Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

With Villa out of the Euro's for Spain, Torres looks fairly nailed on that he'll be in the squad.

Dont expect him to start though, squad will be named on Sunday.

Mata should be included but unless injury rules out one or two he wont be starting either.

Drogba :

What's next for you?

I will have time to make my decisions. The most important thing for me was to stop all these rumours about playing or not for Chelsea next year. It's good for everyone to know that this is the end of eight years of constant improvement, constant big moments.

To play for Chelsea was the best thing that could happen to me in my life. Not only as a player but as a person. I have played in many great teams with great people, but I never spent eight years in a club, so it was an experience and it's the one that helped me to become a better player, a much better player now than what I was before.

Those eight years really changed me and improved me as a man. I made a lot of friends here, which is very difficult in football. We made this story here altogether and the feeling that stays in my head is that we made history for the club, for the fans and for ourselves.

I need a new challenge because I have done everything here. I was lucky to score in a lot of cup finals, and it's a nice feeling, a fantastic feeling but I am going to find a new challenge.

My decision hasn't been made and I want to keep thinking about what happened on Saturday rather than talking about China, America or I don't know. I am so happy because it's my first Champions League. Since I was 18 I was dreaming of these moments and the scenario was just perfect, until the penalty... It's like a movie. Even today I still want to be in Munich in that stadium and cheer with the fans, celebrate with them. It was too quick. I could have stayed longer in the stadium.

Are you surprised the club didn't try harder to keep you?

They tried hard enough. My decision is not based on what the club offered me or not. My decision is not based on money, because to stay here wasn't a question of money. I have always been happy with what I had here. My family was happy, it was not about the money. It's just I think it is time. After eight years trying to achieve the best thing, when you are looking for something like the Champions League for years and years and you finally get it, what's next?

Here i could stay as long as I was performing and as long as the club wanted me. It's not like they don't want me anymore. It is my decision and we sat down all together and everybody understands that. The boss understands, Ron Gourlay and the board, and I know what they did for me, and they know what I did for the club as well.

We started a new era and I was lucky to be part of this. We built something really strong in terms of identity. Now you can go everywhere in the world and everyone knows about Chelsea. I see kids in Africa wearing Chelsea jerseys in the streets. Chelsea is a brand now and we are very proud to have achieved what we have in eight years. None of this would have been possible without the big boss, Roman Abramovich. If he wasn't here there would be less chance for me to be at this club, so the best way to repay him was to win the Champions League.

Are you finished with English football?

I won't play for another English club. I am too attached to Chelsea. My blood is blue and it won't change.

Would you have stayed if you had not won the Champions League?

Yes, because that was my challenge. That's what I wanted to achieve and the boss gave so much for this club, he did so much. Everybody speaks about buying players but nobody speaks about trying to develop this club. It was a very good club when I came, an ambitious club, and as the players we always tried to improve and do this for the club.

Would you have left in 2008 if you'd won?

It would have been different because my contract situation wasn't the same as it is now. The challenges would have been different I think.

What did the owner say about your decision?

He said that he understands my feelings and respects my choice. We talked in the last few days and will keep talking because he is a very good man and he gave me everything, the chance to put my family in a certain comfort and environment, which for me is fantastic with where I come from. As a kid I didn't have all these things. My family now can benefit from all these things. Maybe he doesn't know but he helped a lot of people.

Should Roberto Di Matteo be given the job after what he's done?

I think Robbie is in the same situation as me. I think he will speak with the board and the boss to do what is good for him and for the club. No matter what happens, he made history. There are no other words. No matter what happens, if he stays or not, he is a Chelsea legend. The job he did was great, and exceptional.

Are you interested in management?

Maybe, but it's not something I am really thinking about now. I have learned a lot from all these managers and the most important thing again is the communication. The mental aspect is maybe more important than the football skills because if a player isn't right in his head it is difficult for him to give his best.

Can this Chelsea team be successful in the future?

Of course because I think now the expectation from the fans and from the owner himself will be the same as what we did on Saturday. So now we set up something that when you come to Chelsea you will have to do the same thing as a minimum, to be in the Champions League Final, or to win it. That's what the club has to do to be like Barcelona, AC Milan and Real Madrid. We only have one Champions League and we need more. But at least we started.

This season has been like a movie, who would play you?

I don't know, because Jupp Heynckes said I am a good actor, so maybe me!

What was your lowest moment at Chelsea?

The low point for me was when we lost in the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool in the first season, because I think that's the season where we could have really achieved something very, very big for the club, winning the league and the Champions League.

Do you have a favourite goal?

It's difficult to choose - The FA Cup Final against Manchester United, the first one at Wembley in extra-time. It was also the first time we won the FA Cup with these players and then Saturday. Saturday - there's more moments like this I could name but it's difficult to choose.

What do you remember of walking up to the ball on Saturday night?

I was like, we done it, we did it! Everything was so, like, the green lights everywhere, like Petr saving three penalties before that so for me I just had to go and score. I knew; I had a good feeling walking there.

You were very good with the German players afterwards, they were obviously crushed.

Yeah, I remember that I have been in that situation before; a few months ago I was in the same situation so I know how they felt. So I went to see them and tried to celebrate normally and then when they left the pitch we could go wild, go crazy. You have to respect that team because they are great players and losing on penalties is difficult.

There have always been stories about the senior players controlling the club, we can ask you now - is that right?

When we win games everyone says the senior players are doing well, when we don't win, they're old. When the manager is sacked, they sacked the manager. But I really think that when a manager goes, it's because he sat with the owner or with the board and they have decided they have some objectives to achieve and if they don't do it, then that gives the reason to the boss to do what we has to do. But never a player. I am a player and I will never want some players to have an influence on the manager, it is not good for the team. It is not good for the team at all.

Finally, what will you miss the most from Chelsea?

I will really miss the fans because it's not common as a player to hear that the fans want you to stay. It's not everywhere. I'm lucky to have this special relationship with the fans and I will miss them. But they will always be in my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm a united FAN, but god I hate the way he conducts himself on the pitch at times, the diving, the barcelona fiasco.

But apart from that when he's on his game he's practically unplayable.
    His humanitarian side speaks volumes for the man he is off the pitch and he should be remembered as much for that as for what he's done on it.

GL to him and im delighted chelsea won the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Now should not be a sad time to be a Chelsea fan but I am very sad to see Drogs leave.

He has even allegedly admitted he might have stayed had Chelsea not won on Saturday night, this Champions League is a poison chalice!

Edit: He's confirmed above he would have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The man is a legend and we will truly miss him. Will probably take a few seasons to fill the void he will leave in the club. With Drogba going we will be losing alot of physical and mental strength in the squad.

Even though its sad it is the right time for him to depart, he has served us so very well and its now time for our club to evolve. Torres is next in line to take the striker role with Sturridge behind him and Lukaku still growing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Recall sitting dejected in the Chelsea end in 2007. Losing to Arsenal in the League Cup Final in the Millennium Stadium.

Then we unleashed the Drog and the rest is history.

What a player !

Respect to Kerry Dixon but We haven't seen your likes since Peter Osgood 40 years ago.

Drogba, just to name a few of his acheivements :

3 EPL Title's
    4 FA Cup's
    2 Leagues Cup's
    1 UCL

2 EPL Golden Boot's
    2 PFA Team of the year
    1 UEFA Team of the year
    1 FIFPro World XI

I reckon we could actually get one or 2 of the following

Falcao
    Hulk
    Lucas
    Modric
    Willian
    Hazard
    Schurrie

Roman is going to add and add big IMO - no way he wants to come 6th again and he wants to do something no else has done - defend the CL!

Drogba frees up a lot of cash and 1 or 2 others going as well

Totally agree sgt!

I think we will sign Lucas and Hazard and probably Hulk.
    There are a lot of rumours linking us to all three players and we are certainly in need of them. Left and right wingers plus an attacking/creative midfiielder. We have strong Brazil and Belguim contacts now and im sure we will add to that with the mentioned players.

We have tried to sign Modric but we were priced out of a move so our next target is Lucas. With Piazon, Luiz and Ramires here im sure he will be open to a move to the F.A cup winning European champions :D

We will need to replace players like Malouda and Possibly kalou who will more than likely leave us this summer. Roman knows our squad needs to be strengthend and the departure of Drogba only highlights this. Hazard will replace Malouda and Hulk can replace Kalou while also increasing our Phyical strength up front.

De Bryune, Lukaku, McEachran and possibly Piazon will be loaned out next season although i do think McEachran is ready for game time with us.
    McEachran wil be the perfect deep lying playmaker that Lampard is currently playing and will make a perfect understudy to a master midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That hot physio has been released from Chelsea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    That_Guy wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Slightly related..

Shut up Shut up Shut!!!!!!

Why would you say such a thing???

Linky?

Didnt see anyhting onthe Chelsea page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

No wonder Drogs is leaving. He knew she'd be let off! No more magic sponge from her!

gavredking wrote: »
    Linky?

Didnt see anyhting onthe Chelsea page.

It was on the @SkySports twitter page... Seems to have gone. I retweeted it and it's nowhere to be found now. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Now is the perfect time for DD to go. We will always remember the Munich final and not the Moscow one.

No doubt he will get a serious payday somewhere (deserved) with less pressure, best of luck to him. Next #11 has a lot to live up to Duffer, Drogs ?????

Gonna throw it out there now: IF we sign Hazard.. IF... He'll be the new #11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

V9 wrote: »
    Gonna throw it out there now: IF we sign Hazard.. IF... He'll be the new #11

Love to sign him but I'd prefer Lucas Moura,think he'll be better than Hazard.

It'll probably be one or the other anyway. They want another playmaker in the team besides Mata.

Now is the perfect time for DD to go. We will always remember the Munich final and not the Moscow one.

No doubt he will get a serious payday somewhere (deserved) with less pressure, best of luck to him. Next #11 has a lot to live up to Duffer, Drogs ?????

Ya, I cant find anything on it anywhere, could be a load of lies.

Hopefully, one of the better parts of the dark days of the season was the eye candy on the bench.

:pac:
    It'll probably be one or the other anyway. They want We need another playmaker in the team besides Mata.

Fixed your post there for ya. ^ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

that is a vicious horrible unfounded rumour! how dare you !!!!

Ya, I cant find anything on it anywhere, could be a load of lies.

Hopefully, one of the better parts of the dark days of the season was the eye candy on the bench.

I hope it is lies. She was the only good thing about watching Chelsea.

Seems to be a lot of talk that Hulk is coming to us, hope not feel there are much better options out there. Meanwhile we are desperately short of a good right back would prefer some movement in this direction.

Thats why Drogba was going down all the time, to make sure everyone got to see Eva.

:pac:

no such distractions up your way ;)

ashleyprat.thumbnail.jpg

Seems to be a lot of talk that Hulk is coming to us, hope not feel there are much better options out there. Meanwhile we are desperately short of a good right back would prefer some movement in this direction.

How about pay €25-30 million for Thiago Silva and move Luiz to RB. ;)

Alternatively, play Luiz RB and keep Ivanovic in rotation with Cahill and JT, I rate Ivanovic better as a CB then RB.

Chaloblah could be brought into the squad also and called up if we're really stuck.

We have Tomas Kalas also out on loan whos a fantastic athlete and would be a good RB, Hutchinson if he can stay injury free could easily fall into RB also.

I doubt Luiz would be too happy with that but maybe?
    How about pay €25-30 million for Thiago Silva and move Luiz to RB. ;)

Alternatively, play Luiz RB and keep Ivanovic in rotation with Cahill and JT, I rate Ivanovic better as a CB then RB.

Chaloblah could be brought into the squad also and called up if we're really stuck.

We have Tomas Kalas also out on loan whos a fantastic athlete and would be a good RB, Hutchinson if he can stay injury free could easily fall into RB also.

bullpost wrote: »
    I doubt Luiz would be too happy with that but maybe?

The last few months he has curbed his dashes into CM, partly due to having 2 players in there and partly as its improved his defensive know how.

At RB he could do both without having to many responbilities. Hes argubaly one of our best footballers as his range of passes and skill are exceptional coupled with great reading of the game, good pace and hes fairly good in the air.

If AC Milan do sell T.Silva, and they have no reason to do so, he would improve any team he went to, hes excellent and the best CB in the world.

If he joined us, we'd have the best CB, best LB and one of the top 3 keepers in the world.....and Luiz at RB. :pac:

I have to say i dont rate Ivan as a top CB. He is often found lonely after losing his marker especially in corners/free kicks.
    However i do think he is a really good RB and is able to get forward at ease. As for Luiz at RB i dont doubt he is capable of this position but id prefere him as a defensive midfielder if not a CB.

I think we are fine at RB TBH Ivan is really strong there and Bosi is decent back up to him, plus we have Hutch also.

As for Hulk i think he would be a great addition our squad. He is built for the PL and will offer us alot of options going forward which we do not currently have. He has all the attributes to add to our squad. The only bad point is i think he can be a bit selfish some times but he does create a lot and can also score goals. Id be delighted if we signed him!

what a day wrote: »
    As for Hulk i think he would be a great addition our squad. He is built for the PL and will offer us alot of options going forward which we do not currently have. He has all the attributes to add to our squad. The only bad point is i think he can be a bit selfish some times but he does create a lot and can also score goals. Id be delighted if we signed him!

So Sturridge version 2.0?

No thanks :(

I dont think hes worth the money we'd have to pay for him.

TBH I'd rather sort our RDM's situation before we spent tens of millions.

• Advertisement

Here is how I see the "state of the team" at the minute... I'm going by the 4-2-3-1 formation here:

Defence wise, we are covered, 2 Left backs (cole, berty), two Right backs (branna, monobrow) 4/5Center halfs (brana again, luiz, Cahill, Terry, Chalobah). If Bosingwa leaves, we have Hutch to fill the back up role. I'd pick Brana first choice myself, I think many would.

Central midfield we have, I count 6 (Lamps, Obi, McEachran, Rambo, Romeu, Essien) I Think we could probably do with another back up in the midfield but I'd prefer a youngster like Chalobah, who can play Holding midfield, Cover there, cost effective and has talent to boot. Romeu hasn't had the best of time since after christmas and possibly a loan move might be good for him, to play regular english football. Essien is not the player he was and as much as I LOVE the ****er, he just isnt that beast he was a few seasons ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go this summer.

Attacking Midfield Wingers wise, we have 3 left (Kalou, Malouda, Marin) Now I think the first two are on their way out of here this season and I don't think Marin is on the list as the first team replacement. This is where I Reckon Hulk/Hazard/Louca Moura would fit in.

Right side we have 3 (Yossi, Studge Rambo). I think Yossi is on the way out of the bidge this summer if we do make the big signings I mentioned above. Studge is ineffective as a winger due to his blatant tunnel vision when he's on the ball. Rambo has played very well on the right but still lacks that creative spark we would probably need to feed Torres. Hazard, again can play all across the attacking midfield line so he could be an option there either.

Centeral attacking midfield (The Hole) we have 5 (lampard, Mata, Yossi, possibly Piazon, De Bruyan) Lampard is well able to play here but I Think he prefers the deeper play and would probably be last choice to play there behind Yossi and Mata. Mata is perfect in this role and I believe will be first choice here, even if we did sign Hazard or Moura. He can also play right AM but not as effective, as we saw at the start. Yossi, as I said before could be on his way out and pushed down if we signed the two lads. Piazon was on the bench for the last game but I dunno what the club intend to do with him, he can play out left too I believe but signing Hazard/Moura will put him down the pecking order, for now. Same goes for De Bruyan, but if ya believe rumours, he could be on the way to Lille if the Hazard deal goes through.

Striking Options, at the minute are 3/4 (Torres, Lukaku, Studge, Piazon) Torres will definitely be first choice here next season, if we don't buy in Hulk. Torres plays much better with the man in the hole, which is why the 4-2-3-1 suits him. Depending on the manager, if Robbie goes, he might not have the man in behind him next season. He will need lots of support on the wings otherwise, which is where, Mata/hazard/moura could do a job on the flanks. Not all natural wingers but could create more than the current crop there. Sturridge is a poacher, imo, and would benefit playing off another striker or on his own just floating around, as near to goal as possible. He scored 11 goals last season so he can find the net, but the wide position doesn't suit him at all. Lukaku would be the right target man for Sturrdige to play off, due to his size and strength. I havent seen a lot of him playing but I'm told his first touch isnt the best. We all have heard the rumours of him possibly going on loan next season, so if thats the case We will probably need another striker. I mentioned Piazon there coz he can play in that role and would probably be more effective, passing wise than Studge, but again, I dunno what the club has planned for him. Falcao would be a great signing but if we did, Torres will sure want to pack up and go.

Current Transfrer Targets (Hazard, Moura, Hulk, Falcao) These are the names that have been thrown around the last few days and looking at the current crop of players and who would be leaving, the Left and right side of midfield are, the place needing serious creative reinforcement, as we all knew. I really couldnt see Roman forking out for all 4, nor will all four be interested, but I do believe of the 4 there, Hazard and Moura would be the best signings. Hazard can play all across the attacking midfield line, as stated before and would be perfect to create something from nothing along the lines. Moura can play left AM and would without doubt be first choice there over Marin and Kalou/Malouda, if they are still around. Hulk is a very strong and fast player but I think he would suffer under the lack of time and space he would have on the ball compared to Portugal. Players are right on ya when ya receive the ball in the EPL and I dunno if he would be able for it. Same as a striker, he might bungle more than he'd score. Falcao is the least lightly of all the current targets, and probably the very best. He can create goals for himself from nothing and its an absolute peach of a finisher. He can score from a half chance and thats something we need. If you look at Torres play, he tries to get around strikers before scoring, Falcao will give it a go anywhere around the 18 and will more than likely hit the target. would be a valuable signing.

Thats my views at the minute.

listening to talksport one of the journos who lives in rio seems to think lucas moura is like theo walcott reborn.

really fast but plays with his head down alot.

what sets him apart is his speed on the ball and can shoot from long distance.

massive potential but sometimes suffers from tunnel vision at times.

might be worth a go for chelsea if he comes good but probaly shows a big gamble

saying that he's a regular for brasil so he must be doing something right

Here is how I see the "state of the team" at the minute... I'm going by the 4-2-3-1 formation here:

Defence wise, we are covered, 2 Left backs (cole, berty), two Right backs (branna, monobrow) 4/5Center halfs (brana again, luiz, Cahill, Terry, Chalobah). If Bosingwa leaves, we have Hutch to fill the back up role. I'd pick Brana first choice myself, I think many would.

Central midfield we have, I count 6 (Lamps, Obi, McEachran, Rambo, Romeu, Essien) I Think we could probably do with another back up in the midfield but I'd prefer a youngster like Chalobah, who can play Holding midfield, Cover there, cost effective and has talent to boot. Romeu hasn't had the best of time since after christmas and possibly a loan move might be good for him, to play regular english football. Essien is not the player he was and as much as I LOVE the ****er, he just isnt that beast he was a few seasons ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go this summer.

Attacking Midfield Wingers wise, we have 3 left (Kalou, Malouda, Marin) Now I think the first two are on their way out of here this season and I don't think Marin is on the list as the first team replacement. This is where I Reckon Hulk/Hazard/Louca Moura would fit in.

Right side we have 3 (Yossi, Studge Rambo). I think Yossi is on the way out of the bidge this summer if we do make the big signings I mentioned above. Studge is ineffective as a winger due to his blatant tunnel vision when he's on the ball. Rambo has played very well on the right but still lacks that creative spark we would probably need to feed Torres. Hazard, again can play all across the attacking midfield line so he could be an option there either.

Centeral attacking midfield (The Hole) we have 5 (lampard, Mata, Yossi, possibly Piazon, De Bruyan) Lampard is well able to play here but I Think he prefers the deeper play and would probably be last choice to play there behind Yossi and Mata. Mata is perfect in this role and I believe will be first choice here, even if we did sign Hazard or Moura. He can also play right AM but not as effective, as we saw at the start. Yossi, as I said before could be on his way out and pushed down if we signed the two lads. Piazon was on the bench for the last game but I dunno what the club intend to do with him, he can play out left too I believe but signing Hazard/Moura will put him down the pecking order, for now. Same goes for De Bruyan, but if ya believe rumours, he could be on the way to Lille if the Hazard deal goes through.

Striking Options, at the minute are 3/4 (Torres, Lukaku, Studge, Piazon) Torres will definitely be first choice here next season, if we don't buy in Hulk. Torres plays much better with the man in the hole, which is why the 4-2-3-1 suits him. Depending on the manager, if Robbie goes, he might not have the man in behind him next season. He will need lots of support on the wings otherwise, which is where, Mata/hazard/moura could do a job on the flanks. Not all natural wingers but could create more than the current crop there. Sturridge is a poacher, imo, and would benefit playing off another striker or on his own just floating around, as near to goal as possible. He scored 11 goals last season so he can find the net, but the wide position doesn't suit him at all. Lukaku would be the right target man for Sturrdige to play off, due to his size and strength. I havent seen a lot of him playing but I'm told his first touch isnt the best. We all have heard the rumours of him possibly going on loan next season, so if thats the case We will probably need another striker. I mentioned Piazon there coz he can play in that role and would probably be more effective, passing wise than Studge, but again, I dunno what the club has planned for him. Falcao would be a great signing but if we did, Torres will sure want to pack up and go.

Current Transfrer Targets (Hazard, Moura, Hulk, Falcao) These are the names that have been thrown around the last few days and looking at the current crop of players and who would be leaving, the Left and right side of midfield are, the place needing serious creative reinforcement, as we all knew. I really couldnt see Roman forking out for all 4, nor will all four be interested, but I do believe of the 4 there, Hazard and Moura would be the best signings. Hazard can play all across the attacking midfield line, as stated before and would be perfect to create something from nothing along the lines. Moura can play left AM and would without doubt be first choice there over Marin and Kalou/Malouda, if they are still around. Hulk is a very strong and fast player but I think he would suffer under the lack of time and space he would have on the ball compared to Portugal. Players are right on ya when ya receive the ball in the EPL and I dunno if he would be able for it. Same as a striker, he might bungle more than he'd score. Falcao is the least lightly of all the current targets, and probably the very best. He can create goals for himself from nothing and its an absolute peach of a finisher. He can score from a half chance and thats something we need. If you look at Torres play, he tries to get around strikers before scoring, Falcao will give it a go anywhere around the 18 and will more than likely hit the target. would be a valuable signing.

Thats my views on the current state of the club anyway.

Thats my views at the minute.

Jaysus!!! Thats a HUGE post, I'm going to pick from it instead of goign through it all. :eek:

You missed GK - If Cech is injured we're screwed, Turnbull is a decent back up though, back up keepers dont have to be excellent IMO.

Defence - Think we have more then enough cover, the UCL Final was weird as we had 2 CB's suspended and 2 coming back from injury so it seemed like we we're strecthed more then we were.

Midfield - Your missing Meireles from you list, wouldnt be surprised myself if Essien was sold but I'd be sad to see him go but I think hes past his best due to injuries, Ramires is the new driving force.

AMW - Our weakest position with Kalou, Malouda, Yossi possibily leaving we ahev Marin, De Bruyne to repalce them as wellas the options of Ramires, Mata, Sturridge to play out there. Hazard/Moura/Hulk coming in could make a huge difference though.

CAM - Mata is our only real 1st team player that would be excellent there, Lamps is the next option, Piazon and Kakuta would be options but again with Hazard/Moura there potential options.

ST - Torres, Lukaku, Sturridge, Bamford. Take your pick.

Targets - You identified all of the main ones really and all would add to the team. Hazard would be the marquee signing no doubt but forking out 30-40 million is always a risk.

With the UCL win and going back in next year we have more money to throw around but I reckon it will be one massive spend and 2 additions to the squad.
    Not sure if we'll take Hulk or Falcao, less likely we'll get Falcao, that guy is one of the hottest properties in Europe at the moment.

One thing we can say without fail is its going to be an interesting Summer. :D

listening to talksport one of the journos who lives in rio seems to think lucas moura is like theo walcott reborn.

really fast but plays with his head down alot.

what sets him apart is his speed on the ball and can shoot from long distance.

massive potential but sometimes suffers from tunnel vision at times.

might be worth a go for chelsea if he comes good but probaly shows a big gamble

saying that he's a regular for brasil so he must be doing something right

I'd be surprised if we got Moura, I thought he was definitely going to Inter, we'd have to fork out massive money to get him and with all Brazilians coming to Europe directly from Brazil there's going to be a question mark about him, especially if he costs £30-40million :pac:

We dont want another Robhino. :P

Keeper wise we have Blackman and Delac returning from loan. both are very good young goalkeepers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we let Meireles go in the summer. Not good enough for the squad to take that next step up. Josh would provide better back up.

I cant see Bamford getting anywhere near the team next season, to be honest. We aren't great for blooding many youngsters. Berty is the only real solid first teamer from the youth ranks so far, followed by Hutch and Josh.

Worth noting as well, that Drogba was on something like 140k a week at Chelsea and his departure, along with a possible Kalou/Maloua and Yossi would free up a LOT of wages. One will wonder if they plan to over Torres like wage to one of those four players...

Oh, I never mentioned Paolo at right back. Did a job any time he played this season.

Keeper wise we have Blackman and Delac returning from loan. both are very good young goalkeepers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we let Meireles go in the summer. Not good enough for the squad to take that next step up. Josh would provide better back up.

I cant see Bamford getting anywhere near the team next season, to be honest. We aren't great for blooding many youngsters. Berty is the only real solid first teamer from the youth ranks so far, followed by Hutch and Josh.
    `
    Courtois!!! :pac:

We can sell cech and throw him into the deep end. ;)

I'd agree on Bamford, but the lad has a good future ahead of him, same with Josh, its about time he is allowed game time.

If RDM does get the job then we'll see a lot of rotation throughout the season and this will help the younger guys trying break through.

For me Ivan is a CB, a useful RB no more. Bose is not good enough though he played a stormer in the Nou Camp at CB. Sammy is at the moment just a back up it is a shame he lost that year as he was starting to progress very nicely and has an excellent cross on him. At LB and CB we are fine but I feel we are very exposed at RB.

Kalou and Mal should go as they are not good enough also. Yossi was never given a chance after his injury (how we lent him to such direct competitors I will never understand) and will no doubt go as well. Also think Turnbull and Hilario should be on this list but that ain't going to happen this year.

Of the lads on loan PVA (we do seem blessed at LB), Josh, Gael and Kalas may be good enough time will tell on that one and a few guys from the Youth Cup winning side could well step up (I do like Piazon's attitude not wanting to go on loan) Feruz is young but looks mustard and for his name Naughty Naughty just has to make it. Bruma and Courtois wont be back till next season so dont count as yet.

If we are to sign a striker Falcao would be my choice by miles, fine player should have bought him last summer really. Hazard or Modric would be really good but anyone of that ilk in tandem with Mata, Marin and Be Bruyan should suffice.

For me add Gregory van der Wiel and we are getting there.

Good post V9!!

As for Hulk been compaired to Sturridge is wrong, Sturridge is a striker were Hulk is better behind a striker or out wide. Same selfish behavour but not near as bad as Sturridge.

Lukaku and Piazon should go on loan next season once they can be given adaquate game time, same goes for De bryune.
    Poor oul Kakuta is who i worry for these days!
    I dont think Marin will be a nailed on starter either.
    I also think we should move on Essien if we can get a decent fee for him. He is getting on now and he has a poor injury record lately, plus we have Ramires to replace him...just put Rami on the weights :p
    Id also let Meireles go too if we can get a decent fee too.

I have a feeling we are gona be signing Lucas soon ;)

I'm just going to fire up Football Manager and let ye know who we should sign.

I hear Freddie Adu is meant to be lethal. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if we got Moura, I thought he was definitely going to Inter, we'd have to fork out massive money to get him and with all Brazilians coming to Europe directly from Brazil there's going to be a question mark about him, especially if he costs £30-40million :pac:

We dont want another Robhino. :P

I'm the same I thought he was gone to inter and like we've said before could just be another way of getting inter to panic and pay more money for him.

true I would hope that if we did manage to get lucas that he wouldnt turn into another robinho but I still remember feeling sick at the thought of him choosing city over us. who knows if he had join us with a different way of playing under scolari he couldve been a success.

I'd still like to see either him or hazard at our club and glad we were getting seriously linked with them as its exactly what we need some pace and creativity on the wings.

Good post V9!!

As for Hulk been compaired to Sturridge is wrong, Sturridge is a striker were Hulk is better behind a striker or out wide. Same selfish behavour but not near as bad as Sturridge.

Lukaku and Piazon should go on loan next season once they can be given adaquate game time, same goes for De bryune.
    Poor oul Kakuta is who i worry for these days!
    I dont think Marin will be a nailed on starter either.
    I also think we should move on Essien if we can get a decent fee for him. He is getting on now and he has a poor injury record lately, plus we have Ramires to replace him...just put Rami on the weights :p
    Id also let Meireles go too if we can get a decent fee too.

I have a feeling we are gona be signing Lucas soon ;)

Hope you're right about lucas :D

Lucas Moura may not be a household name yet but he is a potential superstar of the future and has been linked with several top European clubs. Sao Paulo’s president says Chelsea are ‘closest’ to striking a deal. Click here for the full story.
    by @SkySportsLewis 3:31 PM

I'm the same I thought he was gone to inter and like we've said before could just be another way of getting inter to panic and pay more money for him.

true I would hope that if we did manage to get lucas that he wouldnt turn into another robinho but I still remember feeling sick at the thought of him choosing city over us. who knows if he had join us with a different way of playing under scolari he couldve been a success.

I'd still like to see either him or hazard at our club and glad we were getting seriously linked with them as its exactly what we need some pace and creativity on the wings.

I remember the Robhino deal and was kind of freaking too, not so much now and then I think how City got Aguero over us and then I really am freaked. :(:mad:

Blow the budget and sign both of Moura and Hazard? That would be the dream.

I remember the Robhino deal and was kind of freaking too, not so much now and then I think how City got Aguero over us and then I really am freaked. :(:mad:

Blow the budget and sign both of Moura and Hazard? That would be the dream.

Excellent idea. Also, to make a good signing for the right side, Hoilett from Blackburn, contract is up this summer and would be great on the right.

Excellent idea. Also, to make a good signing for the right side, Hoilett from Blackburn, contract is up this summer and would be great on the right.

Really think he's good enough for us?

I think he could provide excellent cover on the right for Ramires if he got injured and would provide more than sturridge, creation wise.

• Advertisement

TBH i think Robhino was forced to go to city as we tapped him up from Madrid. He was never happy at City and that is why he was a flop there. He would have no doubt been a success with us!

Now Aguero..........dont get me started :mad:
    Ah well we have Torres instead for £50m :eek:

Turnbull is utter pants and should be got rid of asap!
    Hilario is ok but id like to see more of Delac and Blackman as back up.

If we have a massive clear out we will just need two or three signings to top up the squad. Plus once we get rid of some more players we could free up around €40m - €50m!!

Release/Sell
    Drogba (gone :() 140k per week
    Malouda sell for around 5m 60k per week?
    kalou Free on about 50k per week
    Meireles 5 million 60k per week
    Essien 6 million 70k per week
    Ferreira free 50k per week
    Turnbull shot 30k per week
    Yossi sell for 3 million 50k per week?

Thats a lot of free cash plus our CHAMPION OF EUROPE prize money we can reinvest in top draw players. Alot of players/dead wood gone but with our young players coming through and some new signings we could have a better squad than Man City and Madrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I think your squad, with exception of a few players, is deceptively strong.

TBH i think Robhino was forced to go to city as we tapped him up from Madrid. He was never happy at City and that is why he was a flop there. He would have no doubt been a success with us!

Now Aguero..........dont get me started :mad:
    Ah well we have Torres instead for £50m :eek:

Turnbull is utter pants and should be got rid of asap!
    Hilario is ok but id like to see more of Delac and Blackman as back up.

If we have a massive clear out we will just need two or three signings to top up the squad. Plus once we get rid of some more players we could free up around €40m - €50m!!

Release/Sell
    Drogba (gone :() 140k per week - Gone, God bless em.
    Malouda sell for around 5m 60k per week? - Gone with right offer
    kalou Free on about 50k per week - without Drogs about... Gone
    Meireles 5 million 60k per week - Will still be here, gone next season
    Essien 6 million 70k per week - Prob gonna end up staying
    Ferreira free 50k per week - Could be gone, nothing left to win here.
    Turnbull shot 30k per week - He'll be about, need English players
    Yossi sell for 3 million 50k per week? -Probably on his way.

Thats a lot of free cash plus our CHAMPION OF EUROPE prize money we can reinvest in top draw players. Alot of players/dead wood gone but with our young players coming through and some new signings we could have a better squad than Man City and Madrid!

Definitely 4 on that list on the way, imo. Wage wise We'd save, in or around, £280k freed up on wages. I reckon they'd offer Hazard a 100/120k contract, probably 60/80k to Moura. No idea what Marin, De Bruyne is gonna be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I'd be surprised to see Meireles gone this summer, its not like Chelsea to get rid after one season, and I don't think he's done all that badly for us really. For all the concern about creative midfield, I'm most concerned about us building a team around a (hopefully) revitalised Torres, that's a huge gamble.

According to Gourley at a papers only presser today, Kalou and Boswinga are on the way out of Chelsea along with Drogba on free's. No quotes yet. Post them when I do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement