Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Apparently.....
    Luiz felt his hamstring go whilst playing

Drogba's off to China

Roman said to the lads "this is just the beginning!"

Didnt seem to effect him when he stroked the penalty in the top corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Best peno of the whole shootout, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

V9 wrote: »

Brilliant! Funny when Drogs handed the mike to Frank after starting the Super chant. Thought Lamps would launch into a Didier na na na chant and instead he repeats the Super chant.

Lamps was verh good too, was always gonna be power but Neuer couldnt keep ot out.

Cole was excellent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after watching the replay there on Chelsea TV.
    Even though I knew exactly how it panned out, I couldn't help but get a dose of the oul goosebumps when Drogba was stepping up to take the penalty, what a hero.
    Ashley had one of the best games I've ever seen him play and topped the night off with a peach of a penalty.
    I still can't believe it:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Still cant get over the win on Saturday! Great stuff!!

But the uncertainty over next season is putting a bit of a downer on it. I dont think RDM will get the job, which is a bit unfair. In my opinion he's earned at least a one-year contract - as a proper trial run so he can show if he's the man for job.
    I also reckon that if (unlikely) Drogba stays, we need to try work both him and torres into the squad and get them working together like they did with anelka (maybe a 4-1-2-1-2?).
    And lastly, I think we should shake up the midfield a bit - get rid of kalou and malouda, put lamps in the attacking role, mata and ramires out wide and mikel in the holding/centre position, with mereiles/essien/romeu(and possibly a new signing or two) as cover & subs

Who says I never do anything for ye lads?

Chelsea ticket thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056623440

Add to it any information you like and we can try organise a trip or 2 over for next season.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

still hungover as I went drinking all day with my mates and forced them to watch all the highlights again.

gonna get the new jersey and have di matteo 16 on the back.

think im gonna get him on the rest of my old jerseys that dont have a name on the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Was away all weekend so a belated Congrats to all ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

A certain Chelsea legend called Peter Osgood used to take them just like that back in the day.
    Unstoppable when they are on target.

Really annoyed to be back at work but still on cloud 9 after the weekend.

Watched the whole game again on Sky, I recorded it just incase. ;)

Its amazing what you forget about a game when your celebrating the victory.

Next season cant come quick enough really, cant wait to go over again.

Yep - really excited by Lampards reaction to the speech RA gave in the dressing room.

Looks like this has only intensified his desire for further success with the club.

Happy days.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Really annoyed to be back at work but still on cloud 9 after the weekend.

Watched the whole game again on Sky, I recorded it just incase. ;)

Its amazing what you forget about a game when your celebrating the victory.

Next season cant come quick enough really, cant wait to go over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

bullpost wrote: »
    A certain Chelsea legend called Peter Osgood used to take them just like that back in the day.
    Unstoppable when they are on target.

Peter Osgood - my first football hero!

snap.
    Peter Osgood - my first football hero!

Good to see Roman joining the celebrations, the man has spent vast amounts of his money in improving us and it was a nice touch.

He wasnt exactly parading up and down trying to be the centre of everything but he was involved which was good to see.

I'd love if he came out and done and interview or gave us some more insight in to himself and his football beliefs but if he is as he seems, very private, as long as we do the business on the pitch thats all that matters.

• Advertisement

Was interesting to see the quick exchange Roberto had with Roman as he went up the steps to collect his medal.

Think he said to Roman "I told you I'd win it" but couldn't be sure.
    Good to see Roman joining the celebrations, the man has spent vast amounts of his money in improving us and it was a nice touch.

He wasnt exactly parading up and down trying to be the centre of everything but he was involved which was good to see.

I'd love if he came out and done and interview or gave us some more insight in to himself and his football beliefs but if he is as he seems, very private, as long as we do the business on the pitch thats all that matters.

Love this from Lampard.

"I had a quiet confidence. Manuel Neuer looks massive in goal. He's a fantastic keeper but Petr Cech has re-announced himself as the best in the world. When you have confidence in your keeper it doesn’t half help with penalty shootouts," he said.

Cech was excellent though, saving 3 out of 6 penalties in a game makes the takers job all the easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

in regards Hazard, I think the one thing that could swing him in our direction is having Lukaku and De Bruyne here, both international team-mates in and around his age, could be the front three for club and country, that would be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Somehow I don't think the Belgium factor will come into it. He come across as a very self confident sort and would be like that bloke at a party who throws himself into the mix of strangers without giving it a second thought and being the loudest one there. It'll come down to wages, I reckon.

What could be a factor though, is London. I mentioned a party metaphor above and I'd think he'd prefer the lavish London lifestyle to, well, Manchester. Ya'd be surprised how little factors like that impact a player when moving a club.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    in regards Hazard, I think the one thing that could swing him in our direction is having Lukaku and De Bruyne here, both international team-mates in and around his age, could be the front three for club and country, that would be cool!

Dont forget Courtois, easily the best young keeper around, also Belgian. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

First day back on boards back in work now but my god what an end to the season we lost months ago!! Who would have taught !?!?!? :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

DELIGHTED!!!!!

Still cannot belive we are Champions of Europe!!!!

Robbie has to get the job for at least next season and see what he can do with some sigings of his own. He has done an excellent job with the mess he was handed.

As for Hazard i think we have a lot of cards in our favour as we have what every other club has to offer plus the fact we have his fellow belgian players plus we have been linked to Fellaini in recent weeks.

As for Torres im not that pushed if he goes or not, would be delighted if we could do a deal with Atletico for Falcao. Falcao, Cavani or Schurrle id be delighted with.
    Im not yet covinced Torres is having a go at us but if he is he can head some where else. If not i dont mind keeping him for another season and use Sturridge as back up.

Drogba the legend should leave on a high IMO.
    The club has to move on and replace him, he can go on and make a bumper pay pack with some one else.

What a legend!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Just home from London, watched the game on Saturday in a pub in London after the Heineken Cup Final, was pretty special, Drogba fully deserved the goal and winning penalty in likely his last game for the club, firmly a Chelsea legend now.

French media reporting he's told the rest of the team he'll be moving on Link

Mata and Torres called up to the spain squad

in fact the provisional Euro 2012 squad

Just home from London, watched the game on Saturday in a pub in London after the Heineken Cup Final, was pretty special, Drogba fully deserved the goal and winning penalty in likely his last game for the club, firmly a Chelsea legend now.

French media reporting he's told the rest of the team he'll be moving on Link

oh I think he is totally gone. Fair play to him but we have to start again sometime

what a day wrote: »
    As for Torres im not that pushed if he goes or not, would be delighted if we could do a deal with Atletico for Falcao. Falcao, Cavani or Schurrle id be delighted with.
    Im not yet covinced Torres is having a go at us but if he is he can head some where else. If not i dont mind keeping him for another season and use Sturridge as back up.

I dont think we ahve a chance of Falcao, unless we swapped Torres and about €25 Million but then Atli Madrid wont ahve the money to pay Torres weekly wages.

Cavani will more then likely join Juventus at this stage I reckon, Napoli face a battle to keep him.

I think Balague can take a lot of credit for trying to stur the pot, I can agree with Torres though, having a guy make his debut ahead of you in a UCL is more disppointing then been dropped for Drogba.

RDM did show faith in his ssytem though and kept good balance, Bertrand played well and supported Cole so he justified his inclusion.

Torres battled hard when he came on and wanted eveything, not exactly looking like a player who wants to leave.

Next year is another year and hopefully we can push for the EPL and Torres can be part of it.

Drogba, I've ran out of things to say.

For the best I think .

Torres will now be told following his recent comments, that he is no. 1 but must step up now and deliver. With a couple of creative, attack-minded players coming in there is no reason why Torres should not deliver in spades next year.
    oh I think he is totally gone. Fair play to him but we have to start again sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

:D
    Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand reveals how secret videos inspired players
    • Roberto Di Matteo used family messages to motivate team
    • Winners' medal on Champions League debut for 22-year-old

Roberto Di Matteo had suggested he had something unexpected planned to motivate his players in the buildup to the Champions League final. Yet, as they gathered in a private room at the Mandarin Oriental hotel on the eve of the showpiece for what they anticipated would be a routine tactical team-talk, none of Chelsea's players had quite envisaged the lengths to which their interim first-team coach had gone in his preparation.

Where the squad had anticipated ProZone graphics flitting across the big screen clamped to the far wall, instead the messages delivered were of a far more personal nature. Two weeks previously, Di Matteo had commissioned the club's video analysis team to compile video messages from members of each player's family, their words of encouragement inter-cut with YouTube clips from games and even footage of them growing up as children, which were duly delivered in Big Brother style in front of an increasingly emotional audience.

The presentation lasted around half an hour, the playing staff veering from fits of laughter to the brink of tears. "They really surprised us with those messages," said Didier Drogba. "The families have always been there with us – in Moscow in 2008, against Barcelona in 2009, when we lost those games. This win I want to dedicate to them, all our families, because they have been supporting us, always believing in us. This is their victory."

This is the kind of thing that, had Chelsea gone out and disgraced themselves, would have invited ridicule. It's brilliant man-management, though - no shouting or bluster, just massive positivity.

I really think RDM has become the Andy Bernard of football management. In a good way.

So.....will we be the first team in history to defend a UCL?

That would be exceptional :p

I think the internet would explode. :D

Seriously though, what is our expectations for next year? We should be pushing for the league, aiming to retain our FA cup and UCL crowns.

Easier said then done but we certainly have to push on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This my friends is an oxymoron ! looks far from unhappy , the cat that got the cream I would go as far to say !

205894.png

Glad I waited to get my Jersey , that star be looking dam good :D

205895.png

205896.png

205897.png

Great picture of Torres. Probably running with Mata.

• Advertisement

I dont think this is going to old any time soon!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2782265,00.html

And more on the words of Bruce Buck!

The Future

"Roman told them that there is still plenty more to aim for. There are a lot of clubs with three or four of those stars on their club badge. We have only one. Roman gave a thank you speech, the message was that it was all down to the boys."

Didier
    "We love Didier. But we have to think what`s right for Chelsea and Didier has to do what`s right for him."

Style

It`s always nice to win playing beautiful football. But in the first instance you just want to win. That`s the most important part."

Gourlay on Torres and RDM

Gourlay told Sky Sports News: "As we've said exactly from the day Robbie was given the job as interim coach, let's get through to the end of the season, we set ourselves goals and then when that season ends then we'll sit down and discuss things.
    "Whilst we hoped to get to Munich we didn't know at the time we would get there so we just asked Robbie to give us his best and see where we went.
    "So now we have to sit down over the next week or two, or however long it takes, because we've got to do what is right for the football club.
    Mistakes

"We will look at the season, look what worked for us, look at the mistakes we made, put them right and then take it forward.
    "I know the fans will be pushing for Robbie, but we're not jumping into anything rash.
    "He has done fantastically well and I'm very proud of him and what he has achieved. But we will stick with what we said and sit down and talk things through and work things out."
    Despite the Bluesspacer.gif basking in the glory of becoming European champions for the first time, speculation has continued regarding the future of strikers Didier Drogbaspacer.gif and Fernando Torres.spacer.gif
    Drogba's contract expires next month and he has yet to agree an extension, although the players and fans have called for the Ivory Coastspacer.gif star to stay.
    Torres, meanwhile, has expressed his frustration in the media about his lack of first-team action with the Londoners and his selection as a substitute against Bayern Munichspacer.gif on Saturday.
    Gourlay was quick to play down any talk of a disagreement with either player, stressing that an announcement regarding the future of Drogba would be made as soon as a satisfactory conclusion was reached.
    "Everybody wants to play and I would be very surprised if Fernando, who has been awesome recently, didn't," he added.
    More games

"He wanted more games and I'm sure he wanted more time on the field as every professional does, but Robbie picks the team to start the game.
    "When Fernando came on we were behind at that stage and he played a big part in helping us win the Champions League final.
    "It must have been very difficult for Robbie and all the guys on the sidelines who were left out for such a big occasion."

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Was in Munich for the final(unfortunately didn't get tickets for the match).
    Some atmosphere. Still can't believe they finally did it. I am still getting goosebumps thinking back at those moments before Drogba's penalty. It would have been such a shame if the likes of Drogba, Cole, Lampard, Cech and Terry didn't win a Cl medal. And what a season to final do it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

With regards to the Torres comments I think they are being blown out of proportion in a way. It isn't surprising that he was upset at not starting or that going forward it is important for him to be no.1 striker at the club at this stage of his careers. He even makes it clear in his interview that he was happy in the end that he was able to contribute for the victory in the end even if it was just from the bench "I thought I would play in this game and I couldn't imagine not doing so. But in the end I could participate and offer the team something. I'm really happy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kingtubby wrote: »
    Was in Munich for the final(unfortunately didn't get tickets for the match).
    Some atmosphere. Still can't believe they finally did it. I am still getting goosebumps thinking back at those moments before Drogba's penalty. It would have been such a shame if the likes of Drogba, Cole, Lampard, Cech and Terry didn't win a Cl medal. And what a season to final do it too!

I'm not jealous in the slightest :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Tis the silly season alright!

Sao Paulo president spoken to FCInter1908 today said we made a 40M bid for Lucas Moura and they rejected it. He said we are close though.

http://www.fcinter19...idnotizia=53309

Have you received an offer from Real or other addition to Inter?
    From Real no, but we have received another offer higher than that of Inter.

From who?
    By Chelsea.

How has offered Chelsea?
    40 million euros.

And Sao Paulo has not accepted?
    No, but of course at the Chelsea is the team closest to Lucas.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/5/21/3034286/sao-paulo-president-claims-chelsea-have-bid-40m-for-lucas-moura

Drogba doesnt wanna stay apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jason Cundy and Ken Monkou are legends! (Bobby Stuart and Frank Sinclair aren't too bad either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Drogbas gone . Official announcement soon .

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »

Seen it on Sky and a few places online.

Sad day but bowed out kn the biggest stage of club football a winner, cant ask for more from the big man.

Oh well, hes been great for us and wish him all the best for the future.

Roll on the New Chelsea!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well he's bowing out at the top.

If true his last touch for Chelsea was to win the Champions League. How bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

In Torres we trust. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I know that was a tongue in cheek comment but I'd be amazed if a replacement isn't bought.
    Roman is likely to get the cheque book out again big time IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Lukaku is the replacement, surely?

amiable wrote: »

I know that was a tongue in cheek comment but I'd be amazed if a replacement isn't bought.
    Roman is likely to get the cheque book out again big time IMO

Dont know if he will. Other then skmeone like Gomez,Falcao or Cavani I just cant see us getting a new CF.

Theres not much value or even options out there unless Roman throws mad money at someone.

Could happen, I believe in Torres though. :)

G.K. wrote: »
    Lukaku is the replacement, surely?

You'd hope so but ya never know with us TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Cavani looked to be saying his goodbyes last night after the cup final.

Cavani looked to be saying his goodbyes last night after the cup final.

Few months ago I would have said it would be AC milan but Id say he'll be going to Juventus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement