Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

what a day wrote: »
    GAV i dont know what you mean ready made striker? Its plain and simple Torres is not one of the best strikers in the world any more and if we want to be the best club in the world we need one of the best strikers in the world. Im not saying Ba is our answer but he is a better striker than Torres currently is and id have him start evey game before Torres.

As for Lukaku, he is doing brilliant with Brom so leave him there and let him grow as a player rather than sit on our bench. Bring him back when he is ready to lead the line for us maybe next season or the season after. We need at least 2 top quality strikers and Torres is not counted because he is not top quality IMO, Ba is a good start but we still need some one even better than Ba!

Which is all good, but why would Higauin want to join us? Arguably, playing for Real Mardid is the pinnacle of any players career and unless Real replace him with a player of equal or better calibre he'll be going nowhere, Real Mardid arent a club you can bully or dictate that you want their players, he'll only be allowed go if the price is huge and they have someone else lined up.

The thing with Lukaku is, he wants to play football and he wants to do it with us, he may not want to spend another season out on loan but his chances of 1st team football with us would be nowhere near as much as he deserves so finding him another club for next season is key, whcih brings us back to Torres.

If we have Ba and Torres and Lukaku on loan, we still need at least 1 more striker aswell as keeping Torres and Ba and having Lukaku on loan.

2 Janaury's ago we ahd Anelka, Kalou, Drogba, Torres, last eyar we had Drogba, Kalou, Torres, Sturridge, this year we had Sturridge and Torres and now we have Torres, we really need at least 3 CF's but I dont thin Torres will be sold this summer.

I think it will be Ba, Torres and a new CF with Lukaku going out on loan for one last season.

Depending on where we finish will also dictate the calibre of CF we sign IMO, we finish outside the top 4 we can kiss goodbye to Falcao/Higuain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

peteeeed wrote: »
    ivanovic and luiz seemed to be in a competition of who could hit the top tier of the stand from long range

Did anyone else notice that after every time Luiz or Ivanovic took a shot they were pointing towards the forward players as if to say show us some movement, we just looked so flat last night.

A couple of positives from last nights game is that Marin got over an hour under his belt, you can tell when he's fully fit he'll be a dangerous player for us.

Also at least now we won't go into the FA Cup game being complacent.

It was horrible viewing last night but its not the end of the world, you can guarantee that every other team in the league will have these sort of slip ups before the season is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Leiva wrote: »
    Just read on Twitter that all you have to do is pick off the "DROG" from your jerseys and your sorted for a BA jersey ! :)

A_oYvgtCcAA0kgY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

A_oYvgtCcAA0kgY.jpg

Don't think Oscar will be too pleased with that.

Team showed no interest in winning last night, initial team was more than capable of beating most teams in the premiership. No need for Mata or Hazard, players been given a chance and not taking the chance to play for the jersey / club. my 2 cents worth

Chelsea had a bid rejected by Roma for defender Marquinhos (La Gazetta dello Sport.)

Dont really understand us going in for another defender but this lad is a smashing prospect, already a regular in the Roma side and he's still only 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Which is all good, but why would Higauin want to join us? Arguably, playing for Real Mardid is the pinnacle of any players career and unless Real replace him with a player of equal or better calibre he'll be going nowhere, Real Mardid arent a club you can bully or dictate that you want their players, he'll only be allowed go if the price is huge and they have someone else lined up.

The thing with Lukaku is, he wants to play football and he wants to do it with us, he may not want to spend another season out on loan but his chances of 1st team football with us would be nowhere near as much as he deserves so finding him another club for next season is key, whcih brings us back to Torres.

If we have Ba and Torres and Lukaku on loan, we still need at least 1 more striker aswell as keeping Torres and Ba and having Lukaku on loan.

2 Janaury's ago we ahd Anelka, Kalou, Drogba, Torres, last eyar we had Drogba, Kalou, Torres, Sturridge, this year we had Sturridge and Torres and now we have Torres, we really need at least 3 CF's but I dont thin Torres will be sold this summer.

I think it will be Ba, Torres and a new CF with Lukaku going out on loan for one last season.

Depending on where we finish will also dictate the calibre of CF we sign IMO, we finish outside the top 4 we can kiss goodbye to Falcao/Higuain.

Lots of players leave Madrid, especially ones that are playing second fiddle to some one else when they could be a starter at another club in the same compitions and will probably get more money with another club, of coure Higuain could leave.

On Lukaku if he wants to play for us he will have to do what the club wants him to do. If they tell him he has to go on loan again then he has to go on loan.

I completely agree we need another striker, what im saying is we dont have any top notch stikers in our squad, even on loan. Lukaku is quality for his age but at the moment he is not one of the best which is what our Club aspire to be. You have to be the best to get into our starting line up and Torres is not one of the best.

Id love us to sign Higuain, another quality player and if Madrid think they can get Falcao then im sure we could get Higuain but Mardid wont want to loose Higuain untill they get Falcao. So that leaves us with a Hot prostect for the future (Lukaku) and an average striker in Torres. Get Ba in to replace Torres and we will have improved greatly but still not enough. We have been linked with Bony and Taison recently but for me i want us to get Shurrle in and play him as a striker. Id also love us to go for Walcott, quality little player and offeres so much in attack, could be an excellent addition to our squad!

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Chelsea had a bid rejected by Roma for defender Marquinhos (La Gazetta dello Sport.)

Dont really understand us going in for another defender but this lad is a smashing prospect, already a regular in the Roma side and he's still only 18.

We could be looking at moving Luiz to midfield on a perminant bases?
    Or we could be trying to buy the best playesr and better what we already have.
    I dont see why some people take it as a negative or senseless.

We could be looking at moving Luiz to midfield on a perminant bases?
    Or we could be trying to buy the best playesr and better what we already have.
    I dont see why some people take it as a negative or senseless.

Or it could be Chelsea doing our usual thing.
    Sign exciting young player and then loan him back out to the same club, unlikely to ever play for us, even when we are short in his position ourselves and for a fee that we could have bought an actual first team player or squad player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lots of players leave Madrid, especially ones that are playing second fiddle to some one else when they could be a starter at another club in the same compitions and will probably get more money with another club, of coure Higuain could leave.

On Lukaku if he wants to play for us he will have to do what the club wants him to do. If they tell him he has to go on loan again then he has to go on loan.

I completely agree we need another striker, what im saying is we dont have any top notch stikers in our squad, even on loan. Lukaku is quality for his age but at the moment he is not one of the best which is what our Club aspire to be. You have to be the best to get into our starting line up and Torres is not one of the best.

Id love us to sign Higuain, another quality player and if Madrid think they can get Falcao then im sure we could get Higuain but Mardid wont want to loose Higuain untill they get Falcao. So that leaves us with a Hot prostect for the future (Lukaku) and an average striker in Torres. Get Ba in to replace Torres and we will have improved greatly but still not enough. We have been linked with Bony and Taison recently but for me i want us to get Shurrle in and play him as a striker. Id also love us to go for Walcott, quality little player and offeres so much in attack, could be an excellent addition to our squad!
    i cant see madrid gettin falcao, i think its much more likely that we will . we have a good relationship with athletico (courtios has been let stay there for a second season) and athletico don't really deal with real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Maybe its just his grasp of the English language is not as good as it should be and he has got the words interim and intermittent mixed up?
    Lets get a pool going, how long is he going to last?

http://www.hasrafabeensacked.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Chelsea are confident of agreeing personal terms with Demba Ba and completing the £7m signing of the striker on Thursday, the Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew, having said on Wednesday night it "was a done deal".

Rafael Benítez, the Chelsea manager, was more cautious but confirmed that he hopes to have the Senegalese striker available for the game against Southampton this weekend.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/02/demba-ba-chelsea-newcastle

Or it could be Chelsea doing our usual thing.
    Sign exciting young player and then loan him back out to the same club, unlikely to ever play for us, even when we are short in his position ourselves and for a fee that we could have bought an actual first team player or squad player!

Again some fans have a terrible opinion of us trying to get the best young tallent and when they dont work out they have a go at our system. I know its annoying but look at all the players we have on loan Chalobha Kalas Bruma to name a few.

All good prospects that look like they have a bright future in football. Are they better then the options we have now in our squad i.e Terry Luiz Ivan Cahill? No, i dont think so. We have these players on loan so they can grow and we scout there growth constantly. If they dont grow better then the options we have we sell them on and keep the best to our selves i.e Huth/Rajkovic etc.

No and again one or two players may find them selves getting game time but its going to take a while to find top class players, so far Betrand is getting his chance and doing well yet we have some of our own fans saying we should replace Cole with Baines when we have Bertrand and PVA ready to be givin a go. I personally thing both Bertie and PVA are terrific young players and id rather us keep them and replace Cole with Bertie and put PVA as back up to Bertrand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rafa made an error in not playing at least one of Mata/Hazard from the start, especially with an FA Cup game coming up where they could certainly get a rest.

as mentioned already, either could have come off after 60 minutes once the team was winning.

that being said though, the majority of the blame here is with the players. they had more than enough quality on the pitch to win that game, and Rafa was within his rights to believe that the team he sent out could beat QPR.

even playing shíte, you had more than enough good chances to win the game.

Torres, in particular, was a disgrace, and let his manager down big times. i'd start Moses up top right now before him. easily.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Rafa made an error in not playing at least one of Mata/Hazard from the start, especially with an FA Cup game coming up where they could certainly get a rest.

as mentioned already, either could have come off after 60 minutes once the team was winning.

that being said though, the majority of the blame here is with the players. they had more than enough quality on the pitch to win that game, and Rafa was within his rights to believe that the team he sent out could beat QPR.

even playing shíte, you had more than enough good chances to win the game.

Torres, in particular, was a disgrace, and let his manager down big times. i'd start Moses up top right now before him. easily.

Once Ba is registered in time to play against Southampton I fully expect him to start and be flanked by Hazard, Mata, Moses.

Rafa will need to win after the QPR game and in the last decade we've become FA cup specailists so another run to the final would be very welcome so as strong as starting XI will take the field against Southapmton IMO.

I mentioned that Mata and or Hazard should have started last night and taken off when and if we were 2,3 goals up, it was a mistake from Rafa and one he'll learn from, Moses and Oscar are just not at the level of Hazard and Mata.

@What a day.

The problem with having all these prospects at Chelsea is the likelihood of any of them getting a run in our first team is very slim, Piazon seems like the only one at the moment who has a chance. I don't think PVA, Bruma, Chalobah, Kane or even MacEachran have a chance of having a career with Chelsea.

I'm a big fan of youth football and would love nothing more than to see us use the younger players but its just not going to happen.

What we should be doing is selling them on for profit, rather than just loaning them all out until their contracts run out.

3 and 1/2 year deal done for BA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Finally a functional striker. Maybe now we will have a threat up front at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Source?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/demba-ba-could-be-followed-to-chelsea-by-taison-micah-richards-and-radamel-falcao-8436202.html
    The entire deal for Ba could potentially cost Chelsea more than £20m with around £15m in wages, at £80,000-a-week over four years, a further £7m to meet the buy-out clause, £2.5m which is being divided between Ba and his representatives. The deal has been squabbled over by different parties claiming to represent the player who has negotiated through his friend Alex Gontran.

Once Ba is done by tomorrow lunch time he can play at the weekend.

Same article hinted at Micah Richards too. :(

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/demba-ba-could-be-followed-to-chelsea-by-taison-micah-richards-and-radamel-falcao-8436202.html

Once Ba is done by tomorrow lunch time he can play at the weekend.

Same article hinted at Micah Richards too. :(

Lots of talk about Richards on twitter, supposedly he was spotted by a few people at the Bridge last night.

In regards to the Ba deal, I think the 2.5 million that he gets comes out of the 7mil transfer fee, I think I remember reading something about that a few days ago.

Lots of talk about Richards on twitter, supposedly he was spotted by a few people at the Bridge last night.

In regards to the Ba deal, I think the 2.5 million that he gets comes out of the 7mil transfer fee, I think I remember reading something about that a few days ago.

If the figures are to be believed then its :

Transfer fee : £7Million
    Signign on fee : £2.5Million
    Wages for duration of contract (3.5 years @ 80K) : £14.56Million

Total = £24.06Million

Sold Danny for £12Million who was on £50-60K, not a bad deal.

This made me laugh

Without Suarez Liverpool would be sixteenth...

Without RvP United would be eleventh

Without Torres Chelsea would still be fourth

This made me laugh

Without Suarez Liverpool would be sixteenth...

Without RvP United would be eleventh

Without Torres Chelsea would still be fourth

Which means were not a one man team. ;)

I've brought Ba into my Fantasy Football team, watch him get dropped/injured for his 1st EPL game. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Apparently we have created 225 chances?

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/01/03/gonzalo-higuain-considering-moving-to-chelsea/

Even with limited appearances Higuain has scored an incredible 8 goals in 10 games. Make no mistake, this is a quality striker of pedigree who would thrive in the EPL. Chelsea at the moment have created 225 chances in the EPL and are desperately in need of someone to put those chances away.

On looking at the stats it is also amazing to see Higuain scores with over a third of his shots!

A good read IMO

http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/chelsea-fc-news-qpr-loss-shows-why-benitez-cant-be-permanent-boss-991060

After 3 wins out of 3 during the festive season, Chelsea were going into their last game of the festive season hoping to make it 4 wins out of 4. Let me rephrase that. Chelsea were expecting 4 wins out of 4. QPR are the worst side in the league having won only 1 game all season before last night, and many had already tipped them to go down. But Chelsea fans knew that yesterday could have been a potential banana skin. I mean, it was QPR’s cup final last night, and they put out the strongest side they could in order to try and contain Chelsea and hopefully steal a result from a set piece. That’s exactly what they did.

When the team sheet came in, every Chelsea fan scratched their head and wondered why Benitez was leaving out so many players with a league game not for another 10 days? Yes Chelsea have an FA Cup game at the weekend & a league cup semi-final next week too, but surely that would be the time to rest these players? Last night should have been the same team that beat Everton so impressively on Sunday, and had everyone prematurely claiming that Chelsea were back in the title race. How wrong they were.

In my eyes, Chelsea were never really in the title race. After last seasons 6th place finish, a 3rd place finish would be a good start for this young side, with the team properly challenging next season. I mean, how can you expect to challenge for a title with one striker, who isn’t anything special anymore! But last nights loss to QPR just showed that the side aren’t contenders this season, and one of the main reasons for this is the man standing on the touchline.

Since his hostile unveiling at Chelsea vs Man City, many outsiders would say that Benitez was ‘winning’ over the fans, with pundits pointing out that the booing had stopped before games. That may be the case, but the songs are still sung just as loudly, and he’s still not won over any of the fans who didn’t want him before he arrived. Since he arrived there were 4 games which Chelsea fans didn’t want to lose. They were West Ham away, the Club World Cup Final, Leeds in the league cup & QPR at home. Benitez has lost 3 of those 4 games

Under Di Matteo, Chelsea enjoyed many famous wins, which apart from the obvious included away league wins this season against Arsenal & Tottenham. These are the matches which meant the most to the fans, and Di Matteo knew that being an ex-player. Benitez doesn’t seem to grasp that at Chelsea, which may have something to do with his Liverpool ties. Probably.

The Leeds win away in the cup was a great win that Chelsea fans will remember for years to come, but the other 3 losses are hard to take, especially as one of them cost the side a piece of silverware. When at Liverpool, Chelsea fans used to joke about Benitez as he would win the big games such as Chelsea at home or United away, and then lose or draw the gimmes against sides like Stoke or Wolves at home, which effectively cost Liverpool the title. Now he’s doing the same at Chelsea.

He is so arrogant in his ways, and simply won’t accept after last nights decision that he made the wrong choice by resting Hazard and more importantly Mata. Mata has been the orchestrator for the whole of the season, proving himself to be a world class player, and that last season wasn’t a fluke. The stats don't lie either, as with Mata Chelsea have won 11 games, drawn 2 and lost 2. Without Mata, it's 3 draws & 2 losses. So in a game where you must realize that the fans want to win, especially after not being QPR away either, you rest your main player. Madness.

If Benitez was so keen on resting players, why not start with your strongest side and then take these players off once the game had been won? I’m sure any other manager would have done that, but not Benitez. As a Chelsea fan, in my eyes what Benitez did at Liverpool in terms of success was rather flukey. He won both cup finals on penalties after the other teams both crumbled, and although many may say that the comebacks were down to his tactics, in my eyes it was all down to Steven Gerrard who carried that team before Torres arrived.

Benitez has lived off the back of these 2 cup wins, with everyone saying how tactically competent he is. But after 2 months of his managerial career at Chelsea, I along with many others, simply am not convinced. When Benitez took over at Chelsea, they were 4 points off of top spot. Now they’re 14 points off the top with a game in hand. Progress Roman? Would Di Matteo have done much worse than this? I’m not too sure. The players wanted to play for Robbie, and they simply don’t want to for Benitez.

As a Chelsea fan, this season is a write off for me, and I don’t expect much to come from it. In the league cup we have Swansea who are in great form at the moment, and always give us a tough game away, so could easily see us losing that. As for the league, I do worry that we may miss out on 4th spot. With two strikers, with Demba Ba coming in, I still don’t think that’s enough firepower to keep us in contention, especially with Spurs grinding out wins & Arsenal always seeming to have the knack of getting in somehow.

Benitez just builds you up, to let you down it seems, and now Chelsea fans know how Liverpool fans must have felt the season where Liverpool came close to the title. It would be a travesty if Benitez was given the job full time, and if Abramovich wants to challenge for titles consistently and challenge for major honours, Benitez will never achieve that at Chelsea. The fans don’t want him, the players don’t want him. The sooner May comes, the better. Chelsea fans will just hope that the damage is minimal when it comes to appointing another new manager

Its funny how after a few impressive performances people were saying Chelsea were back as title contenders & that Benitez might be offered the job full time, one defeat later, its a nothing season and Rafa is public enemy #1 again.

Bit of a delay, whilst they re-attach one of Ba's knees, expected to be confirmed at 6.30pm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Silverware and a 4th place finish (well 3rd really, as dont want to have to go through a difficult play-off next season) would be great now..

• Advertisement

Top story on blues news on Chelsea tv ' yossi back at the bridge ' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Rafa will need to win after the QPR game and in the last decade we've become FA cup specailists so another run to the final would be very welcome so as strong as starting XI will take the field against Southapmton IMO.
    Strategy for the rest of the season:

- Win League Cup;

- Exit the Europa Cup ASAP. The squad does not need to travel and play on nights which will knacker them for the weekend;

- Go for a good run in the FA Cup. Something to end the season on a winning high with; and

- Play for 2nd place place in the league. It should be possible to put the willies up Man City with all that's going on there. Man U are probably untouchable at this stage, by us anyway.

Interesting discussion on TalkSport about Chelsea with Jason Burt
    Big part of the issue is 'the club' thinking the players have underperformed !

and have been overindulged by successive managers - apparently. They want a disciplinarian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Interesting discussion on TalkSport about Chelsea with Jason Burt
    Big part of the issue is 'the club' thinking the players have underperformed !

and have been overindulged by successive managers - apparently. They want a disciplinarian.

Mourinho always had a pretty strong rule... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

All over twitter...... :(
    Frank Lampard's agent Steve Kutner has confirmed that the player will leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

This policy of letting players over 30 basically walk out the door once their contract is up will bite Chelsea very hard in the not too distant future.
    You cannot, cannot get a better role model and a more positive influence in the dressing room than the likes of Frank Lampard. Him being allowed to leave Chelsea is beyond the height of stupidity in my opinion.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Has Demba Ba deal been officially done?

Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle
    Demba Ba situation remains: fee agreed; medical scheduled for today - tests can take time, reports need writing; still expect news tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Re Torres

Agreed yes he is tired but that doesn't explain his basic lack of ball control and his lack of hunger. pace was his main asset and that's diminished too as has his footballing brain. He's a busted flush I wish Roman and the board could realise this. I'd take a younger Stein over him now:confused:

• Advertisement

I know mate that's how bad he was become, heck I'd even have Kezman over him, at least he tried

Pato has signed for Corinthians for €15 million, I know he's had his injuries but thats an absolute bargain, would of loved to see him at Chelsea.

Pato has signed for Corinthians for €15 million, I know he's had his injuries but thats an absolute bargain, would of loved to see him at Chelsea.

Definetly, considering PSG had a €40 Million bid turned down in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Really? That's mad, does that say how well the Brazilian league is doing or how poor Pato has been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

737031_464454490268413_894328482_o.jpg

Soby wrote: »
    737031_464454490268413_894328482_o.jpg

:eek:

sacrilege

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle
    Demba Ba situation remains: fee agreed; medical scheduled for today - tests can take time, reports need writing; still expect news tomorrow.

Heard its a done deal ;),

But Oscar wears 11

• Advertisement

Heard its a done deal ;),

Probably take number 19 off Ferriera :pac:

Free numbers are 14,16,18,20,23,27,29.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement