Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Just got my ticket sorted for the Swansea home leg on the 9th of January :)

Hoping itl be a good game now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Theo anyone?......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Panthro wrote: »
    Theo anyone?......:pac:

Theo and Ba anyone?.......:pac:

Just got my ticket sorted for the Swansea home leg on the 9th of January :)

Hoping itl be a good game now!

If we dont win, dont bother coming back! :p

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Hope we win on Sunday but it be a touch game.
    Just opened the Chelsea calendar for 2013 and sturridge is on the first page.
    Lampard on October and hope he is still with the club for next year.
    Hope west brom can do us a favor tomorrow.

My missus gets me that every year. Always makes me laugh with some of the pics of players who leave or never play (e.g.Yossi)

Pssssssssssssst

It's all over Twitter that we have signed Falcao and Cavani!

Thats nice isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

My missus gets me that every year. Always makes me laugh with some of the pics of players who leave or never play (e.g.Yossi)

Cole too may be gone.
    Not as bad as the arsenal calendar ;)
    3 or 4 players gone from last year including van persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pssssssssssssst

It's all over Twitter that we have signed Falcao and Cavani!

Thats nice isnt it

Nice and lies I reckon too. :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nice and lies I reckon too. :)

April fools!

• Advertisement

April fools!

Starting very early this year :)

The Cavani talk has stopped since Falcao talk surfaced last year so maybe a cheaper yet just as talented CF in Cavani is the way forward.

Get in Theo lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Get in Theo lads!

Apparently Moses is a better player

greendom wrote: »

Moses is God!

Get in Theo lads!
    He'd be a decent option alright.

Two different players, hard to compare.

Moses is God!

Ahh no, not that bad - Moses does exist after all

• Advertisement

Ahh no, not that bad - Moses does exist after all

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, enter Piazon!

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, enter Piazon!

I seen a good meme online the other day :

Downing 2 years 1 assist
    Piazon 2mins 1 assist.

:pac:

the telegraph are saying we lead the race to sign him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9771123/Chelsea-lead-race-to-sign-7m-Ba-as-transfer-window-opens.html

Chelsea lead race to sign £7m Ba as transfer window opens

Chelsea have emerged as the favourites to sign Demba Ba for £7m once the January transfer window opens.

Newcastle United are still hoping that Ba will renegotiate the £7m release clause in his contract — although manager Alan Pardew has finally admitted that the 27-year-old will be sold if a new deal is not struck. Marseille’s Loic Remy has been lined up as an £11.5m replacement at Newcastle.

Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal also remain interested in buying Ba but Chelsea are determined to add to their strike-force in January.

Ba scored twice for Newcastle in an extraordiary game against Arsenal last night which finished 4-3 to Arsenal.

Chelsea have continued to explore the possibility of signing Radomel Falcao for £48m — the value of his release clause — but he has insisted he will remain at Atletico Madrid until the summer when Chelsea will have to fight off competition from Real Madrid and Manchester City.

Chelsea, who have told Frank Lampard he is free to leave, also remain interested in Bayer Leverkusen’s Andre Schurrle and have also held talks over signing Real’s Gonzalo Higuain but, again, that deal is complicated while the terms to acquire Ba are simple: £7m to release him from his contract, for which he receives £2.5m, plus around £2m in fees to his agent and wages of £70,000-a-week for the striker.

Ba would struggle to pass a medical, because of his chronic knee problems, but they have not prevented him from playing and scoring regularly for Newcastle — he now has 13 Premier League goals this season in a team which has been struggling.

His acquisition would also relieve the burden on Fernando Torres while, at the same time, not putting too much pressure on the striker because Ba would not constitute a big-name signing. Chelsea would also recoup the outlay on a proven goal-scorer because they are selling Daniel Sturridge to Liverpool for £12m.

Arsene Wenger appeared to rule out a move for Ba in January but that public statement probably had much to do with the fact that Arsenal played Newcastle United last night. He remains interested. Spurs also registered their interest. They have explored the possibility of signing Athletic Bilbao’s Fernando Llorente but have been told he will move elsewhere.

Chelsea are being offered a number of players including Seville’s Alvaro Negredo who is understood to be available for £16m. Chelsea hope to also push ahead with the signing of Metalist Kharkiv’s attacking midfielder Taison for up to £10m although there are concerns as to whether the 24-year-old Brazilian will be granted a work permit.

Wenger says walcott not leaving this window whatever happens

Worse reporting ever, he must have turned off the game at 4-3 and not watched the other 3 Arsenal goals.

:p

Ba would be another decent option, he'd have to play second fiddle to Torres though but would offer a different threat.

We have to bring in someone though and early in January.

Ok you take Ba, we'll have Villa - deal ?

• Advertisement

Ok you take Ba, we'll have Villa - deal ?

Depending on how much Villa was Id rather him every day of the week over Ba.

Unless we get Ba and Walcott thrn you can have Villa :p

Depending on how much Villa was Id rather him every day of the week over Ba.

Unless we get Ba and Walcott thrn you can have Villa :p

Ba and Villa thanks

Predictions for Everton away?

1-1 for me although I'd love if we won up their its going to be a really tough game.

Ba and Villa thanks

That's just greedy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can't wait for the window,one or two signings and we can genuinely push for the title!Roll on Everton be great if we get 3points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Predictions for Everton away?

1-1 for me although I'd love if we won up their its going to be a really tough game.

Just looking back over their results, they haven't been beaten at home all season, 5 wins and 4 draws if I've got it right, which include Utd, Arsenal and Spurs.

Id stick with a draw but it would be a massive 3 points if we get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Think we can win today..

Isnt Fellaini suspended?

Id take a draw alright, but I think a win is definetly on the cards for Chelsea.

Ara well sheeeite, just realised this game is on at 1.30pm (or 5.30am for me).
    Thought for some reason it was the 4pm kick off.
    Either way, a 1-1 draw I'd say is the most likely, I'll go with a 2-1 win to Chelsea.
    C'mon the Moses. He's God you know.

11:30pm for me, I love early kick offs - Beats the **** out of 2am for a Super Sunday :D

I would def take Walcot, lovely beat 3 men and chip showed he isnt all about pace.
    He's homegrown, young and it would wind up the gooners no end
    He knows he would have more chance of winning things with us, plus we can show him the money. Make it happen Roman!

• Advertisement

In for Ba?
    Go in for Theo too..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Great buy at £7m approx.

I wonder will Newcastle be looking at taking Sturridge the other way...

Or Torres? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Ba's representatives in talks with Chelsea, but don't get too excited folks. This could one of his six representatives.
    They have been touting his name around for the last past year and a half, trying to get themselves a decent fee as part of a big move.

If he does go to Chelsea, you'll be paying him just short of £90,000 a week, and the actual transfer fee in total would exceed £12m. Still a decent deal mind, especially for the CF he is.

I'd definitely take Sturridge, but seemingly he's off to Liverpool. Maybe Lukaku for £5m? :pac:

BTW, not sure why ye'd want to get rid of Lampard!

Thought for some reason it was the 4pm kick off.
    Either way, a 1-1 draw I'd say is the most likely, I'll go with a 2-1 win to Chelsea.
    C'mon the Moses. He's God you know.

Smug:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea's first win in the league at Goodison Park since 2008 :)

RAFA OUT :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Newcastle will only get half of the transfer fee too, the other half goes to..............Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pretty sure Lampard is off based on his demeamour in that interview.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Torres is brutal ! What a result , plus I stuck a ton on at one nil ! The sherbets are on me , il be in the elenora all day :-)

• Advertisement

Foxtel are showing a classic match here: Liverpool v Arsenal from 2009 at Anfield - what a player Torres was then :/

Now just beat 'Arry and QPR and we'll be laughing.

With QPR getting well beaten by Liverpool surely we should turn them over by 3 or 4 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

With QPR getting well beaten by Liverpool surely we should turn them over by 3 or 4 aswell.

It they play like they are now, chelsea will hit double figures. Torres would even score:eek:

It they play like they are now, chelsea will hit double figures. Torres would even score:eek:

Worse performance ive seen so far was Villa at the Bridge but if we play like we did that day we should hit them for a few.....unless 'Arry performs a miracle and gets them up for a London derby.

If chelsea get ba, they will have a new dimension. They can launch long and look for the flick ons. There will be so many different options of attack with a player like him

• Advertisement

If chelsea get ba, they will have a new dimension. They can launch long and look for the flick ons. There will be so many different options of attack with a player like him

Well weneed a CF to give Torres a rest too.

Only problem with Ba is will he not be cup tiedfor the Europa League?

Well weneed a CF to give Torres a rest too.

Only problem with Ba is will he not be cup tiedfor the Europa League?

probably, not sure if he is off to african nations. Torres for europe, ba for league

probably, not sure if he is off to african nations. Torres for europe, ba for league

Well both will be rotated if we get him.

Honestly id stil rather go for Walcott.

Ba plays for Senegal who didnt qualify for the ACON.
    And he isnt cup tied in europe either.

I'd like to see Ba and Walcott come in, plus a playmaker

Rumour has it that Marin will be off on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Well both will be rotated if we get him.

Honestly id stil rather go for Walcott.

Walcott would be a great signing, but do we really need him? I'd much rather a proper defensive midfielder, and a Drogba-type striker in Demba Ba.

Anyone see Lamp's interview after the game today? Really looked like a goodbye to the fans. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in January. Really hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement