Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TheStook wrote: »
    And this comment is hilariously ironic..We are indeed in the Carling Cup, playing Swansea tomorrow in it actually.

It's called the Capital One cup now so I assume that's what his reply was in reference too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Put the handbags away lads...

Apparently Terry might be back for Stoke, I'm not sure we've actually missed him that much as a defender really (maybe as a captain though).

Not sure I would want to pop him back in against Stoke, he would be perfect for this game if he had a few matches under his belt but wold be concerned otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Terry might get a run out for the U21s on Thursday against Fulham, even if he does I can't see him being involved against Stoke, too risky as its going to be a very psychical game.

I'd rather see him brought back next Wednesday against Southampton. That should be a much easier game.

There are no easy games in the PL as Chels have found out this season

And this comment is hilariously ironic..We are indeed in the Carling Cup, playing Swansea tomorrow in it actually.
    It's called the Capital One cup now so I assume that's what his reply was in reference too.

Now that's ironic

Are older players eligible for the u21's? Or is it just a case where players returning from injury are aloud to get a bit of a run-out?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/03/premier-league-under-21-competition

Outline of u-21 set up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Stoke v Chelsea live on setanta this weekend lads

But first - Swansea! Hopefully we put out a good team and get a good win

I think we have to field a decent team at least. We started the season chasing 6 pots realistically we have 2 left to go for (difficult to say how Thursday league will be approached) and after tonight's result at Bradford the winner should come from this tie (not sure Villa will pull back 2 goals they are in very poor form at present).

I wonder if Ba and Nando will get time on the pitch together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think we have to field a decent team at least. We started the season chasing 6 pots realistically we have 2 left to go for (difficult to say how Thursday league will be approached) and after tonight's result at Bradford the winner should come from this tie (not sure Villa will pull back 2 goals they are in very poor form at present).

I wonder if Ba and Nando will get time on the pitch together?

rafa says yes, but then that doesnt make any sense if the idea was to rest Torres! Plus unless we go 4-4-2 or something one will have to play as a winger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

smuckers wrote: »
    There are no easy games in the PL as Chels have found out this season

I never said it was an easy game, I said "easier".

There's nobody that would argue that playing at home to Southampton is easier than playing away to stoke ?

Todd Kane has joined Blackburn on a months loan, hopefully he gets more games than he did at Preston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Personally, I think Pep would have to be insane to consider going to Chelsea. No matter what Roman's alleged to have said about creating a long-term vision of Barcelona In Blue at the club, chances are if he doesn't win everything in style and quick, he's out the door like the rest of the bums in under 18 months. Remember AVB and his '3 year project'?

Why put up with all that when you can go - and here are just two possible examples out of many - to either of the Manchester clubs when (a) they will give you the time, (b) they will give you the money and (c) they'll leave buying players, team selection etc up to the manager alone.

Why take the well-documented grief Chelsea managers have suffered when your options are so much more promising elsewhere? I think Abramovich himself has almost created a template for Chelsea managers. You come in - knowing your time is limited - use the club as a shop window for a more stable gig elsewhere and sod Total Football or tiki-taka or whatever else. Whether that means heroic defending á la RDM or all-out attacking á la Ancelotti, you do what you have to do to burnish your credentials and add to your CV. Pick up the FO cheque and go somewhere else.

So no, I don't see Pep rolling up at the Bridge. The question then becomes, if not him, then who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I was thinking more this guy.
    putin_gun_1512248c.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I assume you are being serious here. This discussion was quite civilised and indeed interesting until post 9519 at which point it descended. Chucky I assume quite likes our interim manager and does not seem to be a Chelsea supporter yet you as a moderator allows him to continue unabated, the only reason I can see is because you also quite like our interim manager and you were pleased to see someone take up the attack on his behalf.

The only person in any way uncivil may have been Chucky but to be honest thought it was mild enough but that is only my opinion. This is also supposed to be a Chelsea forum if a non Chelsea supporter comes in and starts referring to our club as you lot and being derogatory I would expect a moderator to do something about it. Can I ask why?

Firstly, you don't have to be a Chelsea supporter to contribute to this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72840783&postcount=1

Secondly, don't debate a moderator's decision on thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I assume you are being serious here. This discussion was quite civilised and indeed interesting until post 9519 at which point it descended. Chucky I assume quite likes our interim manager and does not seem to be a Chelsea supporter yet you as a moderator allows him to continue unabated, the only reason I can see is because you also quite like our interim manager and you were pleased to see someone take up the attack on his behalf.

The only person in any way uncivil may have been Chucky but to be honest thought it was mild enough but that is only my opinion. This is also supposed to be a Chelsea forum if a non Chelsea supporter comes in and starts referring to our club as you lot and being derogatory I would expect a moderator to do something about it. Can I ask why?

Non mod comment - I dont mind if Chucky likes or dislikes Rafa its his choice. Anyone can post on any other thread within reason and it was getting heated for no reason and the toys were flying out of the pram, back to Rafa my reason for liking with and siding with Rafa is hes currently thr best man for the job. Beggars cant be choosers in this case and there was know one we could have got better wualified on short notice to replace RDM.....but saying that and i have, RDM shouldnt have gotten the sack in the first place.

Even if Rafa won everything he could people wouldnt be on his side and thats their choice which i have no problem with at all. Im not a Rafa fan boy but unless someone better comes into replace him hes the best man for the job.

Mod comment - dfx has already told ya really, a quick PM to me instesd of an on thread comment would have been better. :p

This will be my last post as I will then be closing my account.

I contribute to many discussion forums where debate and discussion is encouraged. Here obviously you have to agree with a moderators views to contribute. It would help if the moderators would actually read what has been posted but sadly this is not the case - if dfx- bothered reading my post he would have seen that I at no stage did I suggest that this was exclusively a Chelsea supporters forum. What i did say was if non Chelsea supporters came onto the forum to basically dish Chelsea supporters then the moderator should do his job.

As for not discussing mod decisions give it up are you guys so dysfunctional that you think all of your decisions are correct, even the Supreme Court has allowance for incorrect decisions. If a moderator comments on someone in public then they should expect that decision to be questioned in public.

Now as you seem to want only sheep on this forum I will bid you all good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

all chelsea fans together , we can get along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Personally, I think Pep would have to be insane to consider going to Chelsea. No matter what Roman's alleged to have said about creating a long-term vision of Barcelona In Blue at the club, chances are if he doesn't win everything in style and quick, he's out the door like the rest of the bums in under 18 months. Remember AVB and his '3 year project'?

Why put up with all that when you can go - and here are just two possible examples out of many - to either of the Manchester clubs when (a) they will give you the time, (b) they will give you the money and (c) they'll leave buying players, team selection etc up to the manager alone.

Why take the well-documented grief Chelsea managers have suffered when your options are so much more promising elsewhere? I think Abramovich himself has almost created a template for Chelsea managers. You come in - knowing your time is limited - use the club as a shop window for a more stable gig elsewhere and sod Total Football or tiki-taka or whatever else. Whether that means heroic defending á la RDM or all-out attacking á la Ancelotti, you do what you have to do to burnish your credentials and add to your CV. Pick up the FO cheque and go somewhere else.

So no, I don't see Pep rolling up at the Bridge. The question then becomes, if not him, then who?

The main difference between Pep Guardiola and AVB in relation to Abramovich is that Pep has long been Roman's number one choice to manage Chelsea, his dream manager. AVB was fourth choice when he was appointed.

This will be my last post as I will then be closing my account.

Thats your choice to make if you so wish.
    I contribute to many discussion forums where debate and discussion is encouraged. Here obviously you have to agree with a moderators views to contribute.

Not at all, all Mod here were like you, a poster before they became Mods and have had run ins with other mods and users, it happens on a forum when people have different opinions, no Mod I have come across tries to stiffle discussion, without we'd be a fiarly shíte forum, what we do try to do is Moderator that stops people picking up cards & bans, if that means telling people cop on instead of handing out cards & bans then thats what usually happens.
    It would help if the moderators would actually read what has been posted but sadly this is not the case - if dfx- bothered reading my post he would have seen that I at no stage did I suggest that this was exclusively a Chelsea supporters forum. What i did say was if non Chelsea supporters came onto the forum to basically dish Chelsea supporters then the moderator should do his job.
    Its all about tone and context, without answering for dfx I can see where hes coming from, your post came across as trying to discourage another user from posting here because he has adiffeent opinion then the majority in this thread, which is fine if the non-supporting user is making reasonable points and discussion.
    As for not discussing mod decisions give it up are you guys so dysfunctional that you think all of your decisions are correct, even the Supreme Court has allowance for incorrect decisions. If a moderator comments on someone in public then they should expect that decision to be questioned in public.
    Nope, none of us think we have any sort of exemption or power over anyone here but the charter is in place and is expected to be adhered to by all posting here. If you have a problem with a Mod then report their post or take it up with the Mod by dropping them a PM, if that fails try and communicate with a CMod, we're not Nazi's who are trying to rule with an iron fist.
    Now as you seem to want only sheep on this forum I will bid you all good day

I dont think a forum full of sheep would be any good, I'm not sure they can use the Internet first off, anyway if you do close your account I bid you a fairwell.

• Advertisement

The main difference between Pep Guardiola and AVB in relation to Abramovich is that Pep has long been Roman's number one choice to manage Chelsea, his dream manager. AVB was fourth choice when he was appointed.

100% , i think the deal is done , from pep's point of view, the manchester bucaneers job wont be available until fergie retires when he's 90 , robbie di matteo got the job because he won the champions league which i think the ron gourlays and bruce bucks were forced into giving him the full time job but they were always going to sack him the first chance they got . pep wanted his year off and has now announced he coming back for next season . roman has been courting him for years, he will sign a massive contract with chelsea (or man city ) and even if is sacked after one season he would get paid the full contract as is the way these days

Anyway, back to business, what do we think tonight?

Hope to win by a few with a less then full strength squad and then focus on Stoke?

Rafa on the " legends "

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/chelsea-legends-ushered-to-exit-3347174.html
    "It's easy to talk about the legends, and you have to have a lot of respect for them," Benitez said.
    "What they've achieved for this club has been fantastic. But you have to have new players, English or foreign, it doesn't matter, and carry on winning games.
    "That's what the fans are expecting. Everyone knows the legends have been here and what they have achieved, but you have to see new players coming. It's part of life."

according to french paper l'equipe today chelsea have met the €27m release clause of Fellaini & have offered a 5 year contract worth €5m per year

peteeeed wrote: »
    according to french paper l'equipe today chelsea have met the €27m release clause of Fellaini & have offered a 5 year contract worth €5m per year

I'd say the €5 a year is way off, thats about £4.1 Million a year which works out to be just over 78K a week, by all accounts hes meant to be on 70K at Everton at the moment so its a tiny jump, unless he and Everton think its better he goes.

Yep and they are pretty reliable, just about to post it!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Fellaini-vers-chelsea/341014
    not sure if its 80k a week net?

The Fellaini news in L'Equipe (in French)

Fellaini daccord avec Chelsea

Marouane Fellaini (25 ans, notre photo) devrait sengager avec Chelsea dans la semaine. Le week-end dernier, Londres, une rencontre entre un agent mandaté par les Blues et lentourage du milieu dEverton (sous contrat jusquen 2016) a débouché sur un accord entre les deux parties. Chelsea devra maintenant sacquitter de la clause libératoire de linternational belge, qui sélve 27 M€. Fellaini devrait, lui, percevoir un salaire annuel net de 5 M€ et sengager pour cinq ans. B. Gh.

• Advertisement

80K net? Whats Britain's tax rate for footballers? 50%?

160K gross? Thats right up there with Torres, JT, Hazard :eek:

Yep and they are pretty reliable, just about to post it!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Fellaini-vers-chelsea/341014
    not sure if its 80k a week net?

The Fellaini news in L'Equipe (in French)

Fellaini daccord avec Chelsea

Marouane Fellaini (25 ans, notre photo) devrait sengager avec Chelsea dans la semaine. Le week-end dernier, Londres, une rencontre entre un agent mandaté par les Blues et lentourage du milieu dEverton (sous contrat jusquen 2016) a débouché sur un accord entre les deux parties. Chelsea devra maintenant sacquitter de la clause libératoire de linternational belge, qui sélve 27 M€. Fellaini devrait, lui, percevoir un salaire annuel net de 5 M€ et sengager pour cinq ans. B. Gh.

translated
    Marouane Fellaini (25, pictured) was in talks with Chelsea this week. last weekend in London, a meeting between an agent retained by the Blues and the players entourage, has resulted in an agreement between the two parties. Chelsea will now trigger the release clause of the Belgian international of € 27 million. Fellaini should, he collected an annual net salary of € 5 million and a contract for five years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Would fellaini be any good in the DM role because everytime he plays well for everton he is playing furthur forward (just behind the striker). I'm not convinced he is the way we should go tbh.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Would fellaini be any good in the DM role because everytime he plays well for everton he is playing furthur forward (just behind the striker). I'm not convinced he is the way we should go tbh.

could be some wonderful wig sales with him and luiz side by side , seriously i think he is a good box to box player , big threat from set pieces

There is also some concern about his discipline, flying elbows, head butts etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

could be some wonderful wig sales with him and luiz side by side , seriously i think he is a good box to box player , big threat from set pieces

Maybe stick in a bid for Collocini as well? Would leave us with plenty of options for Halloween!

b2e8ad4a-8db8-49cd-9a67-c8187e32cf05_a849fe9d-e728-4c77-b1c5-7feb336cddd1.jpg

There is also some concern about his discipline, flying elbows, head butts etc

Sign him up before the Stoke game so he can give them another battering. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Fellaini is a quality player and plays brilliant in any position he plays in. Its true that this year he has played further forward which will always highlight his ability at he has more access to shoot and score goals but since Everton signed him he has been phenomenal even in a deeper role.

Himself and Luiz in a defensive mid field would be awsome! Iv called for it since last season and my next call will to move Ramires to a RB. Plus we need another striker/winger that can play on the right flank but is left footed. I dont know any thing about this Taison chap but i hope he fits the bill!

BTW Grumpy come back, you are one of the very few who post here that seem to have your own mind and not repeat what the journos say!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

what a day wrote: »
    Fellaini is a quality player and plays brilliant in any position he plays in. Its true that this year he has played further forward which will always highlight his ability at he has more access to shoot and score goals but since Everton signed him he has been phenomenal even in a deeper role.

Himself and Luiz in a defensive mid field would be awsome! Iv called for it since last season and my next call will to move Ramires to a RB. Plus we need another striker/winger that can play on the right flank but is left footed. I dont know any thing about this Taison chap but i hope he fits the bill!

BTW Grumpy come back, you are one of the very few who post here that seem to have your own mind and not repeat what the journos say!!!

I agree with all of that but ramires to RB, really:confused:

Taison would give us another option in the wide areas or through the middle. I really think we could do with another squad player for those positions.

Ya, why Ramires to RB?

Granted he was stuck in there against Barca for 60mins but other then that I cant see him lining up there in the near future.

The reason why i suggest Rami to play at RB is because of his energy, speed and ability to run with the ball and also take on a man. Bundles of energy to get up and down the flank all day long while he is also very good a man marking a player and defending once he stays on his feet. Azpilicueta is a decent player and is only young but i would like Rami to be given a go there to compete with Azpilicueta. I also think Ivans best position is RB as he is not so good at marking strikers and is often found mouth open watching his marker attacking balls at our goal. Of course i would still use Ramires further forward on occasion but primarily id play at RB.

We lost out on Hulk as our inverted winger and i take my hat off to the club for not been held to ransom. But we do need another play of his elk to bolster our attack on the right flank. Moses is quality but i think he is way better playing on the left side or through the center. I saw himself overload the left flank with Hazard behind him and Cole overlapping and it was devistating to try and defend against those three. Now we have to match that on our right flank.

Mata is quality on the right flank but the man is a wizard in midfield, very intelligent footballer and has the ability to match his brain. So for that reason he has to stay in midfield and play in behind our strikers. As i said if we could get on left footed forward that can play on the right just in front of Mata and wide of Ba we will be excellent in attack.
    With Azpilicueta/Ramires bombing up the flank mirroring Cole Hazard and Moses on the left we could have an awsome attack.

If we also signed Fellaini and moved Luiz to midfield it would improve us both defensively and attacking as both have better ball distributing than Mikel and are more outgoing attackwise. But moving Luiz would mean we would have to draft in our best youth defender to cover as Terry Cahill and Ivan will not be enough but having said that we may be ok and wont need to sign another defender.

for me rameries should play up through the middle as his driving runs are best used there, fellini and luiz and rameries would add some competition plus they can play multiple roles as fellini could play behind the main striker too . cant see taison and fellini both coming though

I'm probably over analysing things but would Everton have played Fellani in the FA Cup against a nothing team if they were trying to sell him?

Everton will obviously want as much as possibly for him so for him to be cup tied especially on the FA Cup which is in an important competition, should drop his value somewhat?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I'm probably over analysing things but would Everton have played Fellani in the FA Cup against a nothing team if they were trying to sell him?

Everton will obviously want as much as possibly for him so for him to be cup tied especially on the FA Cup which is in an important competition, should drop his value somewhat?

i think everton want to keep him, its just he has a release clause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

i think everton want to keep him, its just he has a release clause

True, but in the article it says they met last weekend, so obviously Everton would have known that and kept him out of the squad ?

Probably not now that was just my thinking on it.

I dont think Everton do want to sell, sure why would any team want to loose out on such a great talent. But if he has a release clause Everton will have to let him leave if we can match the release clause and Fellaini wants to join us.

I heard Man City have now highjacked our bid on Taison, not sure if its a good thing or not because iv never seen the chap play before but as i said we need another left footed striker that can play on the right.........is that chap Sturridge for sale??

Chelsea finances in at Companies House at the moment for 2011/12

Chelsea PLC recording profit of £28.8m on player trading.

Playing staff, as of 30 June 2012, valued at £278.5m (2011: £256.8m).

Charitable donations of £613,297 in 2012.

more here https://twitter.com/andersred

I dont think Everton do want to sell, sure why would any team want to loose out on such a great talent. But if he has a release clause Everton will have to let him leave if we can match the release clause and Fellaini wants to join us.

I heard Man City have now highjacked our bid on Taison, not sure if its a good thing or not because iv never seen the chap play before but as i said we need another left footed striker that can play on the right.........is that chap Sturridge for sale??

actually could be happening!

@PeteSmithBBC: Not long till Chelsea complete the signing of Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini for £22 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

actually could be happening!

@PeteSmithBBC: Not long till Chelsea complete the signing of Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini for £22 million!

Wow,presume he'd be a credible source?

What a signing if we can pull this one off!

I'm liking this way off getting deals done early in January, none of this waiting until the last 48hours of the window.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm liking this way off getting deals done early in January, none of this waiting until the last 48hours of the window.

Your right there Gav, lets hope we make the signing first before i get my hopes up. We still need another attacking player too though!

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Wow,presume he'd be a credible source?

What a signing if we can pull this one off!

aha, now looks like a false account , sorry folks :(
    but still think this could be true

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/12/14/3762770/marouane-fellaini-tactical-analysis-chelsea

While my mind is running away on me, i wonder is the board getting rid of the high profile players to make Pep Guardiolas job easier when he takes charge? : - )

Just fuel for taught.

Remember the big egos he had to cut when he took over at Barca, Ronaldinho Zambrotta, Deco, Eto Etc

• Advertisement

Your right there Gav, lets hope we make the signing first before i get my hopes up. We still need another attacking player too though!

I just seen Sgt's post saying its afake account but there could be some truth in it, would love to see it happen.
    While my mind is running away on me, i wonder is the board getting rid of the high profile players to make Pep Guardiolas job easier when he takes charge? : - )

Just fuel for taught.

Remember the big egos he had to cut when he took over at Barca, Ronaldinho Zambrotta, Deco, Eto Etc

As you mentioned, he cut out some of the Barca players as he knew the guys coming through, the younger guys were good enough, I'd say he'd have no problem doing the same with us but if the higher ups are doing it for him to save him the headache then so be it.

Also, losing Lamps wont be so bad if we give some of his wages to Fellaini. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement