Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I reckon Essien & Malouda would be also on a nice wage too.

I wonder will Turnbull be moved on too, with Courtois coming back?

I think Turnbulls contract is up at the end of the season if he is happy to play 3rd fiddle to Petr and Courtois then there may be a new one coming though I think Blackman should be given that chance myself.

Kakuta is supposed to be doing quite well in Holland now after a very shaky start, he may be moved on but hanging on for a bit longer might be an idea as well. IIRC some reports from Holland were very critical of his previous loans in that they were totally wrong for him and actually held him back, these reports were not from the player.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The scary thing about Turnbull is he'll be playing against Stoke (A), Southampton (H), Arsenal - on Sky (H), Swansea - on Sky (A), Reading (A).

Cech should be back by Febraury but i can imagine they're trying to get him back ASAP.

Turnbull isnt good enough.

And he has a Champions League Winners Medal, he really must have thought all his birthdays came at once when he got a contract from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I actually thought he could of done better for Michu's goal the other night.

I don't know how he's been at the club so long, I wonder will Jamal Blackman get near the 1st team soon, he wasn't involved with the 21's at all last night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A sub keeper with no ambition at a big club really has it all.

A guy like Turnbull is never going to dislodge Cech but hes more then happy to sit there and collect good money for doing it, fairplay to him I say but I reckon his gravy train wont go on forever.

Courtois will be back soon and Blackman in another year or two will be pushing for a squad place.

Actually what about Hilario, hes liked Ferriera, god knows why they're kept, maybe they say nothing in training cause no fuss and hope nobody says " why are ye still here " :pac:

I actually thought he could of done better for Michu's goal the other night.

I don't know how he's been at the club so long, I wonder will Jamal Blackman get near the 1st team soon, he wasn't involved with the 21's at all last night ?

I think the finish was excellent but there certainly is a case to be made that he could have got across faster, he seemed very flat footed and didnt sort his feet.

I'd say its close between himself and Hilario as to who's 3rd choice at the moment, hopefully though it wont come down to choosing between Hilario and Blackman though.

• Advertisement

A sub keeper with no ambition at a big club really has it all.

A guy like Turnbull is never going to dislodge Cech but hes more then happy to sit there and collect good money for doing it, fairplay to him I say but I reckon his gravy train wont go on forever.

Courtois will be back soon and Blackman in another year or two will be pushing for a squad place.

Actually what about Hilario, hes liked Ferriera, god knows why they're kept, maybe they say nothing in training cause no fuss and hope nobody says " why are ye still here " :pac:

The thing about Hilario & Ferrera is that they're probably on peanuts compared to most of the players & they are good to have in a squad as they dont seem to bothered only being called on when we're stuck.

My only problem with players like that is that they are preventing younger lads from getting a place in the squad.

I think at the end of the season there will be a huge clear out at the bridge, even a lot of the younger lads will be moved on I reckon.

I'd love to know how much wages we're paying per week to all the players that are loaned out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

After Cech we really are struggling for keepers, we had Cudicini before as good back up.. Hilario and Ross arent at that level, no where near IMO

The thing about Hilario & Ferrera is that they're probably on peanuts compared to most of the players & they are good to have in a squad as they dont seem to bothered only being called on when we're stuck.

My only problem with players like that is that they are preventing younger lads from getting a place in the squad.

I think at the end of the season there will be a huge clear out at the bridge, even a lot of the younger lads will be moved on I reckon.

I'd love to know how much wages we're paying per week to all the players that are loaned out?

They loaned out players is a very grey area. I'd love to see the break down alright though, I wouldnt be surprised to see us paying the majority of the wages of the guys out on loan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the match tomorrow against stoke is live on setanta so we can look forward to brian little co-commentating from a studio in dublin

peteeeed wrote: »
    the match tomorrow against stoke is live on setanta so we can look forward to brian little co-commentating from a studio in dublin

Once Demba Ba starts I don't care, I'd even settle for listening to Trappatoni trying to commentate in broken English :pac:

Just seen a stat on twitter, Demba Ba has 4 in 4 against Stoke.

Surely Torres won't start?

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBC1IGRLSY4k83Irs0Q2EFTqV9ic01X69quNsTnuh_vPFVnas5UQ

Once Demba Ba starts I don't care, I'd even settle for listening to Trappatoni trying to commentate in broken English :pac:

Ba will start, he has to. Torres wouldnt have a chance I think only for Rafa and him have good history and Rafa may want to give him a better chance than others would!

I reckon it will be :

Turnbull
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Luiz
    Marin Mata Hazard
    Ba

Although I wouldnt be surprised if we went with :

Turnbull
    Ivan Cahill Luiz Cole
    Lamps Ramires
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

The 2nd line up is more powerful and is taking into account JT been injured, the 1st team i posted is what I'd like to see and would hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Ba has to start!!

regarding our back up keepers be dont have any that are good enough accept for Courtios. I dont know what the deal is with Delac weather he can get a work permit or some thing but he is suppose to be a good young keeper too.

Looking at Falcao he will be 27 next month and id prefere to look else were for a cheaper alternitive striker than paying 50m for a 27 year old. Split the 50m and get some one like Shurrle and Higuain. If that doesnt work id rather gamble the money on buying Neymar. If he doesnt work out we could still have a return on his sale.

I reckon it will be :

Turnbull
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Luiz
    Marin Mata Hazard
    Ba

Although I wouldnt be surprised if we went with :

Turnbull
    Ivan Cahill Luiz Cole
    Lamps Ramires
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

The 2nd line up is more powerful and is taking into account JT been injured, the 1st team i posted is what I'd like to see and would hope for.

I can't see Luiz going back into defence forthis one, I think this would actually suit Ivan & Cahill, stoke's forward line would be more powerful than speedy.

I can't remember the last time I guessed the Chelsea line up, its just been so unpredictable this season.

We really need to pick our best 11 & settle on it.

I can't see Luiz going back into defence forthis one, I think this would actually suit Ivan & Cahill, stoke's forward line would be more powerful than speedy.

I can't remember the last time I guessed the Chelsea line up, its just been so unpredictable this season.

We really need to pick our best 11 & settle on it.

Rafa and rotation will make sure we wont have a best 11 and I suppose in way hes right, I mean we have about 14 players that could easily start.

Now what we need to do is pick the 11 with the strongest players for the game, as you suggested, for Stoke a CB apiring has to be strong and up for the aerial challenge whle the other end we need quick players and good movement to beat their defence.

One thing is for sure is in that starting XI only about 6,7 players have to play as often as possible when fit are, Cech, Cole, Luiz, Hazard, Mata, Moses, Ba.

We should be building a team around that unit.

I agree with the rotation but you have to know when and who to rotate. Rafa for me does not have a clue when it comes to rotation and he loves making his rotations.
    Depending on a number of things like the oposition we face, the ability of our players, fitness etc

For the stoke game id like to see

Turnbull

Azpilicueta----Ivan
    Cahill
    Cole

Luiz
    Lampard

---Mata
    Oscar
    Hazard--

Ba

Wont mind if Ramires is exchanged for Lampard but the rest of the squad to stay as is.
    I think we played really well against Stoke and give Ivan a chance to redeem himself but i stike by what i have said since we signed Ivan, he switchs off at CB but he will have to start untill JT is match fit. Ivan played reall well rotating his attack with Luiz and switching places against Swansea so i hope it continues.

What do you get if you cross a ball, and Fernando Torres?

A goal kick.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Id rather Jose back than Pep,is that controversial?:pac:

not really , i'd be happy with either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

What do you get if you cross a ball, and Fernando Torres?

A goal kick.

:P

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Tomorrow away to Stoke, max we can hope from that one is 1 point.

Transfere window very quiet so far.

Wonder when Pep wil announce which club he wants to go to??

the_monkey wrote: »

well our away form is pretty good so if Ba starts which he will i'm confident

Depends I guess where he is going;

Munich or us could be anytime as effectively at the end of the season both "manager" are out of contract.

ManC would have to get shot of Mancini first
    ManU Fergie would have to announce his decision to retire first

PSG not sure when Carlo's contract runs out

Depends I guess where he is going;

Munich or us could be anytime as effectively at the end of the season both "manager" are out of contract.

ManC would have to get shot of Mancini first
    ManU Fergie would have to announce his decision to retire first

PSG not sure when Carlo's contract runs out

I have a feeling he could go to Bayern but id imagine we would be his second choice. ManCity dont have the players that suit his style of play and as you mention they will have to axe a succsessful mancini. fergie wont retire and i can see Mourinho going to City. The City squad would suit Mourinho style too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'd rather Jose back than Pep, is that controversial? :pac:

So would I - or Ancelotti - but that wouldn't satisfy Roman's hunger for trophies won with intricate tiki-taka football. So I come back to the question I asked the other day: if not Pep, then who?

Errrr....Brendan Rogers? Michael Laudrup? Arsene Wenger? Someone tangentially associated with Barcelona?

The link grumpymunster supplied from The Week stated it simply:
    It's no secret he's itching to get back into coaching but sources close to Guardiola suggest he might not want the aggravation of answering to Abramovich, one of football's more interfering owners.

Yep.

the_monkey wrote: »

What I hope for is 3 points, although if JT doesnt play, coupled with Cech been out I'm not so confident at all.

We have to score 1st, if Stoke score 1st I cant see them getting beat.

on the fellani front, john chapman who was on the ball with all our other belgian transfers reports this

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Re Fellaini, it seems Fellaini's people have agreement with #cfc but #efc still hope to keep him until the summer.

• Advertisement

Taison reportedly signed for Shakter Donesk

on the fellani front, john chapman who was on the ball with all our other belgian transfers reports this

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Re Fellaini, it seems Fellaini's people have agreement with #cfc but #efc still hope to keep him until the summer.

These kind of deals are ok when the player is a young guy and he wont be guarnteed to start for us but in this case Everton can do one if they wanted this to be aprt of any deal.

According to Rafa Torres had to start against Swansea as Ba had a nigle in his hamstring and Torres played with a stomach bug.

Sounds like dog Shlthe to me TBH but surely he was not that naive to leave Torres on for so long??

JT also back in the squad for tommorow and Cech will go with the squad and checked tommorow if fit to play.

Terry's back for Stoke but only on the bench.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/terry-back-in-chelsea-squad-3349507.html

Basically means Cahill & Ivan at CB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

what a day wrote: »
    I agree with the rotation but you have to know when and who to rotate. Rafa for me does not have a clue when it comes to rotation and he loves making his rotations.
    Depending on a number of things like the oposition we face, the ability of our players, fitness etc

I wouldn't have thought he'd be any different to a top club manager with a squad on the rotation front. Mourinho is at it with the likes of Ozil, Benzema and Higuain. The muchly desired Guardiola did it a lot last season with Tello and Cuenca and before that, Affellay. Fabregas too. Adriano as well. Plus Sanchez or Villa.

When is Cech due back?

Cech is 50/50 for all the Fantasy Football fans out there, fitness test tomorrow before the game.

He was meant to miss more games but hes come back quicker then expected.

Both trained so expect Cech back very soon.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3038421/title/newsflash-terry-and-cech-fitness-boost
    Cech will undergo further assessment before the degree of his participation is decided

• Advertisement

Chelsea youth Billy Clifford had joined Colchester on loan.

Very good player, hope he does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Todd Kane is starting for Blackburn tonight, on SS1 for anyone thats interested.

So Nando was sick and Ba had a niggle and Piazon not even on the bench tactical genius and no mistake

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fernando-torres-was-sick-during-swansea-defeat-claims-rafael-benitez-8448571.html

Decent finish this one from our #9 (sadly not that one)dodgy keeper though

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/islam-feruz-chelsea-u21s-goal-what-was-the-keeper-doing-v-fulham/

Didn't Ba get a hatrick at Stoke last season for Newcastle? I expect the same tomorrow Demba. :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh and Fellaini? Yes please! He would be a brilliant signing.

This post has been deleted.

Wonder would Ath.Madrid take Torres off us?:pac:

Fixed that for you :D

Johner wrote: »
    Didn't Ba get a hatrick at Stoke last season for Newcastle? I expect the same tomorrow Demba. :pac:

Do I sell Suarez and buy Ba in my team. If we have a rational manager I would but not sure bah will sleep on it

I have Ba and Suarez.:pac: And Defoe. :(

Have Suarez, RvP and Lambert thinking Ba, RvP and Lambert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Fernando Torres needs I nickname.

I propose Jigsaw.

Because he goes to pieces in the box...

I'll get my coat.......

What time is kick off today?