Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »
    did you partake ?
    Nope, dont see the point.. was happy to see him go off though

So you didn't inhale :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I dont agree with booing Torres at all, as much as a brutal player he is he should not be booed IMO. Just Start Ba in every game and look for a replacment for Torres.

Why was Bruce Buck boo'd ??

I dont get all the hatered for the man TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

what a day wrote: »
    I dont agree with booing Torres at all, as much as a brutal player he is he should not be booed IMO. Just Start Ba in every game and look for a replacment for Torres.

Why was Bruce Buck boo'd ??

I dont get all the hatered for the man TBH.

'Cause of the Lampard situation!

'Cause of the Lampard situation!

Im sure its not just Bruce Buck whos cal it is with Lampard, surely the board discuse the likes of Lampard and feel that its time to move Lampard on. I for one dont mind Lamps moveing on as long as we can replace him with a quality player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we can sign a guy that scores 193 goals in 12 years from CM then I'll be delighted. :D

Problem is he wont be replaced, its just not possible but we do need a quality player to play in CM.

The problem with getting rid of Cole and Lampard is the replacements arent ready made just yet, Bertrand and PVA are good options though but will they be long term replacements remain to be seen.

Decent piece on Sky about Frank leaving;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8387027

Fact is he will be 35 before next season starts he is rapidly coming to the end of his playing career (I reckon he has an awful amount to impart on the training pitch though) and sooner rather than later he will need replacing. Still reckon 1 good season left in him but how much do you pay a bit part player. Therein lies the rub I think.

TBH I remember when Lamps signed dont think anyone suggested he was capable of that type of return his scoring feats for the happy hammers were good but not spectacular. So as to his replacement we may already have him who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    So true but what about our youth?are we not producing the quality to mix it up with the seniors?

Some are good, but they get sent on loan for 2-3 years and are sold before they ever get a chance with the 1st team so it either leads me to believe they're good enough for a certain level but not at one at which the club is competiting on which is fine because unless a player is exceptionally talented at 17, 18, 19 he's not going to get into the team and will naturally have to serve a loan spell somehwere but what makes me even more annoyed is buying young talent and sending them on loan.

Our interim managers start the worst yet under Roman, though to be fair he has had to take on the might of QPR and Swansea at home and the happy hammers away. Good God even big Phil was better (rock he perished on was letting Clarke go)

CARLO ANCELOTTI (2009) W12 D0 L2

JOSE MOURINHO (2004) W11 D2 L1

GUUS HIDDINK (2009) W10 D3 L1

ROBERTO DI MATTEO (2012) W10 D3 L1

LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI (2008) W10 D3 L1

AVRAM GRANT (2007) W10 D3 L1

CLAUDIO RANIERI (2003) W10 D2 L2

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS (2011) W8 D4 L2

RAFA BENITEZ (2012-13) W8 D2 L4

The problem with the job though is that a bad run of results could see you out on your arse.

What I'd love is for our next manager to be publicly backed by Roman, I want him to either be at the press conference or come out and release a personal statement regarding the new manager.

Everyone can see we need consistency but Romans tactic of hire'um and fire'um has worked to a degree as hes won trophies but there comes a time when you have to nail your colours to a mast and back one guy, it should have been Jose and since him it should have been Carlo but getting to involved either directly or by other means, I'm looking at Micheal Emanelo, hes undermined managers and players a like.

I'd love it to happen that way but it wont, not now, not a decade into his tenure at Chelsea.

For the love of all things good just stand by the next guy and let him mould the club in his fashion. Losing a handful of games isnt a crisis in football, it happens but sacking a very good manager isnt going to help anyone, let alone the players with a revolving door policy for managers and coaches.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    So true but what about our youth?are we not producing the quality to mix it up with the seniors?
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    The problem with the job though is that a bad run of results could see you out on your arse.

What I'd love is for our next manager to be publicly backed by Roman, I want him to either be at the press conference or come out and release a personal statement regarding the new manager.

Everyone can see we need consistency but Romans tactic of hire'um and fire'um has worked to a degree as hes won trophies but there comes a time when you have to nail your colours to a mast and back one guy, it should have been Jose and since him it should have been Carlo but getting to involved either directly or by other means, I'm looking at Micheal Emanelo, hes undermined managers and players a like.

I'd love it to happen that way but it wont, not now, not a decade into his tenure at Chelsea.

For the love of all things good just stand by the next guy and let him mould the club in his fashion. Losing a handful of games isnt a crisis in football, it happens but sacking a very good manager isnt going to help anyone, let alone the players with a revolving door policy for managers and coaches.

And I think therein lies that rub no manager really with the possible exception of Jose has had the security of being able to give young lads a decent run out in the first team such is the focus on results AVB is absolutely spot on there. Actually it is hard to argue with anything AVB said in that interview.

I think it would need some form of public commitment as I would imagine that AVB certainly felt he had full support from the powers that be but as Samuel Goldwyn was wont to say a verbal agreement is not worth the paper it is written on. A behind closed doors agreement one would assume is worth even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Seville-based Muchodeporte claim that Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido is on his way to London to discuss the sale of star striker Alvaro Negredo. He stated last week the player was not for sale and that they had rejected a bid of around £15million for him.
    by GRAEME BAILEY 4:19 PM

Is it us?

I'd say since we signed Ba we wont be buying another striker in the January Transfe window, our next visit to the market will probably be in the summer for a CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

i think there is some truth that chelsea are preparing the team for a new manager who may be in the background specifying targets . lets not forget when pep took over at barca inesta and xavi were not in the team and he promoted them to the first team and built the team around them and messi. mata , hazard and oscar are pep kind of players
    I think you're on to something. That would explain how Lampard's options have gone from a 1-year contract to at best a summer exit.

McDave wrote: »
    I think you're on to something. That would explain how Lampard's options have gone from a 1-year contract to at best a summer exit.

If he ends up joining Utd though I'll be sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I've a feeling that Mourinho's short term fate at RM will be the catalyst. If RM go out to Utd JM is a goner. And the succession stakes at Utd, City and Chelsea will kick in. Guardiola probably doesn't mind not having his hand forced for now, but if JM is out looking for a new home in February Guardiola may just have to get off the fence. He's already said he's willing to go back to coaching, so the big Chelsea clear out is a message to him that he can make his own imprint on the team.

I think Jose will be gone come the summer regardless of what happens in La Liga or the UCL.

La Liga is gone, Barca wont be caught at this stage.

UCL they're well capable of winning it ad I hope they do now that Chelsea are out.

I think the Jose love in at Madrid is over and hes on a ticking clock at the Bernabeu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I think Jose will be gone come the summer regardless of what happens in La Liga or the UCL.

La Liga is gone, Barca wont be caught at this stage.

UCL they're well capable of winning it ad I hope they do now that Chelsea are out.

I think the Jose love in at Madrid is over and hes on a ticking clock at the Bernabeu.

The Mourinho love at Madrid is certainly over. Booed each time he stood up off the bench, jeered when his name was read out beforehand. Inevitably he is leaving Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

tbh I'd be very happy for him and it might teach us a lesson, though I'd doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

But that is, of course, total bollox. An article written by an idiot, for idiots.

If RVP wasn't playing, do you think they would have played with ten men, or another striker, or someone else in another position? Do you not think that other striker would have scored ANY goals?

What a bizarre thing to read, and use in a debate on a forum.

It is clearly an idiotic piece that has zero meaning.

Obviously they'd play differently. I'm fairly certain they'd still be challenging near the top of the table, but the point I'm trying to put across is that RVP is a match winner. Torres isn't, and that's what we're missing out on bigtime.

RVP has managed to turn draws into wins time and time again. Torres, on the other hand pops up with a goal when we're already 2 goals up, making it pretty meaningless. I expect better from a £50m man!

Btw, JT's comeback for the reserves is live tonight. http://www.stopstream.tv/48/65/486523.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

one from reddit
    LnnwD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Feruz makes it 1-0 to Chelsea after 62 mins in the u21 match , JT played 45 mins

1-0 ft John terry interviewed at the end , knee feels fine bit tired but very positive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

1-0 ft John terry interviewed at the end , knee feels fine bit tired but very positive

It finished 2-0. Lewis Baker scored a penalty after Feruz goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    It finished 2-0. Lewis Baker scored a penalty after Feruz goal.

Oh yeah haha

Soby wrote: »
    Fellani must be coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

It was the mother who posted pictures. Maybe she gave herself a Brazilian ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If you cut off Luiz's hair, does he lose his superpowers?

It doesnt look like much of his hair if it is true.

It looks like a trim of his hair....hopefully.

What am I gonna do with my wig :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

i think there is some truth that chelsea are preparing the team for a new manager who may be in the background specifying targets . lets not forget when pep took over at barca inesta and xavi were not in the team and he promoted them to the first team and built the team around them and messi. mata , hazard and oscar are pep kind of players

What? They started 43 and 50 games respectively the season before pep took over.
    Iniesta and Xavi were pivotal in Rjkaards team so not sure were people are getting this nonsense from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What? They started 43 and 50 games respectively the season before pep took over.
    Iniesta and Xavi were pivotal in Rjkaards team so not sure were people are getting this nonsense from
    Presume he meant Busquets and Pedro, they're the only 2 players Pep promoted.
    He also had the balls to get rid of Deco and Ronaldinho at the time too. Brave decision for a novice manager at the time.

Lot of stuff in the papers this morning about a Stamford Bridge boycott until Rafa goes?
    Don't think that'll help matters. I also will be surprised if people actually go ahead with it!

blue-army wrote: »
    Presume he meant Busquets and Pedro, they're the only 2 players Pep promoted.
    He also had the balls to get rid of Deco and Ronaldinho at the time too. Brave decision for a novice manager at the time.

Lot of stuff in the papers this morning about a Stamford Bridge boycott until Rafa goes?
    Don't think that'll help matters. I also will be surprised if people actually go ahead with it!

A boycott isnt the answer at all. People are entitled not to like the guy, thats their opinion but not supporting the team is not the right way to go about it.

Vocal displeasure at bad results & performances are the best way to go about it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

A boycott isnt the answer at all. People are entitled not to like the guy, thats their opinion but not supporting the team is not the right way to go about it.

Vocal displeasure at bad results & performances are the best way to go about it IMO.
    This is it really, can never understand boycotting your team.

Chelsea fans should take Benitez for what he is to the club, a stop gap whilst they chase what they really want long term.

It would be another bad image for the club to sack an interim manager brought in to get the team to end of season

Cant see it happening, he may want it but I cant see Liverpool coming in for him after the signed Sturridge.

With Borini, Sturridge and Suarez they've enough to cover the CF position IMO.

Oh God no dont see him going to Liverpool unless he took a massive pay cut also he was playing very poorly before he left to come to us.

More thinking about the mindset and what looks like total disinterest. The booing confirmed by maroonandgreen could be the last nail in the coffin.

Personally I think he should leave, I know he is very wealthy but he shows signs of depression I think. Despite his wealth he is possibly thinking nothing much has gone right recently, couldn't get a solid first team place when Drogger was here (despite many chances) lost his place in the Spanish team. Maybe he needs a season or two out of the spotlight.

Much as I actually cringe now when I see him on a Chelsea team sheet he is human and I would have some degree of sympathy for him. If Chelsea are willing to take a pretty hefty hit on a transfer fee he should be willing to take a hefty hit on his salary and step back a bit.

More on Pepe of course this morning

http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/50939/abramovich-offer-guardiola-take-it-or-leave-it-%C2%A318m-salary?

If that is true that is a mouth watering amount of money break it down

ST£346,154 per week
    ST£49,451 per day
    ST£2,060 per hour
    ST£34 per minute

I would work for that

He has 3 years left on his contract where hes getting 175K a week, I doubt he'll be in a rush to look for a new contract anywhere else.

If he sign another striker in the summer and hes still at the club I'd expect him to be leaving shortly after it, either on loan or permantely.

• Advertisement

More on Pepe of course this morning

http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/50939/abramovich-offer-guardiola-take-it-or-leave-it-%C2%A318m-salary?

If that is true that is a mouth watering amount of money break it down

ST£346,154 per week
    ST£49,451 per day
    ST£2,060 per hour
    ST£34 per minute

I would work for that

Thats double what Jose gets at Real. :eek:

Jaysus, I'd be delighted if I got nearly 50K a year let alone a day. :(

He has 3 years left on his contract where hes getting 175K a week, I doubt he'll be in a rush to look for a new contract anywhere else.

If he sign another striker in the summer and hes still at the club I'd expect him to be leaving shortly after it, either on loan or permantely.

Yea I agree there Gav, its a bit like being an alcoholic I guess you gotta want to change. If he is depressed and has that moment of clarity he has two choices really knuckle down and try and get back to his best with us but at least show the fans he cares and he wants to do well. If he cant do that then taking a hefty hit on salary is the only other option as I dont think there is anyone out there daft enough to pay him that sort of money, though Chelsea may be willing to subsidise a club to save some money, someone in the Russian league perhaps they seem minted.

If he decides he is going to do a Bogarde then we should do the same and promote Piazon to active first team duties with Feruz as his backup. For those who say those two are too young I say balderdash interested and keen young lads are better then a sulk anyday of the week.

Yea I agree there Gav, its a bit like being an alcoholic I guess you gotta want to change. If he is depressed and has that moment of clarity he has two choices really knuckle down and try and get back to his best with us but at least show the fans he cares and he wants to do well. If he cant do that then taking a hefty hit on salary is the only other option as I dont think there is anyone out there daft enough to pay him that sort of money, though Chelsea may be willing to subsidise a club to save some money, someone in the Russian league perhaps they seem minted.

If he decides he is going to do a Bogarde then we should do the same and promote Piazon to active first team duties with Feruz as his backup. For those who say those two are too young I say balderdash interested and keen young lads are better then a sulk anyday of the week.

Ya can never use that word enough ha. :pac:

Ya the ball is in Torres court at this stage, in Ba he is real competition for a starting place so he'll either have to do it in training and at weekends or he'll be spending more time on the bench.

Even if he does come off the bench he should want it and prove to the team and fans that he should be starting and willing to put in a shift.

Lads I think it would be best for everyone involved if Torres was moved on.

I think he would flourish back in Spain, he's just not up to the demands of the PL imo.

Something I noticed about Nando, back in his Liverpool days when he would get a bad challenge or pushed around by defenders, he'd always square up to the defender or at least stick up for himself, now when that happens he just shrugs his shoulders, puts his head down and walks away.

His confidence is just completely gone. I'm actually surprised that Chelsea aren't trying to push him out, considering he's probably on more money than Lampard & is also of less importance to us. Plus we'd also receive a transfer fee for him.

The only one reportedly on more money then Torres is Hazard.

If we bring in a big name CF then I can see no point in Torres sticking around, the potential bst deal is a swap and cash for Falcao as Falcao is meant to be on big money with Atletico, circa €150k a week.

The only one reportedly on more money then Torres is Hazard.

If we bring in a big name CF then I can see no point in Torres sticking around, the potential bst deal is a swap and cash for Falcao as Falcao is meant to be on big money with Atletico, circa €150k a week.

At one stage I thought the Falcao deal was nailed on, now I just can't really see it happening.

Knowing our luck in bringing in world class strikers, we're probably better off leaving him alone anyway.

I agree, we have to move Torres on ASAP. The lad has not been good enough for us since he signed with us. No beating around the bush and giving any excuses, the lad is just not the same player and we cannot wait around to see if he will return.

Id imagine we will hold on to him untill the summer and try move him on then. He should be back up to Ba and then look to a swap deal with Falcao or else sell him on and make an offer for Higuain. As far as im concerned Torres is part of the dead wood in our squad that needs to be trimmed.

Torres
    Essien
    Ferraira
    Hilario
    Yossi
    Malouda
    Kakuta

Lampard and Cole may aslo be added to that list by the board to free up cash for fresh players but IMO id keep Lampard for one more season and Cole for at least one more season

what a day wrote: »
    I agree, we have to move Torres on ASAP. The lad has not been good enough for us since he signed with us. No beating around the bush and giving any excuses, the lad is just not the same player and we cannot wait around to see if he will return.

Id imagine we will hold on to him untill the summer and try move him on then. He should be back up to Ba and then look to a swap deal with Falcao or else sell him on and make an offer for Higuain. As far as im concerned Torres is part of the dead wood in our squad that needs to be trimmed.

Torres
    Essien
    Ferraira
    Hilario
    Yossi
    Malouda
    Kakuta

Lampard and Cole may aslo be added to that list by the board to free up cash for fresh players but IMO id keep Lampard for one more season and Cole for at least one more season

I reckon Essien & Malouda would be also on a nice wage too.

I wonder will Turnbull be moved on too, with Courtois coming back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The scary thing about Turnbull is he'll be playing against Stoke (A), Southampton (H), Arsenal - on Sky (H), Swansea - on Sky (A), Reading (A).

Cech should be back by Febraury but i can imagine they're trying to get him back ASAP.

Turnbull isnt good enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement