonight.

Didn't notice him at all, very disappointing.

Techless wrote: »
    Didn't notice him at all, very disappointing.

In fairness to Marin, its a tough fixture to make your first start, he did show some glimpses during the game, hopefully when he gets match fit we'll see a lot more of what he's capable of.

How frustrating must it be to be one of the youth players at Chelsea, we go 5-1 up with ten minutes to go & instead of giving one of them a run out he puts on Paolo Ferrera :confused:

Who do we want to get in the Europa League draw lads?

They teams we can face have some tough opposition in the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Was a decent performance last night and some pretty football played at times in the second half, focusing on the negatives as always though but does anyone think finger can be pointed at Oscar for the first goal? Luiz obviously bombed forward and got caught out but we actually had a flat four (Oscar had dropped back) when they were just crossing the half-way line and Oscar got sucked out to the ball leaving a big gap for Becchio that Ivan just didn't have the legs to get back for?

I thought Marin did go missing a bit but his movement and his touch is definitely exciting to watch... I think it was off a free-kick in the first half he tried to make a run away from the taker when the ref was sorting the wall, it didn't work but when was the last time we did something inventive from a free-kick like that?

With the jekyll and hyde season Chelsea are having I'm sure we're doomed now for the weekend but happy with last night overall.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Who do we want to get in the Europa League draw lads?

They teams we can face have some tough opposition in the draw.

I'd like us to get Levante, not a great team and not much travelling.

• Advertisement

Was a decent performance last night and some pretty football played at times in the second half, focusing on the negatives as always though but does anyone think finger can be pointed at Oscar for the first goal? Luiz obviously bombed forward and got caught out but we actually had a flat four (Oscar had dropped back) when they were just crossing the half-way line and Oscar got sucked out to the ball leaving a big gap for Becchio that Ivan just didn't have the legs to get back for?

I mentioned something similar in the match thread last night. Its part of Luiz game to bomb forward and it actually creates a lot of our plays, so whether it be Lampard or Oscar, one of them should of dropped back, even if Luiz hadn't of lost the ball he still would of been out of position, so I can't understand why nobody picked up on it.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I mentioned something similar in the match thread last night. Its part of Luiz game to bomb forward and it actually creates a lot of our plays, so whether it be Lampard or Oscar, one of them should of dropped back, even if Luiz hadn't of lost the ball he still would of been out of position, so I can't understand why nobody picked up on it.

Exactly... I think Oscar (being young and naive still) was assuming Lamps would be the holding player but he'd already gone forward earlier in the attack. I'm not sure it's the position for him at all tbh, but maybe beside Mikel he would get more freedom?

Definitely a learning experience for Oscar playing beside Lampard though, and really good to have a leader back in the team, even if he's not at his best.

Exactly... I think Oscar (being young and naive still) was assuming Lamps would be the holding player but he'd already gone forward earlier in the attack. I'm not sure it's the position for him at all tbh, but maybe beside Mikel he would get more freedom?

Definitely a learning experience for Oscar playing beside Lampard though, and really good to have a leader back in the team, even if he's not at his best.

I thought Lampard was brutal against Corinthians, but he played very well last night, he seemed really up for it and he was unlucky not to get a goal.

I do think though that when we have a full squad that Lamps will struggle to get a game, especially if they start playing Luiz in midfield also.

What time is the Europa League draw on at?

Starts at 1pm I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I agree with both of ya lads. Its Luizs job to bring the ball forward as he done plenty of times last night with success but the one time he got caught both Lampard and Oscar were way too forward and Ivan again lost his marker and could not make up the gap he lost. Luiz is an excellent player and its just some people just see bad things he does because he is a very different defender to to norm. After the game Lampard also mention "we gave a silly ball away for the goal" but he knows he was out of place and seemed like he was covering his own tracks. I wont blame Oscar as he is young and Lampard is not used to this position but himself and Ivan have enough expeirience to read the game better.

Also agree with the Marin comment, he showed flashes of good quality and he is only coming back to full fitness and his first start for us in a hard match in hard weather on his bad side. He likes to cut in on the left flank and use his right foot like hazard but mostly played on the right flank last night.

Moses showed some excellent ability at times but i honestly dont think he is good enough to start every game for us at the moment. He is still a little bit raw IMO. Has a massive amount of potential but at the moment i dont think he is quite up there with the best in europe. So for me id like us to sign some one to take his position and use Moses as our second option on the right flank. Like wise with our defensive midfield and sriker role, Torres is pants and we are short one defensive midfielder with Mikel and Oriol.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »

Moses showed some excellent ability at times but i honestly dont think he is good enough to start every game for us at the moment. He is still a little bit raw IMO. Has a massive amount of potential but at the moment i dont think he is quite up there with the best in europe. So for me id like us to sign some one to take his position and use Moses as our second option on the right flank. Like wise with our defensive midfield and sriker role, Torres is pants and we are short one defensive midfielder with Mikel and Oriol.

I'm quite liking Moses, a bit more direct and a lot stronger than the rest of our players in that area. He's definitely not got the passing ability or reading of the game of Mata or even Haz and Oscar but he's playing much more direct than the others so it's great to have something different to use.

I definitely don't want anymore signings for the positions between midfield and strikers (wingers/#10s). We're overloaded as it is and we've KdeB coming back next year too. I want basically a young Xabi Alonso to come in and play beside Mikel (not very mobile, not an especially great tackler but competent, disciplined, retains possession but most importantly can dictate the flow of the game with Mata ahead of him). Also someone with a bit of physical presence would be nice too, it always worries me when we play the 3 little fellas together that we're getting a bit soft at the core...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I'm quite liking Moses, a bit more direct and a lot stronger than the rest of our players in that area. He's definitely not got the passing ability or reading of the game of Mata or even Haz and Oscar but he's playing much more direct than the others so it's great to have something different to use.

I definitely don't want anymore signings for the positions between midfield and strikers (wingers/#10s). We're overloaded as it is and we've KdeB coming back next year too. I want basically a young Xabi Alonso to come in and play beside Mikel (not very mobile, not an especially great tackler but competent, disciplined, retains possession but most importantly can dictate the flow of the game with Mata ahead of him). Also someone with a bit of physical presence would be nice too, it always worries me when we play the 3 little fellas together that we're getting a bit soft at the core...

Why not bring back Josh and give him a go

So we would have got Celtic or Borussia Dortmund :(

So we would have got Celtic or Borussia Dortmund :(

I would have rather avoided Dortmund.

There's always next year, once we do the business in the EPL this year.

Techless wrote: »
    Why not bring back Josh and give him a go

For me he's just too weak to play that far back, now in the middle of our Danger 3 I could see it working, or if we went to 3 cm's and 2 #10s then I could see it working... someone as young and inexperienced and lets face it not really a defensive player at all can't play as one of the 2 holding players imo...

Thinking of it, it's all the same problems as playing Oscar there imo

*would just like to clarify I'm a massive fan of Josh, would love to see him run the midfield one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thought Marin done well enough last night, for a first game for ages in miserable conditions quite liked what I saw. I have no idea what Torres needs to do to get subbed he was the second worst player on the pitch last night but still saw the full game (I thought only Cesar was worse he had a nightmare).

I dont think that is Oscars position but he held his own well enough, Luiz should also realise it is not his normal position and take that into account. But at least they were trying and made a mistake these things happen wouldn't get too upset over it.

Our interim managers tactical genius is pretty out there Paulo on in the last few minutes for the love of God what is that about, personally I would not have put Ash on neither with only 15 minutes on the clock 3-1 up against a team whose legs had gone quite obviously at that stage.

Liverpool v Zenit tough draw
    Barcodes v Metalist
    Chelsea v Sparta Prague miserable waiting for the Thursday night league draw

Sparta Praha so lads,thoughts?

Could have been a lot worse, I think the draw is fairly kind IMO.

If we take this seriously wee have a good chance of winning it.

I honsetly hope we get knocked out of it straight away but it aint gonna happen. Beni will want this thropy to add to his collection. I think we should just concentrate on the league and cup games. The league is our main target although game by game it is slipping away from us but we aint out of it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think we will take it seriously.

Benitez likes Europe and also its a chance for him to put himself in the shop window again.
    Could have been a lot worse, I think the draw is fairly kind IMO.

If we take this seriously wee have a good chance of winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Prague and then possibly Amsterdam? Yes please. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Prague and then possibly Amsterdam? Yes please. :pac:

sounds like the ultimate stag weekend. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Good result last night, happy ... was worried at HT, but this hopefully will give us a boost ahead of some important league matches...

in fact maybe it's the christmas cheer .. but this season could actually be a decent one yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

the_monkey wrote: »
    Good result last night, happy ... was worried at HT, but this hopefully will give us a boost ahead of some important league matches...

in fact maybe it's the christmas cheer .. but this season could actually be a decent one yet :)

:confused:...but the other day you said we would get relegated:eek::pac:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

MUSEIST wrote: »
    :confused:...but the other day you said we would get relegated:eek::pac:

You don't know me by now ??? ;)

and I stress could be a decent season ... .:P

Just watched the Chelsea doc that was on ITV4 last night.

How we ever won the CL is beyond me, without Drogba we wouldn't of even got out of the group stages.

It shows how important it is to have a big charachter like that in your team.

Still get goosebumps watching Drogba slot home that last peno :D

How we ever won the CL is beyond me, without Drogba we wouldn't of even got out of the group stages.

I have not seen it yet, gonna wait till the new year and watch every other Tuesday and Wednsday : - (

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Most likely idle paper talk but good for Robbie if it happens I guess

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=532305

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

the_monkey wrote: »

I think the-monkey's account has been hacked. I don't think the bolded words are in his vocabulary.

Drogba tried his best to make sure we didnt win by given away penalties to Barca and Bayern. :p

He was bound to make up for it somehow. ;)

Happy Birthday Ashley Cole!!!

Best left back in the world!!!

(Sign him up Chelsea!)

Drogba tried his best to make sure we didnt win by given away penalties to Barca and Bayern. :p

He was bound to make up for it somehow. ;)

Not the supersticious type but a part of the documentary where he says, its been a long journey & hard fought, but it was his & Chelsea's destiny to win the CL, he said it was already written but we just didn't know it yet.

When you think back to some of the games, he seems spot on.

• Advertisement

Not the supersticious type but a part of the documentary where he says, its been a long journey & hard fought, but it was his & Chelsea's destiny to win the CL, he said it was already written but we just didn't know it yet.

When you think back to some of the games, he seems spot on.

I'd say we were right up there with the luckiest of winners but given what happened in the last few years previous we deserved it definetly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement