Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

He seems ahem 'excited' cough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Phoenix wrote: »
    Torres already worried!

Ba's brace has shown up Torres for the utter failure he has been. Torres was basically a crock when he was signed. How he got past Chelsea's medics is hard to credit.

The club hierarchy's persistence with him has seriously hindered the team's development. It's time for RA to bite the bullet on this one, move Torres on ASAP, and fire those responsible for the technical advice on Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Johner wrote: »
    article-2257615-16C3A022000005DC-67_634x425.jpg

"Hey Mata, come and high 5 my matching blue gloves!"

Mata

"Now I have someone to pass to"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What time and station will the highlights be on folks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

UTV tonite @ 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

As a Villa fan, I know it has nothing to do with me, but what was Frank doing demanding the penalty when Ba was on a hattick and I remember him doing something similar to Drogba a few years ago :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I tihnk it was his last goal for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

astonaidan wrote: »
    As a Villa fan, I know it has nothing to do with me, but what was Frank doing demanding the penalty when Ba was on a hattick and I remember him doing something similar to Drogba a few years ago :mad:

There's the small matter of Bobby Tambling's all time goal scoring record (202) which is Frank is chasing, and the whole thing about us letting his contract run out was probably on his mind as well.

The man has played 550+ games for this club, scored 193 goals and captained the side in a cl winning final. I don't care if some guy whose played less than one game for the club is passed over for a penalty.

btw Dider wanted to take that penalty because it was the last day of the season and he was going for the Golden Boot. We were 1-0/2-0 up at the time and had to win to guarantee the title. Drogba was widely criticized for being such a ****ing baby and putting himself before the team.

Hmney.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive no problem with Lampard taking the penalty.

He might not get many more chances to get towards 202 goals a.d for him to slot away his 193rd of his Chelsea career is unreal especially from CM too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Any idea what Frank is saying ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Leiva wrote: »

"I love you all?" I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

i'm off?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Most people saying he said "I love you" or something along those line. I've also seen "Have hope" mentioned a couple times. Both hurt.

Leiva wrote: »

Thank feck we have a proper striker at last?

Lamps leaving would hurt more then Drogba.

Its going to happen regardless, either this summer or hopefully next but its safe to say hes a legend at The Bridge.

So many memories, his double to win the league at Bolton, goal against Bayern Munich at The Bridge, theres so many you could go on all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lamps leaving would hurt more then Drogba.
    Yeah I agree, he has to leave sometime though. I can't see him being happy to be a bit-part-player like Scholes/Giggs at Man Utd.

Hopefully when he does go, it'll be on a high, lifting a trophy like Drogs.

Everything about Ba makes me realise just how much we have suffered by playing the biggest sulking Roman waste of money ever to wear the blue shirt.
    My god, I was nearly rubbing my eyes in disbelief, a striker who followed in, who made runs to create space for others?
    OK we arent going to play them every week and he will have his own bad games as well, but talk about a shot in the arm!

Now just need to shuffle mikel out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I've so much respect for Lampard, 193 goals? from CM??
    Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Everything about Ba makes me realise just how much we have suffered by playing the biggest sulking Roman waste of money ever to wear the blue shirt.
    My god, I was nearly rubbing my eyes in disbelief, a striker who followed in, who made runs to create space for others?
    OK we arent going to play them every week and he will have his own bad games as well, but talk about a shot in the arm!

Now just need to shuffle mikel out as well

It'd make you wonder where Chelsea could be on the league with a striker at the top of his game and just how many goals he'd have.

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I've so much respect for Lampard, 193 goals? from CM??
    Legend.

Daily Fail claims Chelsea have started contract talks

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea have made the first move towards awarding Frank Lampard a new contract that will keep him at Stamford Bridge #CFC (DailyMail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257760/Chelsea-make-Frank-Lampard.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Good news. It's the right thing to let him finish his career at the club, especially as he can still perform.

Daily Fail claims Chelsea have started contract talks

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea have made the first move towards awarding Frank Lampard a new contract that will keep him at Stamford Bridge #CFC (DailyMail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257760/Chelsea-make-Frank-Lampard.html

Hopefully he gets a one year extension, his experience is invaluable and another CM like him is impossible to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has he not turned down a one year deal though cause he wants a two year one? May be wrong but thats what I heard

The mirror has it as well, but apparently we are also signing Isco.
    Good player,, but we have many like him!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-ready-to-extend-frank-lampard-1521165

oh and Fellani in the summer

Isco isnt just good hes excellent but as ya said we have a good few trying to get into the team for that 3 behind a front man.

Hazard Nata and Moses have them 3 slots nailed down IMO at the moment. Moses has been a bery good addition and again for a cheap price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

kryogen wrote: »
    Has he not turned down a one year deal though cause he wants a two year one? May be wrong but thats what I heard

No deal has been offered and nor will be from what I am listening to and reading ,

Some sort of payback for the run in with AVB ,

On another note :

Current FA cup holders win 5-1 away from home and I am having to watch bloody Macclesfield V Cardiff as the first game on ITV :mad:

Followed by Luton v Wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Isco isnt just good hes excellent but as ya said we have a good few trying to get into the team for that 3 behind a front man.

Hazard Nata and Moses have them 3 slots nailed down IMO at the moment. Moses has been a bery good addition and again for a cheap price.

If Isco really is available for £15m he'd be an excellent signing. Top, top player and as good as Moses has been, Isco's in a complete other league.
    Couldn't possibly make a loss on him at that price, especially when you look at how similar players like Mata and Cazorla have adapted to the PL.

Ba's interview after the game was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Ba's interview after the game was brilliant
    link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

So what do we reckon lads, will Ba start against Swansea in mid-week?

I think its a must, the more game time the better for him, was very impressed with him yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Caveman1 wrote: »
    So what do we reckon lads, will Ba start against Swansea in mid-week?

I think its a must, the more game time the better for him, was very impressed with him yesterday.

It's a no brainer as far as I'm cencerned, Ba must start. However Rafa may be looking at some rotation:(

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It's a no brainer as far as I'm cencerned, Ba must start. However Rafa may be looking at some rotation:(

Well in fairness to Torres, he hasnt got much of a rest so far so maybe Rafa will leave him out till the Stoke game.

Although if Ba gets himself another goal against Swansea it will be hard for Torres to get back in ahead of him.

Anyone have a link to that interview?

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3032441/title/chelsea-tv-exclusive-ba's-first

(you have to have the free account)

Plus he tweeted this

Demba Badembabafoot
    Could hardly go any better. So happy to play in this club with world class players... Al hamdulilah :-)

Mata tweeted this

Juan Mata Garcíajuanmata10
    Great work team! One step closer to the #FACup!! Congratulations to @dembabafoot on his debut goal! #CFC @chelseafc pic.twitter.com/doipbXlk

Lads if we progress past Sparta Prague in the EL, the dates for the next fixtures are the 7th & 14th of March, but on the 9th & 16th we have Fulham (A) & West Ham (H).

Will the PL fixtures be moved around ? I'm going to head over for the West Ham game but I dont want to book any flights incase the games get moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Lads if we progress past Sparta Prague in the EL, the dates for the next fixtures are the 7th & 14th of March, but on the 9th & 16th we have Fulham (A) & West Ham (H).

Will the PL fixtures be moved around ? I'm going to head over for the West Ham game but I dont want to book any flights incase the games get moved.

Both will be played on the Sunday I'd imagine, so 10th and 17th.

Both will be played on the Sunday I'd imagine, so 10th and 17th.

Do you have any idea when that would be confirmed?

Im sure that more than likely it will be the case of moving them to the Sunday but I don't want to book flights and the game get moved to a different date.

Do you have any idea when that would be confirmed?

Im sure that more than likely it will be the case of moving them to the Sunday but I don't want to book flights and the game get moved to a different date.

Not too sure, someone else might be able to help....the fixtures for March onwards havn't been decided yet for anyone though so everything is a 3pm Sat kick off at the moment.

• Advertisement

Chelsea play Southend/Brentford away in the FA Cup.

Ha, theres some mad rumour about Mourinho bidding for Cech. Good price as well! 30 million!

Jose Mourinho is targeting a big transfer deal for Real Madrid as he attempts to lure Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech to the Bernabeu.

http://www.dexysden.... Football Blog)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mou wont even be there in the summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ha, theres some mad rumour about Mourinho bidding for Cech. Good price as well! 30 million!

Jose Mourinho is targeting a big transfer deal for Real Madrid as he attempts to lure Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech to the Bernabeu.

http://www.dexysden.... Football Blog)

I'd imagine this is all part of "Operation Get Myself Fired" that Mourinho is currently undertaking.

If it's a choice between Casillas and Mourinho Perez is always going to side with Casillas.

Isco anyone?

go one then ;)

We struggle when Mata doesnt play and maybe he could be as good as him

Will he arrive before or after Isco?

Chelsea have made an approach to Everton for Marouane Fellaini.
    The Daily Star Sunday says Chelsea have been told they will have to pay £30million to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton.
    A source close to the Merseyside club say they can afford to play hard-ball over the Belgium midfielder because he still has over three years left on his contract.
    Everton turned down £20m for Fellaini, 25, in the summer and, despite posting a £9m annual loss last week, are trying to hold on to their asset.
    Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich hopes boss Rafa Benitez can use fellow Belgian Eden Hazard to persuade Fellaini to join him.

Selling Cech for £30 Million would be perfect, bring Courtois straight into the team, although it wont happen, Mourhino will be long gone before Casillas at the Bernabeu.

As soon as their dumped out of the UCL he'll be turfed out, so unless Cech is joining in Janaury it aint ever gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Will he arrive before or after Isco?

Chelsea have made an approach to Everton for Marouane Fellaini.
    The Daily Star Sunday says Chelsea have been told they will have to pay £30million to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton.
    A source close to the Merseyside club say they can afford to play hard-ball over the Belgium midfielder because he still has over three years left on his contract.
    Everton turned down £20m for Fellaini, 25, in the summer and, despite posting a £9m annual loss last week, are trying to hold on to their asset.
    Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich hopes boss Rafa Benitez can use fellow Belgian Eden Hazard to persuade Fellaini to join him.

that credible newspaper

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement