Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Ba plays for Senegal who didnt qualify for the ACON.
    And he isnt cup tied in europe either.

I'd like to see Ba and Walcott come in, plus a playmaker

Rumour has it that Marin will be off on loan

Last thing we need is another play maker.

Ba should be a decent signing for us once he's knees don't explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Last thing we need is another play maker.

Ba should be a decent signing for us once he's knees don't explode.

deep lying playmaker, someone who can dictate play, not an attacking midfielder

pass the ball from midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ba is no Drogba unfortunately, decent option but no Drogba.

The reason id prefer Walcott is he makes the runs and movement that we need to find to unlock defences, hes also a good converter of one on ones and carries the ball very well.

We wouldnt get him for 7-8 million, maybe closer to 12-15 but worth it IMO.

Preferably Id take Villa and Walcott if I was been very greedy but would be dlighted with either. January signings are always risky business though.

Turnbull done well when he came on actually, 1 good save and came to deal with high balls.....lets hope Cech ismt out for long though.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Turnbull done well when he came on actually, 1 good save and came to deal with high balls.....lets hope Cech ismt out for long though.

rumours of 3 weeks

If Lamps does leave this Jan, do you think we have someone lined up?
    Otherwise we are looking very light in nearly every area, including goalkeepers now!

Its nearly 8pm, do you think he has signed yet, or are they waiting for dessert? :D

Interesting comments from Rafa

"Everton have had ten years with the same manager doing the same things, so they have a great advantage,"

It's not the first time we see it, but today we faced a team with a certain method. Players used to a managers' system and requirements. Yes, they may not be as good as we are individually, but they're stronger as a team, while we have moments of magic but no real pattern of play.

It's something I hope we sort out for the coming years in the summer. It's ridiculous to think we may not get the best out of this coming generation of ours; and I don't necessarily mean winning trophies, but actually playing as a football team opponents are afraid of."

@Sky_PhilForster: Been informed by sources very close to #cfc that Demba Ba having a scan tomorrow
    #nufcCan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted with the result today against a really good side away from home.

Ba would be an improvement on Torres so he would improve our team and actually give us a real goal threat up front. My only concern would be his knees

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yep be just our luck, first match he does his cruciate..... I think he'd be a great signing. Fantastic finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Was flying home today, great to get back to this result ! 1st time in years
    to beat Everton at Goodison.

Super Frankie Lampard!!

Anyone know when we will play that game in hand ?

Cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

The class of Benitez already shining through, he bought tickets for a young Chelsea fan and his Dad after the kid was conned out of a Christmas fan by a scamming online tout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Some result yesterday :) if we can keep winning in January, we will put ourselves in a pretty good position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great result yesterday alright, Everton were unlucky not to get the draw though. That would of been the fair result.

Fortunately for us we had the quality when it mattered.

Great result yesterday alright, Everton were unlucky not to get the draw though. That would of been the fair result.

Fortunately for us we had the quality when it mattered.

Fortunately we had Frank who along with Mata (who had a quiet game) is our biggest scoring threat.
    To beat Chelsea, just close us down and stop service to Mata, and force us through the middle.
    Playing Ramires on the right wing was\is only a good idea in theory. He always drifts inside, much better to play Moses as he offers genuine width.
    Ramires energy was missed in the centrre and Luiz found out that he wasnt given time or space on the ball, so I dont think he will always cut it in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Oscorp wrote: »
    The class of Benitez already shining through, he bought tickets for a young Chelsea fan and his Dad after the kid was conned out of a Christmas fan by a scamming online tout

More of this type of thing please. I hope he can win over whoever he needs to in order to get the job full time.

Sky Sports now "understands" meeting with Ba's reps and Chelsea was unproductive and they will be talking to other clubs.

Last night Newcastle United striker Demba Ba’s representatives travelled to London for talks with Chelsea in a bid to secure a move to Stamford Bridge for the Senegal International. This morning’s papers are full of information suggesting the move is on and the striker will at the club by the end of the transfer window.
    Whilst some reports suggest that the 27 year old is on his way to Chelsea for a scan, Sky Sports are reporting that talks last night were unproductive with Chelsea not prepared to pay what Ba is asking for.
    Chelsea were prepared to double his money by offering £80,000 a week, but his agents are alleged to have pushed for more. Therefore unless he is prepared to budge on his wage demands the deal could be off.
    They go further to suggest the door is now open for other clubs as they prepare to extend their options.

Lol. greedy agent\player demands?

Also, nicked from Pepe le frits

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
    Confirmed again that David Villa wants to join Arsenal FC in the January window. He is pushing for a move away from Barca to play football.

arseblog ‏@arseblog
    @GeoffArsenal yes, have heard same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Sounds like 'Gies more money please' from his agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The latest I'm reading on David Villa is that he has instructed his agent not to entertain any offers, as he wants to stay and fight for his place in the Barca team. Meanwhile, the Telegraph says about Ba that "the two parties are some distance apart on wages, but there remains a strong desire on both sides to reach an agreement."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9772105/Chelseas-move-for-Demba-Ba-stalls-over-Newcastle-players-wage-demands.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Oscorp wrote: »

yer man is that 9 yr olds oul fella....i'd love to see the oul wan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Phoenix wrote: »
    I hope Super Frank isnt allowed leave

Dug us out of a hole yesterday as he has done in the past but our midfield is a lot faster without him. I'd be sad to see him leave but c'est la vie. He is not worth a 2 yr deal at his age.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Dug us out of a hole yesterday as he has done in the past but our midfield is a lot faster without him. I'd be sad to see him leave but c'est la vie. He is not worth a 2 yr deal at his age.

True, but played correctly, as Rafa has been, rotating him, and playing him in the right type of games. 1 year deal with an option of a second year (reduced wage of course).
    He has the winning mentality, knows about the derby games etc, useful whilst the others are still bedding in

Its up to him really , if he wants to go the scholes\giggs route and accept rotation. I think he can still win another title with us, maybe a few more cups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are Lampard and Cole both being offered 1 year deals?

JPA wrote: »
    Are Lampard and Cole both being offered 1 year deals?

Its in line woth the clubs over 30 policy.

Chances are both Cole and Lamps will want at least 2year deals that wont be offered.

The only thing is Cole is over 2years younger then Lamps so I wouldnt be leaving him go at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Its in line woth the clubs over 30 policy.

Chances are both Cole and Lamps will want at least 2year deals that wont be offered.

The only thing is Cole is over 2years younger then Lamps so I wouldnt be leaving him go at all.

Ya, I was just wondering as the media seem to be giving the impression he is not being offered any deal, Lampard that is.
    A one year deal at the age of 34 is pretty standard.
    Cole on the other hand has easily earned at least a 3 year deal, still at the top of his game.

Nevin says there is no issue with Frank and club will resolve the issue in the summer. Lamps needs to weigh up whether it's worth staying on us back up, with the prospect of even more players, like DeBruyne, Josh, and maybe a new signing like Palinho, competing with him for a place. If he ends the season with maybe another trophy or two, it may be best for him to leave on a high, like Drogba, rather than spend next season struggling to get a game. Legends have to leave at some point, and maybe this summer will be the time. Hope whatever happens the decision is mutual and club don't just show him the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I would always think of 2 players when i hear chelsea mentioned - terry and lampard. Terry gets the mr.chelsea tag off the media but lampard imo has been more important to there success. The amount of goals consistently from midfield has been crazy over the years.

He is one rival player i cannot manage to hate and i think it stupid that chelsea are letting him go. Not alone for his value on the pitch but also he comes across as a gentleman in interviews. If i was a chelsea fan(god forbid :p) i would hope the club give him the 2 year deal and an ambassador job after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

A load of stuff in BIG BOLD

Christ Sgt, I thought we were all in deep trouble and getting a BIG MOD telling off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads I was at the game yesterday and have to say we were lucky to get a win but was happy enough with our performance.

One thing I will say is that Torres is absolutely rubbish, I don't care about his recent goal scoring record, he just seemed so dis-interested, my gf even said to me at one stage "why is Torres just walking around" and she hasn't the slightest clue about football.

I'm not sure Demba Ba is the answer buy its good to see the club are working on bringing in someone else, when we get a prolific scorer we'll be a lot harder to beat.

RichT wrote: »
    Christ Sgt, I thought we were all in deep trouble and getting a BIG MOD telling off :o

New year eve drinking started early

speaking of which

HAPPY NEW YEAR BOARDSIES!

Lets flay those hoops, and torres to score, and another comeback to start

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads I was at the game yesterday and have to say we were lucky to get a win but was happy enough with our performance.

One thing I will say is that Torres is absolutely rubbish, I don't care about his recent goal scoring record, he just seemed so dis-interested, my gf even said to me at one stage "why is Torres just walking around" and she hasn't the slightest clue about football.

I'm not sure Demba Ba is the answer buy its good to see the club are working on bringing in someone else, when we get a prolific scorer we'll be a lot harder to beat.

fair play to ya, getting away with taking the mott to a game - shes the one i tell ya!

I do like his highlights though and it was pretty chilly so he should have jogged a bit to keep warm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Happy new hangover, people...
    I'm cúnted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Man Utd to offer Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard contracts in the summer.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/290703/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-s-in-for-Frank-Lampard-and-Ashley-Cole/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whatever about Lampard but it would be crazy to let Cole go. I hate him more than any other player, but he is still one of the best LB's in the world.

Big win tomorrow night hopefuly to do the goal difference a bit of good.

Big win tomorrow night hopefuly to do the goal difference a bit of good.

Maybe not that easy. Cech out, Harry will have them pumped for a derby game

• Advertisement

Maybe not that easy. Cech out, Harry will have them pumped for a derby game

Turnbull made a hood save the other day and played well for 45 mins, we owe QPR a beati g and with both Manchester clubs winning and Spurs too and Arsenal drawing a win would be a big advantage for top 4 football.

Im very confident we'll win by 3 or 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I just want a win. I would take a dull 1-0 if it was offered now. We need to keep up the winning to finish off a good christmas/new year period.

Nearly the 2nd of Jan and we still haven't signed Falcao or anyone. Clubs a joke :p

Nearly the 2nd of Jan and we still haven't signed Falcao or anyone. Clubs a joke :p

I blame Rafa. :o

Rumour on twitter is that we'll loan Marin to Leverkusen in a bid to sweeten them up for when we try sign Schurrle in the summer. Can't see it happening though, I can see Marin getting a lot more game time with us once Moses heads off to the ACON.

The reality is that we should really hammer QPR tonight, but football is a funny game, once the lads dont get complacent going into the match then we should really turn them over, especially being at home too.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Rumour on twitter is that we'll loan Marin to Leverkusen in a bid to sweeten them up for when we try sign Schurrle in the summer. Can't see it happening though, I can see Marin getting a lot more game time with us once Moses heads off to the ACON.

The reality is that we should really hammer QPR tonight, but football is a funny game, once the lads dont get complacent going into the match then we should really turn them over, especially being at home too.

I really dont understand our hard on for Schurrie?
    So far, so average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I just want a win. I would take a dull 1-0 if it was offered now. We need to keep up the winning to finish off a good christmas/new year period.

I'd take a dull win too, with both Manc clubs winning yesterday we can't really afford to drop points to QPR. They always seem to get a point from us though!

I really dont understand our hard on for Schurrie?
    So far, so average

I havnt actually seen that much of him tbh, seen him play against Ireland in the Aviva but he wasn't on long enough to really show anything special.

It looks like we'll probably bring in Demba Ba, not really mad on him but to be fair he's a proven goal scorer in the PL & 7mil isn't much when you consider we're getting double that for Sturridge.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement