Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Yep, hes gone for sure
    nothing about our club is ever for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    nothing about our club is ever for sure

Except changing managers every 12-18 months. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

That would represent stability given our frequency of changing them in recent times :)
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Except changing managers every 12-18 months. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ha, theres some mad rumour about Mourinho bidding for Cech. Good price as well! 30 million!

Jose Mourinho is targeting a big transfer deal for Real Madrid as he attempts to lure Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech to the Bernabeu.

http://www.dexysden.... Football Blog)

Would be fantastic business but will never happen.

As for Lamps seems to be the end right enough, shame in some ways but he is getting on so I guess was going to happen soon anyways. Is there any substance in the rumor that that those who did not support AVB are being held to account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Happy Birthday to Eden Hazard, turns 22 today.

Cant believe how good he already is at that age, shouldn't even be possible :)

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Eden Hazard, turns 22 today.

Cant believe how good he already is at that age, shouldn't even be possible :)

Messi :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Rumors are that chelsea are closing in on brazilian midfielder taison.

its on skysports and all over twitter.

what do people make of this? I know nothing about the player will have to check out the youtube vids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Rumors are that chelsea are closing in on brazilian midfielder taison.

its on skysports and all over twitter.

what do people make of this? I know nothing about the player will have to check out the youtube vids

It's not suprising, I read that deal was done as far back as 2 months ago. Would be another squad player for our 3 attacking midfielders. Imo we need 5 of those players. We have mata, hazard, moses, oscar and marin. So taison would be welcome especially since I don't rate marin tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It's not suprising, I read that deal was done as far back as 2 months ago. Would be another squad player for our 3 attacking midfielders. Imo we need 5 of those players. We have mata, hazard, moses, oscar and marin. So taison would be welcome especially since I don't rate marin tbh.

Benat is also a target apparently, now I do really rate him.
    I reserve judgement on Marin until he has played a bit more, but taison would be a squad player alright, dont see the attraction myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Taison shouldn't be a priority. Can't see Marin staying past Jan at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone watch Benat and Isco regularly though?what can they bring to our team?

benat is a deep lying playmaker with a hella of a pass on him, strong on the ball, turns defence into attack with one defence splitting ball

Isco i only know he is supposed to be very very good as good as Mata say.
    Not sure if he is right wing, am or cm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

benat is a deep lying playmaker with a hella of a pass on him, strong on the ball, turns defence into attack with one defence splitting ball

Isco i only know he is supposed to be very very good as good as Mata say.
    Not sure if he is right wing, am or cm!

Isco looks very good, just look at this.

That's where everyone else gets their knowledge of players, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRe1ZaMC7ID8kX6eUQQPG5mdMr7EJj5DnuMScn3cMW8vsN-z3V

Crazy transfer window rumours :
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-chelsea-tottenham-where-is-luka-modric-going-8441320.html

I think they're reading to much into it, if it does come to pass it could be another Levy master stroke, sell for £33 Million, buy for £20-25Million.

if anything he could come abck to someone in the EPL on loan with a view to a permanent move but I dont think it will happen.

Jose is getting alot of stick and Modric been a Jose signing, seems to be getting some flack too.

Lol, I actually bought him for my Chelsea team, and him and Marin are doing very well!

Torres got 41 goals for me in one season as a Poacher so Football Manager knows nothing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Torres got 41 goals for me in one season as a Poacher so Football Manager knows nothing. :p

Also Frank has just started against me for Chelsea... at the ripe age of 36 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think the managers do be pretty good, or at least entertaining. AVB walked out when offered the United job, Steve McClaren was his replacement and lasted about two years! Jose then came back but was sacked after six months. Cant remember who replaced him but Zola is the manager now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Would be fantastic business but will never happen.

As for Lamps seems to be the end right enough, shame in some ways but he is getting on so I guess was going to happen soon anyways. Is there any substance in the rumor that that those who did not support AVB are being held to account?

I think you are spot on with this, he was not impressed at all that he had to let AVB go.

As for the talk on Isco, I would prefer to try the boys who are to come back. Really looking forward to seeing de bryune play

I think you are spot on with this, he was not impressed at all that he had to let AVB go.

As for the talk on Isco, I would prefer to try the boys who are to come back. Really looking forward to seeing de bryune play

I doubt de bruyne will ever play for us, already making noises about wanting to stay at Bremen

Chelsea midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is open to the possibility of extending his loan spell at Werder Bremen beyond the end of the season.
    De Bruyne joined Chelsea from last January but remained at the Belgian club until the end of the season.
    He featured for the Blues during their pre-season tour of the USA, but was sent out on loan to Werder Bremen in August.
    The 21-year-old has been a key figure at the Bundesliga side this term, netting four times in 17 league starts, and he has hinted he could feature for Bremen again next season.
    "It is possible that I will stay," he is quoted as saying to Kicker

I doubt de bruyne will ever play for us, already making noises about wanting to stay at Bremen

Chelsea midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is open to the possibility of extending his loan spell at Werder Bremen beyond the end of the season.
    De Bruyne joined Chelsea from last January but remained at the Belgian club until the end of the season.
    He featured for the Blues during their pre-season tour of the USA, but was sent out on loan to Werder Bremen in August.
    The 21-year-old has been a key figure at the Bundesliga side this term, netting four times in 17 league starts, and he has hinted he could feature for Bremen again next season.

I dont know I hope he at least does a full preseason with us and let the manager of the time decide. Dont forget it is only a little while since he was supposed to be saying that he hated playing in the German league and could not leave quick enough.

He seems to be a very good player and is very young I really hope he gets a chance here.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think the managers do be pretty good, or at least entertaining. AVB walked out when offered the United job, Steve McClaren was his replacement and lasted about two years! Jose then came back but was sacked after six months. Cant remember who replaced him but Zola is the manager now :pac:

I'm in 2015 at the moment, Martin O'Neill is Man City Manager, Mancini is Juventus Manager, Wenger has still kept his job, Jose is at Bayern, Pep has taken Man Utd, Pelligrini is at Liverpool and Benitez is at Barca.

Crazy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Do we really need Taison?Should we not be more concerned with a central midfielder or centre back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Former Blue Miroslav Stoch has won the FIFA Puskas award (Goal of the Year) with this beauty.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Do we really need Taison?Should we not be more concerned with a central midfielder or centre back?

You would think wouldnt you!
    Anyway, apaprently we only have 48 hours to meet the £11 mill price tag or its goodbye!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Not the loudest noise I've heard :). Nah but reckon he would be better than Moses or marin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Not the loudest noise I've heard :). Nah but reckon he would be better than Moses or marin.

Jes really? I think Moses is class, proven Prem player. If KDB is better than him brilliant.

• Advertisement

(Another) season of transition

Chelsea have Taison Freda of Metalist Kharkiv in their sights but will have to increase their bid to £11m. Photograph: Lars Baron/Bongarts/Getty Images
    Rafael Benítez has conceded this is a season of transition at Chelsea and suggested it has been acknowledged as such by the club's notoriously demanding hierarchy, with the reshaping of the European champions' squad set to continue this week.
    Discussions are continuing with Metalist Kharkiv to secure the arrival of the Brazilian midfielder Taison Freda. The Ukrainian club are now exerting pressure on Chelsea to raise their bid for the 24-year-old to around £11m, which they would deem acceptable. Personal terms are already agreed with the former Internacional midfielder, who has been advised he will be able to secure a work permit to play in England despite being uncapped by his country.
    If a fee can be agreed, Taison would become Chelsea's second addition of the month after Demba Ba, with one more defensively minded midfielder – Paulinho at Corinthians remains a target – potentially to arrive before the end of the month. Yet while Champions League qualification will always be considered the bare minimum requirement at the club, Benítez says the continued tweaking and rejuvenation of the Stamford Bridge club's squad since the summer have left the team as something of a work in progress.
    "The team is a good team," said the interim first-team manager. "When you have a good squad, you can manage players and you can keep a good team on the pitch, as has been the case at Chelsea in the last few years. This year you can see is a year of transition, [with] some new players coming in, so it's different. Before at Chelsea you had a lot of big names – then you could manage a lot of different players. Still, you can see that the team are very strong."
    Asked if he had been forced to persuade the owner and board to adopt a sense of realism over the team's objectives, Benítez added: "I don't need to convince. You have experience, you can analyse the squad and you can see that new players have come in, while some players are getting older, so it's normal. We have enough intelligence to analyse this. It doesn't matter in terms of what we think or what we don't think – it's what we have. We have a good team, with young players, and they need some experience in the Premier League. They are carrying on and doing well and the players with more experience have to help them."
    Chelsea's defeat by Queens Park Rangers last week left them fourth and 14 points from Manchester United at the top and the team's best hopes of trophies realistically are the Europa League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup, in which they play Swansea City at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the first leg of their semi-final. Fernando Torres, who sat out Saturday's thrashing of Southampton at St Mary's, is expected to return for that tie though Victor Moses has now joined Mikel John Obi in departing for Nigeria's training camp in Portugal ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations.
    Yossi Benayoun has returned to the club from a loan spell at West Ham United that yielded only six appearances but the 32-year-old Israeli, who is currently struggling with a knee injury and has entered the final six months of his contract, will be available for transfer once he has returned to full fitness.
    "Benayoun is injured and he's working with the physios," added Benítez. "We will see what happens. He's not a Florent Malouda [who is not under consideration for the first team having been in dispute with the club since last summer] but the question is how many players we have in these positions, and we have six. So we have to manage the situation."

Apparently City might hijack our Taison deal, and its interesting that Rafa says we have 6 players who play in the same position as Yossi, but we are still are Taison???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/07/chelsea-taison-freda-transitional-season

At least it mentions a DM coming in.

justshane wrote: »
    Jes really? I think Moses is class, proven Prem player. If KDB is better than him brilliant.

Moses has taken the move to a bigger club and a so called step up in his stride.

I reckon he'll be a better player then Sturridge in the next 5 years, if he only declared for England they could have a very good player on their hands.

Not sure why that would be a surprise Lamps well capable of 30 games a season at least I would have thought. He is very competitive and one thing is certain any team Fergie manages will be in the mix for trophies every season.

Personally I would prefer to see him head off to LA where he can do us no harm but ManU or Arsenal would not surprise me in the least. He may not really fit Arsenals age profile but he will in the scheme of things be cheap and will be a cool experienced head in Arsenals midfield. As he is a London lad he may well be tempted f they make a move.

I just cant see Utd, definetly not Arsenal giving him big money.

If they do fairplay, the guy owes us nothing, in fact its the club in this instance that owe him and if he does leave to an English rival then you can be sure the majority of fans will be up in arms.

I just cant see Utd, definetly not Arsenal giving him big money.

If they do fairplay, the guy owes us nothing, in fact its the club in this instance that owe him and if he does leave to an English rival then you can be sure the majority of fans will be up in arms.

Ah would be an absolute sickener right enough to see him back at the Bridge scoring in someone elses colours.

I wonder how much he will be looking for though, anyway you look at it he is getting on the days of major mega contracts are certainly behind him. He has been very well paid throughout his Chelsea career I shouldn't wonder and there is supposed to be a loyalty bonus payable at the end of his contract. I seem to remember this is in the region of ST£1 or 1.5m. He seems very astute I would be very surprised if he has not invested his money very wisely.

If he is still interested in winning gongs he would no doubt still be on a good whack at ManU. I really dont want it to happen but I can actually see it happening, lets hope you are right Gav.

Funny thing is if (not so funny really I guess) as is rumoured he is being cast adrift because of the AVB affair then that is really pathetic from Chelsea's point of view. It seems to me that situation can only have been developed by the club and it is the club who did not stand by AVB. Of course now seeing AVB doing ok at Spurs will not be helping but Lampard did not sack any managers.

• Advertisement

Its hard to call, Lamps could easily decide he wants to play the last few years in America and pick up decent money and experience a different culture but then I dont think he'll want to be to far from his daughters either.

If it does come down to any run in with AVB then I assume half the squad will be out on their ear but as you mentioned it weasnt the players that sacked AVB and if some players had Roman's ear it says more about Roman listening to them then anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its hard to call, Lamps could easily decide he wants to play the last few years in America and pick up decent money and experience a different culture but then I dont think he'll want to be to far from his daughters either.

If it does come down to any run in with AVB then I assume half the squad will be out on their ear but as you mentioned it weasnt the players that sacked AVB and if some players had Roman's ear it says more about Roman listening to them then anything else.

I think it's more to do with the fact that lamps and AVB did not get on and while lamps remained proffesional through all of that his influence at the club and the fact that other players could see he was unhappy may have led to the entire squad becoming disillusioned with AVB. I think the club is sick of players with that much power and influence and they don't want that sort around anymore.

It's dissapointing because I would like lamps to stay just one more year but tbf the club owes him nothing considering the wages he has picked up here over the last few years and I don't want the club offering contracts to players just for old times sake. If he is not in the clubs future plans then there is no point in offering him a new contract, as sad as that is:(

We give them Lamps, they give us RVP :D

I wonder if we have a plan B for next season

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-ready-to-throw-in-the-towel-in-fight-for-guardiola-8442349.html

Hopefully Jose might come back to joust with Pepe again.

Wouldn't mind signing a central midfielder after we get Taison and leave it that.Getting worried that we're growing increasingly short in that department.

• Advertisement

ashton saying taison back in brazil and the deal in jeopardy.

http://www.dailymail...am-Chelsea.html

I wonder if we have a plan B for next season

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-ready-to-throw-in-the-towel-in-fight-for-guardiola-8442349.html

Hopefully Jose might come back to joust with Pepe again.

We dont need a plan B if Pep doesnt sign, we've Rafa.

Give him the backing that people want to give Pep/Jose and let him mould and build a team in his vision and watch how we get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Give him the backing that people want to give Pep/Jose and let him mould and build a team in his vision and watch how we get on.

You have to be joking GAV!!!

Rafa is rubish, he should be gone as soon as possible. We lost way too many games we should have won under Rafa and as for his tactical knowlage he has yet to prove any thing to me. We should have beat QPR and we would still be in the running for the PL but now we are truely gone out of the title race.

If we gave him money and time to build a team id puke, the players and money he went trough at Liverpool was a joke bar mabe 2 or 3 signings. No Way i want him in charge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I'll be very concerned for CFC if we don't land either Guardiola or Mourinho. If we're left with Benitez, it's going to be an action replay of recent years.

No, I think we need an entirely new approach, with Guardiola in charge for at least five years.

That's an over reaction ha. :D

Pep could be tempted, has his pick of jobs so would have to be offered huge money.

Jose, would he work with Roman again, remains to be seen.

Carlo, wont leave PSG and work with Roman.

Hiddink wont leave Anzi and comeback.

Lowe wont leave Germany before the next WC.

Heynckes is too old and shouldnt be approached.

We've sacked 2 of those candidates and 1 was interim awho refused to come back.

Who after all them is left to approach? Does it even matter really when Roman has advisors and controls in place that practically any manager will be undermined at some stage with a potential signing or some sort.

what a day wrote: »
    You have to be joking GAV!!!

Rafa is rubish, he should be gone as soon as possible. We lost way too many games we should have won under Rafa and as for his tactical knowlage he has yet to prove any thing to me. We should have beat QPR and we would still be in the running for the PL but now we are truely gone out of the title race.

If we gave him money and time to build a team id puke, the players and money he went trough at Liverpool was a joke bar mabe 2 or 3 signings. No Way i want him in charge!

Hear hear absolutely agree.

Our interim has shown no NO tactical ability in his time mismanaging our club. I absolutely fail to see where this reputation comes from we have scored in one league match out of four since he took over and that includes failing to score against Fulham and QPR.

The world club cup was a complete shambles and he should have been sacked directly after the final.

The one good result we have had in beating Everton away was lets face it very very lucky, now I have no problem with a bit of luck God knows RDM used a fair bit in the semi last season but lets be realistic here.

Chelsea have become a management joke which has got worse since we sacked Carlo giving this guy a contract will just show us to be complete and utter idiots. I would like to know what exactly he has done in the past few years or indeed whilst he has been at the Bridge to show that he is deserving of managing one of the top sides in Europe.

Have to agree that If Rafa becomes the permanent manager we're in big trouble,joke of a manager as grumpymunster said I don't know where he gets his reputation from!

The amount of money he squandered at Liverpool was amazing,tactical genius my arse,where was it at home to the bottom side in the premier league.And yes we were very lucky to win away to Everton which is papering over the cracks.

His squad rotation policy is stupid and will just lead to inconsistency which we're seeing already,I'll bare with him till the end of the season but that's it.Rafa Just doesn't fit Chelsea.

Its easy say to say get rid of Benitez but as I said, name a candidate who'll come in?

Jose knows what its like to work under Roman, who's to say he'll come back?

Pep might fancy a crack off it although I cant see it really so we go back to Jose, which is fine by me but its down to Jose, if he does come back it will be on his terms.

Steve Staunton is looking for job according to Newstalk this morning, would certainly be better than our interim :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Grumpy you left out our defeat to west ham too : - (

We cant get rid of him now sure we were stupid enough to hire him in the first place, leave him there till the summer and see if we can make a top four finish. We should have won the club world cup IMO and we should have beaten Fulham, West ham and QPR. We were dire against Everton and were extreamly luck to win it. Wonder how DiMatteo would have got on as manager if he had Ba as a striker instead of Torres.

There are plenty of good coaches out there but i think its time Roman got some one in and basically gave him the club for four years and all the money we can give him. An attacking coach that has his ways established, a coach that can speak English and good man managment. When you put all that together i dont think its a realistic list with Roman in charge but thats what i want.

We have some of the finist players on the planet, i dont care what any one says. If we had a good coach we could be up there with Utd and City even without buying any more players. Yes we can always do with better players coming in but we should be doing better with what we have at the moment.

If we dont get Guardiola i think he will go to Man City and if he does that will leave Mourinho open to offers in the summer. No Mourniho can either go to PSG or back to us cause Fergie wont retire any time soon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement