Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Welcome to the circus Demba, just dont get attached to any one manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Whats Rafa's net spend so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone wrote: »
    Whats Rafa's net spend so far?

Zero.

Chelsea managers have no say about transfer's. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would it be fair to say that with Sturridge out and Ba in, that you Chelsea fans think that your attacking options have improved a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that with Sturridge out and Ba in, that you Chelsea fans think that your attacking options have improved a lot?

On his day sturridge was great , trouble is he doesn't pass and won't go in on a 50/50 . No bottle , hope he does well at the pool but I can't see him being anything other than what he was at Chelsea , a squad player

I wouldnt say alot, but they have improved slightly IMO.

In Ba we've got a guy for £7 million whos had a fantastic start to his career in England, only been out scored by I think 3 players since his debut.

I think the main thing is that we've got a good option in for less then what we sold Sturridge for, even after City have received their slice of the deal we're still up about £2.5 - 3 Million.

Sad enough to see Sturridge go as you just enver know with him, he could tear it up at Anfield and the £12million could be a good deal in the long termas hes 4 years younger then Ba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I would not say our attacking options got better, but i would say Ba is a better fit in our system then both Torres and Sturridge. Since we play one central striker for some reason our recent managers never saw Sturridge fit into that role but personally i think Sturridge has huge talent and if Rodgers handles him well he will become a massive striker for Liverpool and England. Masive talent just needs a guiding hand and i think he willhave that with brendan Rodgers.

Over all im delighted we got Ba, PL proven and one of the top goal scorers in PL in recent seasons. Very good technically for a big guy and that is what we need instead of lead feet Torres.

More with Ba I think, Danny never really got much of a chance.
    Ba seems to shoot more, comes with no big price tag and hopefully will love the service from Mata and Co, and they in turn will hopefully find him moving into decent spaces and actually looking to receive the ball rather than laying it off at every opportunity, plus hopefully better at 1 on 1's

• Advertisement

Ba's rise to fame kind of reminds me of Drogba's.

Playing a relatively low level of football and then turning it on later in there career.

Hope he hits the ground running now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Thank fech for that, i have a good feeling bout him, always thought Torres would flop for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ba's signature...brilliant.

Lampard being let go...totally and utterly retarded.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ba's signature...brilliant.

Lampard being let go...totally and utterly retarded.

Preaching to the choir. :(

All were short now is for Cole to follow Lamps out the door, which looks more then likely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Preaching to the choir. :(

All were short now is for Cole to follow Lamps out the door, which looks more then likely too.

I thought cole was as good as gone in the summer. I would be more upset about cole, he is still a valuable member of the team where as lampard really offers very little except maybe leadership.

There's nothing confirmed about Cole yet but it does look likely.

The over 30 policy is good for some dead wood, Malouda, Ferriera, Yossi, Hilario, the likes, but people like Lamps, Drogba, Cole should have got a one year extension, now if the players turn them down thats another story, they know that the policy is in place so anyone offered a chance to stay and then turning it down can go with the grace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen this today for the first time , fans telling Harry Frank is no good and shouldnt be playing , Harry says different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Does anyone think that Benitez will start Ba ahead of Torres?

I cant see it, I think he'l be loyal to Torres, and its not like Ba is even his signing

Does anyone think that Benitez will start Ba ahead of Torres?

I cant see it, I think he'l be loyal to Torres, and its not like Ba is even his signing

Well benitez has said that torres needs a break so on that basis alone ba will surely be involved a lot in the next few games.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well benitez has said that torres needs a break so on that basis alone ba will surely be involved a lot in the next few games.

Well yeah, thats inevitable.

What I mean is if we got to the FA Cup final with a fully fit squad.... who starts?

• Advertisement

Yessssss, linked with Benat, now he would improve us, make it happen Chelsea!

Watched him a few times, been impressed everytime

As those of you who've been reading the comments section are aware that I am more than a little bit enamoured with a certain midfielder from La Liga. No, not anyone from those teams. I have a bit of a crush, as it turns out, on Real Betis midfielder Benat Etxebarria. Because he is awesome.
    That makes me rather gratified to see him talked about in connection to Chelsea, even if it's only the most tenuous of strands. ESPN's Dermott Corrigan (one of the good ones) has penned a piece regarding the 25-year-old, calling him a 'Manchester City and Chelsea target'. And confirming the presence of a relatively cheap buyout clause:
    Benat’s clause is €20 million and he will only leave for €20 million. To sell him for anything less would be a disaster. The club must defend its position and Benat knows that. To be able to go the market and find a replacement, the only number is €20 million. He has one more year left on his contract and he can fulfill that
    -Real Betis coach Pepe Mel.
    The best comp I can come up with for Benat is a hybrid between Moussa Dembele and Luka Modric. He's certainly not a midfield general, but he's a top passer, able to sit deep and hit through-balls for the strikers to chase. He's also capable of going forward to great effect and pulls his weight defensively with sensible positioning.
    He's also going to cost the same amount as Malaga's Isco, if he does leave, and since Isco's a more exciting attacking talent (which Chelsea don't really need because of the whole Juan Mata, Eden Hazard and Oscar business) that's going to draw some potential suitors away from the Betis man. Which is good for the Blues, since Benat would be a pretty clear starter in the pivot for us.
    For 20 million I'd do this deal very, very quickly. Benat's not Fellaini, but he's a superb player and able to both control the tempo of the game and provide us with additional weapons in the attack. With David Luiz, John Obi Mikel, Frank Lampard and Ramires as alternative options in the double pivot, we'd finally have the versatility to adapt to different circumstances.
    Want. Gimme.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/1/4/3835524/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-benat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I presume that if Chelsea get rid of Cole they'll just go and buy Baines?

Nice to be able to do that on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Sneijder. I want Sneijder.

Is tomorrows game v Southampton live on any TV channel, btw?

solarith wrote: »
    Sneijder. I want Sneijder.

I want his wages -200k a week apparently which is why chelsea say no!

Interesting take on Ba

LONDON (AP) — Chelsea's strategy in the January transfer window appears to be about reconciling the cost of chasing titles with exercising financial diligence.

About $8 million has already been raised this week by offloading Daniel Sturridge to Liverpool and signing Demba Ba from Newcastle.
    At the same time, Chelsea is showing there is little room for sentimentality by failing to yet offer Frank Lampard a new contract despite the fans' favorite still providing goals from midfield at 34.
    Captain John Terry even acknowledged on Friday that he would be "devastated" if Lampard left the European champions.
    But losing a player who earns a lot of money will help Chelsea comply with UEFA's new cost-control measures, especially as the club will potentially miss out on $30 million with its Champions League title defense having ended in the group stage.
    When their accounts were audited by UEFA last year, the Blues failed a trial run under the Financial Fair Play rules which require teams to cut heavy losses if they want to qualify for the Champions League and Europa League from 2014-15.
    "We did a dummy run, we produced our Financial Fair Play figures just to show them where we were," Chelsea finance director Chris Alexander said in a recent presentation to industry insiders heard by The Associated Press. "It's not a pretty picture."
    Clubs are required to break even on football-related expenditure, but Chelsea was 54 million pounds (about $88 million) from achieving that in the 2010-11 season.
    "We explained to UEFA that we are clearly taking the regulation very seriously," Alexander said.
    Indeed, for the first time since Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003, Chelsea recorded a profit in 2011-12. The profit of 1.4 million pounds (about $2.3 million) came after losing 67.7 million pounds (about $110 million) during the previous year.
    "That clearly puts us in a strong position for meeting the (FFP) criteria in the first two years," Alexander said, referring to allowable losses of up to €45 million ($59 million) up to 2013.
    Shedding strikers Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka from the wage bill last year will help, as would Lampard's expected departure at the end of the season.
    Abramovich is unlikely to repeat his splurge in the 2011 January transfer window in which Fernando Torres was bought from Liverpool for 50 million pounds (then $81 million).
    Torres, though, has only recently started delivering in front of goal for Chelsea, having rediscovered his scoring form since fellow Spaniard Rafa Benitez took charge of the team in November.
    Relieving the scoring burden on Torres — and adding to the competition for his starting spot — will be the job for Ba, who was signed for about 7 million pounds ($11 million) after a release clause was activated in his Newcastle contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Reading the above and a similar less detailed report from City last week it seems that UFFP might have some teeth after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Gbear wrote: »
    I presume that if Chelsea get rid of Cole they'll just go and buy Baines?

Nice to be able to do that on a whim.

I doubt it tbh, Bertrand and PVA as a backup is more likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Welcome Djemba I was told last night from an unnamed chatter

that our next striker signing is likely to be...........
    He has a Z and V in his full name, dunno much about him, any guesses? I know :D

smuckers wrote: »

:confused:

Why do I get the feeling its Javier Hernandez?

Were we not in for him in the summer....apparently?

Xavier Z from X men?
    Zavi! of course

• Advertisement

No, I don't know much bout this player

It is....................................

Lazar Markovic

Lazar Markovic

Aha, shed goss

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/the-100-for-2012/2012/11/26/lazar-markovic.html

but i dont think it was you chatting!

http://shed.chelseafc.com/chat/forum_chelsea.shtml

I'm The 10th House there

I'm The 10th House there

aha! so you are!

Lazar Markovic

Javier Hernandez so please. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

In the over all scheme of things though these two players should be looked after.
    Unfortunately we are part of a club that is presided over by a pretty ruthless owner. Ultimately though the fans will remember those who meant something to this club.
    MUSEIST wrote: »

I thought cole was as good as gone in the summer. I would be more upset about cole, he is still a valuable member of the team where as lampard really offers very little except maybe leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Anyone else a bit annoyed that we aren't on the tv today? We are the current FA Cup Champions, we've taken the competition very seriously for as long as I can remember, we are playing another Premier League side aeay in what should amount to a good game, it's ridiculous that we aren't on television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-683.jpg

:pac:

Anyone else a bit annoyed that we aren't on the tv today? We are the current FA Cup Champions, we've taken the competition very seriously for as long as I can remember, we are playing another Premier League side aeay in what should amount to a good game, it's ridiculous that we aren't on television.

Its very bad.

What have we won? Like 4 of the last 7 FA Cups?

And Brighton v Newcastle is shown ahead of us.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

In fairness when the draw was made both Liverpool and Arsenal were having a torrid time of it, so I'm sure the schedulers were hoping for at least one of them to be involved in a 'Cupset'

in waterford for the weekend , anybody know a pub that might be showing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

peteeeed wrote: »
    in waterford for the weekend , anybody know a pub that might be showing the game?

I'm permanently in Waterford, if anyone does know of a pub showing the match that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GavRedKing wrote: »
    There's nothing confirmed about Cole yet but it does look likely.

The over 30 policy is good for some dead wood, Malouda, Ferriera, Yossi, Hilario, the likes, but people like Lamps, Drogba, Cole should have got a one year extension, now if the players turn them down thats another story, they know that the policy is in place so anyone offered a chance to stay and then turning it down can go with the grace.

When is Benayoun's contract up? Any chance it's this summer? Wouldnt mind him back at Arsenal if the injury doesnt screw him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Ba will score today. Mark my words. ;)

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »

He absolutely will, no doubt at all:D

blue-army wrote: »
    Loving this BA BA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Phoenix wrote: »
    Torres already worried!

I'd say he's bleedin sick, how long did it take him to get his first for us?

Anyway always good to score a few so happy with the result, but I'm still raging over the ****e that turned up to play against QPR during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

article-2257615-16C3A022000005DC-67_634x425.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement