Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Gary Cahill has withdrawn from the squad as his girlfriend is going into labour.

I wonder will Terry start now or will Luiz drop back into defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Gary Cahill has withdrawn from the squad
    BALLS :mad:
    will Luiz drop back into defence?

tumblr_m73vonG79o1r6phrc.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

@OptaJoe 38 secs
    6 - Romelu Lukaku has now scored in six of his eight Premier League starts for West Brom. Opener.

That's some record by any standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

On his hat trick now! Still too raw my arse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

kev1.3s wrote: »
    On his hat trick now! Still too raw my arse.

The full season will do him good though in fairness. No doubt he will be an absolute beast.

The full season will do him good though in fairness. No doubt he will be an absolute beast.
    I agree leave him where he is for now but he is showing real promise now, who needs falco when we have lukaku.
    Bad day for walters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FPLL4wcfn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a great result that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Absolutely thought we might sneak it but that was very good though 2own goals did help. Good result at QPR for us too if City fail to win tomorrow could be very interesting after Saints game on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

4 of our next 5 opponents are currently in the bottom 6, the other one is Arsenal at home, loads of points up for grabs in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Fair play to Rafa - his use of Jon Walters as an unorthodox CF was inspired.

Tactical genius :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great win for us. Just back from watching it.

We got very lucky with the 2 og's and a soft penalty but we limited Stoke to very little while looking dangerous when going forward.

Very happy with really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well done Chelsea !! Good to see Stoke getting a good tonking

• Advertisement

We were lucky but overall they can have no complaints. Totally dominated the second half and only for some poor last balls and good goalkeeping we could have had another few.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Great win for us. Just back from watching it.

We got very lucky with the 2 og's and a soft penalty but we limited Stoke to very little while looking dangerous when going forward.

Very happy with really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Whats this about ESPN reporting that Fellaini and Falcao are on there way to Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

bullpost wrote: »
    Fair play to Rafa - his use of Jon Walters as an unorthodox CF was inspired.

Tactical genius :)

Yeah, I had Ba down to have a better league debut but the stats don't lie:

BAbNZ8fCcAAaVRB.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Just on twitter there, an espn reporter claims we're about to sign Fellaini and Falcao.
    Great win today lads, Hazard outstanding

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Benitez is odds on to be the next Permanent Chelsea manager

Just watched lukaku on the premiership and he looked amazing in the first half! Licking my lips in anticipation of his return next year, leave falco where he is I'm sick of these mega money superstar strikers!
    Lets use our considerable reserves and promote our youths. I think there are at least 2 in lukaku and piazon who are ready to appear now and make a real difference not to mention the rest who ant half bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maybe he could be the away manager. Get someone else to manage the home matches and you'd be sorted.

Not sure about that - our current arrangement with Rafa as interim and RA as permanent manager seems to be working out ;)

Has anyone told Orlando Wellington that? He has been doing really well for the 27 months he has been manager.

http://www.berekumchelsea.com/category/the-club/management/

@OptaJoe: 2 - Chelsea have inflicted both the heaviest defeat (0-7 – April 2010) and the heaviest home defeat (0-4 today) on Stoke in the PL. Bullies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Great result today. Looking back, we probably played better against Swansea and QPR and lost both, not scoring.
    That brilliant offside call by Sian Massey denying Stoke a penalty at 1-0 was crucial today I think.

Good to see Hazard starting to look the part again. Hopefully more of the same for the rest of the season.
    Also glad to see Bertrand having a good game again. Just proves that we do give the academy players a chance if they're good enough!

The same result against Swansea would be nice.

Was a great performance by the team, Lampard was unlucky not to have a hatrick, Hazard was brilliant, he makes it look so easy, he has incredible accelaration.

Hopefully both Manchester teams drop points today, that will make the perfect weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The same result against Swansea would be nice.

Was a great performance by the team, Lampard was unlucky not to have a hatrick, Hazard was brilliant, he makes it look so easy, he has incredible accelaration.

Hopefully both Manchester teams drop points today, that will make the perfect weekend.
    Hopefully Swansea wont park the bus, as so far, Benitez hasn't found the formula for winning against teams that do. Fingers crossed, however Swansea play, Chelsea will have enough to overturn the 2 goal deficit.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any paper madness?

All taken from BBC website HERE

Wouldn't mind the first story being true now tbh, such a sideshow these days, one Chelsea could do without.
    Atletico Madrid are preparing a cut-price move for their former striker Fernando Torres, 28, who moved to Chelsea from Liverpool for £50m and is contracted until 2016 but could return to Spain, initially on loan for the rest of the season.
    Full story: Metro

Chelsea have bid £8.3m for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas, 25, but his club are trying to convince him to hold off on making a move until the summer.
    Full story: Marca (in Spanish)

England left-back Ashley Cole, 32, wants to stay in the Premier League after his Chelsea contract expires in the summer and will hold talks with Premier League leaders Manchester United.
    Full story: The People

Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is thought to prefer a summer move to Manchester City ahead of Manchester United or Chelsea.
    Full story: The Sun

Wonder would Ath.Madrid take Torres + cash off us for Falcao?:pac:
    Wonder if Falcao is heading here in the summer in that case if Torres heads there?

Any chance you could PM me lotto numbers for either Tuesday or Wednesday?

Why not make it easier swap deal Nando + bucket of cash they can keep Falcao till end of season and can have Torres now. We can then try get SuperMario on loan till end of season.

Don't Chelsea have enough small, skillful players though, Fellaini would give them something they don't currently have an abundance of, a big, solid unit, good in both boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

F.T phone home: Atletico Madrid prepared to offer Fernando Torres a Chelsea escape route

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/atletico-madrid-are-prepared-to-offer-fernando-1532321

Darn. If only Atletico had a player we wanted that we could use Torres for in part-exchange. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Hope Torres does go. Let Sturridge go who scored 2 in 2. Need another good striker in before he be let go.
    It may be the best to get another striker on small wages and then keep Cole and Lampard with the savings from Torres wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Im sure torres would jump at the chance to go home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Soby wrote: »
    Im sure torres would jump at the chance to go home

I hope he does, it's the best move for him. I'd like to see him get back to his old self and I reckon that's only ever gona happen in Spain. Of he stays in England he'll continue to be overly criticised by the media and just never get back in the right frame of mind.

I'd take Modric over Fellaini, Modric was often played in CM alongside Parker for Spurs whil VDV played in the hole.

We could easily line up with :

----Modric----Luiz----

Moses---Mata---Hazard

As long as Modric has a bruiser next to him he'll be ok, he eas very good for Spurs playing deep, linking CM with the rest of the pitch so I'd jump at the chance to sign him if it was for similar money as Fellaini.

Please, please beat Southampton on Wednesday.

It will put 4 points between us and Spurs and cut the gap to City to 3 points.

I want to see a strong XI played to make sure we get the win.

Cech
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Luiz Lamps
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

Also would like to see Ake at some stage, I mean he brught on P.Ferriera the other day when the game was done and dusted and Ake was just sitting there, would have been valuable experience in a game that was well and truly over. with no risk of bringing him on.

Cannot understand the logic of bring Paulo on in those circumstances totally ridiculous. JT needed a run and as the game was won protecting Ba was reasonable but Paulo is 33 cant see him being here next season Ake is one for the future and 10 minutes against Stoke would have been a good learning curve for him.

I am not sure our interim likes the three amigo's playing together so Oscar may be on the bench.

I thought Bertrand was ok the other day, he helped Cole alright when he had the chance.

Against Southampton, it wouldnt be as difficult a game as it should be as Stoke away so I'd be pushing for the best attacking threats.

Losing Moses has imbalanced the team slightly, maybe he'll play Marin wide left with Mata central and Hazard wide right.

If we're comfortable then take them off for the Arsenal game but for the love of christ start with them and see how it goes.

Agreed on P.Ferriera, it was a waste of a sub really that pushed Luiz to LB :confused: and Cole to left wing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd take Modric over Fellaini, Modric was often played in CM alongside Parker for Spurs whil VDV played in the hole.

We could easily line up with :

----Modric----Luiz----

Moses---Mata---Hazard

As long as Modric has a bruiser next to him he'll be ok, he eas very good for Spurs playing deep, linking CM with the rest of the pitch so I'd jump at the chance to sign him if it was for similar money as Fellaini.

+1 to this. Even though he looks slight, Modric was well able to hold his own in central midfield for a year. He'd be grand with Luiz or Mikel next to him, would be less sure about him with Rami or Lampard.

Would Madrid really let him go though? The transfer from Spurs seemed to happen yesterday, it would be a hell of a u-turn to make on a player who hasn't been that bad at all.

geeky wrote: »
    +1 to this. Even though he looks slight, Modric was well able to hold his own in central midfield for a year. He'd be grand with Luiz or Mikel next to him, would be less sure about him with Rami or Lampard.

Would Madrid really let him go though? The transfer from Spurs seemed to happen yesterday, it would be a hell of a u-turn to make on a player who hasn't been that bad at all.

I'd highly doubt Real would sale Modric this soon after his transfer.

Jose has preferred Khedira and Alonso in CM and hes not found a way into the team ahead of Ronaldo, Ozil or Di Maria.

He's a fine player but he wass never worth the money we were meant to have been told to pay but I can imagine Real, if they do sell, wont want to lose to much money on him so we could be looking to pay £25Million for him but I wouldnt hiold my breath.

Agreed with the Luiz/Mikel point, he needs the extra protection behind incase he wonders out to link play, very intelligent footballer that is suited to CM IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i would start with the same team as saturday except maybe oscar for bertrand . frank and ramiries worked really well in midfield , i though it was lampards best game of the season . luiz had a really good game at centre back, Ba even though he didn't score , kept the centre backs of stoke busy, hazard had his best game since the first 4 or 5 games of the season , always a threat , beating his man nearly every time.

I don't understand why Ferrera is getting game time in all the games he has so far, he has only been brought on for us when it was game over really, the young lads should at least get to make a cameo.

Maybe he knows he wont be here next season so he doesn't care about giving the younger players experience?

I thought Ba had an excellent game on Saturday and that may be part of the reason that Haz had a good game as well in that Ba kept the defenders busy and made room for the attacking midfield players to use. It really shows what we have been missing for a while now.

Personally I would play the three amigos no problem they have showed that they can play very well together under RDM.

As for Saints might be a good game to give JT an hour beside Cahill, Ivan has not had a break for a while so it might be a chance to give him some zzzzz's and push sideshow into midfield again to try and get at the Saints. If JT feeling it after an hour then drop Sideshow back or more likely bring Paulo on?????

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement