Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Sad to see a legend like Lamps going but if we can replace him with a top young player then so be it. Iv been very impressed with our latest signings and they are all young which is the right way to go. Cole however i would love him to sign up with us for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The sad simple fact is that Lamps is getting paid the wages of at least 2 first team players, whilst he is now sadly just a squad player.

The thing that Chelsea need to recognise though is that JT and Lamps are winners and Mourinho instilled belief for them to go and become league champs etc.
    All players want to win, but surely it would benefit Chelsea having a few players around with that mentality.
    Thats what we would lose if\when Lamps and JT leave, and I cant see who would replace them in that respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The sad simple fact is that Lamps is getting paid the wages of at least 2 first team players, whilst he is now sadly just a squad player.

The thing that Chelsea need to recognise though is that JT and Lamps are winners and Mourinho instilled belief for them to go and become league champs etc.
    All players want to win, but surely it would benefit Chelsea having a few players around with that mentality.
    Thats what we would lose if\when Lamps and JT leave, and I cant see who would replace them in that respect

I think thats why Cech and JT will be around for a bit longer, I agree with what a day, Cole should be kept for another 2 years easily.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea finances in at Companies House at the moment for 2011/12

Chelsea PLC recording profit of £28.8m on player trading.

Playing staff, as of 30 June 2012, valued at £278.5m (2011: £256.8m).

Charitable donations of £613,297 in 2012.

more here https://twitter.com/andersred

in full here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo274nkr9xfrnkg/Chelsea%20FC%20plc%2012.pdf

Not looking great - back to a loss then!

If it wasnt for the £4.7m 'writeback of previous provision for sacking managers' and the £18.4m "profit" on the cancellation of preference shares in CTV owned by BSkyB we would have made a pre-tax loss of around £20m during 2011/12.
    Loss of CL cash is gonna hurt us- probably the biggest reason we are moving Lamps and others on

By us cutting some big earners at the club we should be saving a massive amount of cash.
    Dont forget since we lost Drogba Anelka Bosingwa Kalou we have replaced those wages with Mata Hazard Azpilicueta Oscar Moses and Ba. Now look at the players we could move on and the wages they are on, bear in mind im only guessing their wages!

Lampard 130k Per week
    Malouda 80k Per week
    Essien 80k per week
    Yossi 70k per week
    Ferraira 60k per week
    Hilario 30k per week

Thats give or take 600k per week
    Thats around 31 million a year in wages!!

A lot of money and im sure if we signed the likes of Fellaini and one more striker that would break us even at worst even taking into accound the transfer fee over the signed contract.
    Plus im sure there is one or two more youth players that may be sold on to top up our income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

West Brom have confirmed that Lukaku will remain with them for the rest of the season.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    West Brom have confirmed that Lukaku will remain with them for the rest of the season.

Good news for his development and in the long term, us.

No point bringing him back to play 3rd fiddle behind Ba/Torres.

He should be well up to speed next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good news for his development and in the long term, us.

No point bringing him back to play 3rd fiddle behind Ba/Torres.

He should be well up to speed next year.

Lukaku and Ba next season sounds pretty good, two beasts up front and (hopefully) both hungry to score and prove themselves...

Lukaku and Ba next season sounds pretty good, two beasts up front and (hopefully) both hungry to score and prove themselves...

If we get a big name striker in then theres no harm in loaning Lukaku out to another EPL club.

Also, I think its time Courtois came back, give him a season in the EPL on loan and see how he does, i know its been mentioned a few times but it gets us a chance to see how he'd perform in the EPL, i think he'd be an excellent keeper for a team for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

If we get a big name striker in then theres no harm in loaning Lukaku out to another EPL club.

Also, I think its time Courtois came back, give him a season in the EPL on loan and see how he does, i know its been mentioned a few times but it gets us a chance to see how he'd perform in the EPL, i think he'd be an excellent keeper for a team for the season.

Yeah I'd love to see Courtois go on loan to a newly promoted team next year, toughen him up and give him experience with a poor defense in front of him.

I'm not sure Lukaku would go on loan again though...

• Advertisement

Our FA tie against Brentford or Stevenage is going to be on the telly 12 oclock Sunday Jan 27th ESPN I think

Our FA tie against Brentford or Stevenage is going to be on the telly 12 oclock Sunday Jan 27th ESPN I think

Missed the draw, are we home or away?

Yeah I'd love to see Courtois go on loan to a newly promoted team next year, toughen him up and give him experience with a poor defense in front of him.

I'm not sure Lukaku would go on loan again though...

Courtois to Millwall so. :pac:

Missed the draw, are we home or away?

Just checked myself an away trip is always going to be tricky, especially to such an unknown opposition.

You'd expect it to be comfortable but you can never take anything for granted in Cup matches.

Just checked myself an away trip is always going to be tricky, especially to such an unknown opposition.

You'd expect it to be comfortable but you can never take anything for granted in Cup matches.

Quoting yourself? ban please :D

Quoting yourself? ban please :D

Meant to hit edit half way through typing I realised my mistake and just carried on.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

That should be Brentford or Southend.

This is a very important as the fish n chips in Southend On Sea are delicious!

Regarding Couriois i would like him to get a loan spell in the PL next season but if not we need to bring him back here and rotate him with Cech. Play Courtios in the Cup games and Cech in the PL and CL games.

As for Lukaku he defo needs to get another loan spell if we sign another striker in the summer. He is still a bit raw for me TBH and at the moment i would not rate him any better than what Torres offers us so leave him on loan and let him grow with first team expeirence with WBA or some other team that will start him. And BTW if he does not want to go on loan thats tuff Tittie, he does what he is been paid to do or he can go some were else. If like he says he is a Chelsea fan he will listen to the advice from his piers and do what he is told.

We will have to address the situation with DeBruyne,McEachran,Bruma and PVA IMO.
    They are all good enough to get game time but with the players in front of them maybe only PVA can play second fiddle to Bertrand if Cole leaves.

If we sign fellaini and move Luiz to midfield then Bruma can come in and take Luiz spot in defence. De Bruyne will probably be the hardest one to make a call on, he looks quality and could come in handy next season then loan Piazon out and draft DeBruyne in. Josh can go on another loan but maybe a PL team next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Are we on the box tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

weiland79 wrote: »
    Are we on the box tonight?

sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Team turnball, azpilicueta, Cahill. , ivanovic, cole, luiz, ramires, hazard, mata, Oscar, Torres

Phoenix wrote: »

Oops apologies just saw that now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Phoenix wrote: »
    Why did I even bother watch that ****e............
    And that was a "strong" team

Was delighted with Ba :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Very uncharacteristic from Ivan, Torres should never play again, shocking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Been very patient with them but can't take it anymore, Rafa and Torres OUT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Enough is ENOUGH !!!

Rafa OUT !!

Seriously, is this clown working undercover for Liverpool and trying to destroy
    Chelsea from the inside ??

Where did they find this clutz??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Been very patient with them but can't take it anymore, Rafa and Torres OUT!

For me it's just torres out, don't mind rafa but torres is painful to watch and he really holds this talented team back:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I couldn't see tonight's game but it all sounds very familiar, dominating possession but just can't finish, as has been the case so many times this season. How the hell Torres starts over Ba I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not bringing Ba on until the 80th minute was weird. Torres needs to go, unless a half dozen games of decent form every season is enough. 26 goals in a 100 games.

Essien wrote: »
    I couldn't see tonight's game but it all sounds very familiar, dominating possession but just can't finish, as has been the case so many times this season. How the hell Torres starts over Ba I'll never know.

The last 10 minutes was amazing when ba came on. The difference in our play was massive, we actually looked like scoring. If ba had started tonight we would have won comfortably. Benitez and his fupping rotation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Its a pity Sturridge never got a decent run in that team, he would have scored more than Torres if he got a chance
    Reckon Torres will be gone soon anyway, back to Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

hope in the second leg Ba starts and someone instead of Oscar. Thought he and Torres had a terrible game.
    Unsure of Rafa at the moment but if he drops Torres i be happier with him till the end of the season.
    Why they sold Sturridge instead of Torres is a big mistake in my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

That should spell the end for Torres, thank god. I feel sorry for him at this stage but he is pure pony. He should play all the cup games only and keep Ba for the league.
    In fairness we have 3 no.10's on the pitch at the same time; 4 at the end with Marin and no wingers...not balanced at all.
    On ivanovic he is a f@ck up waiting to happen every game. Lionheart that he is he has no intelligence as a footballer which he has proved on numerous occasions. Too many had an(other) off night tonight (mata; Ramires; Torres; ivanovic). Hey ho, keep calm and carry on.

smuckers wrote: »
    Very uncharacteristic from Ivan, Torres should never play again, shocking :mad:

The first one was a tad unlucky, the 2nd was just woeful.

So thats a new CB, CM and CF so in the next 6months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Benitez and his fupping rotation.

It really is my only gripe with him and it looks like its going to cost us. Though that's not to say that the teams fielded against both Swansea and QPR weren't good enough to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

the_monkey wrote: »
    Enough is ENOUGH !!!

Rafa OUT !!

Seriously, is this clown working undercover for Liverpool and trying to destroy
    Chelsea from the inside ??

Where did they find this clutz??

Ivanovic had two brainfarts, why are you blaming Benitez?

Essien wrote: »
    It really is my only gripe with him and it looks like its going to cost us. Though that's not to say that the teams fielded against both Swansea and QPR weren't good enough to win.

There was no excuse for not starting ba tonight and to rest both mata and hazard against QPR was criminal. Those odd decisions will cost us

• Advertisement

Ivan should now be dropped. Cahill and terry for stoke. Oscar was terrible out on the wing tonight, badly missed moses

Ivan should now be dropped. Cahill and terry for stoke. Oscar was terrible out on the wing tonight, badly missed moses

This ^ times 10.

Oscar is a good player but hes wasted on the wing, similarly, Mata is wasted out there so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place of who to pick out there as Ramires is also not good enough consistently to play out there.

The team for the Stoke game should read,

Turnbull
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Lamps Luiz
    Hazard Mata Marin
    Ba

This ^ times 10.

Oscar is a good player but hes wasted on the wing, similarly, Mata is wasted out there so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place of who to pick out there as Ramires is also not good enough consistently to play out there.

The team for the Stoke game should read,

Turnbull
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Lamps Luiz
    Hazard Mata Marin
    Ba

As long as ba plays I'll be happy. My patience is gone with torres, I no longer want to see him in blue. No excuse to play him now.

As long as ba plays I'll be happy. My patience is gone with torres, I no longer want to see him in blue. No excuse to play him now.

What about the white kit..or the black kit? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I know that people are complaining that Torres only got 19 touches of the ball bu I wouldn't put much stock in that knind of stat. I remember games where Drogba got around the same number but the difference was that although he wasn't getting on the ball a lot he was a focal point, occupying both centre backs, bringing others into play, holding up the ball and popping up with a piece of magic.

In comparison Torres was invisible, didn't challenge, didn't make runs, didn't create anything for himself or his teammates. A ridiculously poor performance from any pro footballer, let alone a 50 million pound one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Wouldn't it be great if Torres handed in a transfer request because of being booed (wrongfully, no player so ever be booed by their own fans IMO) off tonight :D We'd still have to find a buyer but it would at least force Roman to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wouldn't it be great if Torres handed in a transfer request because of being booed (wrongfully, no player so ever be booed by their own fans IMO) off tonight :D We'd still have to find a buyer but it would at least force Roman to sell him.

Booed off?! Had it on in the corner on mute and didn't know that, was it bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Much and all as I like Ivanovich, his backpass exhibited his defensive frailties. I'm afraid it's curtains for him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

There was no excuse for not starting ba tonight and to rest both mata and hazard against QPR was criminal. Those odd decisions will cost us

Well, for sure it will cost Benitez. CFC career over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I wouldn't think so but I do hope RA enjoyed what he saw tonight.
    McDave wrote: »
    Well, for sure it will cost Benitez. CFC career over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement