Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

what a day wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7YwwazNbyz4ugzFePneWqDxvkdH9ekXeSTbAj8sFnSb4yONNcqhe28yC . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ4X5pH3cjArK5zMtZhsCa9ssl1c7KDoiPdofaZKJrPj9fZSvEMVHvv0Q .images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJg0yonKwfJLqvrb02D3JmMS4BmvzDcCOd5K_JZbTHjm_oR8kMHoS4grU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVibx9YJ4kmuM2FcNUlJ7kG-J0sLZYQKgiMbrHjmOL3AECdIniLg3MiPI images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR0stnXAcurDJ6KZxUTVV3xCHzbYyxfDGsfVze0tKnznUg7_EyOrffAmc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR7GAtIGwbuOFh99yWu_oI8sVkx5gf3j_ddJYijvNiBrMJnl1g6Y4M9pE images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbx90swzmwbSFulpHjAxEvoMFvTE7tYmLOqPsMGvF8mluGNh1SbKJLWF4 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTNi0iSZJFGQQIdTuoJBAKShd6DsyuS2BUaADiZYj6xoVU80yUS_ugag images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHB7PGEgJLQ_LubYGmBTUfF0Rmmbi_pSWnyS4KJUu3Rg9IHn0v77SEE2JP

.............................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ04j6AEWc1mMopi66iEqWrYg6RqFDgB3s8vN8t5w4vustRF1UBtzfO081aYg

Bring on next season :P

^ <Pedantic> :pac:

Feck......neevr moved Mata central.

FAIL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Lamprd will still play a role. Although not as heavy as the latter part of this season. Probably alternate with Rambo.

V9 wrote: »
    Lamprd will still play a role. Although not as heavy as the latter part of this season. Probably alternate with Rambo.

Definetly, but there will be times when we wont need a DM like Mikel, so playing Lamps and Ramires will happen alot next year, especially if a team comes to Stamdford Bridge and tries to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Id imagine we will play a 4-3-3 formation if we get two good wingers in.
    If not we will have to settle for :P

..........................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ4X5pH3cjArK5zMtZhsCa9ssl1c7KDoiPdofaZKJrPj9fZSvEMVHvv0Q
    .images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVMimSQ9OFliA4OH81R2iO2Sv5GKjmlLMUgwcwDdI1xt7w7BCCw4Rtpik images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJg0yonKwfJLqvrb02D3JmMS4BmvzDcCOd5K_JZbTHjm_oR8kMHoS4grU images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR0stnXAcurDJ6KZxUTVV3xCHzbYyxfDGsfVze0tKnznUg7_EyOrffAmc
    .....................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9nWRehb72p8-YLsN8VoQ7uufOqQUIA4zDGbJ8GukgZcgSjJknR9IQyjM.....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg62Am4FVjU7VJcSHvBPFP6hZ1Org8kQ4E9YCUyJI1BMbs_VZJRC5cIeo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK2wr2hR8aEsXsbLKczZWjcQVKy5XJZeGOY2F7J0lsvkjnZzw-mSOxtn8 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv95LuqCjR0L7hw6zeq4-C9uAUbHvyWpxGeZTv0egsNnErRQOzIRVJ28I images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTNi0iSZJFGQQIdTuoJBAKShd6DsyuS2BUaADiZYj6xoVU80yUS_ugag images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc294VP2jKqa1pMdHEmeHSdbPMHTG2p8Tz-oyPr6fwKDhZP384AhVi0-fY
    .....................................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ04j6AEWc1mMopi66iEqWrYg6RqFDgB3s8vN8t5w4vustRF1UBtzfO081aYg

Thats more like it ^^^^

If we go for a 4-3-3 then I think Mata will be wasted, he needs the close suuport of wingers and a striker to work off so giving him the free role is the only way forward for us.

• Advertisement

Just a quick question, any interest in going over for the first home game in August?

Season will probably start on Saturday 18th August, doesnt mean we will have our first or second game of the season at home but hopefully its the very first game.

Either which way we'll have to wait until the fixtures come out, which should be some time in the middle of June.

It would be a good opportunity for all of us to go over and give people plenty of time to organise it.

either way its just an idea, coming closer to the start of the season we can post in the tickets thread.

Just a thought.

Good ide gav..........we could make a boards banner :pac:

Il def go over next season but not sure which matchs. Have not gone in a while because my house is a money pit at the moment.

Gonna ask Roman for any odds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Il def go over next season but not sure which matchs. Have not gone in a while because my house is a money pit at the moment.

I have one of those houses pain in the **** what???

Just an idea anyway at the moment lads, dont expect all of ye to be able to commit to it but would love if a few of us could go over next season.

Houses? Renting in a 3 bed duplex apartment, living the dream :p

gavredking wrote: »
    Just an idea anyway at the moment lads, dont expect all of ye to be able to commit to it but would love if a few of us could go over next season.

Re house Grrrrrrrrrrr icon10.gif.

re game great idea and will certainly look to get to a game or two

• Advertisement

I'm sure if Roman can buy a yacht for a couple of hundred million $'s then he can sort ya out.

While your at it tell him sell his yacht and finance a deal for Messi :pac:

A boards banner, not a bad idea, we could always just all wear pink and be easier t see on T.V. :P

I was thinkin we could dress up as the chelseatubbys?? :D

I was thinkin we could dress up as the chelseatubbys?? :D

Enjoy getting beaten up on match day, I'm going to pretend I dont know ya anyway.

:p

We should wear these :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-XfsalA36Nx-Wiad-VggLiNzxxjTbZxJSXjDNDpe8pv_880PCNYzqOw1kYQ

We should wear these :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-XfsalA36Nx-Wiad-VggLiNzxxjTbZxJSXjDNDpe8pv_880PCNYzqOw1kYQ

Now your sucking diesel hope it not a November to March game!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Hazard has said he will be joining either us, utd or city. ruling spurs and arsenal out

Says it depends on playing time and where.

I'd say he'd probaly get the most playing time at us because we're in need for some pace and creativity.

I guess we need to have a manager installed permanently before they can tell him where we would play him tbh linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hazard has said he will be joining either us, utd or city. ruling spurs and arsenal out

Says it depends on playing time and where.

I'd say he'd probaly get the most playing time at us because we're in need for some pace and creativity.

I guess we need to have a manager installed permanently before they can tell him where we would play him tbh linky

he also prefers to play behind the striker, no 10 position - in other words where we want Mata!

Enjoy getting beaten up on match day, I'm going to pretend I dont know ya anyway.

:p

There is more padding in the tubby costume, i should be ok for a few punches ha ha

Hazard's whoring of his services is a joke at this stage.

Honestly, I'd love if we signed him but he could very well get to big for his boots.

If you get paid £100K a week then you'll play whereever the manager sees fit.

He could very well keep swapping with Mata/Marin having the lads interchange would confuse defenders but could cost us at the back.

As I said on the Hazard thread, I couldnt care I just want him to say hes signing for somebody and let that be it, keep your mouth shut until then.

Ah i have to agree stg, there is Matas best position. Im a huge fan of his, such a clever footballer and has the skill to top it all.

I put mata as a left attacking mid because he can make runs up the left and forward allowing Ramires to stay behind and help out Mikel.
    Id give Mata a free role when we have posession.

Simular to barca with mata taking Iniestas role and Ramires doing Xavi's role. Mikel to stay deep like biscuts.

Id even like to see a mirror image of the midfield with Mata on the right so he can com in onto his left foot and Ramires can track back on the left hand side like he did with the Barca match. Rami can also come in on to his prefered right foot for shots.

• Advertisement

Ah i have to agree stg, there is Matas best position. Im a huge fan of his, such a clever footballer and has the skill to top it all.

I put mata as a left attacking mid because he can make runs up the left and forward allowing Ramires to stay behind and help out Mikel.
    Id give Mata a free role when we have posession.

Simular to barca with mata taking Iniestas role and Ramires doing Xavi's role. Mikel to stay deep like biscuts.

Id even like to see a mirror image of the midfield with Mata on the right so he can com in onto his left foot and Ramires can track back on the left hand side like he did with the Barca match. Rami can also come in on to his prefered right foot for shots.

om nom nom biscuts

I thought hazard was a winger tbh that could play centre if he wanted.

I'd say both mata and hazard could alternate between the wing and centre if needed during a match.

edit: ramires doing xavis role? hes hardly got that range of passing

Sure if we sign Hazard he'll probably be doing interviews every day before the game saying he may or may not start.

;)

om nom nom biscuts

I thought he was a winger tbh that could play centre if he wanted.

I'd say both mata and hazard could alternate between the wing and centre if needed during a match.

He is, hi is simular to David Silva. Like Silva he is a better cm than a winger. Like Hazard both players can play in different positions but id suggest Hazards best postion is a forward/winger. He is very simular to Ronaldo in the way he plays.

If we signed both Hazard and hulk id imagine Hazard will be our Left striker/inverted winger and Hulk will be our right sriker/inverted winger.

He is, hi is simular to David Silva. Like Silva he is a better cm than a winger. Like Hazard both players can play in different positions but id suggest Hazards best postion is a forward/winger. He is very simular to Ronaldo in the way he plays.

If we signed both Hazard and hulk id imagine Hazard will be our Left striker/inverted winger and Hulk will be our right sriker/inverted winger.

ya ok deal lets do this ! yaaaaaaaay

Mirror midfield like i was saying, Mata on the right with a free role when we have the ball. Ramires our box to box midfielder. Mikel our enforcer.
    And Cole our attcking wing back much like Alves.

.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7YwwazNbyz4ugzFePneWqDxvkdH9ekXeSTbAj8sFnSb4yONNcqhe28yC . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ4X5pH3cjArK5zMtZhsCa9ssl1c7KDoiPdofaZKJrPj9fZSvEMVHvv0Q . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR0stnXAcurDJ6KZxUTVV3xCHzbYyxfDGsfVze0tKnznUg7_EyOrffAmc images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVibx9YJ4kmuM2FcNUlJ7kG-J0sLZYQKgiMbrHjmOL3AECdIniLg3MiPI images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJg0yonKwfJLqvrb02D3JmMS4BmvzDcCOd5K_JZbTHjm_oR8kMHoS4grU
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR7GAtIGwbuOFh99yWu_oI8sVkx5gf3j_ddJYijvNiBrMJnl1g6Y4M9pE images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbx90swzmwbSFulpHjAxEvoMFvTE7tYmLOqPsMGvF8mluGNh1SbKJLWF4 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTNi0iSZJFGQQIdTuoJBAKShd6DsyuS2BUaADiZYj6xoVU80yUS_ugag images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHB7PGEgJLQ_LubYGmBTUfF0Rmmbi_pSWnyS4KJUu3Rg9IHn0v77SEE2JP

.............................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ04j6AEWc1mMopi66iEqWrYg6RqFDgB3s8vN8t5w4vustRF1UBtzfO081aYg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

^ This would be perfect, torres ahead of them and mata given free reign behind him. Ramires and Mikel would have to be truly defensive to counteract such an attacking front line though...

Bring back the high line and high pressing game.

/ Runs :pac:

It could be an awsome team if we get the right manager to get the balance of play right. We can be very attacking and very defensive with that formation and squad players.

Hulk is well capable of tracking back and bullying his way back onto the ball. Rami and Mikel can guard our back four, While Hazard and Torres could be lethal in a counter attack with their speed.

When cabaye was at Lille hazard played wide, left or right, of a 433. When cabaye left to Newcastle, hazard moved more central, where he had great success. If he came to us, yeah he would want the #10 position but I think his ability to play along that attacking line would help him fit in to what he wants to do best, which is play. As long as he sees plenty of the ball, he will be happy.

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »
    When cabaye was at Lille hazard played wide, left or right, of a 433. When cabaye left to Newcastle, hazard moved more central, where he had great success. If he came to us, yeah he would want the #10 position but I think his ability to play along that attacking line would help him fit in to what he wants to do best, which is play. As long as he sees plenty of the ball, he will be happy.

Ok i sanction a move :P

more talk of us going after Seydou Doumbia from CSKA
    Seems to have a good goal scoring record but i dont know any thing about him other than what wikki offers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    So lads who are our targets we are strongly rumoured to with?
    Would you like to see Falcao in a Chelsea shirt or is he overhyped?

Unnatural split second finisher. Would tear up the PL. Strikers don't often get much time on the ball and he is so gifted with so little time.

Spot on regarding Falcao. Cavani like wise but i think if we cant swap Torres for Falcao we would need to spend a fortune when other players are more urgently needed.

Torres will score if we have players to provide him. Poor team or not he netted a good hat trick vs QPR his eye and sharpness for goal has returned. Get the ball to his feet and he will score.

So lads who are our targets we are strongly rumoured to with?
    Would you like to see Falcao in a Chelsea shirt or is he overhyped?
    Would love to see him playing for us super player. Should tell Atletico if they want to borrow our keeper again next season they have to sell us your striker. Also think bag full of goals in Nando so whilst he would be nice not critical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Count Pistol in with big Shinny bells on , although with Holidays and all that Jazz , and the olympics on I would say mid september would be a better time to look into .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Massive game coming up for the Chelsea under 21s in July. Away to Northampton Town @ Sixfields. The Cobblers being the 88th best team in English professional football!

Hopefully it will be a decent game and should get a fairly good crowd. Good to see some of the reserves and ? Stars of the future

Very slow news day today lads.

Making work drag, entertain me or give me a reason to ban/infract ye. :p

I went into lifestyle sports and asked the very fit blonde would she mind modeling the new home jersey for me,told her you'd look well in blue:pac:

I dont know if thats creepy or genius.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Very slow news day today lads.

Making work drag, entertain me or give me a reason to ban/infract ye. :p

You have smelly dog breath...:pac:
    The Daily Mail are claiming Pep is having second thoughts about taking time off footy. Also according to the same source, Fabio is hoping Chelsea offer him a 1 year deal.

Panthro wrote: »
    You have smelly dog breath...:pac:
    The Daily Mail are claiming Pep is having second thoughts about taking time off footy. Also according to the same source, Fabio is hoping Chelsea offer him a 1 year deal.

BANNED!!! :pac:

I've seen Sgt Pepper posted about Pep alright, I dont know if he'll take any job so early after his time off.

He would definietly have his pick of jobs though.

Fabio? :confused:

marko marin is very dribbly in fifa

that is all

Back to Chelsea matters,would Capello be bad as a Chelsea manager?

Nope, he'd be excellent IMO.

He's similar to Hiddink. He has discipline and is a man manager.

He's won it all and seen it all, but hes what, 60?

I think however he could easily do a job with us.

I think we will get Pep, but i still think Di Matteo would be a success with us. If Pep gets the Job he has to get it in writing he can do what he likes when he like with us because Roman will sack him in 6 months while Pep trys to get the best from the squad. I just hope he wont be AVB the 2nd!

Poor oul DiMatteo i think he could do brillinat with us and play better ball then we have been. With fresh young players to come into the squad Robbi could have us playing the beautiful game.

When is Malouda leaving?? he should have been the first to go!
    If we get pep as manager we might see an injection of Spanish into the squad to Join mata Torres and Oriel.
    We have been linked with Azpilicueta in past and new rumours floating about that Alves is a target for city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Jesus Ranieri in talks with WBA :eek:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/7777745/Baggies-in-talks-with-duo

Wasn't expecting that,Wilkins too.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Jesus Ranieri in talks with WBA :eek:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/7777745/Baggies-in-talks-with-duo

Wasn't expecting that,Wilkins too.

Could be a good move from WBA, they could push for top 8 if they get one or two more players if they get both of the above.

I'd like to see ranieri back in the PL

Always a likeable guy in his interviews. just his tinkering got a bit mad at times.

Plus he signed us frank :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement