Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Were starting to come into it a bit more now , nervous first 20 , not happy with the starting 11 bar DL in CM , should of played our best 11 today (Hazard , Lamps )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What a supper goal by mata ,

And before that great work by moses

And before that a misplaced oscar pass , and moses chases back from the Norwich 18yr box to the his own to win the ball back , pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Cracking goal from Mata!

Been really impressed with Luiz too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What a supper goal by mata ,

And before that great work by moses

And before that a misplaced oscar pass , and moses chases back from the Norwich 18yr box to the his own to win the ball back , pure class

And that's why he is getting starts, cos Moses will defend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Be brillant if results for both manchester clubs stayed the same and we won. Hoping for a lot but ya never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The more i watch Vic Mosses the more i like him, great attitude mixed with loads of skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Were starting to come into it a bit more now , nervous first 20 , not happy with the starting 11 bar DL in CM , should of played our best 11 today (Hazard , Lamps )

Lamps is nowhere near our best 11, I have mikel, luiz, ramires, romeu all ahead of him in midfield. He's a legend but no more than a squad player at this stage.

justshane wrote: »
    The more i watch Vic Mosses the more i like him, great attitude mixed with loads of skill.

Yup, £7 million seems like a bargain, same as Cahill whos been a fine player gor us since joining us, hope Moses can go on and become even better.

Mikel should recieve an automatic fine everytime he (attempts) shoots.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Mikel should recieve an automatic fine everytime he (attempts) shoots.

The day he scores in the league is the day I'll have finally seen it all on a pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Let's keep the scores as they are and just call it a day now.

Essien wrote: »
    Let's keep the scores as they are and just call it a day now.

As long as we win ill be happy.

Plenty of games left to chase and catch the Manchester clubs.

Big 12 minutes here , not under major pressure but Norwich are coming on a bit stronger now

Big 12 minutes here , not under major pressure but Norwich are coming on a bit stronger now

Yeah, we have struggled this season trying to see out the tight 0-1 games.

Hang on Chelsea, hang on

City still losing but I expect them to equalise and I expect Utd to score too and win it at Old Trafford.

The kind of games against Norwich are the ones weve to win. Were controlling the game but hopefully can see it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea winning on Boxing Day :eek:

RAFA OUT :mad:

Thats an excellent result , played really well , chuffed , Il carry on with my christmas now then !

Well utd have won anyway. :pac:

We win our game in hand and we'll be one behind City.

League would have been interesting if Newcastle could have held on.

• Advertisement

Delighted with that result. We need to keep winning these games if we want top 4. There is a pack of 3 or 4 teams just behind us in the league. Game in hand and closing in on city:D

Tough away game to Everton next isnt it lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great result, performance wasn't amazing but got the job done. I thought Norwich were very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hopefully we kick on now and challenge for 2nd place. Be great to get a result against Everton as they are doing well.

Don't see Utd. being caught now.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Delighted with that result. We need to keep winning these games if we want top 4. There is a pack of 3 or 4 teams just behind us in the league. Game in hand and closing in on city:D

I'd say the number protesting against Rafa is dwindling by the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say the number protesting against Rafa is dwindling by the week

In fairness most of the Chelsea fans here were willing to give him a chance.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness most of the Chelsea fans here were willing to give him a chance.

Not talking about the fans here. Guys protesting at matches I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not talking about the fans here. Guys protesting at matches I'm talking about.

I know ya, I was just making the point the Chelsea boys here were the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but why are Lamps and Ashley bring refused new contracts because they're over 30 and JT is allegedly being offered one? All still have a fair bit to offer as players; you either have an under-30s policy or you don't.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but why are Lamps and Ashley bring refused new contracts because they're over 30 and JT is allegedly being offered one? All still have a fair bit to offer as players; you either have an under-30s policy or you don't.

Ashley and Lamps are or have been offered deals, like anything, its up to them if they want to accept it.

As club captain JT will probably have more room to negoiate a deal then anyone else really.

News doing the rounds Mata is to be offered an extension on his current deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Give Mata what he wants, the man is a legend in the making.

Luiz to stay as a DM untill we either buy another CB or a DM.

Piazon to get more time as a sub.

Was gutted Utd managed to again score a last min goal, every dam game they do it!!

Game against Everton is a massive one for us, we have to win it to keep up with city!

what a day wrote: »
    Give Mata what he wants, the man is a legend in the making.

Luiz to stay as a DM untill we either buy another CB or a DM.

Piazon to get more time as a sub.

Was gutted Utd managed to again score a last min goal, every dam game they do it!!

Game against Everton is a massive one for us, we have to win it to keep up with city!

Beating Everton away will be one of our toughest tests this season.

I can only see us drawing the game though.

We neevr got out of 2nd gear against Norwich but Everton will be a different beast and are themselves pushing for a top 4 spot, any win their would be brillant for us.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Everton will be a different beast

True, but at least they will still be without their Biggest and Baddest Beast!

RichT wrote: »
    True, but at least they will still be without their Biggest and Baddest Beast!

I was hoping to see a Luizv Fellaini battle in CM, although anything that increases our chances I'm happy with. :D

Something like.....

sa1085.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads is there any extended highlights of yesterdays game ?

Sounds like the most likely incomings could be Walcott and Schurrie, Schurrie maybe next season.
    Rumors going around the net that Lewandowski is close to joining united for 20million. Will be gutted if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Sounds like the most likely incomings could be Walcott and Schurrie, Schurrie maybe next season.
    Rumors going around the net that Lewandowski is close to joining united for 20million. Will be gutted if that happens.

Why Utd are looking to bring in another striker is beyond me, but if they do get him, we should put a bid in for Hernandez, class player.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads is there any extended highlights of yesterdays game ?

I watched it on Football First last night, you didnt really miss much TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Id like to get Walcott if we can get him in for cheap, he would replace Sturridge as our english forward and sign some one else like Shurrle but would be more than happy to sign Falcao or Higuain.

Im not so sure about Lewandowski TBH, he looks class at times but there is some thing about him i think he is like another Berbatov or Dezko or some thing, dont know why Utd are in for him with the fire power they already have.

• Advertisement

Dzeko would be a fine option IMO, he is City's best CF when given a run in the side but Mancini has persisted with Balotelli and Tevez for too long.

I think our best option in January is Walcott but he'd have to be content with been 2nd choice striker as I reckon Moses is a better option wide then him.

With Sturridge going you assume the club has someone lined up, hopefully someone cheaper then what we get for Sturridge but still can make a difference.

Also I'm fed up with the Cole/Lamps saga, both should easily be given new deals, Cole, more so then Lamps should get a 2 year deal until the end of 2014 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any paper gossip lads?

Probably not the kind of news you wanted........

The Mail
    Chelsea have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao as he has indicated he wants to remain in Spain until the end of the season.
    The 26-year-old Colombian striker is grateful to club president Enrique Cerezo for making him feel valued at the club by showing his determination to keep him.
    Roman Abramovich was willing to pay the £48million needed to procure the striker from the Spanish capital but he is enjoying his time at the Estadio Vicente Calderon.
    Falcao told reporters: ‘I recognise the great effort Enrique Cerezo has made for me to stay at the club.
    ‘And thank goodness our sporting results have been positive. We expect that to remain so until the end of the season.’
    Difficulties in pursuing Falcao means Chelsea have been considering other options, including Barcelona striker David Villa.
    The Blues will try to bring him on loan to Stamford Bridge as manager Rafael Benitez believes he will complement Fernando Torres.
    Torres is the only striker Chelsea have left, given that Daniel Sturridge is leaving for £12m to Liverpool.

RichT wrote: »
    Probably not the kind of news you wanted........

The Mail

I like the idea of villa on loan until the end of the season.

Villa would be a good option but is it loan deal with a future transfer or just a loan deal to get him game time?

I'm not sure if I'm keen on spending about €15 million on a 31year old if I'm honest.

Be good if he was just a loan until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Wouldn't be the worst idea for Villa, either. If he's on fire at Chelsea, then that has to put him back in the reckoning for a regular spot with Barca. And we'd be glad of the goals.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the worst idea for Villa, either. If he's on fire at Chelsea, then that has to put him back in the reckoning for a regular spot with Barca. And we'd be glad of the goals.

And he can play from wide left too if we really want to accomadate himself nd Torres in the one team. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Wouldnt be surprised to see us buy another Brazilian or Spaniard tbh!

Our squad is full of them (Mata, Romeu, Torres, Azpi, Luiz, Piazon, Ramires, Oscar and Wallace now too)

Oh and our manager too!

• Advertisement

Wouldnt be surprised to see us buy another Brazilian or Spaniard tbh!

Our squad is full of them (Mata, Romeu, Torres, Azpi, Luiz, Piazon, Ramires, Oscar and Wallace now too)

Oh and our manager too!

As long as a player improves the squad then I've no problem.

Yes we'd have to pay Villa big wages if he came but I think he'd improve us until Lukaku comes back or we bite the large Falcao bullet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement