Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I still can't believe that. It'll be reliving the glory through sky plus all day. Have the Drogba half hour special to watch. In 20 years we'll all be like d'ya remember that time Chelsea won the first of five!?!

monkey - I really really wish I'd quoted your post on this thread approx 43 minutes into the Barca second leg. Some turnaround since then. Future looks brightest in a long time!

Cant wait for the DVD - about time I upgraded my VHS collection from the 80/90's

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Bertrand was wearing a medal last night - he's in there behind Mikel

144814878-chelsea-players-celebrate-with-the-trophy-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588B0B8769C727A00694E75E48EC4722EBC6D9D8F8BB18853DA

Thats my new background pic right there!

Look at the joy on Torres - weird journey for him - hasnt really played well but somehow got 2 medals out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Thats my new background pic right there!

Look at the joy on Torres - weird journey for him - hasnt really played well but somehow got 2 medals out of it!

I think it's took him this long to adjust, especially since he did have competition for forwards with Drogba.

Man, I don't want to think of Chelsea without Drogs next year.

But, for now CHAMPIONS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

There's a highlights show on sky sports 3 for anyone that's awake.

When I think of the feeling watching the Napoli first leg I can't believe it came to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Oh

my

head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Cameron clearly supports Chelsea.

AtVE_CxCEAE_R6M.jpg:large

Mikel was immense I thought

Totally agree, was between Mikel and Robben for Chelseas man of the match.

547140_10150833080988915_580118914_9802348_1084744891_n.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One word....OUCH!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

as I put in the match thread and yes, it has to be that big because it's so awesome
    mrWWQ.jpg

Still coming to terms with it.

Its yet tp sink in. If I was giving a Chelsea MoTM it would be very close between Mikel, Cech, Cole.

Cech saving Robbens penalty in ET was brillant so he pips it for me but everyone put it all in.

I think everyone to a man put in 100% and left it all out there.

Torres looked liked he didnt wanna take a penalty but thats his decision.

Luiz, Lamps and Cole hit excellent penalties. Drogbas winner was well deserved. If that was his last ever Chelsea game then he cpuldnt have done more for us.

Scored the equaliser, gave away a penalty and scored a winning penalty.

Drogba, if you dont sign then I'll still love ya, youve gave this club some of its best moments in our history and you owe us nothing at all.

Drogba, Chelsea FC Legend, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

super hungover today lost my voice.

unbelievable still in shock.

cried like a girl when didier scored. oul fella was down the phone crying to haha.

having a beer now to celebrate.

might try and get a petition started for a drogba statue outside the bridge.

that is all

super hungover today lost my voice.

unbelievable still in shock.

cried like a girl when didier scored. oul fella was down the phone crying to haha.

having a beer now to celebrate.

might try and get a petition started for a drogba statue outside the bridge.

that is all

Best username to describe how I feel today.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well that was one hell of a night, Galway supporters club was wedged, the atmosphere was literally electric.
    Words will do me no justice here...fackin' arrrgghhh we FINALLY won the fackin' thing arrgghh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

F*cking amazing stuff last night, amazing .... went over to a mates house
    who is a Norwich fan but always supports the English teams in the CL -

There was a crowd of us and everyone bar one supporting Chelsea.

When Didier put that ball away we went mental ... my mate Jim just embraced me ... was so happy.

After 2008 and the 2009 semis this has been coming .
    Cheslea_wins_Champions_League-450x350.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In the words of Massimoe's last night..
    "Who's a sexy Drogba
    Who's a sexy Drogba?!"
    Da nahh naa nahh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Well done lads congrats enjoy it these moments are rare.
    Not a Chelsea lover but I roared when drogba scored last night and was delighted to see ya win it (delighted for Harry).
    Please take no notice of the begrudgers it was highly deserved ya can't fluke a champions league trophy no matter what some clowns say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Oh god my head.

Mikel was our man of the match, he was absolutely outstanding. What a night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Hope the local shops ordered extra celery this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Is the RTE coverage of this + post match discussion with the lads available on RTE player ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Johner wrote: »
    Oh god my head.

Mikel was our man of the match, he was absolutely outstanding. What a night!

He was excellent but I'd have to say Cole was the best player on the pitch last night, as he was at the Nou Camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

How I look right now..

guys-problem-1309620.jpg

Also I expect Roman was on the phone to Drogba's agent this morning, well I hope so saying this....

tumblr_m499flhulI1qb29wqo2_500.jpg

Still hasn't sunk in yet TBH. So wish I was in Germany last night. As myself and my girlfriend were discussing last night we just should have went, we were talking about it after the barca game, but decided against it, money couldn't have put a price on being there last night I'd imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cole was brilliant as well, just thought Mikel did outstanding with the ball. He looked so confident on the ball, quick sharp passing and never wasted a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Greatest night ever, my heart was thumping for the most part, it felt like extra time would never end Everyone put in a great shift Cahill and Luiz were outstanding, how good was that penno from Luiz?????
    When Robben missed that penno I knew it was going to be our night.:D
    What a header from Didi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now the rebuilding starts, will Di Matteo get it? He deserves it but judging by Bruce Buck is being a bit edgy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Johner wrote: »
    Cole was brilliant as well, just thought Mikel did outstanding with the ball. He looked so confident on the ball, quick sharp passing and never wasted a pass.

Don't forget Bosingwa. To keep Ribery as quiet as he did for so long was remarkable. And for Luiz/Cahill to play 120 minutes like that coming back from injury. Even Malouda played like his life depended on it when he came on. Just an extraordinary performance all round. I can't understand the sour grapes from so many quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

What a day for sport and all capped off by us getting the monkey off our back!

If i was Drogba, I'd leave now because he can't improve on last night and staying for two years might lessen his legacy?

Sucking in strepsils all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

smuckers wrote: »
    Now the rebuilding starts, will Di Matteo get it? He deserves it but judging by Bruce Buck is being a bit edgy about it

Apparently he's under "serious consideration". If no final decision has been made, I guess that's as emphatic as he can be. I really hope he does get it, because he's demonstrated serious tactical acumen aside from the motivation he's given. Discounting the league dead-rubbers (which they were), he's got one loss on his record. Against man City. He's taken a side that were properly nosediving to two trophies, and overcome two far superior sides on paper.

Also, it bugs me that people talk about his time at West Brom as a failure. He took them up with his first season in charge, playing very good football too. He also started well. It was a bad mid-season run that led to his sacking but, unless I'm mistaken, they hadn't even slipped into the relegation zone yet. If Hodgson hadn't done so well and kept them up comfortably, it would have looked pretty silly.

Di Matteo will be coaching somewhere next season. I hope it's at Chelsea. Either way, he's a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Chelsea TV free on Sky 421 for the rest of the week-end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

am I the only one who's a bit peeved at the monobrow's hogging of the trophy ceremony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

the_monkey wrote: »
    F*cking amazing stuff last night, amazing .... went over to a mates house
    who is a Norwich fan but always supports the English teams in the CL -

There was a crowd of us and everyone bar one supporting Chelsea.

When Didier put that ball away we went mental ... my mate Jim just embraced me ... was so happy.

After 2008 and the 2009 semis this has been coming .

fair play to jim

Buck has confirmed that we will sit down with Drogbas agent this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Cole has been immense all through this tournament and given the amount of defending we've had to do he would be my player of the tournament. Delighted for him as he has given his all for Chelsea from the first day we signed him .
    Blatter wrote: »
    He was excellent but I'd have to say Cole was the best player on the pitch last night, as he was at the Nou Camp.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Chelsea TV free on Sky 421 for the rest of the week-end. :)

Just watching it now - great stuff! - thousands and thousands out!

Still hasn't sunk in yet TBH. So wish I was in Germany last night. As myself and my girlfriend were discussing last night we just should have went, we were talking about it after the barca game, but decided against it, money couldn't have put a price on being there last night I'd imagine!

I know I was the same, kind of a "things money cant buy moment"

Typical, I was there through all the **** games in the 80's and 90's, saw us go down etc etc.
    But hey, i got to share it with you guys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

564382_464525793563942_123613977655127_87774623_1214908141_n.jpg

What a pic :D

Have to agree woth Blatter, Cole was excellent, deally showed why hes the best Left back in the modern game. Bertrand put in a good shift and really helped him to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Torres: It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable. I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me."

They are some of the quotes from Torres from an Interview with Balgue. There is more on his timeline. https://twitter.com/#!/GuillemBalague

He definitely didn't seem to be shy celebrating last night but you can't help but feel that this is not how he wanted to win it.

Gerty wrote: »
    Torres: It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable. I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me."

They are some of the quotes from Torres from an Interview with Balgue. There is more on his timeline. https://twitter.com/#!/GuillemBalague

He definitely didn't seem to be shy celebrating last night but you can't help but feel that this is not how he wanted to win it.

Wow, wants to be No1, but until he starts performing like Drogba and can be relied on I cant see it happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Some great scenes of the victory parade on Chelsea TV.

Barr wrote: »

Romans driving the bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while now... Is is "champione, champione, are we, are we, are we"? Or "champione, champione, ole, ole, ole"?

Thought now might be the best time to ask!

Roman is ACTUALLY there! I thought it was someone in a mask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Roman is ACTUALLY there! I thought it was someone in a mask!

haha he was on top of the bus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Its on sky sports new as well.
    Barr wrote: »

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement