Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

A Dalglish will never happen under Roman as that kind of results they be packed off.
    Hope Chelsea wrap up 4th and win both finals.
    Next year a few youths brought into the team from the academy and a title run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

gavredking wrote: »
    Contributers to the last thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2056302900

Lets try get more discussion going. :pac:

I don't really post much in general....surprised I even managed 71 posts in the last thread. It's a target to beat at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Guardiola leaving barca? We can proudly say we ended the era of Pep dominance.

RDM for Barca I say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Well I'll start off trying to beat my 4 posts:o in the previous thread with this post of outrage.

I think the players banned for the final (from both squads) is a disgrace. UEFA have just released a statement saying that the rules are established before the competion starts and cannot be changed.
    This of course is fair enough and difficult to argue with, but I'll still say i think it's a load of BS. Would it really be too difficult to allow this so that both teams can field their best squad? and we can all enjoy the best possible game of football.
    It smacks of some jobsworth that has never even kicked a ball sitting in his office deciding to ruin what will quite possibly be the highlight of the players career.

Does anybody know if there is some sort of online petiton through maybe our or Bayerns supporters clubs that may address this situation?.
    I know it would probably be as useless as tits on a bull,but it would still be nice to put my name on something that says how i feel.

PS I'm obviously only talking about the yellow carded players and not our knobhead captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

ah lads !!

I've spent the evening teaching the Missus the words to "Carefree", and She is singing it back to me....

I'm in tears...

does it get better than this?

as I've said many many times...

LOVE CHELSEA!

PURE, UNADULTERATED LOVE.

Good times or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Teach her the Celery song next!
    Tigerbaby wrote: »
    ah lads !!

I've spent the evening teaching the Missus the words to "Carefree", and She is singing it back to me....

I'm in tears...

does it get better than this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Will Chelsea be more expansive against Bayern?

The tactics will have to be different. Bayern play more off the wing, so we can't defend like against Barca. Luiz and Cole can do a bit of running. Our midfield can hold up well too. Real pity about Ramires. Back to Kalou? Or tell Sturridge to cross - at gunpoint if necessary!

Anybody else think Mourinho has really aged in the last year? The stress at RM must be next to unbearable. Esp if some of the squad is against him. Maybe he needs a break more than Guardiola.

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    Anybody else think Mourinho has really aged in the last year? The stress at RM must be next to unbearable. Esp if some of the squad is against him. Maybe he needs a break more than Guardiola.

Mourinho is in the management game a bit longer then Pep though so it would be understandable.

Marca reports Barca have offered him a blank cheque, but that he's likelier to go than stay: http://www.marca.com/2012/04/26/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1335443214.html?a=0726ee89474dd230d996172534edf321&t=1335479682

I wouldnt expect Pep to be joining us anytime soon. Maybe a break from management and back to Barca then.

Pressure became to much for him and he pulled a legger, couldnt handle losing La Liga and UCL crowns. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Dont know who next manager will be but I hope its not Pep, too much sour history between us and Barca for my liking. Also the absolute lack of a plan B and a very poor defence makes me wonder how good a manager he is.

Just recovering from Tuesday night think it was absolute Karma in 2009 at Stamford Bridge they had one shot on target and went through as a result of it. Was lovely to see Brady sucking lemons as well on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Di Matteo to be our manager during Guardiolas sebatical and Guardiola can sit back and relax studying our squad for when he steps in. Im not saying i want Pep but i can this happening. Di Matteo has to get the job for at least next season and see how he gets on.

We will have to be more expansive against Bayren of course but i think we have a better squad and i think we are favourits to win it. We are going to miss Ramires, him and Ivan could stop Riberi and Cole could keep Robben under wraps. Cahill and Luiz can keep Gomez quiet while Drogba will bully the Bayren defense all night.

Our only problem area i think will be our right flank as Bosi will need cover from our midfield.

Huge games coming up now thick and fast and we have to win them all.

Care free lads, we are unbeatable except for one game under di Matteo, we can do this!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAEx3AIw6KFZg_xm1JOLjTbGTt64VbF-coDTEM5QQc3hZri7E5FbWpdDA images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMVOiuLeeVbprKldi6W6CIzM8flK3YsgnsTZwzRQ4W9kgCUBDJgvLLwks

• Advertisement

Dont know who next manager will be but I hope its not Pep, too much sour history between us and Barca for my liking. Also the absolute lack of a plan B and a very poor defence makes me wonder how good a manager he is.

Just recovering from Tuesday night think it was absolute Karma in 2009 at Stamford Bridge they had one shot on target and went through as a result of it. Was lovely to see Brady sucking lemons as well on Wednesday night.

I do think thats a little unfair on Barca and Pep. There a fine squad but when your Plan A is so good you very rarely have to rely on a Plan B.

His defence at Barca we're always a little suspect but because their very rarely tested its not highlighted enough. We we're one of only a tiny amount of clubs that managed to expose their lack of quality at the back all the while holding them out, its very hard for a club to do both so succuesfully.

With the current Chelsea squad he would have a tough job, I do think he played to Barca's strengths, plenty of creative players with a good work ethic and if he was to take over our squad we suddenly wouldnt be transformed to play like Barca, thats impossible to implement but he could encourage a similar style.

I'd say give it to RDM at the moment and see where we are next year.

what a day wrote: »
    Di Matteo to be our manager during Guardiolas sebatical and Guardiola can sit back and relax studying our squad for when he steps in. Im not saying i want Pep but i can this happening. Di Matteo has to get the job for at least next season and see how he gets on.

We will have to be more expansive against Bayren of course but i think we have a better squad and i think we are favourits to win it. We are going to miss Ramires, him and Ivan could stop Riberi and Cole could keep Robben under wraps. Cahill and Luiz can keep Gomez quiet while Drogba will bully the Bayren defense all night.

Our only problem area i think will be our right flank as Bosi will need cover from our midfield.

Huge games coming up now thick and fast and we have to win them all.

Care free lads, we are unbeatable except for one game under di Matteo, we can do this!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAEx3AIw6KFZg_xm1JOLjTbGTt64VbF-coDTEM5QQc3hZri7E5FbWpdDA images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMVOiuLeeVbprKldi6W6CIzM8flK3YsgnsTZwzRQ4W9kgCUBDJgvLLwks

I'll take the one on the left, the other one can go in the bin. ;)

I hope Sideshow and Cahill are fit think they should be wrapped up in cotton wool, bubble wrap and maybe even an oxygen tent maybe let them have half an hour to get rid of some cobwebs last game of the season.

There is still time for UEFA to change their minds re suspensions (not for JT really stupid thing to do) I hope they do would make for a better game all round. Do cards from the group stage carry over if so maybe they should drop that next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Pep would be a disaster at chelsea, a bit like AVB version 2.0

I hope Sideshow and Cahill are fit think they should be wrapped up in cotton wool, bubble wrap and maybe even an oxygen tent maybe let them have half an hour to get rid of some cobwebs last game of the season.

There is still time for UEFA to change their minds re suspensions (not for JT really stupid thing to do) I hope they do would make for a better game all round. Do cards from the group stage carry over if so maybe they should drop that next season.

Luiz is meant to be back this weekend but we shouldnt need him against QPR at the Bridge.

Listen out for RDM press conference and all will become clear, if Cahill doesnt play a part in the Blackburn game I'd be seriously worried about his chances for the UCL Final.

Edit : No, the yellow's in the group stages are wiped clear for the round of 16 onwards, but from the round of 16 nwards, its 3 yellows mean you miss the next game.

I do think thats a little unfair on Barca and Pep. There a fine squad but when your Plan A is so good you very rarely have to rely on a Plan B.

His defence at Barca we're always a little suspect but because their very rarely tested its not highlighted enough. We we're one of only a tiny amount of clubs that managed to expose their lack of quality at the back all the while holding them out, its very hard for a club to do both so succuesfully.

With the current Chelsea squad he would have a tough job, I do think he played to Barca's strengths, plenty of creative players with a good work ethic and if he was to take over our squad we suddenly wouldnt be transformed to play like Barca, thats impossible to implement but he could encourage a similar style.

I'd say give it to RDM at the moment and see where we are next year.

I'll take the one on the left, the other one can go in the bin. ;)

I would have to admit for a passionate dislike for Barca, the initial blow up with Jose (who was proved correct later), the obscene refereeing decisions they get such as our Norwegian friend and the dive last Tuesday, the sending's off in their favour (RvP sending off was the worst by far but Del Horno not far behind).

Nope would be more than happy if we have nothing to do them ever (sorry Oriol)

• Advertisement

Luiz is meant to be back this weekend but we shouldnt need him against QPR at the Bridge.

Listen out for RDM press conference and all will become clear, if Cahill doesnt play a part in the Blackburn game I'd be seriously worried about his chances for the UCL Final.

Edit : No, the yellow's in the group stages are wiped clear for the round of 16 onwards, but from the round of 16 nwards, its 3 yellows mean you miss the next game.

Thanks for that 3 yellows in 6 matches not really harsh then is it. Feel sorry for the lads on both sides who miss out all the same.

I would have to admit for a passionate dislike for Barca, the initial blow up with Jose (who was proved correct later), the obscene refereeing decisions they get such as our Norwegian friend and the dive last Tuesday, the sending's off in their favour (RvP sending off was the worst by far but Del Horno not far behind).

Nope would be more than happy if we have nothing to do them ever (sorry Oriol)

I'd be inthe same boat as yourself, I'd rather not take Pep at Chelsea as I dont think his success would be replaicated here given the players at his disposal.

I've gotten over the Barca love affair at this stage, some love the, some hate them, personally I'm in different, I dotn like how their portrayed but thats another story.
    Thanks for that 3 yellows in 6 matches not really harsh then is it. Feel sorry for the lads on both sides who miss out all the same.

It is and it isnt.

I mean if you got booked in the first and second leg of th last 16 games and then get booked in the last minute of the decond leg of the semi's while your on the verge of the Final thats just a joke.

I do believe that they should cancel them for the Semi's and bring in a system where as if you get booked in both legs you miss the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Yeah I always thought it was two, which would be quite harsh, but 3 seems fair.

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Yeah I always thought it was two, which would be quite harsh, but 3 seems fair.

AFAIK its 2 yellows in the group stages and your suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great article :

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ColumnistsDetails/0,,10268~2749452,00.html
    GILES SMITH: NOT THIS TIME
    Posted on: Thu 26 Apr 2012

Columnist Giles Smith thought he knew the script off by heart but after no ghost goals, no catalogue of turned-down penalties, no late misses nor no last-minute goals conceded, he is reconsidering that belief...

When the referee showed the red card, my son said, 'Does that mean John Terry misses the final?'

I quietly muttered that I thought that it probably meant we all missed the final.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Totally and utterly wrong. Wrong with a capital 'R'. Never wronger.

Extraordinary. Have we ever witnessed a rear-guard action like it?Ten men went to mow. In the absence of Spot. (Sent off, 37 minutes.) An incredible demonstration of spirit and determination, and practically unbearable to watch - forcing us spectators through the mangle in a manner which was surely unprecedented in a lifetime of getting mangled watching Chelsea.

Things which have gone by faster than that second half:

A seven-hour plane delay at Heathrow.

The complete box set of 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

Childhood.

Can we just recap the couple of things that went wrong - the little handful of obstacles that was lobbed into the team's path to make an away game against the Champions of Europe, a side widely agreed to be one of the most formidable of all time, just that little bit tougher?

Firstly, one of our centre backs strains a leg muscle, a matter of 12 minutes into the game, and has to come off. We'd bring on a like-for-like replacement, obviously, but we haven't got one, because he's injured. So we bring on a right back and move the first choice right back over to centre back.

Barcelona score.

Then our other centre back gets sent off.

So now, on a night when the prime mission all along has been to stop Barcelona scoring, we're down one goal, one player and two first-choice centre backs.

Everyone agrees that if you want to stop Barcelona scoring, centre backs are handy. It's in all the manuals. Ask any of the wise old heads of the game. Tell them, 'I'm thinking of stopping Barcelona scoring.' They'll narrow their eyes and furrow their brows and say, 'You'll be needing centre backs, then.' See if I'm not right.

Who among us was not fearing some kind of deluge at this point, as Terry beat his pitiful retreat down the tunnel? Was it not about to rain goals in the Nou Camp in just about the most painful manner possible?

Sure enough, the resistance lasts seven minutes. Barcelona score again. And then you're thinking, 'Ah well. There's always next year. Assuming we qualify, which is looking a bit wobbly.'

Except clearly you're not thinking that way if you're a player. And you're particularly not thinking that way if you're Ramires, who changes the game again by chipping in - surely as sublime a goal as any the Nou Camp has witnessed this season. And yet not scored by Barcelona, the world's greatest team, funnily enough.

That second half. Not at all good for the health. The Messi penalty that hit the bar, the Messi penalty that hit the post… One more woodwork-related incident and I would have been calling for a defibrillator. Assuming I still had the power to call.

And then the conclusion. People I know - thoroughly mature, sane people - found themselves watching it all again on the highlights just to make sure it really happened.

90th minute. Torres gathers the ball and sets off up the pitch. And, of course, he's going to miss. That's the story of the season, as set up, surely - the ending demanded by the combination of his lousy, lousy luck and our lousy, lousy fortune in this competition. Torres rounds the keeper, finds the photographers to the right of the goal. Barcelona go straight up the other end and score.

That's not fatalism talking. That's experience. That's what this competition has done to us down the years - events in Moscow, Iniesta at the Bridge on the night of a thousand stick-on penalty appeals, all the way back to Eidur Gudjohnsen in the dying seconds at Anfield, putting wide the volley that would have cancelled out the goal that never was. The rabbit punch to the solar plexus is what this competition has tended to specialize in, as far as we are concerned.

Chelsea v Barcelona

But not this time. Torres rolls the ball into the net and we see what was, for me, the night's defining image - the face of Frank Lampard appearing over the bundle of players on top of Torres, his face utterly transformed by the release of the tension. It spoke for what an awful lot of us were feeling at that exact moment, on our knees as we may have been, close to tears as we may have been.

I won't be alone in having spotted the potential scenario in which, having finished outside the top four in the league, we manage to qualify for next season's Champions League by beating Bayern Munich and winning it - thereby automatically disqualifying the team in fourth place. Say Spurs.

I won't be alone, either, I don't suppose, in having pondered the value of this scenario in terms of pure knockabout comedy.

However, I'm not advocating that we actively pursue it. Yes, in one sense, we are potentially just 90 minutes from being allowed to play Champions League football again next season. But we are also 4 x 90 minutes away from achieving the same objective (give or take a couple of further helpful outcomes elsewhere), so it would seem flippant not to pursue one of those two avenues just because the other one is potentially funnier.

And pursuing the 4 x 90 minutes avenue starts with beating QPR on Sunday, despite the possibility of an emotional shortfall. Of course, it's bound to seem a dizzying turn-around for the players: one minute you're seeing off Lionel Messi, the next you're finding a way to cope with Joey Barton. But that's just the way football is, and concentration must somehow be summoned.

I'd be inthe same boat as yourself, I'd rather not take Pep at Chelsea as I dont think his success would be replaicated here given the players at his disposal.

I've gotten over the Barca love affair at this stage, some love the, some hate them, personally I'm in different, I dotn like how their portrayed but thats another story.

It is and it isnt.

I mean if you got booked in the first and second leg of th last 16 games and then get booked in the last minute of the decond leg of the semi's while your on the verge of the Final thats just a joke.

I do believe that they should cancel them for the Semi's and bring in a system where as if you get booked in both legs you miss the next game.

I see your point but it is the same as getting 19 cards in a premier league season but there needs to be some form of discipline

I have to say i think the Fifa rules are fine. The players are punished for a reason but if one of the players are givin a yellow for the wrong reason the player should be able to get it overturned.

As for Pep been our new manager i dont think he would last TBH. He has an amazing squad which were brought up from keds to play the way Pep wanted them to play. I was never a fan of Barca but they are an amazing side and i admire the way the club is run.

If Pep was to be our manager i would imagine he would take at least 2 seasons before he started to show what he could to with CFC. For a start we dont have many players he would need.

Di Matteo has to get the job next season and givin funds for the summer. Even if Guardioa took charge next season Di Matteo would have to stay on with us as an understudy to learn some things from Pep.

I see your point but it is the same as getting 19 cards in a premier league season but there needs to be some form of discipline

I'm all for discipline but to miss the Final of the UCL thanks to yellows you could have picked up a round or 2 ago is silly.

They wont over turn yellows whic is unfortunate as I'd rather if we won it with our best players playing Bayerns best players.

Edit : With the EPL they tier there yellows.

5 = 1 match
    10 = 2 matches
    15 = 3 matches ( but that rule ends sometime in April)

I'm all for discipline but to miss the Final of the UCL thanks to yellows you could have picked up a round or 2 ago is silly.

They wont over turn yellows whic is unfortunate as I'd rather if we won it with our best players playing Bayerns best players.

Edit : With the EPL they tier there yellows.

5 = 1 match
    10 = 2 matches
    15 = 3 matches ( but that rule ends sometime in April)

I will be happy just to win the damn thing :D

Yea I know the more bookings the more bans senario, but if we had a player who got booked every second game you would not be best pleased with him. The bans as you outlined can be increased as well do they not have to go in front of some sort of committee after 10 also?

Still even though they said they wont would not surprise me if they did relax it as it is even stevens 3 bans each.

I will be happy just to win the damn thing :D

Yea I know the more bookings the more bans senario, but if we had a player who got booked every second game you would not be best pleased with him. The bans as you outlined can be increased as well do they not have to go in front of some sort of committee after 10 also?

Still even though they said they wont would not surprise me if they did relax it as it is even stevens 3 bans each.

We're missing 4 :(

JT, Rambo, Ivan, Meireles.

Bayern : Badstauber, Alaba, Gustavo

• Advertisement

True but I was not counting Terry as his was a red and he deserves a ban for sheer stupidity outside of anything else :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

yeah, but lets be honest, Meireles dosnt really count!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

why did we need a new thread?

This would be my Final team anyway :

Cech

Luiz
    Cahill
    Drogba----Cole

Mikel
    Essien

Kalou
    Lamps
    Mata

Torres

:pac: ;)

why did we need a new thread?

Any thread that goes over 10K Posts is locked and a new one created.

Something to do with the Spuerthreads creating problems when they went over 10K Posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So will Roman try to put a Pep in our step? (I'm sorry!:o)
    Echoing what's been said, I think RDM should be given a year's contract, see who can be brought in/moved on in the summer.

Panthro wrote: »
    So will Roman try to put a Pep in our step? (I'm sorry!:o)
    Echoing what's been said, I think RDM should be given a year's contract, see who can be brought in/moved on in the summer.

1 year contract, with a minimum expection of 4th and pushing for all cups should be the goal.

If we win a cup or two and go on to finish higher then 4th then its a success, anything outside the top 4 is a failure.

Let him do it his way and how he sees fit as the players seem to trust him.

Bit harsh - shocking passer of the ball but puts himself about and was effective at breaking up play.

This is the perfect match for the old Essien to re-emerge.

Would love to see him have one more colossal game for us.

He practically beat Valencia on his own at the Mestalla some years ago.

Cech

Luiz
    Cahill
    Drogba----Cole

Mikel
    Essien

Kalou
    Lamps
    Mata

Torres

• Advertisement

Cech

Luiz
    Cahill
    Drogba----Cole

Mikel
    Essien

Kalou
    Lamps
    Mata

Torres

Playing Drogs as a central defender may be something we have to do if we dont get Sideshow and Cahill back. Would be very surprised if they are not working on that in training.

Even though he did put in a very good shift against Barca would prefer Drogs there than Bose anywhere on the back line.

Oops may even happen on Sunday yet

Roberto Di Matteo has been speaking ahead of Sunday's clash against Queens Park Rangers at Stamford Bridge, and says that defensive duo Gary Cahill and David Luiz will miss the game through injury. Branislav Ivanovic is our only other absentee as he serves the last game of a three match suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cahill, Luiz and Ivan out for QPR match :(

Roberto Di Matteo has been speaking ahead of Sunday's clash against Queens Park Rangers at Stamford Bridge, and says that defensive duo Gary Cahill and David Luiz will miss the game through injury. Branislav Ivanovic is our only other absentee as he serves the last game of a three match suspension.

Now if only we still had Alex! Damm you AVB!

bullpost wrote: »
    Bit harsh - shocking passer of the ball but puts himself about and was effective at breaking up play.

Its not thats hes a shocking passer, I think hes one of our best, its that he gets spooked very easily, hes afraid to dwell on the ball and instead of being comfortable turning on the ball and playing a different pass, if hes faced up by someone, he plays the way hes facing wether its a good or bad pass.

Meireles has no ability to go by people, thats not his game so he naturally cant take a chance on it so sometimes he plays speculative balls that are brillant if they work or terrible if there cut out or go a stray.

At UCL level and against a team like Barca he was always going to be under huge pressure and it doesnt suit his style, while he didnt play well he burst his bollocks for the team and thats all you can ask I guess as we got the job done.

Playing Drogs as a central defender may be something we have to do if we dont get Sideshow and Cahill back. Would be very surprised if they are not working on that in training.

Even though he did put in a very good shift against Barca would prefer Drogs there than Bose anywhere on the back line.

I'm telling ya, if he wanted to fall in CB he'd do a brillant job in the EPL.

Hes our best defender from set pieces, the ball is a magnet to his head, hes quick, extremly powerful and a beast in the air.

As absurd as it sounds if Luiz and Cahill dont make it, and I think Luiz will at least, Drogba at CB against the much bigger presence of Gomez would be miles better then Bosingwa ever would.

Gomez is as big a threat from the air as he is if he gets a chance at his feet.

Also , lets not forget this:

Its not thats hes a shocking passer, I think hes one of our best, its that he gets spooked very easily, hes afraid to dwell on the ball and instead of being comfortable turning on the ball and playing a different pass, if hes faced up by someone, he plays the way hes facing wether its a good or bad pass.

Meireles has no ability to go by people, thats not his game so he naturally cant take a chance on it so sometimes he plays speculative balls that are brillant if they work or terrible if there cut out or go a stray.

At UCL level and against a team like Barca he was always going to be under huge pressure and it doesnt suit his style, while he didnt play well he burst his bollocks for the team and thats all you can ask I guess as we got the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In all honesty, against QPR I'd look at a back four of:
    Paulo--Bosingwa--Terry--Cole (or switch Paulo to CB/Bos to RB)
    or
    Bosingwa--Essien--Terry--Cole

Oops may even happen on Sunday yet

So even against QPR we'll likely see Bosingwa at CB. Well at least we have one fit CB.

Anyone fancy a young guy to step up?

Paolo F---Bosingwa---JT---Cole

Could have Hutchinson/Chaloblah on the bench for this game, maybe Chaloblah has a chance of playing at CB next to JT.

Panthro wrote: »
    In all honesty, I'd look at a back four of:
    Paulo--Bosingwa--Terry--Cole (or switch Paulo to CB/Bos to RB)
    or
    Bosingwa--Essien--Terry--Cole

I've seen milk turn faster then that CB partnership :pac:

For the QPR game

Cech
    Bosingwa--Terry--Essien--Cole
    Mikel---Lampard
    Kalou
    Mata
    Malouda
    Torres

Id have Bertrand and Cholabha on the bench.
    If we are comfortable in the second half id take off Cole and Mata
    Even Take off Cahill for Cholabha, the kid is years ahead of himself!

bullpost wrote: »
    Also , lets not forget this:

He has great technique to hit a ball.

He hit a shot in the 1st leg that the keeper did well to turn around, it arrowed goal wards from about 30 yards out.

Hes not the worse of them Meireles but he can be very frustrating as it looks like hes not bothered at times.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement