Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

amiable wrote: »
    You keep on believing that Willy but the stats don't see it that way.

anybody can use stats to win an argument. the key is to look into things further, like the actual fixtures and get a bigger picture from there.

RDM had very difficult league fixtures left mixed in with CL and FA cup games, and won the vast majority of his bread and butter games. AVB failed to do this and lost far too many of our games against midtable/relegation opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Look AVB was a disaster we probably would of got relegated if he was left there till the end of the season,whereas if we had RDM we would of won it twice over,yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

You keep on believing that Willy but the stats don't see it that way.

anybody can use stats to win an argument. the key is to look into things further, like the actual fixtures and get a bigger picture from there.

RDM had very difficult league fixtures left mixed in with CL and FA cup games, and won the vast majority of his bread and butter games. AVB failed to do this and lost far too many of our games against midtable/relegation opposition.
    Or a crystal ball. AVB may have won those games. He had Chelsea just off 4 th place when Spurs were still 3rd. Stats are only being used to back up the argument. AVB had a higher points per game average than RDM. Im not knocking Roberto. I just think you are being unfair to AVB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So AVB would have got us relegated?

Think my sarcasm detector has exploded :pac:

Or a crystal ball. AVB may have won those games. He had Chelsea just off 4 th place when Spurs were still 3rd. Stats are only being used to back up the argument. AVB had a higher points per game average than RDM. Im not knocking Roberto. I just think you are being unfair to AVB.

AVB wouldn't have won as many games in the run in as RDM IMO. he had no intentions of changing his style and the team as a whole were playing terrible. We were far more organised and looked more confident under RDM.

Points per game stats are useless unless you look at the fixtures and the circumstances surrounding them ie. fixture congestion.

The fact is we were 4th when AVB left but had an extremely tough run in compared to our rivals. It was always going to be an uphill battle to make it into the top 4 when RDM took over.

AVB wouldn't have won as many games in the run in as RDM IMO. he had no intentions of changing his style and the team as a whole were playing terrible. We were far more organised and looked more confident under RDM.

Points per game stats are useless unless you look at the fixtures and the circumstances surrounding them ie. fixture congestion.

The fact is we were 4th when AVB left but had an extremely tough run in compared to our rivals. It was always going to be an uphill battle to make it into the top 4 when RDM took over.
    5 th

Also nobody knows. Too convenient now to knock him

5 th

not really, I'm on record a few times saying that I never wanted Ancelotti sacked in the first place and recognized pretty quickly that we were going nowhere with AVB and said as much.

i'm not just conveniently knocking him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

78 million for Hazard? Chelsea are fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

really hope rdm gets the chelsea job coz its the only way i can see then not getting top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What's the story with De Bruyne btw? Is he going out on loan again next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

flyswatter wrote: »

That figure is plucked out of thin air and most likely factors in his total wages were he to fulfill every year of his contract. Even then, the transfer fee is believed to be £35m and close to £5m for 5 years so again, the £78m figure seems nonsensical.

Not a chance is that the transfer fee. Could be overall deal. 30,35 million transfer and 7:5 million for 5 years would drive it up.

gavredking wrote: »

Not a chance is that the transfer fee. Could be overall deal. 30,35 million transfer and 7:5 million for 5 years would drive it up.
    Its the over all deal alright including the reported 6 million agent fee. Every players overall package looks massive when all fees and wages are combined

5 th

not really, I'm on record a few times saying that I never wanted Ancelotti sacked in the first place and recognized pretty quickly that we were going nowhere with AVB and said as much.

i'm not just conveniently knocking him now.
    You state things like this as fact when they are just your opinion. Nobody actually knows for certain if Chelsea were wrong to sack Ancelloti just like nobody knows if AVB would have been successful

Its the over all deal alright including the reported 6 million agent fee. Every players overall package looks massive when all fees and wages are combined

Ya, when you take everything into consideration then its going to look massive.

That agent fee is a disgrace, one thing I hate about professional fee is the extradonary fee's that agents collect.

So for next year we'll have one of Europes best keepers, a couple of English Internationals, 2 Brazilain internationals, the worlds best LB, One of Englands best CM midfielder, 2 Spanish WC winners, some of Europes hottest properties, and a good deal more of international players.

I'm throwing money us winning the league next year. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ya, when you take everything into consideration then its going to look massive.

That agent fee is a disgrace, one thing I hate about professional fee is the extradonary fee's that agents collect.

But remember when Utd paid 26 million rising to 30 million for an 18 yr old Rooney all those years ago. Looks a bargain now, if as expected he becomes as much of a key figure for us Rooney did for Utd.
    In fact its less of a gamble, because he is older and more experienced, just not in our league

Drogba 24 million - worked out at 3 million a year and 10 trophies later!

All things are relative!

But remember when Utd paid 26 million rising to 30 million for an 18 yr old Rooney all those years ago. Looks a bargain now, if as expected he becomes as much of a key figure for us Rooney did for Utd.
    In fact its less of a gamble, because he is older and more experienced, just not in our league

Drogba 24 million - worked out at 3 million a year and 10 trophies later!

All things are relative!

I've no problem paying the transfer fee, thats the going price that ourselves, City or United would have had to pay to get him but the agents are a disgrace IMO.

If Hazard does go on to be a key player to us then any transfer fee will be justified.

That makes 4 previous Ligue1 player of the year we've signed.

Drogba
    Essien
    Malouda
    Hazard

blue-army wrote: »
    What's the story with De Bruyne btw? Is he going out on loan again next season?

No idea, I'd be surprised if he went back to Genk though.

He could go to Lille, as amiable suggested months ago, it could be a stipulation in the Hazard deal that Lille get De Bruyne for a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

No idea, I'd be surprised if he went back to Genk though.

He could go to Lille, as amiable suggested months ago, it could be a stipulation in the Hazard deal that Lille get De Bruyne for a year.

could very well happen id say, with Cole and Hazard gone they'll need someone to fill one of those spots!

ideally tho I would love for De Bruyne and Lukaku to be going to the same place on loan to get more time playing together

is that even aloud happen 2 players on loan at the same club?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    could very well happen id say, with Cole and Hazard gone they'll need someone to fill one of those spots!

ideally tho I would love for De Bruyne and Lukaku to be going to the same place on loan to get more time playing together

is that even aloud happen 2 players on loan at the same club?

Guess we need a manager to decide who goes on loan!

Guess we need Roman a manager to decide who goes on loan!

:D

Guess we need a manager to decide who goes on loan!

never stopped us before!

loving the fact that we're making these deals at the start of the summer before the window even opens, leave them off to play some international football and hopefully have them back to start pre-season training rather than leaving them till deadline day!

never stopped us before!

loving the fact that we're making these deals at the start of the summer before the window even opens, leave them off to play some international football and hopefully have them back to start pre-season training rather than leaving them till deadline day!

We've secured 2 players that arent going to the Euro's also, less football for them.

If we do go after a player in the Euro's I hope we sort it ASAP as prices can become inflated after a good display in an international tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

So for next year we'll have one of Europes best keepers, a couple of English Internationals, 2 Brazilain internationals, the worlds best LB, One of Englands best CM midfielder, 2 Spanish WC winners, some of Europes hottest properties, and a good deal more of international players.

I'm throwing money us winning the league next year. :cool:

Gav your forgetting Hulk so we will have 3 brazilian players......plus Piazon;)

As for all the haters coming out regarding Hazard its hilarious!! If we sign him for €30 million thats what he is worth 78 million ha ha brilliant

I supose Ferdinand was bought for £82,000,000 so :eek:

Its just silly, a player is bought for a fee, the chap has then to be paid, get over it you bitter WUMS.

Im trying my best not to get carried away by Hazard signing for us incase it wont happen. Im looking forward to the game the weekend now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

what a day wrote: »
    Gav your forgetting Hulk so we will have 3 brazilian players......plus Piazon;)

As for all the haters coming out regarding Hazard its hilarious!! If we sign him for €30 million thats what he is worth 78 million ha ha brilliant

I supose Ferdinand was bought for £82,000,000 so :eek:

Its just silly, a player is bought for a fee, the chap has then to be paid, get over it you bitter WUMS.

Im trying my best not to get carried away by Hazard signing for us incase it wont happen. Im looking forward to the game the weekend now!

Hazard will get a hat trick against england and break his leg, ruining any transfer :pac:

Piazon isnt a full international yet though < pedantic > :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7YwwazNbyz4ugzFePneWqDxvkdH9ekXeSTbAj8sFnSb4yONNcqhe28yC . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ4X5pH3cjArK5zMtZhsCa9ssl1c7KDoiPdofaZKJrPj9fZSvEMVHvv0Q . images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR0stnXAcurDJ6KZxUTVV3xCHzbYyxfDGsfVze0tKnznUg7_EyOrffAmc images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVibx9YJ4kmuM2FcNUlJ7kG-J0sLZYQKgiMbrHjmOL3AECdIniLg3MiPI images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJg0yonKwfJLqvrb02D3JmMS4BmvzDcCOd5K_JZbTHjm_oR8kMHoS4grU
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR7GAtIGwbuOFh99yWu_oI8sVkx5gf3j_ddJYijvNiBrMJnl1g6Y4M9pE images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbx90swzmwbSFulpHjAxEvoMFvTE7tYmLOqPsMGvF8mluGNh1SbKJLWF4 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTNi0iSZJFGQQIdTuoJBAKShd6DsyuS2BUaADiZYj6xoVU80yUS_ugag images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHB7PGEgJLQ_LubYGmBTUfF0Rmmbi_pSWnyS4KJUu3Rg9IHn0v77SEE2JP

.............................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ04j6AEWc1mMopi66iEqWrYg6RqFDgB3s8vN8t5w4vustRF1UBtzfO081aYg

Come on Hulk, that would complete our starting 11 for next season.
    Id like McEachran to stay with us next season and given game time because he is not getting it on loan. Even if we just give the youths the Carling cup to play in would be a step up for them than the youth cup.

Piazon, Lukaku, McEachran, Chalobha, Bertrand, Hutch should all get game time in the cup. I think DeBryune will go to Lille on loan. Id also like Hilario or Delac/Blackman start all our CC games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'd like to see what blackman can do. Looks like a giant. (and has a cool mohawk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

So any more news on the transfer this morning? Still not ready to believe he has actually signed based on what I heard yesterday.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

How many more signings will we make through the summer?

Probably Hulk,a right back (van der wiel) and one for the craic on deadline day? :p

Meglamonia wrote: »
    How many more signings will we make through the summer?

Probably Hulk,a right back (van der wiel) and one for the craic on deadline day? :p

Bale, Modric, Walker, Adebayor. :pac:

Just incase you all forgot....we are champions!!!!
    That is all :D

article-2149134-132F2E88000005DC-429_468x426.jpg

lol just noticed on the utd mega thread one of the tags is:

"Welcome to united hazard"

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hulk deal 90% done?

Anyone think Ivanovic could leave? With the likes of Real and Barca in for him I have a feeling he could be tempted. Hopefully he will stay though.

lol just noticed on the utd mega thread one of the tags is:

"Welcome to united hazard"

heh

We'll just have to edit our tags to say something else ;)

hulk's twitter account has started to tweet in english and posted this message:
    Thanks to all Chelsea fans, the beautiful messages of support! And I'm sorry for my english hahahah

interesting....

hulk's twitter account has started to tweet in english and posted this message:

interesting....

Once he doesnt do a Hazard on it I'll be happy.

Although I thought it was funny when one of the Sky reporters tried to interview him going on the pitch and he just turned around and said he doesnt speak English :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just incase you all forgot....we are champions!!!!
    That is all :D

article-2149134-132F2E88000005DC-429_468x426.jpg

Love the fact that JT's face is obscured in that photo - fantastic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, talk about a new look starting line up should all these rumours have an ounce of truth behind them!
    Will Lukaku and Piazon be better off going out on loan ye think?

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Jaysus, talk about a new look starting line up should all these rumours have an ounce of truth behind them!
    Will Lukaku and Piazon be better off going out on loan ye think?

They're probably better off on loan but they need the right experience and clubs to go to.

I thik we should hold on to Piazon because id be afraid he would be left on some teams bench half the season. Id prefer if he kept him and played him in our Carling cup games. Lukaku on the other hand i think he would get plenty of games with one of the PL lower teams.

When does the transfere window open June or July?

I thik we should hold on to Piazon because id be afraid he would be left on some teams bench half the season. Id prefer if he kept him and played him in our Carling cup games. Lukaku on the other hand i think he would get plenty of games with one of the PL lower teams.

When does the transfere window open June or July?

Taken from online as I wasnt to sure myself :

In England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played.

Dan LeveneBluesChronicle
    Major chelsea rebuild under-way. Eden Hazard all but sorted. HULK 90% complete. Talk of renewed interest in Luka Modric. Interesting summer.

Thanks Gav, just getting worried if we wrap up these players only for City to come in just before they sign and snatch them from under our nose's.

Read some were Pep is going to meet with Roman and Roman is planning on buying tp players to sweeten up Pep with already having fresh young Players ready to start with .ie Hazard Hulk porbably Modric.

I really do think we are going to get Pep BTW, it would not take this long to know weather to hold on to Robbie. We all know Romans fantasy of Barca football at Chelsea and its clear Pep is dearly wanted by Roman.

Id prefer Roman to poach the Barca youth coachs and Acadamy staff to raise our youth rather than just get the Barca head coach and expect them to play the Barca way with our squad.

I think Lukakus loan will depend on if we get in another Striker, if not then Torres > Sturridge > Lukaku will be the hierarchy and he'll play!

If we get in Hulk then I think he should go out on loan, prem would be ideal, but seeing how McEachran wasted the last 6 months at Swansea we would have to spend some time looking at the teams to see where we would be guarenteed to get games!

I was so excited to sign Lukaku and was very worried by him effectively wasting a year in our reserves when he should have been out playing even it was at Championship level, he needs a big year to get back to the level he was at, id hate for him to fade away, but hopefully having all these Belgians will help!

Dan LeveneBluesChronicle
    Major chelsea rebuild under-way. Eden Hazard all but sorted. HULK 90% complete. Talk of renewed interest in Luka Modric. Interesting summer.

Good news if any of it is true.
    Thanks Gav, just getting worried if we wrap up these players only for City to come in just before they sign and snatch them from under our nose's.

Read some were Pep is going to meet with Roman and Roman is planning on buying tp players to sweeten up Pep with already having fresh young Players ready to start with .ie Hazard Hulk porbably Modric.

I really do think we are going to get Pep BTW, it would not take this long to know weather to hold on to Robbie. We all know Romans fantasy of Barca football at Chelsea and its clear Pep is dearly wanted by Roman.

Id prefer Roman to poach the Barca youth coachs and Acadamy staff to raise our youth rather than just get the Barca head coach and expect them to play the Barca way with our squad.

It would be better if we signed Pep...then he'd convince the coaching staff ;)

I think Lukakus loan will depend on if we get in another Striker, if not then Torres > Sturridge > Lukaku will be the hierarchy and he'll play!

If we get in Hulk then I think he should go out on loan, prem would be ideal, but seeing how McEachran wasted the last 6 months at Swansea we would have to spend some time looking at the teams to see where we would be guarenteed to get games!

I was so excited to sign Lukaku and was very worried by him effectively wasting a year in our reserves when he should have been out playing even it was at Championship level, he needs a big year to get back to the level he was at, id hate for him to fade away, but hopefully having all these Belgians will help!

Lukaku will come good, he needs the right move though and game time.

The game time will only depend if hes good enough at his new club.

Good news if any of it is true.

It would be better if we signed Pep...then he'd convince the coaching staff ;)

Watch this space

• Advertisement

Watch this space

< Watching.......waiting >

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTmxVxpeCzpPV-qfSJ0e9Gd0vIbJFnSXrkdG0fAci20ODz26xYOw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement