Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah was asked to take some photos on Sunday and said no - will be either too hungover or too depressed :p
    gavredking wrote: »

Getting nervous about the game but i think we'll do it. If we do win it im going be demented drunk! Expect random bannings :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Aquila wrote: »
    Is it true that Samsung will dump us if we fail to win the champions league though?

I think that's the gist of it. but we have just signed a 3 year deal with audi, so some sponsors aren't that bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Hope this comes true !!

Hope this jpg works, sent it to Sgt (just in case)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bartyman wrote: »
    Hope this comes true !!

Hope this jpg works, sent it to Sgt (just in case)

Blatter posted a VERY detailed list of weird/strange mirrorig results that point to a Chelsea win.

I just want to enjoy it and I know I wont be able to unless we're 3 up with moments to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Less than fondly recall the disappointment of Moscow.
    Please God let us win.
    Getting very nervy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just wondering is there a bar in Dublin that people are descending on tomorrow evening. wouldn't mind actually watching the match with a few Chelsea fans.

I'm usually the only one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Blatter posted a VERY detailed list of weird/strange mirrorig results that point to a Chelsea win.

I just want to enjoy it and I know I wont be able to unless we're 3 up with moments to go.

Cheers, just read it, excellent post. Can't wait for the game, fingernails gone already.

I'm hoping he plays Torres on the right, support Boss against Ribery.

Bartyman wrote: »

Cheers, just read it, excellent post. Can't wait for the game, fingernails gone already.

I'm hoping he plays Torres on the right, support Boss against Ribery.

Well with Ribery and Robben we need both wide men to realise theyll have defensive duties. The good thing about Alaba being suspended is they wont be as potent on the left and pur right winger might get some joy as Ribery and Robben wont be to defensive minded.

Pal wrote: »
    Less than fondly recall the disappointment of Moscow.
    Please God let us win.
    Getting very nervy now.

Dont remind us.

Dont wanna lose another final. 2 in 4 years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The more I think about this game the worse it gets :o

I'm now convinced that with the two R's fit for Bayern it might be a case of we need too score more goals than them (I know thats the object of the game before anyone gets smart with me :P), we don't go into the game and play defensive I mean, we need to get out and get at them, problem with that is we will concede thus my comment.

Also Community Shield to be held at Villa park at the start of next season because the Olympic final is set for the same date and they are using Wembley, another cup final to look forward too :pac:

• Advertisement

For me this is a game where Torres can shine.
    If we are still in with a shout with 20 minutes to go I reckon we will abandon caution and go for it. Someone with Torres ability could bang in a few . He also has one eye on the euros and this is his chance to convince Del Bosque that he is back on form and can do it on the big stage again.
    The more I think about this game the worse it gets :o

I'm now convinced that with the two R's fit for Bayern it might be a case of we need too score more goals than them (I know thats the object of the game before anyone gets smart with me :P), we don't go into the game and play defensive I mean, we need to get out and get at them, problem with that is we will concede thus my comment.

Also Community Shield to be held at Villa park at the start of next season because the Olympic final is set for the same date and they are using Wembley, another cup final to look forward too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Who's the designated home team for tomorrow night??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

QDog10 wrote: »
    Who's the designated home team for tomorrow night??

I believe its Bayern as winner of SF1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

As timing would have it, chelsea fan Jimmy White is performing a pool exhibition in my local pubs venue room this weekend and has requested he have a big screen to watch the game. Would be great to celebrate the final with the legend that is Jimmy White!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Bayern requested the home dressing room and got it even though there are two neutral dressing rooms :confused:

My Goldfish just ate a Bayern Flake after swimming around anti-clockwise 3 times

Chelsea will WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Put a tenner on Chelsea, 3-1.

Come on Drogba, for once I hope you have a good game :pac:

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Put a tenner on Chelsea, 3-1.

Come on Drogba, for once I hope you have a good game :pac:

What odds ya manage to get on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Bet365, 40/1.

Should pocket me a nice 400.

But just to be sure I'm gonna put a tenner on Bayern tomorrow in Munich :pac:

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Bet365, 40/1.

Should pocket me a nice 400.

But just to be sure I'm gonna put a tenner on Bayern tomorrow in Munich :pac:

Great odds. if we go 2-1 up we could hit on the counter. Good odds.

Hope it comes up :pac:

Llama and Luiz.....what a team :pac: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I never back my own team.
    Although, those are good odds.
    PP are giving loosing first scorer and score forecast money back if we lift the cup.
    Needless to say I have Robbin to score first ......
    I hope I will be getting my money back :)

Come on the Blues!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Rumours of Bertrand playing left wing tomorrow. I for one wouldn't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Bertrand? With Kalou on the right? That could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

G.K. wrote: »
    Bertrand? With Kalou on the right? That could work.

It wouldn't be to much of a risk either considering he'd have Cole behind him.

I would have Malouda there due to his experience but i wouldn't risk 3 players who maybe aren't fully fit, I think he's forced into the gamble of playing Luiz and Cahill but i think he could get away with Bertrand over Malouda.

I wouldn't play Malouda even if he was fit tbh, as far as I can see he's not contributed a whole lot this season. Plus Bertrand would give a lot of hunger to the team.

Could be a good way of nullifying Bayerns right hand side without losing too much offensively. Both Cole and Bertrand are more than capable of beating players and delivering decent crosses.

He's taking Nathaniel Chalobah and Todd Kane as backup as well

• Advertisement

I can see the benefits of playing Bertrand and also the benefits of playing Torres at RW, while I can't see Kalou not starting.

Perhaps Bertrand and Torres could start with Kalou and sturridge coming later to stretch the game with their pace?

G.K. wrote: »
    I wouldn't play Malouda even if he was fit tbh, as far as I can see he's not contributed a whole lot this season. Plus Bertrand would give a lot of hunger to the team.

He hasn't but either has Bertrand. He's to inexperienced and hasn't played enough.

Malouda would at least offer a bit of a goal threat and im sure he'd put in a shift in CL final.

Experience is overrated, imo. even the great players have to start off being inexperienced.

And the difference is Bertrand has impressed when he played. I can remember Maloua doing like 1 thing all season and he's played a fair bit - scoring that goal in the 6-0.

He hasn't but either has Bertrand. He's to inexperienced and hasn't played enough.

Malouda would at least offer a bit of a goal threat and im sure he'd put in a shift in CL final.

No, no no! Malouda is just plain bad man! failed to put in a single shift, hence he aint been playing

Rather Kalou for me

Just gotta hope RDM don't get the same idea for the other side with Paulo and Bosingwa. :pac:

No, no no! Malouda is just plain bad man! failed to put in a single shift, hence he aint been playing

Rather Kalou for me

Kalou has to start but I'd still have Malouda on the left although I know he's been poor for much of the season. I thought he put in a decent shift against Arsenal a few weeks ago and just think he'd make the effort since it's a CL final.

Depends on his fitness though. Bertrand on the left would be a bigger risk IMO, he was totally out of his depth at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I keep moving from over confidence to worrying about comments like "We'll work it out somehow" that Robbie keeps making

Can a patched up and lop sided team with so many players either not match fit or played out of position and missing their leader, REALLY win it away from home? :eek:

I keep moving from over confidence to worrying about comments like "We'll work it out somehow" that Robbie keeps making

Can a patched up and lop sided team with so many players either not match fit or played out of position and missing their leader, REALLY win it away from home? :eek:

Can a team with 10 men,without their captain for 60 minutes against supposedly the best team in world football including Messi,playing in the massive Nou camp with Bosingwa at CB :P get through to the Champions League Final?... :D

There's your answer,there's no doubt we can do it just every player must give 110 %.Whatever happens tomorrow we shouldn't be disappointed because this Champions league run has being spectacular and I'm enjoying every last bit of it cause it mightn't be there for us next year.

So please just believe in them and get behind them tomorrow for one final push.We can do this!!! 19 hours to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm not nervous, are you nervous? I'm not nervous, who's nervous I'm not nervous!
    Jesus but I'm looking forward to today, Come on the Blues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've got an exam at 2 and concentrating on nothing but the final tonight, seriously excited, should be great!

No Malouda for the love of all thats holy and good.

Kalou left Torres right Mata in the central position.

Really anxious now about it.

Everything happens for a reason-We lost the '08 final to drive us on tonight to win this one.

Come onnnnn you blues!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We will win lads, we just will. I won't even consider any other posssibility.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

398796_10150807108722816_510387815_10242646_227604684_n.jpg

Don't think I can take much more of this, I think I may explode

2-1 luiz and torres ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I feel violently ill any time I think of the game. Not sure how going to get through 90mins. Or worse still 120!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Pursume we are wearing blue tonight ? . Was a picture on chelsea twitter of the dressing room and noticed orange and black clothing laid out.

Anyway cant hack this nerves are shot already..im going for a nap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement