Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Are we sure he's signed for us? Like.......SURE?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thats if he is actually signing for us ,

Champions League winner is a bit vague for my liking ,

Could be United , Chelsea , Liverpool .

Now we know it's not Liverpool :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

djPSB wrote: »
    Congrats on Hazard.

Ye deserve each other!

Well enlighten me please good sir ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

abelard wrote: »

Nope , not till you see the gansy in the Kids hands

It would definitely seem so. There's a BBC commentator from Limerick that I know and he's certain that Hazard will be a Chelsea player next season.

Aquila wrote: »
    Ya gotta love some of the hateful comments on this forum :)
    amiable wrote: »
    Such as?
    Wrong thread I would say he ment the Hazard thread .
    Congrats on Hazard.

Ye deserve each other!

Impeccable timing :p

How did this one slip by us lads/ladies ?

206710.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Wonder what his defending is like? ;)

L'Equipe says Eden Hazard signed a five year deal at Chelsea worth €550k a month

• Advertisement

Yes - or SSN, the times , pretty much the whole worlds media is going to look pretty silly!

Apparently he had permission to announce via twitter as long as he doesnt do interviews.

Gourlay is going to announce it this Friday with Hazard on one arm and Neymar\Hulk\Cavani on the other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

marin/mata/hazard swapping between wing and centre with torres up front

om nom nom nom nom

Yes - or SSN, the times , pretty much the whole worlds media is going to look pretty silly!

Apparently he had permission to announce via twitter as long as he doesnt do interviews.

Gourlay is going to announce it this Friday with Hazard on one arm and Neymar\Hulk\Cavani on the other!

And Luka Modric before the end of the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Levy will be looking for at least 40m + .....remember.

May has been the best month EVER!

BERBA wrote: »

We'll see

• Advertisement

Sure we done you lot for 40 million when we knocked you back into the Europa League ,

It will be 40 million well spent I say , nearly cost neutral :D;):D

For people asking why it's not on Chelsea's website: SkySports says Eden Hazard was given permission to announce his choice but isn't allowed to give interviews yet by Chelsea. They are finalizing the details. -S

(Copied from one of them rumor sites)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sure we done you lot for 40 million when we knocked you back into the Europa League ,

Yeah just throw another 40 million at your team. Football has sold its soul and it is really sickening to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just looked him up on youtube ... :eek:

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yeah just throw another 40 million at your team. Football has sold its soul and it is really sickening to be honest.

It warms my little heart how bitter you are :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

marin/mata/hazard swapping between wing and centre with torres up front

om nom nom nom nom

Lampard nom nom nom nom.....

Am wondering are you a Liverpool or Chelski fan?

I like yere style , throw 500 million at it during the summer and it might get ye back in the top 4 next season.

It warms my little heart how bitter you are :D

Well it breaks my heart how football has gone, it's all about the money and to be honest I am falling out of love with it.

Well it breaks my heart how football has gone, it's all about the money and to be honest I am falling out of love with it.

Well make sure to tip into the United, City ,Liverpool, Barca , Real Madrid, Inter ,Ac Milan threads to share this wonderfully insightful opinion.

And spurs would of being spending the big bucks this summer had we not relegated them to EL so take the violin elsewhere , you will get not sympathy here .

You spend a lot more than the teams below you, do you feel bad for them too , and before you even attempt to say it , Chelsea are far from below Spurs , RDM focused on the Champions league over the league , an extremely risky and somewhat stupid decision but it paid off.

Lampard nom nom nom nom.....

Exactly , we have to be thankful to the lad for having a Champions league in the Trophy cabinet at the bridge .

Still in awe of the ball he put through to ramieres against Barca.

Top Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I like yere style , throw 500 million at it during the summer and it might get ye back in the top 4 next season.

Who needs the top 4 when we're good enough to win the UCL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I think Spurs will lose either Modric or Bale this season, possibly the two.

Whom ever they lose they will get good money for them and how they invest that money will be key to staying in touch with top four. Missing out on CL football and the money it would of generated will hurt Spurs but i can see them being up there again next season.

We wont struggle for top four next season imo. We made a disastrous decision in appointing AVB and matteo did concentrate on the cups but he's run in was very difficult, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all away were always going to be difficult plus in between that we had Barca twice in the CL and Liverpool in the F.A Cup final.

but he's run in was very difficult, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all away were always going to be difficult plus in between that we had Barca twice in the CL and Liverpool in the F.A Cup final.

Sorry to be so fussy but the Spurs and Newcastle games were at the bridge.

Sorry to be so fussy but the Spurs and Newcastle games were at the bridge.

Yea sorry about that but they we're tough game's nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Eden Hazard is a blue, is a blue, is a blue,
    Eden Hazard is a blue, he hates Manchester!
    (Too soon?)

Am wondering are you a Liverpool or Chelski fan?

What does that matter? You ask this because i have an opinion that Modric will leave Spurs this summer and possibly sign for Chelsea?

Yea sorry about that but they we're tough game's nonetheless.

I'm sorry Willy but if you want to get in to the top 4 you need to win tough games.
    A tough game is not an excuse for not finishing in the Top 4.
    As Pete pointed out RDM put all his eggs in one basket and it paid off for him.

I think Spurs will lose either Modric or Bale this season, possibly the two.

Both on long long long contracts. Before you say to me contracts aint worth the paper they written on , we got the shrewdest operator on the case in good ol Danny Boy. If he doesn't want them going then they won't. Simple.

So winning the UCL has got us in the market for some of europes top ypug talents?

Excellent :pac: :)

What does that matter? You ask this because i have an opinion that Modric will leave Spurs this summer and possibly sign for Chelsea?

Bet you said the same thing last summer , and look what happened there;)

I gave an opinion last summer? You are probably correct. I probably did. Still no reason to question if I support Liverpool or Chelsea. We don't know how Levy got him to stay but I'd suspect it may have just give us one more season to qualify for the Champions League again.

No no was just a genuine question because I thought you were a Liverpool fan but was not completely sure.

gavredking wrote: »
    So winning the UCL has got us in the market for some of europes top ypug talents?

Yet will Chelsea reward the man who brought them this success?

No, we keep fannying about! :(

• Advertisement

Or Utd

No no was just a genuine question because I thought you were a Liverpool fan but was not completely sure.

Fair enough. apologies :)

For what its worth i dont think we should hand Spurs 30-40 million for modric.

At the moment we have de bruyne/marin/mata/hazard all to play across the top 3. He wont play in the dm position, that will be between ramires/lamps/mikel.

Worse thig we could do is splash out on him, spurs will just use the money to bring 2,3 good players or sign adebayor and give him the wages he wants, both bad things fof chelsea utd city arsenal newcastle

gavredking wrote: »

Yet will Chelsea reward the man who brought them this success?

No, we keep fannying about! :(

He'll be hired :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

See can we not all just get along, lets all have a group hug and rejoice the month of May (well it the the Chelsea super thread after all ;))

See can we not all just get along, lets all have a group hug and rejoice the month of May (well it the the Chelsea super thread after all ;))

Haha. I can't wait for June and the euros, so I can put this season well and truly behind me.

• Advertisement

Only for june,july amd before the first game in august :)

I'm sorry Willy but if you want to get in to the top 4 you need to win tough games.
    A tough game is not an excuse for not finishing in the Top 4.
    As Pete pointed out RDM put all his eggs in one basket and it paid off for him.

If you want to win the league you have to win your fair share of big games. it's the points dropped against the smaller teams that cost us top 4.

Drawing away to Wigan, Swansea and Norwich, losing at home to Vila, losing away to QPR, West Brom and Everton all under AVB cost us top 4.

Under Di Matteo I'm confident we would have accumulated many more points in those fixtures.

If you want to win the league you have to win your fair share of big games. it's the points dropped against the smaller teams that cost us top 4.

Drawing away to Wigan, Swansea and Norwich, losing at home to Vila, losing away to QPR, West Brom and Everton all under AVB cost us top 4.

Under Di Matteo I'm confident we would have accumulated many more points in those fixtures.

AVB cost Chelsea a top 4 position? I'd think that through Willy if I were you.

AVB cost Chelsea a top 4 position? I'd think that through Willy if I were you.

i've already thought it through. AVB left us with a severe uphill battle to make the top 4 with the fixtures we had left on top of the CL and FA cup games. 4th spot would have been virtually sewn up had he got as many points out of the fixtures mentioned above as he should have done.

i've already thought it through. AVB left us with a severe uphill battle to make the top 4 with the fixtures we had left on top of the CL and FA cup games. 4th spot would have been virtually sewn up had he got as many points out of the fixtures mentioned above as he should have done.

You keep on believing that Willy but the stats don't see it that way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement