Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Iva n has played alot recently, so has Azp so I wouldnt be surprised if we see P.Ferriera start a game soon. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Usually I would be really confident about a fixture like this, but after our recent home form I'm just hoping we don't mess it up.

I reckon the players will have the QPR & Swansea games at the back of their minds so they won't go into this thinking its over before it starts.

I hope Rafa sets up for us to go all out and attack, get a couple of goals then rest a few players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Our interim manager was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" to which the old lady replied, "no way! You got yourself into this mess, dont ask me to sort it out!"

I thank you

I know it is only the Daily Mail but it seems that Arsenal, Spurs, ManU and Liverpool dont really like ourselves or ManC.

Didnt stop ManU taking a very large wad of cash for Veron or Liverpool taking a very large wad of cash for Torres from us I would hate to accuse them of being hypocrites but !!!!!!!!!!!!

I also like the way they refer to themselves as elite club's ... Elite in what sense exactly their own opinions of themselves perchance as 3 out of 4 of them have not won a lot in the past few years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262027/Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Spurs-join-forces-shackle-spending-Man-City-Chelsea.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I know it is only the Daily Mail but it seems that Arsenal, Spurs, ManU and Liverpool dont really like ourselves or ManC.

Didnt stop ManU taking a very large wad of cash for Veron or Liverpool taking a very large wad of cash for Torres from us I would hate to accuse them of being hypocrites but !!!!!!!!!!!!

I also like the way they refer to themselves as elite club's ... Elite in what sense exactly their own opinions of themselves perchance as 3 out of 4 of them have not won a lot in the past few years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262027/Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Spurs-join-forces-shackle-spending-Man-City-Chelsea.html

It's not that hard to work out is it ?
    What's the common factor between Chelsea and Man City ?
    Doesn't really need spelling out does it ?

greendom wrote: »
    It's not that hard to work out is it ?
    What's the common factor between Chelsea and Man City ?
    Doesn't really need spelling out does it ?

As long as both clubs are operating within the las of the UEFA F.F.P then I cant see what they're moaning at really, F.F.P. is in place to monitor all clubs.

Also, why are the clubs complaining to the English FA, shouldnt they be going directly to UEFA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As long as both clubs are operating within the las of the UEFA F.F.P then I cant see what they're moaning at really, F.F.P. is in place to monitor all clubs.

Also, why are the clubs complaining to the English FA, shouldnt they be going directly to UEFA?

Sorry I didn't read the article - so I was surprised that a Chelsea fan would find it difficult to understand why fans of the other clubs mentioned would dislike them. It doesn't take much to create animosity between football clubs at the best of times - but throw in a couple of oil sheiks/oligarchs with endless piles of money and it's easy to see why you are so disliked.

greendom wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't read the article - so I was surprised that a Chelsea fan would find it difficult to understand why fans of the other clubs mentioned would dislike them. It doesn't take much to create animosity between football clubs at the best of times - but throw in a couple of oil sheiks/oligarchs with endless piles of money and it's easy to see why you are so disliked.

Of course, I cam relate to that, every club would love an Sheik or Super Rich investor willing to pump money into the club, it rarely happens at the very biggest clubs as there current market value far exceeds what someone could invest for an expect a profit.

Ourselves and City were both for relatively cheap compared to what you'd pay for Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool ocer the last 10 or 5 years respectively.

We came with a good history, nothing spectular before Roman came in, we're located in one of the most ideal locations in one of Europe's elites city and we had a recent tradition of attracting good foreign players, albit at the end of their careers.

There was always a chance with the right formula of money + players = success, luckily for us Roman has bought some fine players and managers, as well as sacking the best in the business and buying a few lemons his investment has brought him a lot of success in a decade.

He may never get his money back but he doesnt look like hes interested in doing so and is happy to pump money into the club to help it grow locally and globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's for implementing FFP in the league also? There was some discussion few months back about implementing FFP in the league as well, City, Everton and IIRC Chelsea didn't sign up for it.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's for implementing FFP in the league also? There was some discussion few months back about implementing FFP in the league as well, City, Everton and IIRC Chelsea didn't sign up for it.

Aaahh, I get ya.

Speaking for Chelsea, we should meet UEFA's regulations for F.F.P. which in turn should make us eligible for any potential English FA guidelines within reason, all depends on what the break down thy want.

They say stricter then UEFA's F.F.P. but would UEFA not have a say in that matter of implying new regulations at a national level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Has the letter even been confirmed as being genuine?

Just seems odd that if it was meant as a proper joint statement that they would just be an add on at the end of a letter sent on what looks like Arsenal headed paper.

Even the little bit where "for" is added in pen looks dodgy.

So far as I can see it has nothing much to do with fair play. This really is a blueprint for the big to stay big and the small to stay small. When Roman took over at Chelsea he spent a huge amount of money. Some on facilities such as Cobham and an awful lot on players. With the exception of certain taxes and agent fees all of that money stayed inside of football and should have helped other clubs to develop, that it did not is not Romans fault.

How is FPP going to help the development of football in Spain, Barca and RM are now being institutionalised and it will become neigh on impossible for any club to match them. Liverpool and their supporters really need to be careful here Arsenal & ManU have their very large grounds, Spurs have their plans on the table I believe. If we can get a site or local council approval we will have our nice big ground as well. I have no doubt if City want a bigger ground once what ever lease there may be runs out they can afford to buy one. That possibly will leave 5 clubs in England capable of generating huge amounts of money. Clubs such as Liverpool, Everton and such like will be just left behind and it is difficult to see when they may be capable of getting back to former glorious days.

And as I have said on many previous occasions it would be a major benefit if people took the time to read posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Has the letter even been confirmed as being genuine?

Just seems odd that if it was meant as a proper joint statement that they would just be an add on at the end of a letter sent on what looks like Arsenal headed paper.

Even the little bit where "for" is added in pen looks dodgy.

It's the Daily Mail, there is no way its fake* at all.

* More then likely very fake.

So far as I can see it has nothing much to do with fair play. This really is a blueprint for the big to stay big and the small to stay small. When Roman took over at Chelsea he spent a huge amount of money. Some on facilities such as Cobham and an awful lot on players. With the exception of certain taxes and agent fees all of that money stayed inside of football and should have helped other clubs to develop, that it did not is not Romans fault.

How is FPP going to help the development of football in Spain, Barca and RM are now being institutionalised and it will become neigh on impossible for any club to match them. Liverpool and their supporters really need to be careful here Arsenal & ManU have their very large grounds, Spurs have their plans on the table I believe. If we can get a site or local council approval we will have our nice big ground as well. I have no doubt if City want a bigger ground once what ever lease there may be runs out they can afford to buy one. That possibly will leave 5 clubs in England capable of generating huge amounts of money. Clubs such as Liverpool, Everton and such like will be just left behind and it is difficult to see when they may be capable of getting back to former glorious days.

And as I have said on many previous occasions it would be a major benefit if people took the time to read posts.

Just give us another £50m then. I promise that this time we will spend it on someone that is an actual footballer. :)

To be honest I agree with a lot of what is in your post. The only bit I disagree with is the income that Liverpool football club makes. As a club it is in a quite a healthy position in terms of incoming finances, and come the summer a number of new (and hefty) sponsorship deals will be starting. Liverpool off the pitch in recent years have started to perform in a manner quite unlike what gets seen on the pitch, and it would appear that on that front things will be on the up and up for some time.

The stadium issue is a fair point, and one that I wish was put to bed with one option or another being started upon, but as a Liverpool supporter I cannot whinge about how the club is financially.

Also as a Liverpool supporter I am not going to complain about Chelsea having Roman as an owner or City having the Sheik, because I know damn well if Roman had chosen red over blue when he came to England that I would not have complained in the slightest. I am also very aware of what it was like to support a club that has more financial clout than most other clubs as that was what Liverpool FC was like in the 70's and 80's, so it would be churlish of me to slag off or dismiss Chelsea and City for being able to buy the best and pay big bucks for them, when I was happy to see my own club do the same once upon a time.

Everton I actually often feel a pang of sympathy for, because I grew up with them as the main threat to my team, and I grew up with Everton being one of the top dogs. For obvious reasons Everton will always be my club's greatest rival, and that a club's own level of greatness is based upon besting that of it's greatest rival. So seeing Everton having a genuine lack of financial clout is not something I relish as I want them strong for my team to have a nemisis. I do think that of the clubs you named in your post that they are the one standing on thin ice and that FPP, if it goes as many fear it will, will be of no benefit to them as there will always be a push, as pointed out by yourself, by the big to remain big.

If the letter is genuine then yes there is no noble cause behind it. All it would be is an attempt by the few to avoid sharing the through with the new financial powers.

It is as I said from the Daily Mail so pass the salt there chaps, your man Martin Samuel does seem to have taken the bait though here is a follow up piece. He seems upset or else a very slow day, as big brother would say you decide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cannot understand the logic of bring Paulo on in those circumstances totally ridiculous. JT needed a run and as the game was won protecting Ba was reasonable but Paulo is 33 cant see him being here next season Ake is one for the future and 10 minutes against Stoke would have been a good learning curve for him.

I am not sure our interim likes the three amigo's playing together so Oscar may be on the bench.

Ferreira is still at Chelsea?:eek:

How long was his last contract?

dfx- wrote: »

He most have dirt on Roman or something, only reason I can see him still in the squad. :pac:

Unless he signed an extension in the last year or two, his contract runs out next month as his most recent contract that I can find details off was a five year one signed in Febuary of 2008.

Chelsea fans will be able to put me right on that either way.

• Advertisement

I'm open to correction but most contracts will run from season to season , depending on the country, so in england its usually the end of June.

So in all possibilty he more then likely signed a 5 1/2 year contract bringing him up until end of June 2013.

I'm open to correction but apart from rolling contracts and month to month contracts it wouldnt be the norm for a players contract to be up midway through the season, especially in the EPL.

Benitez is odds on to be the next Permanent Chelsea manager
    Has anyone told Orlando Wellington that? He has been doing really well for the 27 months he has been manager.

http://www.berekumchelsea.com/category/the-club/management/

Now see what you have done by saying who is to be the next permanent Chelsea manager.....

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/jonas-amissah-quits-berekum-chelsea/?

Idle talk and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've aalways had a strange affinity for Paolo. Must be his George Clooney esque good looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Falcao tweeted that he's joining us in the summer then removed it

smuckers wrote: »
    Falcao tweeted that he's joining us in the summer then removed it

Maybe a mistake? :confused:

Although Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Falcao.

Drool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Maybe a mistake? :confused:

Although Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Falcao.

Drool.

Let me help you there... ;)

• Advertisement

Let me help you there... ;)

But will Lukaku stay around ad play 3rd choice to Ba and Falcao? I'd doubt it.

So if we lose Torres and Lukkau for another loan we're back with 2 strikers, now they're both good options to have but if one gets injured we're foooooked.

Lets sign him first and then worry about it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just give us another £50m then. I promise that this time we will spend it on someone that is an actual footballer. :)

To be honest I agree with a lot of what is in your post. The only bit I disagree with is the income that Liverpool football club makes. As a club it is in a quite a healthy position in terms of incoming finances, and come the summer a number of new (and hefty) sponsorship deals will be starting. Liverpool off the pitch in recent years have started to perform in a manner quite unlike what gets seen on the pitch, and it would appear that on that front things will be on the up and up for some time.

The stadium issue is a fair point, and one that I wish was put to bed with one option or another being started upon, but as a Liverpool supporter I cannot whinge about how the club is financially.

Also as a Liverpool supporter I am not going to complain about Chelsea having Roman as an owner or City having the Sheik, because I know damn well if Roman had chosen red over blue when he came to England that I would not have complained in the slightest. I am also very aware of what it was like to support a club that has more financial clout than most other clubs as that was what Liverpool FC was like in the 70's and 80's, so it would be churlish of me to slag off or dismiss Chelsea and City for being able to buy the best and pay big bucks for them, when I was happy to see my own club do the same once upon a time.

Everton I actually often feel a pang of sympathy for, because I grew up with them as the main threat to my team, and I grew up with Everton being one of the top dogs. For obvious reasons Everton will always be my club's greatest rival, and that a club's own level of greatness is based upon besting that of it's greatest rival. So seeing Everton having a genuine lack of financial clout is not something I relish as I want them strong for my team to have a nemisis. I do think that of the clubs you named in your post that they are the one standing on thin ice and that FPP, if it goes as many fear it will, will be of no benefit to them as there will always be a push, as pointed out by yourself, by the big to remain big.

If the letter is genuine then yes there is no noble cause behind it. All it would be is an attempt by the few to avoid sharing the through with the new financial powers.

Kess didn't mean Liverpool are a small club now but money certainly tight there. If (and only if) ManU Chelsea et al were consistently pulling in >60k crowds whilst Liverpool and all other teams where they are now as time goes on it would become more and more difficult to compete. Of course Liverpool and Everton may have a way out by building a stadium and sharing. I am fairly certain that would be the implication of this measure.

But overall yea the whole thing if true is dangerous for football as a whole. I much prefer a league where there are possibilities for various teams to win it, until not too long ago there was always 4 teams that could have a serious chance at the premier league at the start of the season. In Spain for some time it has been Madrid or Barca, I prefer half a dozen good strong teams far more interesting and exciting. How will the FFP achieve that, simply put it won't

Seeing as we're over half way through the season whats your thoughts on the Chelsea players so far.

Player of the season :

Signing of the season :

Underperformer of the season :

Goal of the season :

Mine are

Mata
    Moses
    Marin
    Torres v Newcastle

• Advertisement

Skyitalia reporting the pep has agreed to be the next Bayern Munich manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Seeing as we're over half way through the season whats your thoughts on the Chelsea players so far.

Mine are

Mata
    Moses
    Marin
    Torres v Newcastle

Can't argue with them selections, although goal of the season I'll give to Hazard against Stoke.

Moses has been really good,been very impressed with him.

peteeeed wrote: »

Wouldnt be the end of the world if we managed to get Jose instead.
    Johner wrote: »
    Can't argue with them selections, although goal of the season I'll give to Hazard against Stoke.

Moses has been really good,been very impressed with him.

I was thinking of the Hazard goal but just gave it to Torres as it was more important at the time, taking nothing away from Hazard's strike on his weaker :eek: left leg.

Ya really impressed with Moses, at £7 million he could be bargain of the season for us, gives everything and offers balance and a threat down the right.

French radio rmc saying falcao has agreed to join Chelsea at the end of the season http://www.actusports.fr/28191/info-rmc-falcao-en-premier-league/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Looking around on twitter people seem be saying that rmc are respected and its their Spain based reporter who reported about falcao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Player of the season : Juan Mata

Signing of the season : Eden Hazard

Underperformer of the season : Nando (decent but still misfiring; was gonna say Marin but he's not been given much chance)

Goal of the season : Oscar v. Juventus (the screamer)

One to watch out for anyway.

since signing Ba we should be looking at our other weakness CM, get one in soon.

He cut a little bit of hair. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thank god he didn't cut it all off. :pac:

BAWVLl0CMAA-bNd.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Thank god he didn't cut it all off. :pac:

BAWVLl0CMAA-bNd.jpg:large

He looks like Jason Segel :eek:

jason-segel-premiere-this-is-40-02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'd love if it was true. The worlds best CF at our club with the players we have behind him? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads those tweets are fake unfortunatley, only the other day there was one for Wilfred Zaha saying he was joinging Man U & a couple of weeks ago one for David Villa saying he was going to City.

Player of the year: Mata

Signing of the season: Oscar

Underperformer : Torres

Goal of the season: Hazard against Villa or Ramires against United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Player of the year: Mata

Signing of the season: Moses

Underperformer : Torres

Goal of the season: Oscar Champions League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I remember reading something somewhere that both he and Hilario are important players in the dressing room. Well liked, good professionals that don't complain about playing time.
    I'd doubt they're on major money, but at least they decent enough when called upon.

At Barca, their sub keeper Pinto, 37, got a contract extension purely because he was Messi's best friend at the club. Despite barely playing since joining in 2008!

Mine are

Mata
    Moses
    Marin
    Torres v Newcastle

Mine would be

Mata
    Hazard
    Torres
    Oscar v Juve

peteeeed wrote: »

Being denied that but would not surprise me at all, except of course a year in NY to improve his English how good is his German :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

exact quote from my Facebook... oh how I miss being drunk:
    Whatever about the poor defence of the title, whatever about the luck and whatever about anything else... How in the name of christ did Chelsea win the Champions league last year? absolutely ****ing amazing is the only word for it. and the hero of the hour Didier "St. Didier" Drogba conceded a penalty in both the semi final against Barca and the final against Bayern and both were missed/saved. Jesus christ, what bottle, what conviction just what brilliance. Best night of my life ever so far. No way will it ever be topped. Wedding day? child being born? pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. CHELSEA FC CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!! GET IN THERE!

(yes I am watching the Sky plus-ed run of the Champions League and yes it is 7am and yes I am a sad eejit and yes Didier Drogba. Just yes. and yes it is 8 months later and yes I am still ****ing on about it but I will be ****ing on about this until the day I die so get used to it. I love football I love Chelsea I love it all)

Goodnight, good morning, and that's the way it is...

• Advertisement

I hope for the sake of my Fantasy Football team that Mata, Ba and Ivanovic all start tomorrow night, oh and it should increase our chances of winning also.

Anyone know if we're on the T.V. or will we have to take to the internet for our fix?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement