Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    Hazard - Well worth it.
    Hulk - Pretty big meh from me, if we got Hazard there is no need for Hulk.
    Moura - Same as Hazard, if we get him, we dont need Moura.
    VDW - Could do with more options at RB and 8m isnt to expensive.
    Marin - Cheap as chips and we need a winger, 4 times less then those mentioned above is worth the gamble.

Long may the spending continue :pac:

hmmmmm
    Hulk - Big yes from me, can play on the wing as well.
    If we do let Kalou go, then we will only have Torres, danny and Luka as strikers
    Luka is likely to go on loan. Danny could be played on the right wing again.
    So I say we need at least another striker and Hulk would be excellent

Moura - Looked anon in the brazil game, needs to stay in Brazil for a few years I reckon
    VDW - Must be someone better at the same price out there!
    Marin - Squad player - but maybe could develop into the player he was once hyped to be

Appartently its to us and the contract is a £7.5 - £8 a year deal, about 140K-£150K a week.

madness if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we get Hazard then that will free up Danny to play up top instead of wide.

I'd rather spend it on Hazard but time will tell. :pac:

I agree on VDW, hes not the best, but he isnt the worse, hes liek a younger Bosingwa in terms of ability and what he could become.

If we do get Hazard and its this early in the window I'd say we wont do major business again but if its not Hazard then it'll probably be Hulk, I'd guess its one or the other not both.

madness if true

Unfortunatly thats the price we have to pay. Hazard has effectively held all the top teams to ransom and its only the teams fault if they pay it, especially when Hazard only ruled us back in when we won the UCL. :pac:

Theres no doubt that City, Utd and Chelsea can afford his transfer but I'd say its between us and City as to who can offer him the biggest wages, TBH, no matter who Hazard joins he'll progress his career and I think if its between us and City we'll bag him.

If we get Hazard then that will free up Danny to play up top instead of wide.

I'd rather spend it on Hazard but time will tell. :pac:

I agree on VDW, hes not the best, but he isnt the worse, hes liek a younger Bosingwa in terms of ability and what he could become.

If we do get Hazard and its this early in the window I'd say we wont do major business again but if its not Hazard then it'll probably be Hulk, I'd guess its one or the other not both.

it will be both - Hazard is there mainly to create goals but theres no way Chelsea will rely on 2 strikers for the whole season. dont forget, we made £50 mill just from the CL run then theres the saving of a bit of a clear out.

I'll eat my hat if we dont sign another striker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

hmmmmm
    Hulk - Big yes from me, can play on the wing as well.
    If we do let Kalou go, then we will only have Torres, danny and Luka as strikers
    Luka is likely to go on loan. Danny could be played on the right wing again.
    So I say we need at least another striker and Hulk would be excellent

Moura - Looked anon in the brazil game, needs to stay in Brazil for a few years I reckon
    VDW - Must be someone better at the same price out there!
    Marin - Squad player - but maybe could develop into the player he was once hyped to be

Hulk would be a must must buy from me, class player and will cause problems to any defence, very versitile.

Lucas is a class young player and i would be delighted if we signed him but as mentioned above he could do with staying in Brazil for another season.

Hazard would be an awsom buy i reckon and we need two wide players not just Hulk. Hazard sound like a prat TBH but he does have the quality to be a top top player.

VDW im not pushed on, as i said before id be happy to retain the services of bossi and kep Ivan as our RB. Kyle walker could be a good option but dont think Spurs likes us :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Have we no chance buying Falcao?

I'd say no. I think Torres will be the main striker next year and his only competition wil be Danny and wide men being pushed upfront if he doesnt perform.

Im not too confident with this,id love to say yea this year will be his year,but he isnt the Torres of old,he hasn't the pace like he used to and im just a bit worried he will disappear in games

We wont know until about another 2 1/2 months though :pac:

Hell, we dotn even have a manager at thsi stage, if we replace RDM then Torres, including a few more could be shipped out before the start of the season.

:pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Appartently its to us and the contract is a £7.5 - £8 a year deal, about 140K-£150K a week.

madness if true

Keep in mind there are 3 players leaving in the summer and one of those were on wages of 140k a week, so for the extra 10k to his wages we might still save a good 80k. So its not so bad.

True true
    I suppose ill have to use more patience,though it is exciting to be a Chelsea fan at the moment!

And scary :pac:

But what other way would we have it.

yep, twitter and web alive with Hazard to Chelsea at the moment
    even rumours that he is on his way to Cobham for a medical!

Probably bollox

V9 wrote: »
    Keep in mind there are 3 players leaving in the summer and one of those were on wages of 140k a week, so for the extra 10k to his wages we might still save a good 80k. So its not so bad.

It is when you think Mata is on a reported 70k

Anything over 100k for a 21 year old is madness.
    If he does come to us, he better live up to the hype!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

yep, twitter and web alive with Hazard to Chelsea at the moment
    even rumours that he is on his way to Cobham for a medical!

Probably bollox

probaly.

though I wonder has the club printed any hazard #11 shirts yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

What an arsehole to make up his mind and not tell us where :mad:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-close-in-on-eden-hazard-and-hulk-7793476.html

Chelsea are hoping to confirm a £62million double deal for Hulk and Eden Hazard.

Chief executive Ron Gourlay announced last week that the club’s triumph in the Champions League had netted them “hundreds of millions”, income which means they can afford to sign quality players in the transfer market.

Good read sgt but im getting carried away now thinkin we are gona sign Hulk, Hazard and Lucas now!!

If Torres cant score between Hazard and Hulk...with Mata feeding him through balls i dont know what will. if we signed both players we could have Sturridge up front with Hulk and Hazard flanking him. Would be awsome as all three players can revolve postions.:) :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Paddy Power suspended betting on Hazard to Chelsea after a massive surge of betting!

I know we've been burnt by these things before, Pastore last year, Robinho before that, but my god what a start to next season this would be, massive statement from the club to bag him if they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Paddy Power suspended betting on Hazard to Chelsea after a massive surge of betting!

I know we've been burnt by these things before, Pastore last year, Robinho before that, but my god what a start to next season this would be, massive statement from the club to bag him if they can!
    Skybet have gone from 1/4 to 1/8. I think they are the only firm offering odds at the moment. The rest are scared of getting burnt

Hazard 11 on the new jersey?

Yes please. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

already gotten di matteo 16 on mine :cool:

Come on Hazard!!

I think the compition is from Man City as they can match our wages and they have Kompany in their squad.

But we have to be stronger favourites to sign him with as good a wage as any one can offer. We are in need of the attacking playmaker/winger and we have 3 other belgains in our squad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWv-S4tP7JvyAZyFOB9s9Fkoq_QRCw-_WmhHeWOOLIxmBYzuFIMWKXmEw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

what a day wrote: »
    Come on Hazard!!

I think the compition is from Man City as they can match our wages and they have Kompany in their squad.

Given the fractious nature of the Belgian national side, that could just as easily be a deterrent. Though I've no idea how those two get on.

• Advertisement

Man City dont have a UCL in their trophy cabinet :pac:

In all seriousness though it could just be another round of twitter specualtion gone into over-drive.

This guy has the best PR people in the game. :D

Let's not get carried away now, lads. Let's wait til the club announces it.

Let's avoid getting egg on our face ;)

"Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Eden Hazard to reveal which club he'll be joining this afternoon. Stay with #SSN for full details when his destination is revealed. "

Looks like we'll know today at least, if he's signed for either Manchester club then at least it wont have dragged on all summer getting our hopes up!

Well if we dont get Hazard we should be in for Hulk so I'm not going to lose much sleep if we dont get Hazard.....BUT I would rather Hazard.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very solid player, if a little immobile at times

greendom wrote: »
    Very solid player, if a little immobile at times

Be a tower of strength though.
    /gets coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Be a tower of strength though.
    /gets coat

You can get mine too, while you're at it :D

greendom wrote: »
    You can get mine too, while you're at it :D

Have it and all, cabs are outside :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Apparently he wants the number 10 jersey at whatever club he goes to. So don't go buying any jerseys yet :pac:

Right, so if this goes through, cfc want hulk next, grand, so with KDB, Marin, hazard and hulk. Is that business done and dusted?

Apparently he wants the number 10 jersey at whatever club he goes to. So don't go buying any jerseys yet :pac:

They wont go taking #10 from Mata, unless he agrees to it, which I'd highly doubt he would.

TBH, a players number should have no bearing on his destination but I can imagine, like C.Ronaldo, it could be an image right thing also.

I think its more then ten role than the ten shirt. I'm sure he will have his pick of numbers. Give him #25 ;-)

I think its more then ten role than the ten shirt. I'm sure he will have his pick of numbers. Give him #25 ;-)

For over £100K a week he should get #73 and be willing to play LB.

:p

For over £100K a week he should get #73 and be willing to play LB.

Yknow what the best part of all this will be? I can save 30m on not having to sign him in Football manager :-P

• Advertisement

Yknow what the best part of all this will be? I can save 30m on not having to sign him in Football manager :-P

way more importantly than that, the clear out I normally have to do every single Chelsea game will have already been done! selling Kalou to Arsenal every time was getting boring!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    way more importantly than that, the clear out I normally have to do every single Chelsea game will have already been done! selling Kalou to Arsenal every time was getting boring!

Kalou to arsenal always happens. :eek:

My top tip :

FM Editor,
    Release players you dont want
    More money into your sponsorship - 100 million a year
    Renew sponsorship for 50 years
    Move to new stadium with 200K capacity and have 200K season tickets
    Guarnteed success

Screw you Roman :pac:

They wont go taking #10 from Mata, unless he agrees to it, which I'd highly doubt he would.

TBH, a players number should have no bearing on his destination but I can imagine, like C.Ronaldo, it could be an image right thing also.

Mata might like the #11 jersey though and be up for the swap.

I was thinking it was probably the ten role as opposed to the number ten. There was a report saying that it was the ten shirt though and he does seem like the kind of person that would insist on it.

Don't think he's ready for the #25 shirt yet. Doubt he has the class for it either :p

Mata has the class for 25. Should've got that shirt when huge arrived. Hutch currently holds the number I believe.

Mata has the class for 25. Should've got that shirt when huge arrived. Hutch currently holds the number I believe.

Mata would be a good fit for #25 alright. The number's currently vacant. Hutchinson has #27.

All of you stop now with the 25 nonsense and wash your mouths out

I actually saw HIM play and HE > everyone else!

Ya just dont realise what you have until its gone. :(

He doesnt need any introduction does he?

Sorry :(:(:(

What if Hazard pulsl a Bendtner ank asks for #50 coz hes double the player HE was? :pac:

/runs and hides.

• Advertisement

He doesnt need any introduction does he?

I doubt it. Is it even possible to be a Chelsea fan and not know who he is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement