Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

A team like Chelsea with Roman in charge should really expect nothing less than the treatment Lampard is getting. Roman doesn't care for the history of Chelsea, nor the legacy of players. The fact is he should be given the opportunity to finish his career at the club. If it costs a few million then do it. It's worth more having Frank on the training ground bringing his experience to the younger players, and pitching in on the odd game. It shows why we'll never have the same legacy as Man Utd or Liverpool. (Obviously we are much better than Liverpool, but we don't have the same legacy they do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

SGT PEPPER BREAKING NEWS LADS

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_3024928

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

£7 million isnt to bad I guess.

He'll be a different option.

Actually will he pass a medical or are the club just going to ignore it and take a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

SGT PEPPER BREAKING NEWS LADS

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_3024928

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

Is that news? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but I thought the transfer fee has always been fixed but that the wages were the problem?

Is that news? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but I thought the transfer fee has always been fixed but that the wages were the problem?

Well, we must be confident of an agreement and wages etc for us to make a bid basically

or if you like

"I would dare to suggest it's him and his representatives who have woken up and realised the reality of his situation and taken what was offered by the club.

They've tried whoring him around and no 'trophy winning' teams are begging him to come on obscene wages so they've had to wind there greedy necks in."

Well, we must be confident of an agreement and wages etc for us to make a bid basically

Yeah I guess so, confident enough for them to take him out anyway... I hope it's sorted sooner rather than later, although in standard Chelsea fashion it'll be dragged out until deadline day now.

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer Liverpool have confirmed the signing of striker Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea #CFC #LFC

Sturridge gone and Ba in.

Good bit of business right there whem ya consider were making a bit of prpfit on Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

GavRedKing wrote: »
    £7 million isnt to bad I guess.

He'll be a different option.

I think he's a great buy for Chelsea.

36 goals in 66 games since arriving in England.

A_nQ3_jCAAAN1kr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I think he's a great buy for Chelsea.

36 goals in 66 games since arriving in England.

only rooney and van persie have scored more since he has arrived in the league, he will be a great signing for u boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Confirmation of Sturridge..
    Daniel Sturridge has today signed for Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

The striker leaves Chelsea after three and a half years at the club, during which he started 49 games with 47 appearances as a substitute. He scored 24 goals.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Actually will he pass a medical or are the club just going to ignore it and take a gamble.

Has Ba ever had a serious injury while playing in England? IIRC he failed two medicals at Stoke but I can't remember him being injured at all since his arrival to the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Sturridge out..
    Ba in!

Good deal.

Squad improved.

Sturridge out..
    Torres out..
    Any other striker :p in!

Good deal.

Squad improved.

Just fixed that for ya!

Beat QPR and rub 'Arry's nose in it by stuffing them by a couple of goals, he'll come out and say they expected nothing from this game anyway given our squad is full of UCL winners and all that jazz.

I really hope QPR go down and with 'Arry at the helm it will be even sweeter to watch.

Just fixed that for ya!

Well we need more than 1 striker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

10-12m for Sturridge? How the hell did you's manage that? :pac:

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Has Ba ever had a serious injury while playing in England? IIRC he failed two medicals at Stoke but I can't remember him being injured at all since his arrival to the PL.

Ba has only missed 17 games in 7 years apparently

Demba Ba "OK" with #cfc contract offer -- source with knowledge of negotiations tells CNN #nufc

oh no, its happening again! :D

553292_447269611993415_558049549_n.jpg

Ba has only missed 17 games in 7 years apparently

Demba Ba "OK" with #cfc contract offer -- source with knowledge of negotiations tells CNN #nufc

I thought as much, it will be interesting to see how he gets on with our attacking options.

Can only improve you would have to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

ChelsTransfer
    Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Demba Ba who is expected to sign a 3 year contract #CFC #NUFC

SkySportsNews
    Coming up next on #SSN David Craig is live at St James’ Park with the latest news on Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Phoenix wrote: »
    What kind of striker is Ba?

One that scores, just the type we need!:pac:

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i wonder if Liverpool fancy buying a french international to play on the other wing for them? ;)

not cup-tied in any comp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ba looks like a great bit of business for ye.Does anyone else think its strange that Liverpool bought Sturridge instead of going for BA,I know who I would prefer in my team.

• Advertisement

Lads anyone need a stream for tonights game ?

Drop me a pm.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Ba looks like a great bit of business for ye.Does anyone else think its strange that Liverpool bought Sturridge instead of going for BA,I know who I would prefer in my team.

The only reason I can think is Ba wanted too high wages and Champions League football next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good bit of business today! A nice hammering of QPR will round of a good day!

Anyone think Torres and Ba could play together? Newcastle played with Cisse and Ba. Would be interesting to see them both, how they would fair.

Johner wrote: »
    Good bit of business today! A nice hammering of QPR will round of a good day!

Yep 5 million profit and swap a squad player for the 2nd joint top scorer!

Nice :D

solarith wrote: »
    Anyone think Torres and Ba could play together? Newcastle played with Cisse and Ba. Would be interesting to see them both, how they would fair.

No, we dont want to go back to playing with 10 men again.
    Torres will get his chance in the Europa League ;)

• Advertisement

No, we dont want to go back to playing with 10 men again.
    Torres will get his chance in the Europa League ;)
    But but Torres is good at defensive headers!!

Presume Ba is a club signing and nor a Rafa buy, got to wonder so will Rafa show loyality and continue with Torres in the majority of games.

Presume Ba is a club signing and nor a Rafa buy, got to wonder so will Rafa show loyality and continue with Torres in the majority of games.

rafa will play a winning team, this is his chance to either get the gig full time or a shop window to get another top team job.
    I reckon if you aint scoring, you get dropped and has already said as much re rotation and torres

Time will tell I guess. As soon as Ba is ready he should start and reat Torres.

So tonight is his last chance to fill his boots before Ba's arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rafa and Torres have a long relationship. I think Torres will remain the main man with Ba in reserve to rotate with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

oh no, its happening again! :D

553292_447269611993415_558049549_n.jpg
    Winston Bagorde? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well Rafa fecked that up big time , same as he did against West Ham, Bloody disgraceful result , Fair play to QPR

Put your best foot forward then make the change , we could not afford a loss tonight , plus playing Southampton at the weekend who are going to field a second team , why not save the weakened side for that !!

Torres once again brutal , I would be delighted to see him out the door in January/Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really hope if Ba comes he gets a good run in the team as Torres really is not up to it.
    I say the league challenge could be over.
    Cole was a big miss and need to sign him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Torres may score now and again but tonight was the final straw he was playing against hill and nelson ffs:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bring me Theo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

back to negativity ... ah well ....

was a nice 3 wins before tonights shambles.. ...

lost 4 points to tbe bottom team - nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I dont normally post when im not in work and i never said before i wanted a manager sacked but please Roman get that spanish twat out of here!!! Sick when we signed him and still sick today. Getting beaten by QPR at the bridge is unforgiveable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Bloody fuming , pure arrogance from that team selection tonight ,

Suarez makes clint hill look like an absolute numpty

Torres makes him look like a world class defender ,

The worse thing about this now is RB wont even drop Torres for BA and we need to stop playing every game with 10 men :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement