Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I hope for the sake of my Fantasy Football team that Mata, Ba and Ivanovic all start tomorrow night, oh and it should increase our chances of winning also.

Anyone know if we're on the T.V. or will we have to take to the internet for our fix?

Not on the major channels anyway, I think it'll be a world wide web job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Might try find a bar for it, wifi is acting up recently, by al accounts we should be winning this but I said the same for QPR and Southampton.

Had we beat QPR, we'd only be 4 points behind them going into tonights game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Mata, Ba, sideshow, Lambert and Shaw for me though Shaw is doubtful apparently only bought him last week for these two matches, cheek of him.

Rumor around the camp fire Marin and Piazon off on loan this month. Dont know where Marin supposed to be going but Piazon off to Malaga apparently, possibly good for him but I am sure he is good enough fopr the premier league as it stands.

Mata, Ba, sideshow, Lambert and Shaw for me though Shaw is doubtful apparently only bought him last week for these two matches, cheek of him.

Rumor around the camp fire Marin and Piazon off on loan this month. Dont know where Marin supposed to be going but Piazon off to Malaga apparently, possibly good for him but I am sure he is good enough fopr the premier league as it stands.

Piazon to Malaga could be a sweetner for us to go after Isco.

All speculation of course. :)

Piazon to Malaga could be a sweetner for us to go after Isco.

All speculation of course. :)

Yea only that:D:, Patrick Bamford tweeted the Piazon thing a little while ago so the link to Malaga may have something in it.

I must say it is getting very annoying the lack of opportunity young players get at Chelsea. This guy looks pretty good yet not even on the bench against Swans despite Ba having a niggle and Torres being sick. On Saturday game won and Paulo gets a run Ake left kicking his heels on the bench.

• Advertisement

Yea only that:D:, Patrick Bamford tweeted the Piazon thing a little while ago so the link to Malaga may have something in it.

I must say it is getting very annoying the lack of opportunity young players get at Chelsea. This guy looks pretty good yet not even on the bench against Swans despite Ba having a niggle and Torres being sick. On Saturday game won and Paulo gets a run Ake left kicking his heels on the bench.

Oh ya I agree with ya, we have some decent to good talent coming through but the problem with chelsea and it always will be until someone comes in long term is that a manager doesnt want to risk it by playing a young guy, short term success is what Roman wants and it can only be achieved by playing the best players.

Now, I agree and it was one of my main gripes was bringing on P.Ferriera, why would ya bring him on for a 10 minute cameo whena young guy is on the bench and probably thinking to himself at 4-0 and 1 sub left he might get a run out only for P.Ferriera to be called upon.

Hopefully against Southampton we'll be out of sight by half time and Ake or Piazon, if they're on the bench, can get some game time.

The way we are playing at home we may be out of site, but lets hope it is us winning...........

Marin off to QPR apparently nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

If Piazon does head off for some winter sun we really need someone in we cant just have Ba and Torres as our forwards till the end of the season even if Moses can slot in there in an emergency. That really means we just have Ba until the end of the season really.

Well a premier league loan could be good for Marin, get him some game time, although I'm not sure would he be lost in their huge squad.

I'd also rather Pazon got some loan time if it allowed him to play games.

At the moment hes not going to get many games with us between now and the end of the season.

Moses could do a job, he started reall well for us so far and hes only going to get better.

We should be ok with Ba, Torres, Moses and maybe Hazard/Mata as a false number 9 but the rest of the team would have to work really hard to back them up if we were that stuck upfront.

Dont disagree that Marin may benefit from loan at a Premier League club just not QPR, purely personal.

Saw this somewhere else never really thought about it until then, following could be our squad in 3 years;

GK - Cech, Courtois
    DL - Bertrand, Van Aanholt
    DC - Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic, Ake, Kalas
    DR - Azpilicueta, Wallace
    CM/DM - Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, MacEachran, Chalobah,
    AM - Oscar, Hazard, Mata, De Bruyne, Moses, Piazon, Marin
    ST - Ba, Lukaku, Feruz

That should do a fair bit for our FFP we could actually go a season or two with no transfers in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dont disagree that Marin may benefit from loan at a Premier League club just not QPR, purely personal.

Saw this somewhere else never really thought about it until then, following could be our squad in 3 years;

GK - Cech, Courtois
    DL - Bertrand, Van Aanholt
    DC - Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic, Ake, Kalas
    DR - Azpilicueta, Wallace
    CM/DM - Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, MacEachran, Chalobah,
    AM - Oscar, Hazard, Mata, De Bruyne, Moses, Piazon, Marin
    ST - Ba, Lukaku, Feruz

That should do a fair bit for our FFP we could actually go a season or two with no transfers in.
    so is bruma at hamburg not doing so well . thought he was a good prospect

• Advertisement

We're going to be adding another striker to that list and potentially another CM, also a new manager may look at the CB's and decide they want someone to fill in there.

It does look good on paper but 3 years is a long time in football, we'll have to wait and see I guess. :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    so is bruma at hamburg not doing so well . thought he was a good prospect

Only played 9 games so far this season in a struggling Hamburg team and only 5 of those starting, last season started 22 games.Still only 21 so mtime yet I guess. Kalas supposed to be doing really well though

We're going to be adding another striker to that list and potentially another CM, also a new manager may look at the CB's and decide they want someone to fill in there.

It does look good on paper but 3 years is a long time in football, we'll have to wait and see I guess. :)

Yep it certainly does but as they say the game is played on grass (generally).

Also any new manager/s 3 years we talking here so most likely more than one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Snippet from Football365's Gossip column:
    Chelsea are closing in on £5.5million Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

From Talksport
    Chelsea youngster Lucas Piazon is heading to Malaga on loan for the rest of the season.
    The Brazilian attacker, likened to Kaka by people back in his homeland, has yet to fully break into the Chelsea team.
    He has made just three appearances this season and the club want him to get more experience playing regularly.
    Malaga have come forward and offered the 18-year-old a deal, which is likely to be formalised this week.

Good for Piazon, his technical ability should flourish, but with Malaga doing really well in La Liga he may also struggle to break into their team,hope he does and play a few games between and the end of the season.

Congrats to Gary & Gemma Cahill on a new centre half in 20 years time Leo.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3041307/title/cahills-baby-joy-before-bridge-return?

I was wondering why Cahill wasnt starting.

G'luck to him with his newest addition to the family.

Might throw money on him to score against Southampton, chances are he'll have something printed on a shirt just incase. :pac:

Cahill is 9/2 A/T with Betfred, couldnt find a Chelsea/Cahill wincast on the mobile app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

That Piazon loan seems very strange. Really can't see where he'll fit into that team. Surely it's only worth going out on loan if the player is going to get game time. You've thought we learned that lesson with McEachran at Swansea last season.
    The only way this makes sense is if it's part of a deal for Isco, but I'd be surprised. Here's hoping anyway!

• Advertisement

Martin Atkinson for Arsenal match apparently.

Piazon loan confirmed apparently by our interim

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/benitez-confirms-piazon-loan-move?

blue-army wrote: »
    That Piazon loan seems very strange. Really can't see where he'll fit into that team. Surely it's only worth going out on loan if the player is going to get game time. You've thought we learned that lesson with McEachran at Swansea last season.
    The only way this makes sense is if it's part of a deal for Isco, but I'd be surprised. Here's hoping anyway!

That was my thoughts, unless it involves a future transfer with Piazon and cash going to Malaga for Isco it seems like a strange one.
    Martin Atkinson for Arsenal match apparently.

Piazon loan confirmed apparently by our interim

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/benitez-confirms-piazon-loan-move?

Atkinson? Not the worse, have we had Clattenburg since the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads in fairness, there's more hope for Piazon to get u run in the Malaga team than there is in the Chelsea team.

I was literally only thinking yesterday about Piazon and a loan deal, I thought Fulham would be a good place for him to go. I think it will be a good deal, even if he doesn't play week in week out it still beats playing reserve team football.

Realistically do you's see anyone else coming in before the transfer window closes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Atkinson? Not the worse, have we had Clattenburg since the incident?

I doubt he'll do a Chelsea game for a long time

amiable wrote: »
    I doubt he'll do a Chelsea game for a long time

Long time no see. :D

I'd agree, probably wont be until next season, but even at that I can imagine he'll have a good portion of the stadium on his back if he does get a Chelsea game again.

Everyone makes mistakes and some of his decision that day were questionable that day but hes usually one of the better officials in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lot of talk on twitter that Valnencia have signed Iago Aspas for €10 million on a 5 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone watch Aspas regularly?what kind of forward is he?

One of the things you notice is he likes to make sure the referee sees when he is fouled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Atkinson. :D

martin_atklinson-is-a-blue.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Atkinson. :D

martin_atklinson-is-a-blue.jpg

;) Ah where would we be without ManU chat sites :D saw that after we beat then 2-1 a few years back and they seemed to think Sideshow should have had red but Vidic did ha you got to love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone else worried about the game 2mrw. The home form just has not been good enough for a while now. And Southampton are in decent form themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the game 2mrw. The home form just has not been good enough for a while now. And Southampton are in decent form themselves

Nope :cool: Chelsea to win 4-0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Shane St. wrote: »

I think if Ba starts up front Chelsea will win this one handy, there seemed to be a confidence around the team with him up top on saturday, with torres up he is just a passenger, which must affect team morale.

Should be winning with Ba up top even with our recent home form. We need to score early though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Player of the season: Mata
    Signing of season: Hazard, and will only get better
    Underperformer of the season: Torres, the goals have papered over his poor performances, has regressed badly
    Goal of the season: Oscar vs Juve, pure genius

So It's Brentford in the 4th round of the FA cup

Derby

Should be a decent win well 2 or 3 nil any how's. Ba will be key if he is rested to start against Arsenal on Sunday I think we will indeed struggle, I think the midfield players had a little more room to operate on Saturday because Ba made room for them. I think Drogger would have been devastating with our current midfield which only goes to show how bad Torres has become.

If Ba does start tomorrow will he start against Arsenal and Swansea as well? Because I think the only chance we have in Welsh Wales is starting a full attacking side led by Ba, even then it could be close. And we need to win all league matches until we meet City to start putting pressure on them.

amiable wrote: »

Derby

No it is the Bees Derby playing Blackburn :-)

My first team against my second team a draw followed by a close Chelsea win will be just the job

• Advertisement

Southampton's Luke shaw admitting he's a Chelsea fan in a Q&A on twitter tonight https://twitter.com/luke_shaw3/status/291300326567456768

Just came across this report

http://aovivo.slbenfica.pt/noticias/detalhedenoticia/tabid/790/articleid/26937/language/en-us/matic-extends-contract-with-benfica-until-2018.aspx

A minimum release of €45m, I know this guy was really highly rated whe we had on loan in Holland. Are we ever going to give young lads a chance?

No it is the Bees Derby playing Blackburn :-)

My first team against my second team a draw followed by a close Chelsea win will be just the job

He means its a derby match. :P Brentford is very close to Stamford Bridge.

Johner wrote: »

He means its a derby match. :P Brentford is very close to Stamford Bridge.

Yea I know Johner just a quip. Spent many an afternoon or evening at Griffin Park or Stamford Bridge in my time, still think one of the best ever cup matches I saw was a 0-0 draw in the third round many years ago when Brentford played Bolton strangely.

Yea I know Johner just a quip. Spent many an afternoon or evening at Griffin Park or Stamford Bridge in my time, still think one of the best ever cup matches I saw was a 0-0 draw in the third round many years ago when Brentford played Bolton strangely.

I'd say there will be a great atmosphere for this game even though there isn't really a strong rivalry as such. You going to try get a ticket for this one? They will probably do it on loyalty points actually as the demand will be so high.

Guillem Balague says Pep is talking to Bayern....... he seems to be in the know with Pep

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_8399346,00.html

I want Jose!:pac:

Yep me too, ya never know it might just happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Should be a decent win well 2 or 3 nil any how's. Ba will be key if he is rested to start against Arsenal on Sunday I think we will indeed struggle, I think the midfield players had a little more room to operate on Saturday because Ba made room for them. I think Drogger would have been devastating with our current midfield which only goes to show how bad Torres has become.

If Ba does start tomorrow will he start against Arsenal and Swansea as well? Because I think the only chance we have in Welsh Wales is starting a full attacking side led by Ba, even then it could be close. And we need to win all league matches until we meet City to start putting pressure on them.

I'd expect Ba to get 60 minutes tomorrow night. I'd also expect You lot to have the game won by then. 4-0, Lampard and Mata to get one and Ba to get the other two.

If Rafa was smart he would definitely start Lampard and Ba to get the crowd sort of on his side and up for it tomorrow night.

S28382 wrote: »
    Guillem Balague says Pep is talking to Bayern....... he seems to be in the know with Pep

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_8399346,00.html
    but yet he's on the bbc news saying ' i want to manage in the premier league' this morning

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement