Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

V9 wrote: »
    According to Gourley at a papers only presser today, Kalou and Boswinga are on the way out of Chelsea along with Drogba on free's. No quotes yet. Post them when I do.

Wow, we have a lot of spaces to fill! Maybe some youth being promoted,like Piazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Marin automatically fills Kalou's spot. I reckon Hutch will fill up for Boswinga.

EDIT:

According to @Chelsearumours, we are negotiating with Porto with hulk, no formal offer accepted. Bosy and Kalou are on the way out and Lille did accept an offer from us for Hazard. As good a chance as any of the other two to sign him.

God Im on fire today.

V9 wrote: »
    Marin automatically fills Kalou's spot. I reckon Hutch will fill up for Boswinga.

EDIT:

According to @Chelsearumours, we are negotiating with Porto with hulk, no formal offer accepted. Bosy and Kalou are on the way out and Lille did accept an offer from us for Hazard. As good a chance as any of the other two to sign him.

God Im on fire today.

Does he? I'm confused on the spots now

I know Cahill took Alex's spot, but doesnt that leave Anelka, Drogba and Yuri?

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley
    Three out at Chelsea - drog and 2 others! Guess the other two?

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley
    Ok that cfc test was too easy - your nearly all right. Kalou and Bosingwa. But which four getting new deals?

So Malouda gets a new deal? Meireles?

Does he? I'm confused on the spots now

I know Cahill took Alex's spot, but doesnt that leave Anelka, Drogba and Yuri?

Sturridge over Anelka, Torres for Drogba, Lukaku as backup, youri was covering all the left side, Berty is doing that job now.

4 players getting new deals? I reckon Bertie is one, Rambo signed one recently so its not him. David Luiz? Malouda at a lower wage? (hopefully) Mikel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Hope it's not Malouda really can't stick him any longer.

Who are the best fellas to follow on twitter for the transfers?

I find @Chelsearumours good.

Or me, not first hand info, but I retweet and discuss a lot of **** on it /plug

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7774278/Chelsea-interested-in-Hulk

There's always fcuking competition :p,fairly confident we'll end up getting him tho seems to want to come to Chelsea.

However any big game I see him play in he goes missing :confused:

Hulk would be interesting. If only to get Hulk on the back of a shirt :p

IF we do sign him... please god give us a green and purple shirt next season :D

Doing my own bit for us on twitter,tweeted Lukaku there to get on to Hazard about joining us.

Don't hold ye're breath :pac:

• Advertisement

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    L.Moura's agent Wagner Ribeiro told ESPN's journalist P.V.Coelho that Lucas Moura doesn't want to leave #SPFC before the 2014 WC. #CFC
    Retweeted by Chelsea Rumours

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    L.Moura's agent Wagner Ribeiro told ESPN's journalist P.V.Coelho that Lucas Moura doesn't want to leave #SPFC before the 2014 WC. #CFC
    Retweeted by Chelsea Rumours

Makes sense. He knows he will play week in week out and doesn't want to jeopardize that by leaving. Ramires was left out of the recent team due to "not playing in the normal position he would play in with us"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gwan Torres!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I was thinking about this earlier on ,

I think torres needs to be able to work with another big name striker , we need to have a plan B in Games or just a different approach to games when its called for .

I remember Nando at Liverpool in his pomp , but when he was out of the team , the were flat on there face , not cutting edge , no body good enough to step up to the task , we cant let that happen to us .

Let him be the main man , but he needs to be able to work with another striker up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I was thinking about this earlier on ,

I think torres needs to be able to work with another big name striker , we need to have a plan B in Games or just a different approach to games when its called for .

I remember Nando at Liverpool in his pomp , but when he was out of the team , the were flat on there face , not cutting edge , no body good enough to step up to the task , we cant let that happen to us .

Let him be the main man , but he needs to be able to work with another striker up top.

Keep in mind that Suarez was lined up to play alongside Torres so they must have felt Torres can play with another striker/forward.
    the trouble is finding this player. Gerrard was excellent playing up front with Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

amiable wrote: »
    Keep in mind that Suarez was lined up to play alongside Suarez so they must have felt Torres can play with another striker/forward.
    the trouble is finding this player. Gerrard was excellent playing up front with Torres.

....JESUS!....:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Keep in mind that Suarez was lined up to play alongside Suarez so they must have felt Torres can play with another striker/forward.

True about Stevie G , but he could not lead the line on his own and there was not another player in the club even half decent enough to stand up and fill the void when Torres was injured or missed a game or two.

You need two top class strikers at the club these days if you want to compete , especially if you look at the riches City have in the striking department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Although I wouldn't be his biggest fan, we do still have Danny S who was promised that he'd be given a forward role next season by AVB.

• Advertisement

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Although I wouldn't be his biggest fan, we do still have Danny S who was promised that he'd be given a forward role next season by AVB.

AvB is gone be, mate, he and his promises mean squat at Chelsea now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Legend in action

Watched this about 5 times. Thanks for the memories Drogba absolute legend, the greatest striker I've seen play for Chelsea. Delighted to have seen him live many times and also see him score many times.

Sad that he's leaving and still didn't want him too but the time is right, he has won it all with us and will go down as a club legend and the man whose last kick was winning us our first Champions League.

Goodbye Drogba. :(

Didier_Drogba_2226210b.jpg

True about Stevie G , but he could not lead the line on his own and there was not another player in the club even half decent enough to stand up and fill the void when Torres was injured or missed a game or two.

You need two top class strikers at the club these days if you want to compete , especially if you look at the riches City have in the striking department.

Agreed you need 2 top class strikers but the trick is to try and get one that is happy to play second fiddle to someone like Torres.

Perhaps Mata could play the Gerrard role alongside/behind Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

kalou and bosingwa will be leaving.

as alot of people including myself seemed expect.

kalou was a good squad player for us. showed flashes of quality over the years and scored a few winners.

bosingwa also had his moments was good going forward but shocking at defending especially this last season. but i've got to hand it to him his performance in the two barca legs was immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I must admit I am happy to see kalou leaving.

Since we signed him he never really improved. when he got the ball he just seem to run into players or lose the ball.

you got the feeling he didnt know what he was going to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

2 players that must want rid of.

Kalou was always a decent squad player though, not to many players that would stay around that long and be happy to get maybe 15-20 games a season.

We now need to replace 3 players, so far.

CF isnt so much a priority but if Torres doesnt perform then we'll panic buy in January as usual on a guy who isnt UCL tied. Torres has 4 months this year when the season starts to either put up or shut up.

I think he'll do it.

Bos, we have options but lets just take Van Der Weil, job done. :pac:

Kalou, lets throw one of the young guys in there. Marin and De Bruyne have a better chance now to play so a youngster as back up, ala what Kalou used to do is the best option.

Lets keep the big bucks for Hazard.

On Moura, I wouldnt be surprised if he wanted to stay in Brazil, Neymar said the same thing and any of the young guys that want to play will stay and try and make an impression.

In other news. Who do ye seriously think might be in the frame as the new chelsea boss?

I'd like to see robbie given a one year like alot on here have suggested but it seems to me that the board want some big name manager.

The noises ron gourlay has been making especially the day after the final seem to say even though robbies done an amazing job we're still looking for someone else.

In other news. Who do ye seriously think might be in the frame as the new chelsea boss?

I'd like to see robbie given a one year like alot on here have suggested but it seems to me that the board want some big name manager.

The noises ron gourlay has been making especially the day after the final seem to say even though robbies done an amazing job we're still looking for someone else.

Couldnt tell ya.

If it isnt RDM this year I dont know who we'll go for.

If it isnt RDM the players will probably kick up a fuss half way through the season.

If I was to take a stab in the dark I'd say Capello but there sno reason we shouldnt give RDM a one year rolling contract, tyhe only problem with that is hes smart enough to know that if Roman has any chance of getting Pep he'll hire him so RDM could save himself the hassle and not want the job.

So many potential scenarios its not even funny.

ya true that. was trying to think myself but really cant figure out anyone

Jeffrey Bruma will be staying with HSV for another year

• Advertisement

who do you support?

just wondering

who do you support?

just wondering

Liverpool.

Better chance of games there so why not, Courtois will more then likely be the same.

who do you support?

just wondering

I love all things football so I spend half my days when it's quiet at work just reading about football or watching streams of matches or highlights online :)

I love all things football so I spend half my days when it's quiet at work just reading about football or watching streams of matches or highlights online :)

I spend most of my time on boards in work.

If I could get paid for the hours I put in on boards in relation to work, I'd be doing more hours on boards.

;)

Gourlay interview

http://www.telegraph...ridge-exit.html

Key bits are here

Chelsea are pushing ahead with plans to reshape their squad with chief executive Ron Gourlay saying yesterday that there were “a number of targets out there”. He ruled out the possibility of David Luiz leaving and said the club would decide shortly whether goalkeeper Thibault Courtois will go back out on loan.

“The top players want to play in the Champions League,” Gourlay said. “There’s a lot of competition out there. You’d want to be in that competition to give yourself the best chance. Every season we have brought three or four players in, and that will continue.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Papers reporting that RDM will not accept one year contract - cant say I blame him.

Its funny to see some of the announcements come from the board when its patently obvious who will make the decisions:

"We will sit down as a board of directors with our owner as quickly as we can and take our decision from there. We are going through that process now and then we'll sit down - it's only been a couple of days (since the season ended)." - Gourlay.

bullpost wrote: »
    Papers reporting that RDM will not accept one year contract - cant say I blame him.

Its funny to see some of the announcements come from the board when its patently obvious who will make the decisions:

"We will sit down as a board of directors with our owner as quickly as we can and take our decision from there. We are going through that process now and then we'll sit down - it's only been a couple of days (since the season ended)." - Gourlay.

True, cant blame him.

As I said, hes smart enough to realise whats happening.

He could walk now and nobody would fault him, he was already a Chelsea legend before this season and at the moment hes brought us the biggest trophy in our history.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Delighted Bose and Kalou gone Mal should be next, simply not good enough for us and have not been for some time. I am not certain we need another striker the three we have cost a lot of money (OK DS didn't in the scheme of things but is worth a few quid). But signing big name strikers is sort of a phallic thing so we will most likely buy one.

I still think we need at least one top quality RB I would prefer two if Sammy is not given the Bose back up role. Ivan is not a RB he claims to prefer CB, he plays that way and I think he is an excellent CB. The rest of our defence is fine Cahill was one of the buys of the season in my mind. Teams always want a settled back four so getting 4 Cb's into 2 slots will be interesting.

I really only think we need 1 world class RB one good RB a Hazard or a Modric type and with the players coming in or back we are well positioned for next season.

Of course we need a decent coach too so if RDM does not get a deal or does not get the deal he wants I think Capello would be a good choice. Pep is the elephant in the room here though Roman does seem to want to hang on for him which will make it difficult getting a top class coach in the meanwhile. Maybe Capello or somesuch would be happy with a one year contract then moving up the food chain. Sad thing is I dont think Pep is the man for the job even given his achievements with Barca.

Gourlay said in the same interview the new manager could be in place within a couple of weeks. Its on the Sky Sports website and look under Football/Chelsea and you'll see it. Apparently an interview on SSN this morning with more details.

• Advertisement

Capello is the first name I thought of as hes out of work, hes not getting any younger and hes a proven winner.

I dont know if he'd take the job either, I mean Roman wants Pep and I'm not sure any manager will take the job knowing that after a year theres a chance they'll be moved on.

Its a terrible way to do business as a club, hiring a guy for a year and then bringing in the guy you always wanted.

I'm genuinely at a lose as to who will be our next manager, it wont be Pep and it wont be Jose, it could be RDM and could be Capello, but neitehr will want to keep a seat warm for a year.

Ooooowwww my head.

Gourlay said in the same interview the new manager could be in place within a couple of weeks. Its on the Sky Sports website and look under Football/Chelsea and you'll see it. Apparently an interview on SSN this morning with more details.

That would suggest to me that they have not settled on RDM and are looking at candidates.

Or that RDM has told them he doesnt want it if its only for a year.

Either way it isnt looking good for RDM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

[QUOTE=what a day;78835085

Release/Sell

Drogba

Malouda sell for around 5m 60k per week?

kalou Free on about 50k per week

Meireles 5 million 60k per week
    Essien 6 million 70k per week
    Ferreira free 50k per week
    Turnbull shot 30k per week
    Yossi sell for 3 million 50k per week?

Bosingwa Free :(

QUOTE]

Bom Bom Bom another bits the dust

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRQMplD7PMF1DmW19oCNwVEAjAhkNK-vFl1s9EOzOh8MbS-xxoDCFerb-q

I must say im a bit suprized Bosi was released. I taught he was a good attacking alternative to Ivan. We must have another RB lined up as his replacment as Ivan wants to be a CB and Hutch has still to stake a claim for a spot in our squad.

Kalou wil go some were and become a class striker/winger....mark my words!

As it stands we need 2 new wingers a midfielder and a right back.

As for our new manager i think Robbie may be given a 3 year contract but will more than likely be sacked once Guariloa becomes available.
    (not what i want but im just saying what i can see happing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

what a day wrote: »
    I must say im a bit suprized Bosi was released. I taught he was a good attacking alternative to Ivan. We must have another RB lined up as his replacment as Ivan wants to be a CB and Hutch has still to stake a claim for a spot in our squad.

As for our new manager i think Robbie may be given a 3 year contract but will more than likely be sacked once Guariloa becomes available.

No he won't, he just won't:pac:. Kalou will never be top class anything. So we should see at least 3 new players this summer with drogs, bos and kalou out and hopefully malouda to follow. Some quality fresh faces needed badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

what a day wrote: »

Not surprised at all I must say first and foremost Bose is a defender but he cant defend it is that simple for me. Also he is nowhere near as effective as he was going forward, I cant remember the last decent cross he swung in from the right. Ivan is not great going forward but he can defend at least, also he is handy from corners and set pieces etc.

I really doubt Kalou will ever be world class but he has got starts under all our managers so there could well be something, personally I think AVB got that one right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

gavredking wrote: »

Kalou was always a decent squad player though, not to many players that would stay around that long and be happy to get maybe 15-20 games a season.

Strangely enough Kalou made alot more appearances than one would think.
    244 appearances in 6 years .
    57,48,43,36,41 and 24 appearances per season.

.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7YwwazNbyz4ugzFePneWqDxvkdH9ekXeSTbAj8sFnSb4yONNcqhe28yC . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ4X5pH3cjArK5zMtZhsCa9ssl1c7KDoiPdofaZKJrPj9fZSvEMVHvv0Q . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJg0yonKwfJLqvrb02D3JmMS4BmvzDcCOd5K_JZbTHjm_oR8kMHoS4grU images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVibx9YJ4kmuM2FcNUlJ7kG-J0sLZYQKgiMbrHjmOL3AECdIniLg3MiPI images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR0stnXAcurDJ6KZxUTVV3xCHzbYyxfDGsfVze0tKnznUg7_EyOrffAmc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR7GAtIGwbuOFh99yWu_oI8sVkx5gf3j_ddJYijvNiBrMJnl1g6Y4M9pE images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbx90swzmwbSFulpHjAxEvoMFvTE7tYmLOqPsMGvF8mluGNh1SbKJLWF4 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTNi0iSZJFGQQIdTuoJBAKShd6DsyuS2BUaADiZYj6xoVU80yUS_ugag images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHB7PGEgJLQ_LubYGmBTUfF0Rmmbi_pSWnyS4KJUu3Rg9IHn0v77SEE2JP

.............................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ04j6AEWc1mMopi66iEqWrYg6RqFDgB3s8vN8t5w4vustRF1UBtzfO081aYg

Bring on next season :P

• Advertisement

Strangely enough Kalou made alot more appearances than one would think.
    244 appearances in 6 years .
    57,48,43,36,41 and 24 appearances per season.

Mainly as a sub for the last 3 years. RDM liked him as he was more willing to do the donkey work that Sturridge wasnt.

He'll go to Arsenal and bang in 20 goals, banker. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement