Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Pato has signed for Corinthians for €15 million, I know he's had his injuries but thats an absolute bargain, would of loved to see him at Chelsea.

How has nobody bettered that?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Whats the odds that Sturridge will start piling them in with Liverpool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Really? That's mad, does that say how well the Brazilian league is doing or how poor Pato has been?
    I think its more to do with the fact that the Brazilian economy is booming so they can afford to keep their best players & also bring the big names back.

Hopefully the Brazilian players at Chelsea don't follow the usual trend of making your name then going off the boil, packing on the weight then heading back home, its actually shocking the amount of world class Brazilians that seem to loose the hunger for football so early on in their careers.

dfx- wrote: »

I don't actually know, it seems a strange one alright, unless there's something in the contract that allows Milan 1st choice on Corinthinas players in the future ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Panthro wrote: »
    This policy of letting players over 30 basically walk out the door once their contract is up will bite Chelsea very hard in the not too distant future.
    You cannot, cannot get a better role model and a more positive influence in the dressing room than the likes of Frank Lampard. Him being allowed to leave Chelsea is beyond the height of stupidity in my opinion.

dENIED

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1287220/lampard-agent-denies-exit-claims?cc=5739

• Advertisement

You've got to love transfer season, I think anyone with a twitter account could make up a rumour and get it on the yellow breaking news bar on Sky Sports news. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It's certainly a weird one to say the least, maybe Pato wants to go home for a stint and try a resurrection his career.

I imagine he'll be back in Europe in the next 2 years, if he plays well and stays injury free, a real shame as the lad has massive potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Panthro wrote: »
    This policy of letting players over 30 basically walk out the door once their contract is up will bite Chelsea very hard in the not too distant future.
    You cannot, cannot get a better role model and a more positive influence in the dressing room than the likes of Frank Lampard. Him being allowed to leave Chelsea is beyond the height of stupidity in my opinion.

Paying him the kind of money he is reportedly looking for to stay would be the height of stupidity imho. Not an ideal situation to be in but the figures make letting him go the right call from my point of view. Its not as if he wont be replaced

Great signing potentially for them, they already have the best defence in South America, it should make them even more potent up front, he wanted to go home by all accounts and I am pretty certain Milan would not have let him go so cheap to a European rival.

He has not progressed the way they thought he would either, he needs to be playing regularly now to get his career back on track, still young enough to make an appearance in Europe again at some stage :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Great signing potentially for them, they already have the best defence in South America, it should make them even more potent up front, he wanted to go home by all accounts and I am pretty certain Milan would not have let him go so cheap to a European rival.

He has not progressed the way they thought he would either, he needs to be playing regularly now to get his career back on track, still young enough to make an appearance in Europe again at some stage :)

Hope so, he was a player I always liked to watch. He could also be going home to enhance his chances of making the Brazil 2014 World Cup squad.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hope so, he was a player I always liked to watch. He could also be going home to enhance his chances of making the Brazil 2014 World Cup squad.

He was very exciting when he came on the scene but he hasn't lived up to expectations, he has had serious injury problems which is a shame. I hope he just stays clear of injury and starts to play regularly again. Great to watch when on form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

is malouda in the last year of his contact? surely he has to be moved on in this transfer window

Article that highlights or CF's since Roman tookover.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256507/Demba-Ba-moves-Chelsea--strikers-graveyard.html

Goes on to suggest only Drogba and maybe Anelka and Crespo were good enough.

Article that highlights or CF's since Roman tookover.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256507/Demba-Ba-moves-Chelsea--strikers-graveyard.html

Goes on to suggest only Drogba and maybe Anelka and Crespo were good enough.

crespo was such a good player , pity his wife wouldn't live in london . always gave his all and scored some important goals for the club

peteeeed wrote: »
    crespo was such a good player , pity his wife wouldn't live in london . always gave his all and scored some important goals for the club

I remember his rocket on the opening day against Wigan I think in the last few minutes when we won 3-2.

Also remember a good goal against Liverpool at Anfield.

lads for anyone thats on Instagram, you should give John Terry a follow - J26Terry.

He posted a pic a while ago of homself & Lamps holdong the Fa Cup with a message underneath, "Devastated is an understatement, we should retire the number 8 shirt in honour of Lamps."

Thats an official page, so it looks like Lamps is defo gone at the end of the season, might even be during this window?

lads for anyone thats on Instagram, you should give John Terry a follow - J26Terry.

He posted a pic a while ago of homself & Lamps holdong the Fa Cup with a message underneath, "Devastated is an understatement, we should retire the number 8 shirt in honour of Lamps."

Thats an official page, so it looks like Lamps is defo gone at the end of the season, might even be during this window?

I'd love if Lampard could stay, he'd almost certainly beat Bobby Tambling's all time goal scoring record if he did, hes only one short of Dixon at the moment on 192 which is outstanding.

I'd love if Lampard could stay, he'd almost certainly beat Bobby Tambling's all time goal scoring record if he did, hes only one short of Dixon at the moment on 192 which is outstanding.

It would be good if he could stay, but in fairness if you look at it from the clubs point of view, he's one of the highest earners who realistically will struggle to stay in the team this season let alone another 2 years.

If Lamps was to move on during this transfer window, how much do you think he would be sold for ?

It would be good if he could stay, but in fairness if you look at it from the clubs point of view, he's one of the highest earners who realistically will struggle to stay in the team this season let alone another 2 years.

If Lamps was to move on during this transfer window, how much do you think he would be sold for ?

I couldnt guess, depends where he goes, if its to America I imagine it will be for low money, if its to another European club......stabbing in the dark anywhere from £1-2 Million max.

I couldnt guess, depends where he goes, if its to America I imagine it will be for low money, if its to another European club......stabbing in the dark anywhere from £1-2 Million max.

Do you think the club could be trying to get him off the wage bill, to free up funds for another top player..cough..cough Falcao :pac:

• Advertisement

Do you think the club could be trying to get him off the wage bill, to free up funds for another top player..cough..cough Falcao :pac:

Possibily, hes on something like £120-130K a week, I still think there is a year left in him, I'd be more rushing to get rid of Malouda and Yossi, between them they're hoovering up about £170K a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Id love Lamps to hang around to get the goal record but as already mentioned the club comes first. If Lamps can take a huge pay cut defo keep him but he is on massive wages at the moment and the club will need to free up some cash so we can move on.

I was devastaed when Drogba left but we get over these things and will move on, the signing of Hazard and Oscar took the pain away from Drogba leaving and im sure another signing or two will take the pain away from Lamps leaving. The two lads are legends and will never be forgotten but we have to move on and sign two new legends, Mata is next in line to succeed Lampard now we have to get our new Drogba : - )

Possibily, hes on something like £120-130K a week, I still think there is a year left in him, I'd be more rushing to get rid of Malouda and Yossi, between them they're hoovering up about £170K a week.

Seen on twitter this morning that Malouda is off to Evian.

Don't know where Yossi will end up, although I don't think he's good enough for us now, he never really got a chance in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Such a pity about Frank.. how can the club seemingly not see what everyone else can?!! He deserves another year and he's well good enough.

It really is sickening.

Seen on twitter this morning that Malouda is off to Evian.

Don't know where Yossi will end up, although I don't think he's good enough for us now, he never really got a chance in the team.

New career for Malouda so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

http://web.stagram.com/p/361270902199688952_247694870

This is JT's instagram, its surely true now. Goodbye Frank

i'd love to know what franks agent is looking for , it must be a 2 year contract at the very least , when you see that roman brough kings of leon over to the Caribbean to play his new years eve party, why can they not offer frank a deal

Cech just recently turned 30, but I think he signed an extension for another 3 years.

Any idea how long JT has left on his contract? It seems like as soon as you're in the last year of your contract at Chelsea and you're over 30, you can expect to be let go.

Such a pity about Frank.. how can the club seemingly not see what everyone else can?!! He deserves another year and he's well good enough.

It really is sickening.

Look at it this way, when the season is over and we have all the loanee players back the midfielders we'll have are as follows:

kevin De Druyne
    Josh MacEachran
    Ramires
    John Obi Mikel
    Oriol Romeu
    David Luiz ?
    Michael essien?

Now Lamps on best form would get in ahead of most of them, but he's getting on now and will definitely only be a bit part player at most.

Why pay a bit part player 150K a week or whatever he's on, when that money could be used to buy another player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Look at it this way, when the season is over and we have all the loanee players back the midfielders we'll have are as follows:

kevin De Druyne
    Josh MacEachran
    Ramires
    John Obi Mikel
    Oriol Romeu
    David Luiz ?
    Michael essien?

Now Lamps on best form would get in ahead of most of them, but he's getting on now and will definitely only be a bit part player at most.

Why pay a bit part player 150K a week or whatever he's on, when that money could be used to buy another player?

Lampard is the only player in that list that can make a pass and score goals consistently, still at this age. Add on his influence on the younger players and his dressing room presence alone I'd be signing him up for another 2 seasons.

We are lacking winners and leaders in this team terribly and Lampard is one of those people. He'll be sorely missed.

Lampard is the only player in that list that can make a pass and score goals consistently, still at this age. Add on his influence on the younger players and his dressing room presence alone I'd be signing him up for another 2 seasons.

We are lacking winners and leaders in this team terribly and Lampard is one of those people. He'll be sorely missed.

definitely, looks at giggs and scholes at man utd, terry, cole and lampard do the same for chelsea

AVB, RDM & Rafa all only use Lamps as a bit part player, its obvious that he's not going to be as prolific as he used to be. Now don't get me wrong I would love for him to stay, I'm just looking at it from the clubs point of view, he must get around 6-7 million pound a year in wages, so why spend all that money on a player who will most likely be used as a sub for the most part?

definitely, looks at giggs and scholes at man utd, terry, cole and lampard do the same for chelsea

The difference between giggs & Scholes is that they have taken the 1 year extensions, Lamps declined our one year offer afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Just seen on Twitter that Patrick Bamford was kicked out of the Bridge the other night because stewarts taught he was a QPR fan!!!! WTF is the club at??

what a day wrote: »
    Just seen on Twitter that Patrick Bamford was kicked out of the Bridge the other night because stewarts taught he was a QPR fan!!!! WTF is the club at??

I seen that yesterday myself, he was saying that supposedly one of his friends told the stewards as a joke that he and another friend were QPR supporters causing trouble and the steward told them to leave, I actually thought it was pretty funny.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »

Is there a source for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

AVB, RDM & Rafa all only use Lamps as a bit part player, its obvious that he's not going to be as prolific as he used to be. Now don't get me wrong I would love for him to stay, I'm just looking at it from the clubs point of view, he must get around 6-7 million pound a year in wages, so why spend all that money on a player who will most likely be used as a sub for the most part?

Even as a bit part player I think he has loads to offer. We've seen since he's back from injury how important he can still be, I'm not expecting him to perform like that for 38 games a season but he's done plenty better than most of our other players in the holding roles...

As for wages, sure he's on loads but I think we have worse wages:quality saps (Malouda/Benayoun/Paulo/Essien at the end of the year) that we can cull and pay for another couple of years for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

woot woot, no more torres:D

We should rotate ba and torres. Torres in europe and ba in the league (ba is cup tied for the europa league)

• Advertisement

0,,10268~11536156,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

-Oscar---Mata---Hazard

Ba

Looks ten times better already!

Number 29 shirt... First time it's been dusted off since Robert Huth.

Only cup tied for Europa, so
    League=Ba
    FA Cup=Ba
    Capital Cup=Ba
    Europe=Anyone but Torres or some chap called Falcao :D

I reckon there's a good chance of him starting tomorrow, I'd imagine he would of trained yesterday & today so hopefully we get a look at him.

has to start tomorrow , torres is knackered and ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

... clapped out.

has to start tomorrow , torres is knackered and ....

...sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ba will probably play tomorrow and Wednesday against Swansea. Actually really looking forward to seeing him play for us, lets hope he hits the ground running and scores a couple in his first few games.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    ...sh!te

thats the one , even though his goal against barca has been watched by me more than an other goal ever , its been tough love this year

Johner wrote: »
    Ba will probably play tomorrow and Wednesday against Swansea. Actually really looking forward to seeing him play for us, lets hope he hits the ground running and scores a couple in his first few games.

well when ive seen him play for newcastle, when he gets a chance he pulls the trigger which is what we need

Number 29 shirt... First time it's been dusted off since Robert Huth.

Super Robert Huth. :pac:

Remember all the promise about him? He turned into a better player then I thought he would though.

He could start tomorrow, I'd be more inclined to play Torres and bring Ba on and then start Ba in the league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement