Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just came across this report

http://aovivo.slbenfica.pt/noticias/detalhedenoticia/tabid/790/articleid/26937/language/en-us/matic-extends-contract-with-benfica-until-2018.aspx

A minimum release of €45m, I know this guy was really highly rated whe we had on loan in Holland. Are we ever going to give young lads a chance?

Did he not go as part of either the Ramires or Luiz deal? either way I think we improved on what we got compared to what we sent out, unless Matic turns into an excellent player.
    S28382 wrote: »
    Guillem Balague says Pep is talking to Bayern....... he seems to be in the know with Pep

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_8399346,00.html[URL][/url]

Never ever trust what Balague says, if he's to be believed, he IDK with EVERY Spanish professional footballer/Coach.
    I'd expect Ba to get 60 minutes tomorrow night. I'd also expect You lot to have the game won by then. 4-0, Lampard and Mata to get one and Ba to get the other two.

If Rafa was smart he would definitely start Lampard and Ba to get the crowd sort of on his side and up for it tomorrow night.

This, we should be up and out sight well by 60-65 minutes, then we can rest for the Arsenal match but with this game inhand we have to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If Pep does go to Bayern then who do we employ as our permanent manager? Mourinho is a long shot, personally I think that Mourinho and Pep aside, Rafa is as good as any other candidate out there and should be given the job on a permanent basis.

Courtois happy to stay on loan at Atletico, and why wouldnt he with all the games he's getting over there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263179/Chelsea-keeper-Thibaut-Courtois-keen-extend-loan-spell-Atletico-Madrid.html
    I am Chelsea player, but I am happy here,' he told AS. 'I’ll have to see what is best for them but I would be very happy if I stayed here for another year.

I still haven’t spoken to Chelsea though. If I can’t play for them, then Atletico is the best club I can be at.

It would be important for me and the club to make the Champions League next season. I am very happy here.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Courtois happy to stay on loan at Atletico, and why wouldnt he with all the games he's getting over there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263179/Chelsea-keeper-Thibaut-Courtois-keen-extend-loan-spell-Atletico-Madrid.html

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

i remember reading an interview with him last season where he said he's happily stay on loan for 4 or 5 years as long as he took over from cech when he was ready to take over the no.1 jersey at chelsea . very level headed and most importantly a huge talent

As long as we dont go and sign another keeper he's a shoe in to be the long term replacement for Cech.

Blackman is doing well and maybe 3rd chioce next year behind Turnbull but unless he goes on lona to get experience he'll never reach the levels of Courtios, who for me is one of the best young keepers in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If Courtios is not going to be used by us regularly next season then perhaps a loan to a Premier League club may be more beneficial unless AM are playing champions league football (as seems likely to be fair). I think the season Hart spent at Birmingham was very good for him and it would be interesting to see how Courtois copes playing in the Premier League, if this happens a London club would be ideal get him used to London life as well. Perhaps the happy hammers even.

If Atletico get UCL ball I cant see any reason for him to come back to the EPL unless its to be our number 1.

At Ateltico he'll get at UCL experience next year and playing in Spain pushing for a UCL place again for the following year, if he came back and went to a mid table, relegation threatened team, yes he'd get experience in the EPL but the level he would be playing would be less then what he'd get with Atletico.

Personally I think hes good enough now to play for us but I cant see Cech getting the ouch anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

If Atletico get UCL ball I cant see any reason for him to come back to the EPL unless its to be our number 1.

At Ateltico he'll get at UCL experience next year and playing in Spain pushing for a UCL place again for the following year, if he came back and went to a mid table, relegation threatened team, yes he'd get experience in the EPL but the level he would be playing would be less then what he'd get with Atletico.

Personally I think hes good enough now to play for us but I cant see Cech getting the ouch anytime soon.

I think a lot will also depend on what manager comes in at the end of the season.

I'm sure whoever it is will want to get the whole squad together and asses the options.

I think Courtois should be left in Spain if Atletico get CL football, he's still very young so as long as Cech is still going strong there's no rush tbh.

The problem the club and Courtois both have is Cech still has the best part of a decade left in him, barring injuries of course and if he wants to commit to the game that long.

Now if he keeps up his usual high standards then he could easily see out his career with the club but will courtois be happy to be sent out on loan or benched for the next few years?

It's a tricky situation for all involved. I'd love to see Courtois come in soon but cech has been one of the best signings we've made so I wouldnt want to see him shafted either.

• Advertisement

The problem the club and Courtois both have is Cech still has the best part of a decade left in him, barring injuries of course and if he wants to commit to the game that long.

Now if he keeps up his usual high standards then he could easily see out his career with the club but will courtois be happy to be sent out on loan or benched for the next few years?

It's a tricky situation for all involved. I'd love to see Courtois come in soon but cech has been one of the best signings we've made so I wouldnt want to see him shafted either.

I can't see Cech lasting anywhere near 10 years, definitely not with Chelsea anyway, when you see the likes Friedel still going strong its only because he doesn't play nearly as many games as Cech would and not at CL level, Also Cech seems to pick up his fair share of injuries, never anything major but i'm sure they'll come a lot more often as he gets older.

The thing with Chelsea as we all know is that there's no room for sentiment. If Courtois comes back and is out performing Cech, I'm sure the club would have no problem shifting Cech off the wage bill.

Hopefully that isn't the case as I would love for Cech to stick around as a coach, especially with the experience he has.

While were on the subject of Cech (from Wiki)
    As of 12 January 2013, Čech has kept 137 clean sheets for Chelsea level with David Seaman's record at a single Premier League club.

Hopefully another one tonight.

I would expect by the time Petr's contract is up in 2016 I would expect Courtois to be our main keeper if only because his contract will be up also in 2016. By then Petr will be 34 not very old in goalkeeping terms but getting close to the area where questions will be asked I would think. In contrast Thibaut would be 24 which would be a good 10 years in front of him.

We will know by then if FFP is really working and in swing if so there is no sentiment in football (certainly Chelsea) and I can see Petr heading off as I dont think he will want to play second fiddle.

On a happier note if he keeps a clean sheet tonight then he will move clear of Davis seaman and hold the record number of clean sheets in the premier league all on his own.

Interesting this

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/spanish-broadsheet-say-chelsea-got-isco-first-option-as-part-of-p

If you follow the link to El Confidential it says that a fee of €19m has been more or less agreed for Isco and that the Piazon loan has given us first preference for him.

pity the youth cup is on the same time as the first team game , yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

peteeeed wrote: »
    pity the youth cup is on the same time as the first team game , yet again

speaking of the youth team, how many more gems are going to be offloaded.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/01/14/now-valued-at-45-million-another-star-chelsea-should-never-have/

• Advertisement

By best part of a decade I was aiming at the 7-8 years region, which would bring Petr up to 37,38.

As mentioned, if he wanted to drop his wages and take up a coaching role it would be very welcome.

Our own goalkeeping coach, Christophe Lollichon has been involved with Cech since his time at Rennes and Cech has before said hes an excellent coach, be good for Courtois to work under one if not both of Cech and Lollichon, the experience would be so valuable for him.

Just came across this report

http://aovivo.slbenfica.pt/noticias/detalhedenoticia/tabid/790/articleid/26937/language/en-us/matic-extends-contract-with-benfica-until-2018.aspx

A minimum release of €45m, I know this guy was really highly rated whe we had on loan in Holland. Are we ever going to give young lads a chance?
    Bartyman wrote: »
    speaking of the youth team, how many more gems are going to be offloaded.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/01/14/now-valued-at-45-million-another-star-chelsea-should-never-have/

Post 9943.

Some goal he scored against Porto (?)

It is becoming more than annoying really

Carlo played him and had him in a few squads but he was sold as Benfica insisted he was part of the Luiz deal.

A buy out clause isnt really reflective of a players true ability though is it?

If the club could have kept him they would have IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

If Pep does go to Bayern then who do we employ as our permanent manager? Mourinho is a long shot, personally I think that Mourinho and Pep aside, Rafa is as good as any other candidate out there and should be given the job on a permanent basis.

Please dont say that the very idea of him managing the club annoys the hell out of me. I dont bother watching interviews with him as he spouts on some bullsh*t, he is just a temporary solution to our permanent problem and it is clear that he is not welcome at CFC on a long term basis and not on any basis by some (although from all the sackings RA has done no one seems welcome on a long term basis).

I couldnt care whos managing the club as lng as the team is doing well.

Hell, if roman wants to take a stab at it he's welcome to, as long as the results are coming in I dont mind.

Actually, anyone but Redknapp.

• Advertisement

From memory Benfica wanted €29m for Sideshow but the deal ended up as €25m and Matic. Given that we subsequently went out and paid €5m for Romeu it seems we were quite prepared to let him go.

A buy out clause is not always representative of a players ability for sure but Benfica are no mugs for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

True, sure we gave them the best part of €40 million for Ramires & Luiz, they sold Witsel for ridicolous money, something like €40 Million too after buying him only a year previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Hell, if roman wants to take a stab at it he's welcome to, as long as the results are coming in I dont mind.

Yeah +1 on that

S28382 wrote: »
    Please dont say that the very idea of him managing the club annoys the hell out of me. I dont bother watching interviews with him as he spouts on some bullsh*t, he is just a temporary solution to our permanent problem and it is clear that he is not welcome at CFC on a long term basis and not on any basis by some (although from all the sackings RA has done no one seems welcome on a long term basis).

I think Pepe is selling a lot of papers and keeping a lot of internet forums occupied;

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2013/01/premiership/bayern-deny-pep-talks?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

God knows where he will end up, he will be well paid though.

If not Pepe (and I still dont see it unless the reports of the money we have offered is true then you just never know) then I would go for Mazzarri and he can bring Canavi with him please.

I presume most would want Jose back, then the next preference would be Pep?

That would be my dream order anyway, will it happen? Only yime will tell I guess.

Only 5 - 6 months left to find out. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

After losing RDM I agree.

Tonight is a big game for our interim manager and is a must win for him. His achilles heel at Liverpool was always underestimating the so-called weaker clubs.

If we don't pick up all three points tonight Rafa will find himself under severe pressure again.

bullpost wrote: »
    After losing RDM I agree.

Tonight is a big game for our interim manager and is a must win for him. His achilles heel at Liverpool was always underestimating the so-called weaker clubs.

If we don't pick up all three points tonight Rafa will find himself under severe pressure again.

That was well published alright, he could beat utd at Old Trafford and lose to Reading at home.

Tonight will put us clear of Spurs and closer to City hopefully and with Spurs having a huge game at home to Utd on afte our game, should we win the next 2 we could be 7 clear of them before the kick off against Utd.

Heres hoping he can balance the squad for the next 2 games and get maximum points.

According to Spanish newspaper AS, Thibaut Courtois is set to return to Chelsea next season

peteeeed wrote: »
    According to Spanish newspaper AS, Thibaut Courtois is set to return to Chelsea next season

Of course he is, his loan deal is up.

Unless he signs another loan with them then hes coming back.

cpurtois told the same paper he would like to stay there for another spell.

• Advertisement

Of course he is, his loan deal is up.

Unless he signs another loan with them then hes coming back.

cpurtois told the same paper he would like to stay there for another spell.

and that was yesterday :)

Still doesnt change that he was coming back anyway. :p

Maybe he'll be loaned out again to Atletico, or maybe as been suggested, he'll be sounded out for loan at an EPL team to get him upto speed and used to the EPL for 2014/15 season.

Just seen on twitter that Nathan Ake will be with the youth team tonight, makes sense considering it didn't look likely that he'd ever get a run out with the 1st team.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Just seen on twitter that Nathan Ake will be with the youth team tonight, makes sense considering it didn't look likely that he'd ever get a run out with the 1st team.

Our back line is all fit so two of Ivan/Cahill/JT to play CB and 2 of Azp/Ivan to play RB depending on the CB pairing.

I'd leave JT on the bench for this and play :

Cech
    Azp Ivan Cahill Cole
    Luiz Lamps
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

Bench :
    Turnbull
    JT Bertrand Ferriera
    Ramires Marin
    Torres

Although why we should have Ferriera on the bench is weird considering we have a Azp, Ivan and Luiz who can play RB.

Ake should have been involved at some stage.

Adkins reckons that the signing of Ba will push us towards a title challenge.

I'll have whatever hes drinking, I'd be happy to battle it out with City for 2nd as it doesnt look likely that Utd will drop many points, even when they do we'd have to seriously captailise on their mistakes, if they lose even 3 games betweennow and the end of the season we'd have to go not only unbeaten but to win nearly all our games and hope that Utd drop a few more points through draws to even be up their with them and that also invovles trips to the Etihad and Old Trafford.

Cant see it this year TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Cant see it.

We'll do third at best.

We are not consistent enough and we still have the distraction of the Europa thing to come which our interim manager will take seriously.
    Adkins reckons that the signing of Ba will push us towards a title challenge.

I'll have whatever hes drinking, I'd be happy to battle it out with City for 2nd as it doesnt look likely that Utd will drop many points, even when they do we'd have to seriously captailise on their mistakes, if they lose even 3 games betweennow and the end of the season we'd have to go not only unbeaten but to win nearly all our games and hope that Utd drop a few more points through draws to even be up their with them and that also invovles trips to the Etihad and Old Trafford.

Cant see it this year TBH.

bullpost wrote: »
    Cant see it.

We'll do third at best.

We are not consistent enough and we still have the distraction of the Europa thing to come which our interim manager will take seriously.

Utd have got most of their tricky away fixtures out of the way, thyve played away at the Etihad and stamdofrd Bridge and theyve Spurs this weekend.

I'd agree we'renot consistent enough yet to be a contender but I'd love to finish within a reasonable amount of point to Utd < 10 hopefully and be well within the top 4 which if we are to finish < 10 from Utd we should do easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

"'El Confidencial' reports Chelsea have the first option to buy Isco from Malaga, in exchange for loaning Lucas Piazon to them." :)

Our back line is all fit so two of Ivan/Cahill/JT to play CB and 2 of Azp/Ivan to play RB depending on the CB pairing.

I'd leave JT on the bench for this and play :

Cech
    Azp Ivan Cahill Cole
    Luiz Lamps
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Ba

Bench :
    Turnbull
    JT Bertrand Ferriera
    Ramires Marin
    Torres

Although why we should have Ferriera on the bench is weird considering we have a Azp, Ivan and Luiz who can play RB.

Ake should have been involved at some stage.

At a push Ram can play RB as well so you do have to wonder.

This could be a good game to give JT a run it really should not be too demanding physically. It would be nice for Ivan to get a games rest he has been playing an awful lot without a break. Other than that I like that line up.

• Advertisement

At a push Ram can play RB as well so you do have to wonder.

This could be a good game to give JT a run it really should not be too demanding physically. It would be nice for Ivan to get a games rest he has been playing an awful lot without a break. Other than that I like that line up.
    I agree that JT should start too, I assume he will so he can build up more fitness. I don't think i'd start him against Arsenal though.

It's really going to be interesting to see if Ba starts tonight, will he also start against Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Graham Hunter saying Guardiola is going to Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich have confirmed this

amiable wrote: »
    Bayern Munich have confirmed this

Link?

Link?

It's on their official twitter

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    It's on their official twitter

Just seen it their, I'm actually happy he won't be coming to Chelsea, I wonder what the odds on Mourinho coming back to the bridge are now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Wonder will he get much money to buy? Any of Robben, Ribery etc. look like leaving this summer?

Just seen it their, I'm actually happy he won't be coming to Chelsea, I wonder what the odds on Mourinho coming back to the bridge are now?

Well its between Rafa and Jose, I'd love to see the sh*t storm if it was Rafa appointed. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think he's a great fit for Bayern

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement